Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tokage's Fanart!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Pages: 1, 2
hagane_no_tokage
i asked quis to merge my fanart threads so i could keep everything together. XD thanks quis!

{{this reads right to left}}

IPB Image

heh, this came to me and i just HAD to draw it... did the sketch in about half an hour... i'll get to inking and possibly coloring it sometime soon, but for now, it was too funny to just sit on till then. i know there are some things that need work, but those will get cleaned up for the final image. heh, enjoy. i know i still am. i love the pissy chibi roy, he's too cute! XD sorry the image is grainy...my digicamera is...old. ;p

ps: and the pencil is kind of light at the top... in case you can't quite see it, the text is as follows:

kickass boots that add 2" to your overall height: $45
bribing your little brother to stash a glass of milk inside his empty armor body so you don't have to drink it: $10
pummelling anyone and everyone who takes a shot at your size: $0

having more fangirls than your tall dark and handsome commanding officer despite your stature... PRICELESS. happy.gif

heh, that was fun.
Quistis88
I love this! Wonderful! Very creative! biggrin.gif
hagane_no_tokage
it just dawned on me that...well, do they have those mastercard commercials in other countries? i would imagine there are members here who don't live in the states...will they get the joke or are they just going blink.gif blink.gif o_- hm...

oh well. pissy chibi roy is still adorable. biggrin.gif
dreamcatcher_alchemist
I love the fuming chibi roy. This was a cute idea! I can't wait to see it inked. ^^
dragonflame327
OMG! LMAO. Great job. You're right, chibi Roy is cute!! Lol. Bribing your little brother to stash a glass of milk. $10.
hagane_no_tokage
does anyone know if there is any...conversion table or anything for the "cens" currency used in FMA? cens to yen, perhaps? just to be more accurate to the series, i think it would be better to have the phrases done in "cens" instead of dollars, but i'm not sure what to convert from... or maybe i'm just thinking too hard and arakawa-sensei isn't that anal... ~_~
dragonflame327
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe yen is the equivalent of a dollar and cens are cents.
Tasuki The Gryphon
Lol....That is funny. Ed must go to gas stations alot because nowadays gas is costing an arm and a leg....Sry my step brother wanted me to put that. Its pretty funny.
hagane_no_tokage
rolleyes.gif okay, that's your lame joke allotment for today, you can't tell any more for 24 hours... glad you enjoyed the picture tho... heh heh...arm and a leg...

QUOTE(dragonflame327 @ Nov 30 2004, 06:30 PM)
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe yen is the equivalent of a dollar and cens are cents.

hmm...i don't really know, but i kind of don't think so... sig was quoting prices for meat around 250some cens...and meat doens't usually cost 2.50/lb unless it's like...meat from three days ago... plus the gang was betting what was it, 10,000cens on havoc getting rejected by armstrong's sister? i dunno about you, but i don't usually bet a hundred bucks on my poor lovesick friends getting hooked up with or dumped by coworkers' relatives... 20, sure, but 100 is a little overboard...

i'm not trying to be a wiseass, i'm just saying, it's a good guess, but i don't think it's accurate...

i know the converstion from yen to us dollars is about a hundred yen to a dollar ish... but i don't even know that cens are defined as having a specific value... just a shot in the dark, it was... happy.gif;;
hagane_no_tokage
IPB Image
shake it sistah!

i have just been itching to draw some riza fanart, so i thought i'd start with a slightly out of character pose. she's got beautiful hair, she should wear it down more often. roy wouldn't know what to do with himself... biggrin.gif

i love Hawkeye, she's great. she's just...like such an awesome female character. she's strong, she's sexy, she's smart and independant... not to mention she's got a damn hot boy toy at her disposal.

i tried to draw a chibi roy with a nosebleed behind her, but it didn't come out right... maybe when i ink and color it i can squeeze him in...but right now i think riza stands pretty well on her own. happy.gif thoughts? i know her arms are a little too skinny, i'll fix that when i clean it up and color it.
DarkWater Alchemist
ohmy.gif I like your style! Really beautiful ! I think Roy would have gone too a 'nosebleed-mode' biggrin.gif
DarkWater Alchemist
I might not get the joke, but it's still funny - and cute - aah poor Roy tongue.gif
hagane_no_tokage
thank you! happy.gif i was pretty pleased with this one... i got the pose from a similar one in my peach girl artbook... i love ueda miwa's work, she has such a fantastic grasp of the human body... *is jealous* well, something to work toward. i think i should have this piece colored in a couple days. happy.gif

