Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would you consider the Ouroboros symbol/Tattoo to be Satanic?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
LLCoolKris
Hey there FMA fans. I ask this because I am looking to get the Ouroboros tattoo on my body. And I'm not saying this because I think the show is evil or has some other agenda or anything. I believe in God(some may, some may not but that's not the point) so I wouldn't want to necessarily get a 'satanic' tattoo.

Can someone explain to me in detail what the symbol fully means. As I do know some of it but I was hoping to find a deeper explanation than what google could offer me. Thanks in advance.
Moe Jonesy
QUOTE (LLCoolKris @ Feb 20 2012, 10:21 AM) *
Hey there FMA fans. I ask this because I am looking to get the Ouroboros tattoo on my body. And I'm not saying this because I think the show is evil or has some other agenda or anything. I believe in God(some may, some may not but that's not the point) so I wouldn't want to necessarily get a 'satanic' tattoo.

Can someone explain to me in detail what the symbol fully means. As I do know some of it but I was hoping to find a deeper explanation than what google could offer me. Thanks in advance.

As a person who has the Ouroboros tattoo on his back. I think it completely depends on the reason you are getting it. The Ouroboros has many definitions. My personal favorite is that it's a being that is achieving perfection. Every time it eats itself it grows back stronger.

just Wiki Ouroboros though
AlanSchezar
I believe that traditionally the Oroboros has been viewed as symbolic of eternity. It has no beginning and no end. It could perhaps also be viewed as symbolic of the cyclical nature of death and rebirth, as some see it.

It has been associated with the practice of Alchemy in the past IRL. YMMV whether you consider the actual practices of alchemy historically to have been satanic. If you view the practice of alchemy as satanic in nature then the Oroboros would be indirectly satanic in nature. If not, then I would say there's nothing necessarily satanic about it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.