Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Detective Conan/ Case Closed
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3
linhdz
Detective Conan (名探偵コナン?, lit. Great Detective Conan, officially translated as Detective Conan) directed by Kenji Kodama and Yasuichiro Yamamoto and produced by Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation and TMS Entertainment. The anime premiered on January 8, 1996, and is aired on Nippon Television Network System and Animax in Japan.
(Source - Wiki)

Plot Summary: Kudo Shinichi is a seventeen year-old high school detective whom people call the "Modern Sherlock Holmes." However, one night after a date with his childhood sweetheart, Ran, Shinichi witnessed an illegal trade and, caught off his guard, was knocked unconscious and fed a drug that was supposed to kill him... but he woke up and found himself shrunken to a seven year-old. In order to track down the men who did this to him, Shinichi hid his identity and lived with Ran, whose father happened to be a hopeless detective, and with that came a series of murders and mysteries that he must solve.

Genres: action, adventure, comedy, drama, horror, mystery, thriller
Themes: cases, criminal, detective, police, secret identity
Episodes: 608 - ongoing
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

The English version was re-named Case Closed.

------------------------

There's a anime I watched when I was little it's called case closed it's about a boy who gets shriked by a secreat organization of drug dealers and the cool part is that the boy is a high school detective and it's fun watching how he solves cases if anybody else likes or knows about this cartoon you are welcomed to send a reply. biggrin.gif
Gashole
When you were little? I'm almost sure back then it was still called Meitantei Conan.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Gashole @ Dec 8 2004, 12:50 AM)
When you were little? I'm almost sure back then it was still called Meitantei Conan.

laugh.gif

Maybe he/she came of age all of 2 months ago...
Cloud28
its called Detective Conan, if u want the real experience watch the sub instead...the case closed dub suks
xrninja
yeah, i heard the dub was just plain awful. my friend was complaining about it, something about how they called him jimmy? i have all the manga in japanese in my trunk, in case i get trapped in my car and become bored (actually, no space on my bookshelf, plenty in my trunk).
Ed's_Girl
I like it too. though I've only seen 2 episodes.. whoops.. - -
Ed's_Girl
[IMAGE]file://C:\My%20Documents\My%20Pictures\Club_ID.jpg[image]
Sycia
oo It's got a nice backstory to it, but at the pace it's going, not one of the kids seem to be grow'in up any, and the main guy (or kid) doesn't seem to be getting ANY closer to getting his real size back (well, unless any of you have seen the latest manga chapter in Shonen Sunday, which does hint a little that things are picking up).

I'm kinda tired of being led around for years with the anime with no end in sight... And the whole group of characters seem ridiculously like jinxes to humans (some random person getting killed every few episodes with the main characters around). Don't criminals have the sense not to commit an act of murder around detectives...

Really want to see it wrapped up...
sevter
I've only seen till volume 47 and it doesn't seem like that it's gonna end anytime soon though it HAVE been picking up a bit and Conan got some leads to the Secret Organization.

One thing --- I absolutely HATE anyone referring Detective Conan as "Case Closed" They changed Shinichi's (Shin'ichi) name's to Jimmy *gag* and Ran to Rachel *double gag*. Dub it all you want but need you go and change the names also? *barely refraining from profanity*

The name was also misleading though. When I first saw "Case Closed" I really thought that DC has ended and it turned out that it was only the name of the dubbed American version.

~Sevter "no dubs for me" Maxwell~
Roy's Fire
This show is amzingly good! Those people at AS took it off though... *sigh* Eeh I can't complain though I adore Wolf's Rain. *sigh*
Cloud28
yeah i know..the entire changing name is so stupid...sleep.gif and conan has a really chessy voice too...grr
hagane_no_tokage
yeah, conan's voice may be cheesy, but that kid was the only one on the english vocal cast that actually seemed to put forth any effort whatsoever. ugh, i HATED the choice for ran/rachel *shudder* imagine my chagrin to hear roze with the exact same voice!!! XP *dies*
Cloud28
yeah lol..another is that Detective Conan was very popular in Japan, and theres acutally only one fansub group and they only have up to eps 64, i had to get all the eps from chinese sites..grrr
hagane_no_tokage
actually, i've got some sites with later eps... i'm sort of filling in the gaps between now... betwene my sister and i, we prolly have most of the series to date.
Cloud28
OoOO which site lol...Tell me!!
Gashole
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 28 2004, 03:22 PM)
but that kid was the only one on the english vocal cast that actually seemed to put forth any effort whatsoever. 

You mean it's a real kid and not an adult with a kid's voice?
Sesshy_Kurama_Bakura
QUOTE(linhdz @ Dec 7 2004, 05:47 PM)
There's a cartoon I watched...

...CARTOON?! ANIMÉ IS NOT A CARTOON! dry.gif

Anywho, I watched Meitantei Conan for a while. My favorite episode is when his parents pretended that they were the people that made him all shrimp-like.

