Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Too Pricey Or Worth It?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Sin_Is_Eternal
Okay, so the local F.Y.E. store has all parts to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. They're 50 dollars a piece. That means to get every piece, you're out $250. Is this too pricey, or is it worth it? You decide.
A Pierrot's Aria
$50!? You can get them cheaper online. laugh.gif I live in England, but I still got my copies from Amazon.com (as opposed to getting the region 2 version)--the combined price of the DVD and shipping to the UK was way cheaper than $50. On Amazon.com, the sets are around $25 each, so assuming you're in the US, you're easily getting them for half the price F.Y.E sells them for (it helps that you'd be eligible for free delivery).

Your local F.Y.E store sounds like a total rip off. xD

ETA: You'll be able to find out a little bit more about the sets in this thread (albeit the prices probably need updating by now). And this thread will be merged with that one later.
Tombow
@Sin_Is_Eternal - That sounds a bit pricy to me, although if you do not mind it for the sake of conveniences that's up to you.
If you're in the U.S., and if you don't mind "no frills" version (i.e. no bonus gifts, etc), another alternative is that you can get a good value on FMA:Brotherhood DVDs at Walmart. I think, if the Walmart store near you does not have the volume you're looking for, you can order it at Walmart on-line, and then pic it up at the Walmart store near you, but please double check on this with the store near you. smile.gif
His Name is Unknown
QUOTE (Sin_Is_Eternal @ Feb 1 2012, 12:13 PM) *
Okay, so the local F.Y.E. store has all parts to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. They're 50 dollars a piece. That means to get every piece, you're out $250. Is this too pricey, or is it worth it? You decide.

As others have mentioned, that's definitely on the pricey side. If you did decide to purchase from F.Y.E., I'd store shop a bit, as your local branch sounds to be selling merchandise at a signficantly increased price. My F.Y.E. has Brotherhood sets for around 35.00 used and in good condition.

If you do decide to buy from them, I'd wait until your birthday and/or check to see if your store is running any promotions on their F.Y.E. Access Pass. I used this strategy to snag a nice BoogiePop Phantom DVD box set for less than 30 dollars by stacking benefits - the pass gives you 10% off used items and an additional percent discount on your birthday. At the time, it was also free for the first month. If I were you, I'd go for the free month trial the day of purchase, buy in bulk to maximize your discount, and then cancel at the end of the trial period.

Otherwise, just get it online. Less hassle and, in all likelihood, cheaper. smile.gif
Pride the Arrogant
I'd wait for the complete box set (has to come sooner or later), which is what I'm doing now. But if you don't have the patience, I'd look elsewhere. FYE's DVDs tend to be overpriced. And the DVDs are a lot cheaper on Amazon (from some sellers). It always pays to shop a around. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.