on a completely different note, i can't wait till otakon 2005 when my sister and i are cosplaying as riza and winry!!!! XD
dragonflame327
Actually, in looking for art by Ayami Kojima (look her name up on google, great work), I found a site, and doing the math, it seems $1 equals 100 yen. Since it said you could probably find it for 1500 yen, or $15 US. And Japan's a 1st world country...wtf?
dragonflame327
Wow. I like.^^ Nice job on the pose. It's not the easiest one to draw. Hmm...I see what you mean about her arms being too thin, since she's in the military and all. I agreee!! She needs to let her hair down more. God knows I'd be in nose-bleed-mode, yet afraid to hug her in case she repeated the Black Hayate incident.
Hmm...is Japanese your first or second language?
Hex-Sama
@Tokage: Wowwie ohmy.gif , that's good! The shading and everything cool.gif ! *claps* You did an awesome job! biggrin.gif Your so detailed, honestly I don't think her arms look skinny, like you said. I think they look just fine. As for Roy... You should make two different versions for the heck of it. One with Roy and one without. Its a win-win situation! laugh.gif
Hex-Sama
@Tokage: *rotflmao* Oh my goodness! laugh.gif I'm telling all my friends about this one, cause's it's freakin' halirious biggrin.gif . I love the last comment. The priceless line is always funny. Your so good at drawing, you should make your own doujinshi. Please think about it, thank you. smile.gif
Izumimon
tokage - Ooooh very nice!! I just love the pose and I must say you are excellent at drawing the folds of clothing. o.o I'm quite bad at that. ^^;;

I'll be cosplaying Hawkeye at Otakon as well. biggrin.gif Hope to see you there! ^^
hagane_no_tokage
@izumimon: hontou ka? wow, we should make plans to meet up somewhere and be the riza twins! XD

@hex: maybe i'll do that... below is posted the "without" version...since i still can't get the chibi nosebleed roy to look right... dammit roy, work with me here! :\

@dragonflame: second, i guess you could say...tho i can't honestly claim to be fluent in it. conversational is about accurate. english is my native tongue, but i've been teaching myself japanese for about 4 years now... unfortunately my work schedule has not allowed me the time to take official classes, but i think i have done pretty decent on my own. been to tokyo several times and i get along just fine with what i know. made some friends there, too. happy.gif it's more fun to teach yourself, IMHO... what could be more fun that actually learning something from all the anime i watch and manga i read, huh? ~_^

okay, here's a little colored version of riza:

IPB Image

enjoy! biggrin.gif ugh, i hate my katakana handwriting... my hiragana is much better, but all the names from hagaren are done in katakana. *shakes fist* i will try and upload a [larger] brighter [better] version of this image soon... like when i can take the photo in uh..daylight... but since i work the nightshift i don't get home from work until well after sunset. curse you odd job hours! *shakes fists again*
RolfKaese
pretty good, want too see more of it ^^
Izumimon
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 4 2004, 01:19 AM)
@izumimon: hontou ka? wow, we should make plans to meet up somewhere and be the riza twins!  XD

@hex: maybe i'll do that...  below is posted the "without" version...since i still can't get the chibi nosebleed roy to look right...  dammit roy, work with me here!  :\

@dragonflame: second, i guess you could say...tho i can't honestly claim to be fluent in it.  conversational is about accurate.  english is my native tongue, but i've been teaching myself japanese for about 4 years now...  unfortunately my work schedule has not allowed me the time to take official classes, but i think i have done pretty decent on my own.  been to tokyo several times and i get along just fine with what i know.  made some friends there, too.  happy.gif  it's more fun to teach yourself, IMHO...  what could be more fun that actually learning something from all the anime i watch and manga i read, huh?  ~_^

okay, here's a little colored version of riza:

IPB Image

enjoy!  biggrin.gif  ugh, i hate my katakana handwriting...  my hiragana is much better, but all the names from hagaren are done in katakana.  *shakes fist*  i will try and upload a [larger] brighter [better] version of this image soon...  like when i can take the photo in uh..daylight...  but since i work the nightshift i don't get home from work until well after sunset.  curse you odd job hours!  *shakes fists again*

Wow, very nice (again!). Is it colored with prismacolor markers perchance?