I fairly liked Meitantei Conan because one of my best friends watched it too, and she wrote a fan fiction about Shinichi and Mouri and how it should have been!

...well, she didn't say that's how it should have been, but I like hers better than the actual anime.

~SKB

p.s.- Have I confused you with using their Japanese names? I have? Good.
sevter
QUOTE(Sesshy_Kurama_Bakura @ Dec 29 2004, 03:20 PM)
...CARTOON?! ANIMÉ IS NOT A CARTOON!  dry.gif

Anywho, I watched Meitantei Conan for a while. My favorite episode is when his parents pretended that they were the people that made him all shrimp-like.

I fairly liked Meitantei Conan because one of my best friends watched it too, and she wrote a fan fiction about Shinichi and Mouri and how it should have been!

...well, she didn't say that's how it should have been, but I like hers better than the actual anime.

~SKB

p.s.- Have I confused you with using their Japanese names? I have? Good.

Yay!!! *glomps* You're definitely my kind of person. Still, some of those Animes really can be classified as cartoons though (eg Digimon, Pokemon etc...). Those are Animes specifically aimed at Kids.

Shinichi and Ran you mean? Whenever anyone say "Mouri", I would automatically think of that incompetent Detective that Conan usually used to disguise himself.

I don't really have a fave scene since there's a lot of good scenes in DC. One of my favourite cases, however, would have to be when there's this popular singer who died after singing "Bloody Venus" and it turned out to be a case of misunderstanding. That is one sad case. Another would be Shinichi vs Kaitou Kid confrontation. Those are priceless.

PS: If you want decent DC fanfics, Becky Tailweaver's "Relative Truth" and Akane Krista's "Missing Detective" are a few of the best.
Cloud28
hmm quick question ..can u get detective conan eps 70+ in english subs?? all i have watched is in chinese subs which sometimes are confusing to me..(my chinese is not that good anymore...grr)
sevter
I have no idea where to find the subbed ones...you could try edogawaconan.com but you need membership to download those stuff they have. *sigh* I've been trying to get the membership for months...
rhoda_lin
Conan is just never going to end. The author just keeps on making new cases and Conan and Ran [arg. hate her English name] just never get together.
I'm in Taiwan and they play this everyday and the movies come out really fast but has anyone seen the latest movie about the airplane? [err. I'm kind of new to this but is that a spoiler??]
Sycia
QUOTE(rhoda_lin @ Jan 15 2005, 01:27 AM)
Conan is just never going to end. The author just keeps on making new cases and Conan and Ran [arg. hate her English name] just never get together.
I'm in Taiwan and they play this everyday and the movies come out really fast but has anyone seen the latest movie about the airplane? [err. I'm kind of new to this but is that a spoiler??]

Oh, that movie? I saw it in theaters last year. I thought it was one of the more entertaining movies among the... 8 they've made so far. Why? Conan VS Kaito Kid. :D :D :D This time, HEAD on. :D :D :D

The movies are just side stories. Nothing really important that'll affect the TV series happens in em. Still, this movie I thought was worth watching.
Kitty Cat
OKies info here:

9th movie cokming out this year april 2oth something and volume 48 manga is realesed in japan... while in HK here they havent tranlslated yet.

Detective Conan will most probably have up to 64 manga books of something

I totally love Detective Cona... its my fav anime but the thing is there is no storyline to it.. every eppie is a case so it ghets bpring after a while...

and I hate how Heiji's name is Harley in Case Closed. sounds soooo bad
Username05
Case closed is the bomd!!!
but there are some very predictable episodes...
Others blow me away though!!! biggrin.gif
Kitty Cat
most of the time you will know that conan will solve the case and stuff.. but i still like to guess whos the muderer!

I currently have only up to Shinichis first case on the airplane with Ran... that eppie ending was so funny!
ElementalAlchemist
It's Detective Conan.
Gashole
Meitantei Conan.

If you want to be picky, do it right. wink.gif
Stacys Slave
what happened now?
MasterKris
Meitantei Conan, Detective Conan, lets all be nice and use the names we like the most. I just got volumes of 35-44 and now my brain hurts from reading every one of them. Volume 42 is awsome!!! Lots if spoilers for those who haven't read them and it is a cool volume!!!!!!!

I heard DC only came up to about 58 volumes in Japan...

9TH MOVIE??!!!!!!
Whoa, they are getting out of hand...

