Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For people who are still at school, post your school timetable!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Quistis88
Hee hee. biggrin.gif I sure hope so.
hagane no hitsuji
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 1 2004, 11:23 PM)
I speak it much better than I do Russian [my native language].

Same here. Russian is my native language, but my English is way better [not saying my English is any good, but it's my 3rd language, so], I think.

I'm a total spaz when it comes to Russian, but I have to use it at home as it's the only language my parents can speak properly.
Sycia
o_O; I'll post my timetable... though it seems outta place...

Monday
Morning: Screenplay, Film Analysis

Tuesday
Morning: Drawing (still life)
Afternoon: Illustration

Wednesday
Morning: Design Basics
Afternoon: Screenplay & Scenario

Thursday
Morning: Animation (2D)

Friday
Morning: Project planning

^^; Very simple timetable yeah.
DarkWater Alchemist
Russian seems hard >_<

I love languages ! I really like to know other languages, and I have always been quite good at it. I started to learn French when I was 10, and till I was 14 I never really studied fro French exams. I've had 5 years of English, and 3 years German. And Dutch all the time, of course.

I've been thinking about studying Eastern Languages and Cultures at university, which would have meant I learned Classic Chinese and Japanese (that's what they recommended to choose for languages together.) But... I didn't, and I often regret that. If I fail this year, You'll be hearing me speak Japanese too.

Now that I don't have any language at all at school, my vocabulary is really getting less. But being active on this forum seems to help, I should also read more in English. And do the effort to look up words I don't understand in a dictionary.

My German grammar is worst. I can read and understand, but speaking and writing goes wrong.

Tell me, my beloved Japanese phrasebook tells me that 'Ore' and 'Boku' used as 'I' are only for men. Can someone confirm that?

Sycia So you're an animator! Yay !
Sycia
'ore' and 'boku' were only for men. Nowadays, girls don't really care and some do use either~
DarkWater Alchemist
Aha! Thank you ^^
Lady Battousai
Oh so now we are talking about languages?
Oh well might as well join...

I confirmed that I really know 2 languages only but, as for the others ...well let's just say I'm working on it... they are about 2 of them...
Kihaku
Sycia: Your timetable sound great! Lucky you!
And on talk about languages. I love them too! But I don't have them anymore at school, since I'm in my last year and have gone through all the courses *cries* I'm missing Finnish, German and Swedish, but I still have a course of English though...*cries* I hope to be able to learn for example Japanese at University if I ever get there.. most kid my age are already thre.. um..but I'm a lazy, sports-school student sooo....
Ah, my last timetable, that will conclude my school days in mid Feburary...*sigh*

Monday
-Maths
-English
-Maths
Tuesday
-Training
(I have Maths too, but I always skip it tongue.gif )
Wednesday
-Training
-Free lessons
-Maths
-English
Thursday
-Maths
Friday
-Training
-Free lessons
-Maths
-English
hagane no hitsuji
Russian isn't hard, really! I got most of my class understanding basic Russian conversation in less than a year, and now most of them even sound like good old drunken Russians when they swear (yeah, we have the best swear words tongue.gif).

Languages are great, I wanna learn as many of them as possible.

The next two languages I wanna study are Japanese and German. I'm sure German will be less of a problem, as it's close to English, but it seems like it's gonna take me aaages to be able to speak/write/understand Japanese.

I also wanna study Arabic at some point, just because it's very easy.
Ailuro
Wow, now I really do feel lazy. English is my first and only language I can speak fluently. Y'all put me to shame. o_o
Sycia
QUOTE(Kihaku @ Dec 2 2004, 10:36 PM)
Sycia: Your timetable sound great! Lucky you!

Kihaku: ^_^ Thanks. Lots of drawing for me, but I enjoy it.
Chibi-Usa
1-Science
2-reading
3-Alg 1
4-life skills
5-social studies
6-art
7-gym
greasy bacon
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 2 2004, 12:21 AM)
Aa... sou nande ou ne~... sou sou...

Anou ne, boku no okaa-san wa nihonogo no sensei des'... demou, nihon-jin jyane des ne... rolleyes.gif

Your Japanese is very un-ladylike, I must say. laugh.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
dry.gif I'm compelled to be lady-like in everything I do, darling... from sitting down, to dressing-up, it's nothing but "be a lady!"... I rebel against it when I speak Japanese...
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 3 2004, 01:56 AM)
dry.gif I'm compelled to be lady-like in everything I do, darling... from sitting down, to dressing-up, it's nothing but "be a lady!"... I rebel against it when I speak Japanese...

And you don't do THAT very well, either. tongue.gif

j/k... still better than most people who try.
Bling_bling_Angel
*slaps Bacon* U~see you... wink.gif

I do what I want to do, say what I want to say, and if you have a problem with that, I dare you to try and stop me...
Quistis88
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 2 2004, 10:28 PM)
*slaps Bacon* U~see you...  wink.gif

I do what I want to do, say what I want to say, and if you have a problem with that, I dare you to try and stop me...

ohmy.gif And the domestic abuse begins! laugh.gif
xrninja
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 2 2004, 07:35 PM)
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 3 2004, 01:56 AM)

And you don't do THAT very well, either. tongue.gif

yeah, you should sprinkle your conversations liberally with "kisama," "temeeeeee" (sneer included), "ore," and of course, "kuso yarou." rolleyes.gif
Quistis88
xrninja, you're such a wonderful teacher! laugh.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
Domestic abuse? Huh? How? huh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
itetetetetetete

At least take of your Lee press-on nails before you do that!

