Reposted to enable e-mail on reply.

This might be the wrong place to ask such a question opposing the masses, but I remember watching FMA when I was a teenager 10 years ago. I recently rewatched it all since I had missed some episodes and of course greatly enjoyed it. I then watched what was labeled as Blind Alchemist and found it immensely lacking, not even really a series in truth. I moved on to FMA Brotherhood since I heard so many things about how it's so much better.

I am 15 episodes in and find myself being very disappointed with it. I'm sure part of this stems from my bias of watching the original anime and not reading mangas. So many things have been changed to be completely different and it seems Brotherhood attempts to power through the storyline at any cost. I know Brotherhood sticks to the story of the manga better but I feel based on what I've seen so far, that the original FMA anime creates a much better storyline with much more connection to the characters. So far in Brotherhood, aside from feeling irritated with how so many plot devices have been changed, removed, mixed and matched, or straight up twisted from the original FMA anime; I find myself not caring about anything that happens to anyone. I acknowledge this is more of an untwisting since FMA anime would have twisted the manga's original storyline. I feel, however; that FMA rightfully twisted the manga's storyline because if Brotherhood is a fair representation of the manga, then the manga seems atrocious.

The animation does seem a bit better in Brotherhood, but I think that's more just a symbol of the time in which it was created and the technology available. Even so, Brotherhood wins in that department and as far as I can tell, that department alone. I try not to judge animes based on their style of animation since a wide range of different styles of animation is used in many great animes. I also find the soundtrack of Brotherhood to be somewhat lacking when compared to the original. I also feel that Brotherhood, partially due to its rushed telling, fails to convey just how serious of an anime this really is when you get right down to it.

So, I suppose, I have two questions. Am I alone in this and just have the weirdest preference among anime fans? And based on what you can tell about my overall impression so far, is it worth finishing the next 50 episodes of Brotherhood, or will it just be more of the same?