Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ouija Boards
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Riza Babe
Hi well i remmber 3 years ago when i was 15 there was a guy in my class that was telling my friend ellie that hes gonna do a wiggi board to contact the dead and i thought he was joking but he wasn't so i thought i might hangaround so i did but then the bell rang so i was late to my class and i just have to run to my class. i asked m friends why they didn't go there were saying that you can die so i started to shake and well when they did it they all said that it moved but i didn't belive them.

so anyways anyone tried doing this before? ph34r.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Uh... you mean 'Ouija', right?
Riza Babe
or that but in uk we call it wiggi boards lol
lime_chan_the_wannabe_alchemist
I've never used a Ouija board but my dad use to have one when he was young,OMG the stories that he ,my aunts and uncles told me about what they did with the board,one time they told that the house they used to live in was inhabitated by ghost*hides*
Riza Babe
AHHHH IM SCARED NOW!!!! *HIDES WITH lime_chan_the_wannabe_alchemist*

ahh god im gonna go to sleep oh no i shouldn't ghosts might kill me in my sleep @_@
Gashole
Where I grew up we didn't have the board. People just recite a mantra and provide a stick, a stone, or a pen if they want to call the dead. The dead can tell you the answers to your questions (i.e. even the one on your future math tests), but relying on the dead is a bad idea. The dead want something in return and there was one time a girl was forced to carry a spirit all the way to another city that was its hometown.

If I sound weird and like an uneducated person, keep in mind I lived in a third-world country where this kind of things exists.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Gashole @ Dec 8 2004, 10:53 PM)
Where I grew up we didn't have the board. People just recite a mantra and provide a stick, a stone, or a pen if they want to call the dead. The dead can tell you the answers to your questions (i.e. even the one on your future math tests), but relying on the dead is a bad idea. The dead want something in return and there was one time a girl was forced to carry a spirit all the way to another city that was its hometown.

If I sound weird and like an uneducated person, keep in mind I lived in a third-world country where this kind of things exists.

Louisiana? huh.gif
FullMetal Edward
i've never done the ouija bord thing my self but, I've heard stories. I think the only creepy thing I've ever done was doing the boodly marry thing >:D
Gashole
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 8 2004, 03:57 PM)
Louisiana? huh.gif

Some of us still live like this:
IPB Image

I wasn't kidding when I said I had an experiment with a shaman. ph34r.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Gashole @ Dec 8 2004, 11:03 PM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 8 2004, 03:57 PM)
Louisiana? huh.gif

Some of us still live like this:
IPB Image

I wasn't kidding when I said I had an experiment with a shaman. ph34r.gif

Wow... that's some language you've got there... And you talk like this ALL the time?!
DarkWater Alchemist
I've never tried, but I had a friend whose dad could see spirits and who appeared to have a sixth sense. She told me a story about when he called her and told her through the phone that she was wearing a beautiful new dress, and he could describe it entirely while he had never seen it before. The man died before I ever met him.

However, I've never believed any of these stories, or stories about calling spirits. A moving glass on a table isn't going to convince me. I have to see it with my own eyes, get real proof and then I'll think about it. If it were possible to summons spirits we would know alot more, like... well, we could call for the spirit of Jesus, or Tutankhamen, or Einstein. cool.gif
Quistis88
Personally, I've never tried Ouija Boards, nor have I seen one in real life. I've heard many questionable stories about them though. blink.gif
Alphonse
I'm not allowed to have a Ouija board in my house because my mother's overly superstitious and finds the boards satanic. But I have played at a friends house and it didn't work. >.> The girls were moving it and not doing it right. >.>
Gashole
It is satanic. ph34r.gif
Lady Battousai
Gashole, yours sound familiar to mine accept now they use pen and sometimes a board. In an all-girls school,they are known for curiousity and as they always say curiousity kills the cat. So please don't ever go near them.It's off better safer than sorry later.

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

I shouldn't be telling out this story to the others but I just wanted to share with you happy.gif. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Anyway, Riza Babe, do not worry about your problem now. Just get on with life happy.gif. Since you're still not in any state of unconsciousness and typing your way to this forum...I think it's okay. Don't worry so much, the more you do the more your imaginations stay alive in your mind. I remember the time when our school got struck by a big 'thing' crisis, I couldn't sleep for nights because too afraid to have nightmares of that crisis. As a result, all my concetration were ruin. happy.gif it's still fine for you case. I wish the best of luck!
xrninja
my calvin and hobbes book has a few comics where they're experimenting with an ouija board.....i'll scan them because they're hilarious biggrin.gif maybe they'll ease your ouija board fears a little.

