Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Al Fans
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
jarrylyathealchemist
Let's all talk about Al here. He's so adorable! I woves him.

<Edited the thread title from "The Official Alphonse "al" Fan Club" to "Al fans, thread for all Al fans to talk about Al!!" 03/13/07 03/07/07 ~Tombow>
Stinki
you're not getting any members, and me neither! lol
Lina_M
Al is kyoot! You shush stinki. So much angst Al causes and yet he seems more concerned with halping his brother regain his limbs rather than his own predicament. KAWAII. I've only seen the anime, and not yet all of it (I have like five or more episodes left), but Al is probably the most loveable of the characters. Ed is cool but not really someone you want to hug that often. Al needs hugs.
jarrylyathealchemist
Thank you! Al IS adorable. He might be a suit of armor right now,but I'd snuggle up with him any day! Oh,and for the record,I am a fan of Edward as well,but...hehehe. I don't know if I'd snuggle up to him for comfort...
Lina_M
Yeah, Ed's not that snuggly. Al's snuggly no matter what form he is. KYOOT.
dragonflame327
^ Agreed.^^ Al is overly cute. I need to draw some fanart of him...and I've got a few ideas for Al...as he was before the incident, yet with armor. It'll be horribly cute if I can do it.happy.gif Don't know about the rest of you but I'd definitely snuggle him if I felt down...not to mention..hehe(look below).

Beware:

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

More when I get home.^__^
Ko-Toni
I LOVE AL ph34r.gif blink.gif Crazyness
jarrylyathealchemist
Makes two of us. Even though I love Edward to death,I seem to be able to RP Al a lot better than him. It's so weird for me!!
Blade42
Well, obviously Stinki was wrong about there not being any Al fans.
Queen of the dammed
Al has the stuff to be hot when he grows.... *Thinks of older!Al, and Droools excessively*
Alfonso1224
There all cute end of story! biggrin.gif
dragonflame327
Just think of what Al would look like if he hadn't lost his body/4 years from well, y'know. Mmm...
Kokoro no Hana
Indeed, Al is very cute *x*
jarrylyathealchemist
He's yummy alright.
xrninja
admittedly al is cute, but he's so damn naive it's irritating! in the last 10 eps i wanted to give him a couple of reality slaps pretty badly. dry.gif
jarrylyathealchemist
ACK! No spoilers,please!!!
Kokoro no Hana
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 4 2004, 09:52 PM)
admittedly al is cute, but he's so damn naive it's irritating! in the last 10 eps i wanted to give him a couple of reality slaps pretty badly. dry.gif

I agree with you
Senefen
I'm a manga reader and he's growing up nicely in that.
*huggles al* Ahhhh! Is so cute ;_; he needs hugz and thats what makes him so adorable.
dragonflame327
QUOTE(Kokoro no Hana @ Dec 4 2004, 02:10 PM)
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 4 2004, 09:52 PM)

I agree with you

You realize he's got the mind of a 12-year old, (though it's technically exisisted for 14)? And he hasn't realized all the bad things about life yet. Give him time. He's been armor for 4 years. He can't experience things like most people. Though I agree he was being more niave than normal...
jarrylyathealchemist
But his naive part is what makes him so cute!!
xrninja
yeah, it does make him really cute at times...but near the end i was more like, "AAGH! AL, GET A GRIP! knock some sense into him, ed!" at the same time, he did mature during the series. FMA has so many conundrums. tongue.gif
Queen of the dammed
Al is alot more mature in the Manga though... Hey, since this is Al's club, maybe we could all try to draw Al grown up!! *Drools of the thought of seeing her older Al*
Fayt
My most favorite charater is Al laugh.gif
Phobia
I think Al makes a good supporting character but, not as good as Hughes to Roy Mustang. I like Al too, but he's not my favorite character. I like how is sometimes mistaking for the Fullmetal Alchemist and even the older of the two brothers.
jessin
I like him too, but it was kinda disappointing for me to find out what happens to him at the end of the series. It's as if....nothing really mattered.
Chibi-Usa
I wouldn't say Al is my fav character,but he is one of them!
Dark State
I like him...but he got annoying at the end of the series...especially near sloth
Dancing Alchemist
I like him he's a good character.
Kitoky
Al's has his share of the quest of the philosopher's stone - he needs more credit but he's not all that great a character...personality wise.
inneRdemonS
NO ONE BAD MOUTHS AL! hes seen teh gate, he has also been though the same things as Ed so BAM! VIVA LA AL!
IronFlame
He is way to kind hearted for his own good..
Quistis88
I have merged this thread with Fayt's "Al" thread.
Goha
QUOTE(inneRdemonS @ Jan 26 2005, 03:10 PM)
NO ONE BAD MOUTHS AL! hes seen teh gate, he has also been though the same things as Ed so BAM! VIVA LA AL!

I agree. But i think also, that Al is a part of his brother. He is one of this few things that motivate Ed, and keeps his mind focused. No matter if it's manga or anime.
The most sad thing 'bout Al is that he can't feel anyching. I mean, his "body" can't. I's really hard when you can't cry if you want to... I know something about it...
Queen of the dammed
I love it how he's mastered the clappy alchemy faster than Ed.... laugh.gif
Goha
Oh, yeah smile.gif[attachmentid=21]
alchemist of the blue sky
Al is sooo much better than Ed! wub.gif
He is nicer too!
spamsama
Obviously, I'm an Al fan too. He's so cute! /endfangirlygushing

I think the thing that I like about Al the most is the way he struggles with his humanity. It's hard to think you're human when you're stuck in a tin can. What makes us human anyways? I think every once-in-a-while everyone struggles with that kind of question. Plus, he's a good brother. smile.gif
inneRdemonS
Al is the man! ok... nothing bad to say about him, be sides, he should have gotten a circle put on him, if he did, that would have been sooo cool
Mikage_Elric
I really like Alphonse. He's cute and he has not get many fan girls like Ed and Roy.

