Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Are You Giving For Christmas...?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2
Bling_bling_Angel
As opposed to "I want this/I want that", what're you giving family and friends for Christmas?

Hopefully, this thread won't spout in another war--no, I'm not assuming that my topics are war-free--but, since it concerns giving rather than recieving, maybe everyone won't start warring with each other, right? Juss a thought...

It's funny... in my family, no matter what, I'm always the one who wraps the gifts... One Christmas, I had to wrap my own gifts... *cries*
Lady Battousai
Bling, we could also discuss this at the 'What U wanna get' thread but that would mean off topic...

So since I don't celebrate, I don't need to. But I'm going to give something to my maid. She is after all, a Christian. I'm sure she is going to be surprise.
Quistis88
I like giving things to people. It's so fun! biggrin.gif The names I spout off here are just my friends. Family relations will only be stated as such. And the presents are all wrapped and labelled already. biggrin.gif

Mother = A big, heavy book on indoor decorating, complete with many pictures of sample homes/getaways and blueprints. My mother loves looking at this stuff. smile.gif

Father = Picked out a nice dark blue tie for him. It's got little squares scattered all over it.

Brother = A Gundam. I can't remember what it's called, but it had the word "death" in it, so I'm pretty sure he'll like it.

Cousin = A smaller Gundam. Can't remember what this one's called either.

Spoiled Cousin = A miniature Pokémon plushie.

Aunt = A book called What Not to Wear. Since she is a very fashion-conscious person, I figured she might appreciate a little book that advises her on what clothes to wear/buy for what occasions and different body types.

Stephanie = One of those crystal things with these pictures etched inside, and a metal bookmark with a bunny on it.

Marcey = A FFX mousepad and a metal bookmark with a tiger on it.

Tasha = A picture frame with a little nurse on the border. She's going into nursing, so it reminded me of her. Also giving her a metal bookmark with a tiger.

Kevin = FFX's Tidus' necklace. He wears necklaces sometimes, so I figured he might like it. Also giving him a metal bookmark with the tiger.

Lee = Giving her a Blue Bear picture frame. It's a nice shade of blue.

Laura = My penpal from Australia. Gave her The Queen's Necklace and She's Come Undone, plus a custom FFX(-2) CD with all the vocal songs on it.

I still have about 5 people to buy things for now, come to think of it (as opposed to the assumed 3 hitherto). I'll get around to it some time. tongue.gif
Lady Battousai
Wow! A list huh...

Off topic:
Did I just talk to bacon in a rough way just now? I must be really pissed off to do that. Oh well, time to take a shower.
Gashole
People in our house don't exchange gifts at all. mellow.gif
Basically what's yours is mine. You buy something, share with the rest of us.
Izumimon
I'm broke, so I made gifts for some people. XP The theme this year seems to be custom hair accessories and christmas tree ornaments.

I got my boyfriend Megaman X8.

Got my ex (we are on excellent terms but I dunno how else to phrase what he is to me XP) the FMA anime artbook

My best friend, Zelda: Link to the Past (SNES version) and a Domo-kun plushie for her boyfriend.

Other best friend, a bracelet and an AquaPet.

SD Wing Zero toy for another friend.

Bart vs the Space Mutants (NES) for brother #1 (still shopping for Brother #2)

Got a fruit bowl thingy for my mom.

A fancy pen for one of my penpals, handmade Rockman.EXE christmas ornaments and Ed/Al/Roy zipper pulls for some others.

Bad drawings for other online friends, and handcrafted things for other real-life friends. smile.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
Here's my list:

Dad - paisley necktie

Meg [my lil sis] - My Little Pony and Tea Set rolleyes.gif

Mom - Little Twin Stars Tumbler set
Kihaku
Argh! I actually have to go shopping again! Oh no....
Hmmm..
Mum: nothing, but if I get hit by a poem, I'll write her one(it will anyway end up somehwere buried with all the others)
Dad: Chocolate...Anything else ends up buried somewhere
Lil Bro: Whatever he wants. Sweets and chocolate included.
Grandma: Something...don't know yet.
Friends: Whatever I find when I'm shopping... probably books like last year besides for my friend, who doesn't read.
FullMetal Edward
hmm lesse....

lil sister: makeup (she lives for that stuff >>;)

mom: i dunno

dad: dunno

my friend: well he really wants this Yu-Gi-Oh card I have biggrin.gif
Fullmetal Elric
hmm

mom: Picture frame or some kind of candle thing or maybe some nice wine
dad: .................dad.....hmmmm
sister: art supplies
blair: i don't really know but something special wink.gif
rachel: lots of chocolate
shroom: manga
campy: best buy gift card
jen: lost of chocolate:
jim: best buy gift card
jeff: best buy gift card
jon: best buy gift card
springer: best buy gift card
justin: best buy gift card
ben: food
jorie: disney stuff
brittany: all my anime on my comp
Q: guitar scores
then for everyone: lots of candy canes!!!! biggrin.gif
Blade42
I don't know if I'm giving anyone anything, no one seems to care. Sure, I might draw someone a picture, but I don't think I'm giving anything big...maybe a book or something. I'm not gonna get anything for my brother, the loser isn't even going to be there. What great holiday spirit, over in California.
Cloud28
not really buying so much gift for ppl this year, lol

