Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA:B on IMDB.com
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Merlyn LeRoy
The Internet Movie Database at imdb.com has a default list of "best TV series" under the TV menu, which is a list of TV series, sorted by user ranking, with at least 5,000 votes. Since FMA:B recently crossed 5,000 votes, it's now on the list at #11 with a 9.2 average. It's also the highest-ranked anime series on this list (Bebop is #15, Airbender is #19, DN is #26). FMA (2003) is #47 with an 8.8 average.
JPPCouto
thanks for the information Merlyn LeRoy. FMA Brotherhood is really a masterpiece.
i only don't understand why "the last airbender" and "the legend of korra" have ratings so high. in opinion, these show aren't that good and beyond that they have some moments that copy from others animes
Pride the Arrogant
FMAB as top anime and on top TV series list? *shoots fireworks*

My faith in IMBD has been restored (sorta). biggrin.gif

Although, Airbender and Korra aren't "anime" so much as "anime-inspired". That's a common misconception. I'm not going to comment on whether or not they deserve they're high ratings, since I rather like them (though, I don't think Airbender is better than DN dry.gif).

Anyways, FMA:B is without a doubt a masterpiece and its placement is well-deserved. The very fact that IMBD actually placed it so high goes to show that it appeals to more than just anime fans.

EDIT: I just looked at the list and saw that The Legend of Korra is placed #6 on the list. Oh, come on! It's a good show (definitely an improvement over Airbender), but I wouldn't say it's better than FMAB. I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact it has more publicity. Oh well. As I said, Korra's technically not anime, so FMAB is still the highest ranked anime. tongue.gif
Tombow
^ LOL, Pride the Arrogant, I like the way you think. XDD

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Merlyn LeRoy! Nice to see FMA:B getting nice placement! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.