About Otakon - sure thing! I'm actually going with another friend who's ALSO being Hawkeye, lol. Seems we'll have a trend. XD

Were you there last year? I wasn't a Hagaren cosplayer, though I did see the Saturday morning photo shoot. So many Eds in one place. @_@
Akaina
Very good! I love her expression too, and the Roy would have fit in perfectly XD
Yeah, what do you use to color? I've been looking for Trias markers because they rock, but haven't been able to find any *wimpers*
Yay for cosplay! Post a picture when you're done or sometin, I've never seen someone cosplay someone other than Ed!
hagane_no_tokage
@Izumimon: it's prisma pencils, actually. happy.gif my medium of choice. i lurve y pencils. heh, and we should see how many other hawkeyes we can round up and go pounce all the roy cosplayers. heh heh heh. yeah, i was at otakon last year (and the four years before then as well)... i cosplayed as sango. you might have seen me...i think i was the only sango whose boomerang was actually full-size and well made, not cut out of the side of a refridgerator box. ~_~ that's one thing that has always pised me off about cons...half-bit cosplayers. if you're gonna cosplya, do it right, dammit, dont' do it halfway. i want to kick the people who look like they threw their costumes together the night before...

@Akaina: yah, sorry, i guess i should have noted what i used to color her in, sorry about that... marker and micron pen to ink the lines and then full-color in prisma pencils. happy.gif and sure, i'll toss a picture up here when my costume is done. i haven't really gotten started yet (i'm still trying to muster the courage to dye my own hair blonde instead of getting a wig. i HATE wigs...), but i am hoping to have it complete by may for ACEN in chicago. happy.gif i'll make sure to post some pics when it's ready tho. yay! *dances* i can't wait for 2005 cons!
dragonflame327
Wow, that came out really nice!^_^ I had to debate for a second between marker and pencil after I saw the hair and the shirt. Was definitely thinking pencils and I was right. I want watercolors!^__^ Didn't get those yet...should ask for that and a tablet for christmas. You ever use a tablet. I heard they're pretty good.

Oh, you won't be wearing a wig?! Good!! I hate wigs. The hair is so fake it takes away from the appeal of the costume, IMO. Maybe I should go as Roy....I'd have to die my hair black but I'm close to that already. It's a really dark brown. Hmm, the problem is that I'm tan. Make-up?
Quistis88
It's very beautiful. biggrin.gif
Blade42
Nice! I like it A LOT!!! biggrin.gif
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(dragonflame327 @ Dec 4 2004, 11:53 AM)
Wow, that came out really nice!^_^ I had to debate for a second between marker and pencil after I saw the hair and the shirt. Was definitely thinking pencils and I was right. I want watercolors!^__^ Didn't get those yet...should ask for that and a tablet for christmas. You ever use a tablet. I heard they're pretty good.

Oh, you won't be wearing a wig?! Good!! I hate wigs. The hair is so fake it takes away from the appeal of the costume, IMO. Maybe I should go as Roy....I'd have to die my hair black but I'm close to that already. It's a really dark brown. Hmm, the problem is that I'm tan. Make-up?

thank you. happy.gif yup, it's pencil. i have some prisma markers, but i'm not overley adept with them... i find pencils are easier to control and don't bleed on certain papers the way the markers do, so i don't use them too often.

are you going to otakon, too? closer to the con we should all take a count and try and meet up there, that'd be cool! but yes, i'm definitely NOT doing a wig. i'm gonna let my hair grow from now till...whichever con i am able to get the costume done in time for...and then grit my teeth and go blonde. i'm a redhead, so i don't think the blonde will look TOO weird, since i have a light skintone anyhow... i've just never done anything quite that drastic before... not on my entire head anyhow... meh, if it looks ridiculous i'll just dye it back when the con is over. that's the good thing about hair, it's a good canvas for imagination. happy.gif my lil sis is gonna be winry...we can't decide between the purple pants out fit or the white shirt black skirt outfit...so we may do both... she's gonna wear a wig tho, cuz her hair is short and won't grow long enough for winry by summer...

as for your darker skin...hm...make up will be hard to get to look totally even... if it is because of a tan, you could always just...stay indoors and slather on the sunblock...but if it is a natural tone, i'm not sure how to lighten it... chemicals are bad, especially on your face... how dark are you? could always just say the hell with it and people will get the idea anyway, despite skin color, which is difficult to alter.

or, if you have brown hair...you could be sheska... happy.gif *shrug*
dragonflame327
I picked up a few prisma color markers about two years back to try out, lol. Don't like 'em. Though a friend of mine uses Tria and omg....I want those!! But they're so expensive! Damn you capitalism! 1984 forever! Actually, that kind of world would suck ASS. If you're confused, look up a book called 1984 by George Orwell. It's real good. Reading in class right now but I took a copy home.^^ It's what he thought society would eventually be like with the way it was going.