DAD: Getting him a bestbuy giftcard or a new hard drive..
MOM: The Dr.Phill Diet book, forgot wat it was called
Blade42
You're giving your mom a diet book....and giving your dad a hard drive or something like that. Thanks for the ideas.
Cloud28
Np(not a problem) laugh.gif
Blade42
I'm not that stupid, I know what np means. biggrin.gif
Cloud28
sry didn't mean to offend u, sad.gif
Blade42
No, you didn't but, I actually didn't know what that meant two days ago, when I'm always on the computer, I get brainwashed...
Carnal Malefactor
A child's laughter.

I'm too fucking poor to give anything else.
Cloud28
lol, laugh.gif don't worry i get the same feeling all the time(lately i get tempory memories loses too)
Blade42
...I've always had temporary memory loss...kinda...
Cloud28
for example, i can't even remmber what happened this morning before i went to school , laugh.gif
Blade42
I know exactly what you mean, when I go downstairs to get something, sometimes I forget what I went down to get...and then start walking in circles. Then my mom asks me what I'm doing...and then I have to tell her I forgot... So, I go back up, I remember what I was getting, then the whole thing happens all over again.
Ninie
Well, I can't say what I'll give for my best friends (I think they may be lurking around here... ph34r.gif ), but I know I'll buy a CD for my brother, a collection doll or something like that for my sister, I don't know about my father, and my mother never likes what I give her (she tells me she likes it, but I never see it gain after) I'll probably buy her something related to cooking, or a book...
Quistis88
Books are always a nice gift. biggrin.gif Educational, and makes a person look smarter.
xrninja
yeah, my friends know to just give me barnes and noble gift cards for christmas (it's a huge chain book store, like the one in the movie "you've got mail") so i can buy whatever books and manga i want biggrin.gif hear that, penguin?

my friend and i are making t-shirts for our friends for christmas, and i'm going to make gingerbread cookies as usual if time permits. but yeah, iron-on transfer sheets and hane's t-shirts are awesome cool.gif
Lady Battousai
Tis' the season to be jolly...

sleep.gif...everyone is giving presents...I feel like I'm so left out...*sigh*
Ninie
I asked for a gift card in a library for christmas, too. happy.gif
Blade42
My brother gave me a book last year, and I actually read it.
Quistis88
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 7 2004, 09:46 PM)
yeah, my friends know to just give me barnes and noble gift cards for christmas (it's a huge chain book store, like the one in the movie "you've got mail") so i can buy whatever books and manga i want biggrin.gif hear that, penguin?

Your friends are so considerate! ohmy.gif All my friends know about my book-loving side and they have NEVER given me a gift card at a bookstore! *feels unloved* It's not that I want them to give me things, but just . . . if I'm going to get something from someone, I'd want it to be something practical.
xrninja
well, i still get a lot more cookies and homemade candles and stuff for christmas than giftcards, though. some of the cookies are so much better than a b&n gift card....one of my best friends makes the BEST christmas cookies ever. her cookies are practically the only thing i look forward to during christmas, and i've been friends with her since 2nd grade so her mom always packs me a ton tongue.gif
Quistis88
I don't think I've ever had Christmas cookies. I . . . I feel so deprived. ;___;
dreamcatcher_alchemist
lets see, lol.

younger sister - red / blue fire/ems light. So that if she ever goes on a call she can run a light and make people let her by. That and she's just anted one forever. Also a few puzzles. 500 pieces each... that oughta last her an hour a puzzle. ^^

twinling A book that she has wanted forever and we found today. Yes, she knows what she's getting, but then she showed me my gift as well. But we both have to wait until christmas day to get them.

mom candles with a snowman top, and some choc. covered cherries.

roommate / best friend Sarwars DVD

not to mention a crapload of chrstmas cards and other random small gifts, plus one secret santa gift. Its expensive when you buy for over 13 people in the immediate family alone plus friends ^^; but its so fun to see their faces light up.
xrninja
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 7 2004, 08:56 PM)
I don't think I've ever had Christmas cookies.  I . . . I feel so deprived.  ;___;

what! dang, if you didn't mind them being potentially stale and stuff, i'd totally mail some over to canada for you. you deserve christmas cookies, i should have a little "talk" with your friends and acquaintances ph34r.gif
dreamcatcher_alchemist
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 8 2004, 03:56 AM)
I don't think I've ever had Christmas cookies.  I . . . I feel so deprived.  ;___;

blink.gif truely? you've never had them? Gah! Now I want to send you some. ^^; Though I'm not sure they'd survive the trip...
Quistis88
That's okay! I appreciate cookies of all kinds. biggrin.gif Must try Christmas cookies now. What are they like?