THEY DUBBED HEJI'S NAME INTO HARLEY??!!!!!!!
THAT IS JUST IT!!!! FIRST THEY MESS WITH THE TITLE, NEXT SHINICHI'S NAME, THEN RAN'S, NOW HEJI??!!!! WHAT IS AI GOING TO BE?? AIBA OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT??!!!!! THOSE DUBBED FREAK GUYS!!! HOW CAN THEY MESS WITH DETECTIVE CONAN!!!!!!!!!
The RZA
Meitantei Conan a truly great manga that is worthy of praise
Zarpia
I hate that i don't get to see Conan any more, got to have to download the episodes (don't whant to buy the dvd's)
LightningAlchemist
Love this show but it got cut off hopefully it will be back with new episodes during the summer tongue.gif
MasterKris
not fond what FUNimation did to Detective Conan... mad.gif
Celestial Shadow
I can tell they REALLY over-edited this show...I don't know why, they didn't butcher FMA this way...

Does anyone know when any new ones will be coming on?
~FMAgurl~
It airs waay to late/early. I only saw it once.
Zarpia
I love the show, but i don't know when are they gonna put new ones, i hope soon..
I LOVE Meitantei Conan...and I hate FUNimation ><" They changed Ai's name to Anita ><"

@Celestial Fangirl: I dont think that they did this to FMA because...1st FMA isn't set in our world..and its also probably done by a different company than Meitantei Conan is
Ronaldo Rodregez
First of all, Animes are cartoons. Cartoons are animations, Anime is animation. The only difference is it's from Japan.
Secondly, at least calling it Dective Conan is a correct translation (It's only missing the word "Great"). I don't like people calling it Case Closed, but I'd leave "Detective" People alone. Unless you feel like going after everyone who doesn't call FMA "Hagaren."

And lastly, on topic, Dective Conan is a fantastic anime. I really should download more episodes, or at least a movie.
Celestial Shadow
Picky picky...Some people don't know that it's really called Detective Conan, or that Rachel is Ran and so on...

I don't understand why some people are so picky about little stuff like names sleep.gif
Aoko-chan
I LOVEEE Detective Conan ^^

By the way, the mangaka, Gosho Aoyama and Takayama Minami (seiyuu for Conan) are married ^^ one day after conan's birthday ^^
Zarpia
link to the manga please T_T
MasterKris
Link to manga??!! You're not suppose to post links for manga scans in this website's forums, so sorry. I have up to volume 48, and wanting volume 49. Here is a hint in what happens in volume 48,
[SPOILER]Three new men in black organization bad guys appear.[/SPOILER]

By the way, the mangaka, Gosho Aoyama and Takayama Minami (seiyuu for Conan) are married ^^ one day after conan's birthday ^^

IS THIS TRUE?? blink.gif

EDIT:Has anyone watched, Conan vs KID vs Yaiba???????
THE FIRST AND LAST 2 EPISODES WERE FUNNY SEEING CONAN TRANSFORM INTO SHINICHI AND JIMMY TRANSFORMS INTO CONAN
~FMAgurl~
I now have time to stay up and watch it. Yay! I love this show now biggrin.gif
shinishi kudo's girlfriend
I love case closed but i loved it when Shinichi kudo transformed in to a little 7 year old boy and the when he was walking and he said something like he can't fit in these pants anymore and he look at the window and he was surprised to see he was a little twerp again.then when he Ran(racheal) saw him with this old man i can't remember his name but he told him to hide and when racheal saw him hiding underneight the table she asked whats your name"conan"and looked up at a book and said"conan edogawa"and then when she saw his flipping throw a book go fast she said"jimmy'and he answered "Yes"and then it looked like he didn't want to make her know that he is jimmy and the part when he was talking to Ami,Mike and George and he said"Back when I was little"and then the looked at him strangely,and he was also not surprised to be in elementary school again.The good part was the last 2 episodes when a nother detective from a different area gave him something to drink and conan felt sick before and evern worse he was about to blow up and in no time racheal ran for the doctor and he disappeared from the room and went to solf the case sence the other detective solved it wrong and racheal was surprised to see him and he ran away when he heard racheal and the doctor coming and fell down the stairs and ran into the closet and racheal looked into the closet and there was conan seting in there on a chair,before he solved the case the other detective asked how did you the case when you weren't hear and he said "I got the TIPS from the boy in the glasses".The one thing that conan could have told the old guy and racheal that he was Shinichi/Jimmy's brother,and the episode "FISH MARKS THE SPOT",and the episode with the solo train,and the curvy road,the sad episode was the one that contanded Jessica Starr and Justin when he got poison when the lady from the band took his jacket and did something to it and when he was singing and throw his jacket off the got what was on the jacket and when he eat something he fell staight to the floor,and the part when rachel was felt sleepy,and when the man that killed jessica starr was holding racheal and conan was gonna attack him he pushed him "CRACK"conan's knee started to heard him,plus when conan was kidnapped and also when ami kissed him.
MasterKris
whoa...
what are you going whoa! about.
MasterKris
That was rude. dry.gif
I was only saying that cause that was a quite a speech of Detective Conan.
Rakka89
[FONT=Times][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple] I love Dective Connan but I i heard that no new episodes are going to be aired sad.gif i guess i'll have to buy or download
Celestial Shadow
Never, ever going to be aired?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.