Now my face is bleeding...
Bling_bling_Angel
I never wear fake nails cuz I'm not fake... rolleyes.gif

But people--let's make that more specific, "guys"--say my nails feel really sharp for some strange reason... heck, I dunno... huh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
I don't wanna hear that! Look what you've done to my beautiful face!!! MY ACTING CAREER IS RUINED! laugh.gif
Quistis88
Could be the way your nails naturally grow. Some people's are sharper than others. As for me, my scratches are apparently more effective around 2 days after I clip them.

And I'm not allowed long nails because of piano. sad.gif

Acting career? biggrin.gif What sort of movies were you in, or do I dare ask?
Bling_bling_Angel
Yeah... I play the piano, too... it's hard to press and pound--XD-- the keys with long nails... I only do it in the summer... but my mom makes me clip it off after a week... says they make me look seductive... dry.gif Pah, whatever...

Good grief, Bacon... what? You need TLC now? BE A MAN!!! tongue.gif
Ailuro
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 2 2004, 09:53 PM)
I never wear fake nails cuz I'm not fake...  rolleyes.gif

But people--let's make that more specific, "guys"--say my nails feel really sharp for some strange reason... heck, I dunno... huh.gif

I've left scars on people from accidently scratching them. My neighbors and brother know not to mess with me or they get a face or arm full of scratches. wink.gif
Carnal Malefactor
What? You didn't know? I'm Kevin Bacon! cool.gif
Quistis88
Scratching . . . the secret weapon of Officer Ailuro. biggrin.gif

What? You didn't know? I'm Kevin Bacon!   cool.gif

Kevin Bacon!? You got . . . younger. Haha.
xrninja
ooh, when we used to play capture the flag in middle school i'd scratch up/kick the guys who tried to take my flag (which was against the rules, i believe >___>;; ). so they learned not to go near me rolleyes.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
Good one, Ninja... wink.gif
Darkwolf
Why u talking about school, i hate school its boring and annoying
Quistis88
It's not always boring. Stuff we learn at school can be applied to our discussions sometimes. Actually, more often than not.
Lady Battousai
without school we wouldn't be complaning here and neither will this topic exist, ne?
Darkwolf
hey i just said wat i think about school but the best thing about school is math class because it seems to go by so fast and Math is my best thing expet for grades i never turn in anything
Lady Battousai
yes I know but you did *asked* us.
Bling_bling_Angel
Right on, Lady B!!! wink.gif

*confetti* Hurrah for school!
Kihaku
Yup! I must admit that I don't always like school and I sometimes feel like I'm there for nothing..But i really like certain subjects(languages) and I have great friends I meet only at school. I'm already starting to miss it even though it's notyet over. I like my own school and it's the best of all schools!
Waah... I'm going to miss all my school friends and the school building and all that..well maybe I'll be happy at university..if I ever get there.
Bling_bling_Angel
Yeah, school can be fun... you juss need to realize that you're gonna be using those stuff for your own good eventually...

rolleyes.gif Of course you'll get to uni, Kihaku! We believe in you... *big hug!*
Kihaku
Oh, thanks! biggrin.gif But you wouldn't be so conviced if you knew how lazy and unlucky I am.
Yeah, maths... I wonder if I'll ever use all the stuff I learnt in upper secondary... tongue.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
I was wondering Kihaku-Nee-san... do you live in the UK??? huh.gif
Darkwolf
I live in USA AZ Mesa
Kihaku
Bling: Huh, U.K? No... I live in Finland. Was it my talk about upper secondary that made you think that? I actually don't know very much about the school system in the U.K, but here I guess we compare the education that I'm going through at the moment to upper secondary education, although our school was labelled "sports high school" internationally on our jackets, T-shirts etc.. I kind of find it easier to compare to high school, but at school we've been talking about upper secondary so I thought it would be clearer that way biggrin.gif
Cloud28
wow compare to u guys, my timetable is really easy , laugh.gif (thats a good thing). english is not my first language either...i started learning it when i was 11..and now i am learning french during school and japenese at home..(my mom was a japanese teacher in china)
Queenozelight
Aw man...I'm gone for a week and look what's happened!!!You're timetables look nice..Mine sucks... dry.gif

[SIZE=1]I can't go on the comp evey day now because of my marks.... dry.gif Evil school..9.61/20 How did I manage that?!
Fullmetal Elric
1. American Lit
2. French 4 honors
3. Advanced Math (Pre-calc)
4. Physics
5. Lunch
6. International Studies
7. Computer Science Honors
8. Gym class

2nd semester

1. same
2. same
3. same
4. same
5. same
6. Electronics
7. gym class
8. theater tech
Rena, Full Bronze Alchemist
@_@ Darn I feel sorry for you guys!
Bling_bling_Angel
It's tough, but it's okay... wink.gif
telepika
My goodness!!! Everyone has those forum grammar police things now!!!

Sorry for going off topic... It's just... I noticed a trend and... nevermind.
Quistis88
QUOTE(telepika @ Dec 9 2004, 05:45 AM)
My goodness!!! Everyone has those forum grammar police things now!!!

Sorry for going off topic... It's just... I noticed a trend and... nevermind.

Actually, not everyone is supposed to. wink.gif It was supposed to only be for members of the GP squad (which only consists of 5 members). But if it'll help the n00bs, then I'm not complaining. biggrin.gif

Back on topic:
School is so stressful. I finally finished my Philosophy take-home exam! And now it's nearly 0500 hours. At least I can sleep in until 1200 or so. *whew* Going to bed now.
dreamcatcher_alchemist
finals are throwing everything off schedule here. I don't know why they couldn't just make them normal class time. Guess that's univeristy though.

yay Quis! now get some sleep! lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.