Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have the guides if anyone can translate japanense!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Operation "FMA Info Shrine" > FMA Anime-1 info
tansyuduri
I'd love to know what the guides say! I cant read Japanese though
Kiniro usagi
I know who can traslate japanise text, if you want it, I can give de your guidelines to that girl. She traslated speak lines from the game The prince of the dawn and she did a really great job.
BlackCarson
It would be wonderful! But first talk to admins: in this site there are people who are already translating, from what I get, it'd be a waste of time if they and your friend end up translating the same pages wink.gif
Tombow
^ Thank you for the good advice, BlackCarson! biggrin.gif

Tansyuduri and Kiniro usagi, thank you for your kind offers. ^^ Tansyuduri, could you tell us which guidebooks you got? Are they Fullmetal Alchemist Perfect Guides (1 & 2)? ...if so, I think, indeed efforts were made to translate the contents by English/Japanese speaking FMA fans among us after the first FMA guidebook came out in Japan in 2003, and the second one in 2005, although off-hand I can't find the posts with these fan-made translations now. Since then, English versions of these guidebooks, called Fullmetal Alchemist Profiles have been published, and hence now we go by these official English translations from FMA Profiles books for the reference, as needed. But, if Kiniro usagi's friend can personally help out, that would be very kind of her. ^^

Edit: Thanks to our awesome Mod, A Pierrot's Aria, she found the post with links to some of the translations for FMA Perfect Guide (1 & 2). Please check out links for FMA Perfect Guide, and FMA Perfect Guide 2. smile.gif
tansyuduri
QUOTE (Tombow @ May 3 2012, 09:48 AM) *
^ Thank you for the good advice, BlackCarson! biggrin.gif

Tansyuduri and Kiniro usagi, thank you for your kind offers. ^^ Tansyuduri, could you tell us which guidebooks you got? Are they Fullmetal Alchemist Perfect Guides (1 & 2)? ...if so, I think, indeed efforts were made to translate the contents by English/Japanese speaking FMA fans among us after the first FMA guidebook came out in Japan in 2003, and the second one in 2005, although off-hand I can't find the posts with these fan-made translations now. Since then, English versions of these guidebooks, called Fullmetal Alchemist Profiles have been published, and hence now we go by these official English translations from FMA Profiles books for the reference, as needed. But, if Kiniro usagi's friend can personally help out, that would be very kind of her. ^^

Edit: Thanks to our awesome Mod, A Pierrot's Aria, she found the post with links to some of the translations for FMA Perfect Guide (1 & 2). Please check out links for FMA Perfect Guide, and FMA Perfect Guide 2. smile.gif

Um no, they are all for the first anime. I have both Fullmetal Alchemist "Complete Book"s story and marital sides. and the shamballa "Absolute Cinema Guide".

ETA:
QUOTE (Kiniro usagi @ Apr 24 2012, 04:07 PM) *
I know who can traslate japanise text, if you want it, I can give de your guidelines to that girl. She traslated speak lines from the game The prince of the dawn and she did a really great job.

Oh great! I'll start scanning!

<Merged posts. smile.gif - Board Mod>
Tombow
QUOTE (tansyuduri @ May 10 2012, 08:51 AM) *
.... they are all for the first anime. I have both Fullmetal Alchemist "Complete Book"s story and marital sides. and the shamballa "Absolute Cinema Guide".

Aha, got it. These three, right? biggrin.gif

Fullmetal Alchemist Anime: Complete Story Side

Fullmetal Alchemist Anime: Complete Material Side

Fullmetal Alchemist "Conqueror of Shambala" Movie Absolute Cinema Guide

I'm going to open threads for these, and if you can kindly post the scans on these threads, and then Kiniro usagi can kindly post the translations, when kindly done by Japanese speaking friend, so that we can share them with other FMA fans, that would be nice. ^^
Please post scans and translations on these threads, and then we (mods) can help out in organizing scans and translations in order later?

Note: The board is currently having some probelms with "uploading images to our board" function, and therefore please kindly use third-party image hosting site such as Photobucket, and post the scanned images that way. If you have any questions on how to post images this way in our forums, please PM our mod for assistance and we'll be happy to help with questions ^^

*going off to create threads*
Please kindly post scans and translations on these threads. biggrin.gif

FMA Anime-1 "Complete Story Side" guidebook

FMA Anime-1 "Complete Material Side" guidebook

FMA Shambara movie Absolute Ciname Guide
tansyuduri
QUOTE (Tombow @ May 10 2012, 09:57 AM) *
QUOTE (tansyuduri @ May 10 2012, 08:51 AM) *
.... they are all for the first anime. I have both Fullmetal Alchemist "Complete Book"s story and marital sides. and the shamballa "Absolute Cinema Guide".

Aha, got it. These three, right? biggrin.gif

Fullmetal Alchemist Anime: Complete Story Side

Fullmetal Alchemist Anime: Complete Material Side

Fullmetal Alchemist "Conqueror of Shambala" Movie Absolute Cinema Guide

I'm going to open threads for these, and if you can kindly post the scans on these threads, and then Kiniro usagi can kindly post the translations, when kindly done by Japanese speaking friend, so that we can share it with other FMA fans, that would be nice. ^^
Please post scans and translations on these threads, and then we (mods) can help out in organizing scans and translations in order later?

Note: The board is currently having some probelms with "uploading images to our board" function, and therefore please kindly use third-party image hosting site such as Photobucket, and post the scanned images that way. If you have any questions on how to post images this way in our forums, please PM our mod for assistance and we'll be happy to help with questions ^^

*going off to create threads*
Please kindly post scans and translations on these threads. biggrin.gif

FMA Anime-1 "Complete Story Side" guidebook

FMA Anime-1 "Complete Material Side" guidebook

FMA Shambara movie Absolute Ciname Guide

quick question should I post them in order since there are so many pages or pick and chose?
Tombow
^ Preferably, "in order" would be nice, but please use your discretion. ^^
And, by the way, our forum has a limit on how many images members can include on each post, so if you get to the limit on one post, please feel free to make new posts and continue (in this case, it's all right to make consecutive posts. smile.gif )

Thank you! biggrin.gif
tansyuduri
QUOTE (Tombow @ May 10 2012, 02:20 PM) *
^ Preferably, "in order" would be nice, but please use your discretion. ^^
And, by the way, our forum has a limit on how many images members can include on each post, so if you get to the limit on one post, please feel free to make new posts and continue (in this case, it's all right to make consecutive posts. smile.gif )

Thank you! biggrin.gif

kay! I started posting I'll be adding more too
Tombow
^ Thank you! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.