Hmm, cross-dressing. XD I've thought about trying it, and with the way my hair grows, I could definitely grow it long enough by then... I"ll get it cut really short and I'll almost have bangs in my eyes in a month. (To be honest, I wanna grow my hair out real long but I'm saving that for after I leave my house.) Then there's a senior who's cross-dressed for Halloween. He did a good job too, could ask him for tips, lol. I can't tell if it's skin tone or not. As to how dark I am...um...light tan, I guess? I'm 1/4 black (as a general statement *mutt, lol*) so it's probably a natural tone.
Izumimon
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 4 2004, 11:44 AM)
@Izumimon: it's prisma pencils, actually.  happy.gif  my medium of choice.  i lurve y pencils.  heh, and we should see how many other hawkeyes we can round up and go pounce all the roy cosplayers.  heh heh heh.  yeah, i was at otakon last year (and the four years before then as well)...  i cosplayed as sango.  you might have seen me...i think i was the only sango whose boomerang was actually full-size and well made, not cut out of the side of a refridgerator box.  ~_~  that's one thing that has always pised me off about cons...half-bit cosplayers.  if you're gonna cosplya, do it right, dammit, dont' do it halfway.  i want to kick the people who look like they threw their costumes together the night before...

Ah, I might have, but there were SO many cosplayers. @_@ Got a picture?

I was with a Megaman cosplay group, we were usually in the artroom sketching pictures and playing with toys. XD Bwaha.

I lucked out for next year...I have long blonde hair. It's too long for Riza actually, so I'll have to get a trim. The only issue is my glasses--I can't wear contacts. I hope they don't throw the costume off too much. x.o

I dislike half-bit cosplays too though my costumes are usually rushed and imperfect. XD I've sewed together costumes on planes, buses and in cars while driving across the border. They don't look bad when they're done, I just feel bad about it later. ^^; I've been perfecting my Rockman.EXE costume for more than 2 years now, adding little additions and fixes whenever I had time/materials/funds.

Need to get started on this Hagaren uniform super-early I'm afraid. x.o Too bad I cant sew to save my life.
dragonflame327
Actually, I believe Riza had glasses on at one point, maybe in the manga. Might've been one of the gaidens. Still.^^ They were round I believe, yet like Hughes'. The military uniform'll be hard to make.O_O LOTS of sewing, the I'm personally wondering and I'm sure you people who've done this awhile could help me, since it'd be my first one....what material should I make it out of?
Izumimon
I recall spotting a glasses-Riza avatar round here, but I don't remember whose. @_@

Someone recommended a wool/polyester blend to me for the uniform. o/
hagane_no_tokage
yah, i'm pretty sure i've seen images of riza with glasses. i could have been hallucinating, but i'm, pretty sure i was coherent. hard to tell sometimes, i'm frequently online till like 5am, so... sometimes things get hazy as sunrise approaches... O_o

i'm gonna go and check out some military surplus stores and see if i can't find an already pre-exitsing uniform and modify it, because sewing the whole damn thing will not only be extremely time-consuming, but it'll be bloody hard! heh, not quite sure how i'm gonna make those...tail things that are atteched to the pants, but i'll figure something out. i gotta talk to my friend who's a cop and see if he will let me borrow a shoulder holster. the trick will be finding plastic pistols that aren't neon orange... ~_~

izumimon, i don't have a pic *with* the boomerang, which was about the only thing that set me apart from a lot of the other sangos... but here are a couple of pics my sister took before we left:

IPB ImageIPB Image

they aren't great pictures, cuz i don't have on the leg and arm bands, i am sans hiraikotsu, i haven't got my bracelet on, nor am i wearing any make up [don't look at me, i'm hideous!!!! ohmy.gif ), but you get the idea... heh, yeah...i look lik every other sango... ~_~

@dragonflame: get what for 1500? *scratches head* yeah, it's around 100 to one US dollar...but i lost track of what we were talking about there... O_o

