Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arakawa to adapt The Heroic Legend of Arslan novel series
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Discussions on Arakawa's Other Works > Arslan Senki (Heroic Legend of Arslan)
Michiyo-
I just found these news on ANN:
Arakawa will draw an adaptation of The Heroic Legend of Arslan (Arslan Senki) by Yoshiki Tanaka, starting on July 9 in the August issue of Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine.

I donít know the original novel, so Iíll read it if it gets scanlated. The protagonist looks like Ed with silver hair. smile.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Looks awesome! And I agree, he looks like Ed with silver hair. laugh.gif
Tombow
Thank you Michiyo-! Awesome news, and it looks great!!
So, I assume it will be a monthly series, like FMA, and the protagonist looks like a tall version of Ed with Silver hair. ... I like it already!! laugh.gif
I can't wait to read it! biggrin.gif
Michiyo-
Found some news regarding the manga:

Ad from the official site of Bessatsu Shounen Magazine:

The first chapter will be 52 pages long! smile.gif

A pic from the July issue of the mag:

And an article:
http://natalie.mu/comic/news/92277
Tombow
Thank you Michiyo-! The article said the first chapter will be a prologue, an prequel of sort, and it is original writing by Arakawa, and yes 52 pages long!
Can't wait to read it!! biggrin.gif
AA battery
*face palm* Arakawa is really a workaholic... She is now sitting on three series @___@
Michiyo-
Arslan Senki is on the cover of Bessatsu Shounen Magazine:

It looks great, can't wait to read the manga! ^^

Tombow
Thank you, Michiyo-! Wow, I get goosebumps. It has been long time since I last read Arakawa's "adventure" manga (except re-reading FMA xp), I can't wait to read this one!
thunderbreak
May I know what the series is about?Just coming back from few-years-long-manga drought smile.gif
Anomia Grey
It looks like it's a coming-of-age story about a young, kind but ultimately inexperienced prince caught up in an invasion of his home country. It's set in a fantasy version of Persia, so far there hasn't been any high fantasy stuff popping up, a lot of military drama topped with some interesting political and religious conflicts. For something that's supposedly an adaptation of someone else's novel, it actually matches up with some of the themes in FMA, which I was a bit surprised about.

I'm really enjoying it so far, especially as a history geek! There's a lot of love for medieval Middle Eastern history poured into it, both in the writing and in the visual details, like the embroidered robes and armour.
Anomia Grey
OKAY so it turns out that Arslan had already been adapted to manga (and an OVA!) once before:

Sooo yeah. A bit too hardcore shoujo for my taste, I'll probably stick to Arakawa's version xD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.