I haven't done a great deal of things. I feel so sheltered. tongue.gif I haven't climbed a tree, and until about a year ago, I've never had pie. And I've never seen Disney's "Dumbo" or "Bambi". biggrin.gif
hitokiri
i give the best christmas present of all time..... cash. my excuse? i'm chinese and that cash really is the best present ever. my real reason, i have no desire to tackle a grandmother of five for the last pair of cashmere gloves in a department store. the only exception to this rule is gf or children. for girlfriends i give cash to their best friend, with the excuse "you want her to be happy don't you?". yeah i know i'm a bastard. but its better that she gets what she wants rather than us arguing about how thoughtless/clueless i am. children get taken to the department store pre-thankgiving and pick out what they want for xmas, and get it then. i know it kinda ruins it but that what my folk did for me, and i loved it (i got everything i wanted, plus 2 months early)
xrninja
Must try Christmas cookies now. What are they like?

generally sugar cookies or gingerbread cookies of some sort, cut with christmassy cookie cutters and decorated. one of my friends likes to make star shaped cookies, where the cookie is just the border and there's a star-shaped hole in the middle, and melt a lifesaver or jolly rancher in the middle while it bakes, so it's sort of a stained-glass cookie. people get creative tongue.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
*moans in pain* Good God, I feel like I've juss been clobbered in the abs... It's my "time of the month" and I'm contemplating on slitting my throat to end my pain...

Uhhh... I shop ALOT for myself, and I had to abstain from shopping for about 2 months to afford the stuff for family and friends... ^u^
Carnal Malefactor
Why do I suddenly feel prescient? huh.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 7 2004, 10:29 PM)
generally sugar cookies or gingerbread cookies of some sort, cut with christmassy cookie cutters and decorated. one of my friends likes to make star shaped cookies, where the cookie is just the border and there's a star-shaped hole in the middle, and melt a lifesaver or jolly rancher in the middle while it bakes, so it's sort of a stained-glass cookie. people get creative tongue.gif

It all sounds so delicious and beautiful. smile.gif

*moans in pain* Good God, I feel like I've juss been clobbered in the abs... It's my "time of the month" and I'm contemplating on slitting my throat to end my pain...

Don't do it! Suicide is not the answer. sad.gif

Why do I suddenly feel prescient?  huh.gif

If that's your response to Angel's post . . . did you even have to ask? tongue.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
Mommy... I was juss kiddin'... rolleyes.gif I'm not "that" weak... I'm alot tougher than I look...

And, Mommy... *blushes* What does "prescient" mean? I've never heard that word before, unfortunately... unsure.gif
dreamcatcher_alchemist
pizzelles (sp?) are also a big christmas cookie. They're thin wafer like cookies that look like snowflakes and are either made with anise seed or vanilla. the anise seed ones taste like black licorace. they're wonderful. We give out bundles of them as gifts sometimes.
Quistis88
Prescient = Having prescience
Prescience = In a word, foresight

pizzelles (sp?) are also a big christmas cookie. They're thin wafer like cookies that look like snowflakes and are either made with anise seed or vanilla. the anise seed ones taste like black licorace. they're wonderful. We give out bundles of them as gifts sometimes.

*gasps* I love wafers! That sounds so tasty! ohmy.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 8 2004, 04:48 AM)

Uhhh... I shop ALOT for myself, and I had to abstain from shopping for about 2 months to afford the stuff for family and friends... ^u^

viciden, if that doesn't work go to oxycodon. if that doesnt work, go directly to iv drip. else you're SOL. oh incidentally if you have a stoner friend, he can help. its one of the oldest known treatments for menstrual cramps.
dreamcatcher_alchemist
they are really good. ^^ I should send you some when we make them. their a holiday tradition.
xrninja
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Dec 7 2004, 10:17 PM)
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 8 2004, 04:48 AM)

viciden, if that doesn't work go to oxycodon. if that doesnt work, go directly to iv drip. else you're SOL. oh incidentally if you have a stoner friend, he can help. its one of the oldest known treatments for menstrual cramps.

vicodin? that's pretty extreme; plus it makes you really nauseous. i've only used it twice, and that was the day i got all four of my wisdom teeth removed in august and the day after (something i NEVER want to go through again, even though i got a lot of jello). the pain died down a teensy bit after those two days so i just went back to normal painkillers; i didn't want the nausea on top of the pain XP
Quistis88
QUOTE(dreamcatcher_alchemist @ Dec 7 2004, 11:19 PM)
they are really good. ^^ I should send you some when we make them. their a holiday tradition.

Wow. biggrin.gif Thank you, though, even if you can't. smile.gif
hitokiri
ok codine (at tylenol 3 levels or higher) then. i just went directly to vics cause thats what i use for pain, but then again i've always had an extremely high tolerance to painkillers.
Bling_bling_Angel
I'll give everyone mistletoe... laugh.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 8 2004, 05:51 AM)
I'll give everyone mistletoe...  laugh.gif

cool, can i have some?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.