He's really cute and I wanna give him loves.
Fan_Alchemist
Awesome. cool.gif

I've been searching this whole site for and Alphonse club. You've made my day.
I've been thinking, and I've come to the realization that manga-Al is simply better than anime-Al. ^^;; I'm not exactly sure WHY, but when I read the manga I think, "Al, you're so awesome!" but when I watch the anime I think "...Al, you're kinda lame.."

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Well, I guess I'm being a little unfair. I still like him in the anime too. (I have an Al pillow BTW XD)
Fan_Alchemist
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 18 2005, 11:17 AM) [snapback]287798[/snapback]

I've been thinking, and I've come to the realization that manga-Al is simply better than anime-Al. ^^;; I'm not exactly sure WHY, but when I read the manga I think, "Al, you're so awesome!" but when I watch the anime I think "...Al, you're kinda lame.."

Well, I guess I'm being a little unfair. I still like him in the anime too. (I have an Al pillow BTW XD)

He 's kinda whiney in the anime, but he has a reason to be. His soul is in a suit of armor for god's sake. (Where'd you get it!?)
QUOTE(Fan_Alchemist @ Sep 18 2005, 08:54 AM) [snapback]287810[/snapback]

He 's kinda whiney in the anime, but he has a reason to be. His soul is in a suit of armor for god's sake. (Where'd you get it!?)

(I'm the same guest from before BTW... I'm too lazy to make an account here, haha)

Well yeah, I get that. I mean, obviously, he's a suit of armor in the manga too. ^^;; Like I said, I'm not sure what it really is. I never really found Al to be "whiny"...

But anyway. I actually got the pillow at Otakon. It's really cute. There's one of Ed too, but I liked the Al one better (and I just like Al better in general =P)
Fan_Alchemist
QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 18 2005, 12:00 PM) [snapback]287817[/snapback]

QUOTE(Fan_Alchemist @ Sep 18 2005, 08:54 AM) [snapback]287810[/snapback]

(I'm the same guest from before BTW... I'm too lazy to make an account here, haha)

Well yeah, I get that. I mean, obviously, he's a suit of armor in the manga too. ^^;; Like I said, I'm not sure what it really is. I never really found Al to be "whiny"...

But anyway. I actually got the pillow at Otakon. It's really cute. There's one of Ed too, but I liked the Al one better (and I just like Al better in general =P)

I like Al better too, but Ed is a funny, yet depressed character. I get upset when people call Al useless or whiny. It just hits a nerve.

Besides Al needs some love too. (You got it online, right? Lazy...yes, I am too.))

Girl with the awesome Al pillow
I like Al better too, but Ed is a funny, yet depressed character. I get upset when people call Al useless or whiny. It just hits a nerve.

Besides Al needs some love too. (You got it online, right? Lazy...yes, I am too.))

Yep, I <3 Ed as well. Really the two of them are my favorite FMA characters (how creative, right? =P)

I also dislike it when people call Al useless and/or whiny. But part of me thinks that people who say that have never read the manga. He just seems a bit tougher in the manga, I think. Like he can stand up for himself more? I dunno, I just like him a lot better in the manga..(but hey, I just like the manga a lot better in general... so maybe I'm just really biased? Probably. happy.gif)

And Otakon=anime convention. Although I'm sure you could find it online as well.

Yes, Al does need some love. I enjoyed this discussion. It is allowing me to keep putting off writing my history essay that's due tomorrow... x_x
Fan_Alchemist
QUOTE(Girl with the awesome Al pillow @ Sep 18 2005, 12:19 PM) [snapback]287829[/snapback]

Yep, I <3 Ed as well. Really the two of them are my favorite FMA characters (how creative, right? =P)

I also dislike it when people call Al useless and/or whiny. But part of me thinks that people who say that have never read the manga. He just seems a bit tougher in the manga, I think. Like he can stand up for himself more? I dunno, I just like him a lot better in the manga..(but hey, I just like the manga a lot better in general... so maybe I'm just really biased? Probably. happy.gif)

And Otakon=anime convention. Although I'm sure you could find it online as well.

Yes, Al does need some love. I enjoyed this discussion. It is allowing me to keep putting off writing my history essay that's due tomorrow... x_x

Never read the manga. I have only read volume 1 and 2. (since those are the only ones out yet.)

Get to work! I still need to do Vocab. It's due Tuesday.
Mikage_Elric
Of coarse he's that whiny.
That made him likeable.
do we get banners?
Fan_Alchemist
QUOTE(Mikage_Elric @ Sep 18 2005, 02:23 PM) [snapback]287938[/snapback]

Of coarse he's that whiny.
That made him likeable.
do we get banners?

Good question, Mikage.
Mikage_Elric
we need banners
Fan_Alchemist
QUOTE(Mikage_Elric @ Sep 19 2005, 06:18 PM) [snapback]288764[/snapback]

we need banners

And money for Alphonse merchandise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.