IPB Image
Blade42
haha, that's a good comic.
Quistis88
xrninja, I love it! biggrin.gif
Chain Alchemist
QUOTE(FullMetal Edward @ Dec 8 2004, 04:01 PM)
i've never done the ouija bord thing my self but, I've heard stories. I think the only creepy thing I've ever done was doing the boodly marry thing >:D

do you mean that ghost summoning game using a mirror?
Quistis88
There was also something called "Candy Man" that is supposedly similar to "Blood Mary". Never tried any of them myself though. What is it like?
GuestHole
Do you guys get a kick out of playing with dead spirits? ph34r.gif
I happen to be perfectly happy that I'm one of the people who are unable to see ghosts.

@Bacon: Well, that language is pretty easy, with only 26 letters in the alphabet no more no less. (Spanish and Tagalog have some extra letters.) There are also many cognates. Isn't Russian the language that is completely different from English? Same letters but different pronunciations?
Chain Alchemist
according to some ghost story book I've read, if you bring out a mirror, turn off the lights and then start chanting a ghost's name, the ghosts' face will appear in the mirror after a while. turn on the lights to get the ghost away.

have fun!...not....
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(GuestHole @ Dec 9 2004, 04:50 AM)
@Bacon: Well, that language is pretty easy, with only 26 letters in the alphabet no more no less. (Spanish and Tagalog have some extra letters.) There are also many cognates. Isn't Russian the language that is completely different from English? Same letters but different pronunciations?

No, different alphabet. Russian uses Cyrillic letters, which are somewhat like Western letters, but have a bunch of additional letters that would go with compound consonant sounds in the Western alphabet, plus some silent accent characters.
Bling_bling_Angel
I believe it's spelled "ouiji"... Anyhow, it's a no-no for me... too wierd and I don't believe in divination. Why bother learning about the future with creepy stuff, eh? huh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 9 2004, 05:13 AM)
I don't believe in divination.

Why not? You believe in the divine.

Might as well go all the way with it... tongue.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
Sweetheart, you are testing my patience on a baaad day... dry.gif

"Divination" is totally different from "the divine" meaning the "Almighty"...

From Web's New American Dictionary:

div-in-na-tion : the art or practice of using omens or magic powers to foretell the future

di-vine: of, relating to, or being God or a god

*closes dictionary shut, removes glasses*

I was first skeptical as to why there was a word "divination"--that which refers to fortune-telling and all that kooky crap--that had the beginning of "divine", aka "referring to God". Well, as a grammar student, I believe it lies in the fact that the future is known 100% only by God; those who do divination attempt to be like God and see the future... I dunno, ask Mommy-Quisty... she's the pro at explanations... I'm too pissed right now to care...

Why? Check my xanga: bling_bling_chic
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 9 2004, 05:25 AM)
Sweetheart, you are testing my patience on a baaad day... 

"Divination" is totally different from "the divine" meaning the "Almighty"...

From Web's New American Dictionary:

div-in-na-tion : the art or practice of using omens or magic powers to foretell the future

di-vine: of, relating to, or being God or a god

*closes dictionary shut, removes glasses*

I was first skeptical as to why there was a word "divination"--that which refers to fortune-telling and all that kooky crap--that had the beginning of "divine", aka "referring to God". Well, as a grammar student, I believe it lies in the fact that the future is known 100% only by God; those who do divination attempt to be like God and see the future... I dunno, ask Mommy-Quisty... she's the pro at explanations... I'm too pissed right now to care...

Why? Check my xanga: bling_bling_chic

Then explain the Book of Revelations... biggrin.gif
Quistis88
But Angel, I'm not as good as you claim I am at explaining things. biggrin.gif

Which is why I will be directing all people interested in the explanation to the following site: http://www.tarotcounseling.org/divine.html
Bling_bling_Angel
*near the point of breaking into tears*... sad.gif *deep breath*

The Book of Revelation, the last Chapter of the Bible, often referred to as the "Apocalypse" was a revelation--hence, the name--to the last of the original 12 Apostles of Lord Jesus. That Apostle was St. John the Evangelist, and all the foretold events in the Apocalypse were seen by him as was willed by God, so as to tell the generations to come of what would take place before Armaggedon and the Last Judgement...

Why do you have to be so mean to me on a day like this???
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 9 2004, 05:33 AM)
*near the point of breaking into tears*...  sad.gif *deep breath*

The Book of Revelation, the last Chapter of the Bible, often referred to as the "Apocalypse" was a revelation--hence, the name--to the last of the original 12 Apostles of Lord Jesus. That Apostle was St. John the Evangelist, and all the foretold events in the Apocalypse were seen by him as was willed by God, so as to tell the generations to come of what would take place before Armaggedon and the Last Judgement...