@hex: my own doujinshi? i've thought about it...thing is, the length of most of the fanfics i write would outlast my patience to draw... i'm thinking of maybe throwing together a short comedy-based fma doujinshi, i've been tossing around a few humorous blooper-style scenes that wouldn't be as funny in written form as they would in comic form. happy.gif i'll post some once i get around to doing them. biggrin.gif
Hex-Sama
@Tokage: WOW! The color version is awesome. Your an amazing drawler. Nice Sango cosplay! biggrin.gif
Izumimon
It is a nice cosplay! Don't think I saw you, though. sad.gif

Here's me, second from the left (blue helmet). Flee in terror!
hagane_no_tokage
LOL, loving the helmet! biggrin.gif nice group, you guys look like you had a great time! don't think i saw you, either... but if there are a bunch of us going to otakon this year, i think we should all try and meet up somewhere. happy.gif

and hex, thanks! i'm glad you like the color version... i can't decide which one i like better, i've always been partial to graphite myself... unsure.gif
Hex-Sama
@Tokage: You will make mini-doujinshi then? ohmy.gif Yipee! biggrin.gif I can't wait! Usually the doujinshi or fan comics I see are in japanese, so I can't read them, but now, since your making some, I can be happy! laugh.gif Thank you.
dragonflame327
Nice costumes!^_^ I might take to hand-sewing...or I might not go at all and just take all the money from any summer jobs and put them towards the next one, and art supplies.
hagane_no_tokage
yah, i'm not much of a seamstress myself... but i get by. i usually get some help from my mom, she's really good with her sewing machine, she used to make costumes for me when i was in school plays and such... so i think that with her help i should be able to pull of hawkeye's uniform pretty nicely. happy.gif heh, wish me luck. the trick will be finding a decent pre-existing uniform to work with, i think if i can find a good foundation, the rest should be pretty simple. biggrin.gif
dragonflame327
Or, you could just get insane and do it from SCRATCH!! Cut the fabric, sew it. Hmm, and where to get a citation cord?
hagane_no_tokage
eeeyeah...no. O_O i am definitely not that skilled. i can prolly *alter* a pre-existing article of clothing...but my greatest endeavors at seam...stry...? were making clothes for my barbie dolls when i was a kid... and even those usually wound up looking like overgrown tube socks with random appendages in teh wrong place. ~_~
Nemu
Your style looks nice! =D I like.
stargazer3591
Thats great! I love the mastercard comercials! Do you think Ed really wheres platform boots? And if he does, why haven't I noticed it!
hagane_no_tokage
they're not really platform, and i doubt they *really* add a whole 2" to his numbers, but they do have that big thick red tread, so i think it stands to reason that they do help him out a little in the height department.... we small ones take any elevation we can get. happy.gif
Lady Battousai
Fanart- I love it colourless better.

Wow...cool! I love your costumes.
**HagaNe**
WOAA!!...... It's sooooo wonderfull!.. why I can't draw like that?! huh.gif I like all in this picture! *applause* rolleyes.gif can you teach me to draw like that? biggrin.gif
Asakura_yoh
*nods and cheers* the drawing is nice!! Prefer the coloured one ^^;;
RoyxRiza BigFan
ha ha u should draw roy's baka face with riza looking sassy!!! he should have those big white anime stunned face! >W< and are those copic markers? not bad for the coloring, at least the colors don't collide!
stargazer3591
I know what you mean! Im only 5 feet tall and my tennis shoes have two inch soles. Its like my friend said last night

"Theres a thing called height, which I don't have"

You can never reach the top of the fridge when your only 4 feet tall. And yes, both me and my friend are both vertically challanged! I feel your pain ed!
Hedera
stargazer3591
I feel sorry for you... *I even feel sad for some reason* And I always feel sorry for Ed when he suffers from being called shorty. sad.gif
I could never understand the problem with height... since I'm not short and not very tall...

hagane_no_tokage
Your sketch is so cute!! biggrin.gif Especially, the last phrase and adorable chibi-Roy! laugh.gif
stargazer3591
I really don't mind being short, well until my brother reminds me that I am actually short, then I get mad, hum, kinda like Ed does. Altough I don't make a big deal out of it like he does laugh.gif

Yeah! The chibis are cute! I love the way Ed is standing in the last picture, its so cute!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.