Why do you have to be so mean to me on a day like this???

Don't take it personally. I just enjoy being an iconoclast. And you make it very easy for me. biggrin.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
But the torture's coming from YOU... sad.gif and on a day like this!!! And my hips are killing me... *weeps*
Quistis88
*hugs Angel* You'll feel better soon, dear. sad.gif

By the way, how much do Ouija Boards cost? Not that I want to buy one, but just out of curiosity.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 9 2004, 05:39 AM)
But the torture's coming from YOU...  sad.gif and on a day like this!!! And my hips are killing me... *weeps*

Bring those hips over here. I'll help what ails 'em. biggrin.gif

Kidding! Kidding!
Quistis88
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 8 2004, 11:42 PM)
Bring those hips over here. I'll help what ails 'em.  biggrin.gif

Kidding! Kidding!

HAHA! laugh.gif Bacon, you're so . . . I can't find a word for it.
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 8 2004, 10:42 PM)
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 9 2004, 05:39 AM)
But the torture's coming from YOU...  sad.gif and on a day like this!!! And my hips are killing me... *weeps*

Bring those hips over here. I'll help what ails 'em. biggrin.gif

Kidding! Kidding!

Some other time... rolleyes.gif
Chain Alchemist
Bacon = shameless flirt tongue.gif

just kidding.

anyways, isn't revelations a vision of the future givin by God (or one of his angels) rather than a man using his own methods to seek out the future?
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(Chain Alchemist @ Dec 8 2004, 10:48 PM)
Bacon = shameless flirt tongue.gif

just kidding.

anyways, isn't revelations a vision of the future givin by God (or one of his angels) rather than a man using his own methods to seek out the future?

YESSSSSSSSSSSS! *touchdown pose* Here's someone who gets me and what I'm trynna say! WooT!

Yes, Chain Alchemist... you are CORRECT... *victory dance*
Chain Alchemist
did I win a million dollars? biggrin.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(Chain Alchemist @ Dec 8 2004, 10:55 PM)
did I win a million dollars? biggrin.gif

*halts in the middle of dance* Uhhh... *sheepish grin*... Sorry, no... *pats Chain A. on the back...*
Carnal Malefactor
Odd how you can suddenly hop up and start dancing when just moments ago you were complaining how much pain your hips were in, Ha-Chan. tongue.gif
Chain Alchemist
eh, no problemo. continue dancing. biggrin.gif

anyways, speaking of divination, have you ever seen korean shamans dancing on scythe blades?

IPB Image

that's right, that's a blade he's swinging on, with BARE FEET.

ugh, never mind, the picture's not showing up. go here instead: http://www.angelfire.com/wa2/cedarbough/shamans.html
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 8 2004, 11:02 PM)
Odd how you can suddenly hop up and start dancing when just moments ago you were complaining how much pain your hips were in, Ha-Chan.  tongue.gif

My point exactly... laugh.gif

dry.gif Good grief, I can't techincally "get up and dance", and you KNOW that... It's meant to be "metaphorical"... why are you trynna tick me off AGAIN?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 9 2004, 06:05 AM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 8 2004, 11:02 PM)
Odd how you can suddenly hop up and start dancing when just moments ago you were complaining how much pain your hips were in, Ha-Chan.  tongue.gif

My point exactly... laugh.gif

dry.gif Good grief, I can't techincally "get up and dance", and you KNOW that... It's meant to be "metaphorical"... why are you trynna tick me off AGAIN?

Always. biggrin.gif
Lady Battousai
Good point...bacon...but I'll shut up now...
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(Lady Battousai @ Dec 8 2004, 11:06 PM)

laugh.gif Well, now! I didn't expect that from my little sister!!!

dry.gif You exist to flirt and torment me, Bacon, do you not?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 9 2004, 06:07 AM)
QUOTE(Lady Battousai @ Dec 8 2004, 11:06 PM)

laugh.gif Well, now! I didn't expect that from my little sister!!!

dry.gif You exist to flirt and torment me, Bacon, do you not?

On this board, yes. cool.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
wink.gif And, pray tell, when will you cease to torment me?
Chain Alchemist
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 8 2004, 11:09 PM)

when the fat lady sings?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 9 2004, 06:09 AM)

When you stop being such an adorably easy target.

[taps Ha-chan's nose]
Quistis88
You people lead such . . . ambitious lives. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.