Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For people who are still at school, post your school timetable!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Quistis88
You love that little picture, don't you, Gashole?

Yes, well, back on topic.

School's out for me now! I just have an essay due on the 16th, a tutorial on the 20th, and a final on the 22nd.
Bling_bling_Angel
YAY FOR MOMMY!!!! *confetti*
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Gashole @ Dec 10 2004, 06:25 AM)
IPB Image

No, THIS is SPAM.
Bling_bling_Angel
*looks at picture and laughs head off* XDDDD laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
here's the story behind that
Bling_bling_Angel
*stops in the middle of laughing* Ohh...
-=] AkunoToraNo Ouji [=-
Senior in highschool, my school runs on trimester schedules too o.0 .

1st tri:

Varsity football
Psychology
Government
Communications App
Flex

2nd tri:

Flex
Statistics AP
Ind Sports - Weight Training
Adventure/outdoor Ed
English 4

3rd tri:
Flex
Ind Std Tech Appl
English 4
Economics/Free Ent
Statistics AP

Ahhh gotta love the senior year
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 9 2004, 07:01 PM)
and yeah, the california school system sucks. remember the exit exam we took in soph yeah and how ridiculously easy it was? and the STAR and SAT9 tests?

DO I?!?!?!! Curse those standardized tests that keep changing names to make it seem like the the people at the top of the educational adminsitration's doing something, when each and every edition is THE SAME!!!

Yeah, just a little bitter that the exit exams don't count.
xrninja
hah, during my year my school passed 99% in math and 98% in english. and i remembered seeing students on the news, picketing about the unfairness of the exit exam, and not understanding why they cared so much about it blink.gif at least we're seniors and there are no STAR tests for us =D and the exit exams do count! as in, if you don't pass, you don't graduate rolleyes.gif
Quistis88
What are STAR tests, Ninja? huh.gif
xrninja
california standardized testing and reporting tests, i think? we start taking them really early, like in 5th grade, up to 11th, every year around may. the testing is during school and goes for two or three school days. basically the school is divided up by grade and last name, you go to your testing room, and you get a big scantron and the teacher passes out booklets. there are a bunch of booklets, like general science, math, and english ones, reading comprehension, etc, and then there are ones specific to the classes you're taking that year, like last year i got the trig one for the more specific math section, then bio for science, and us history for history. there are allotted time periods and the proctor has us all do the same sections at the same time, like english, then the specific science ones, etc. i always have a ton of time inbetween tests so during the two days of testing last year i read all of da vinci code while i was waiting for time to be called.

anyway, then everything gets turned in and graded by the state people, and each person gets their results with the number wrong in each section and how you matched up %wise with the rest of the state. but i always get 93% or so + to 99%, so i don't worry about star testing. it just shows california how the schools are doing and raises property taxes. my school does really well on those things to everybody flocks here to live, so a normal ranch-style house like mine runs a ridiculous 1.4 million, give or take some.

hahah i googled "saratoga" and "golden triangle" (the area i live in) and this is the type of thing i got: http://www.matr.net/article-12446.html
aww, it mentions argonaut, redwood, and SHS! i dislike the mercury though, because they totally pick on us at SHS whenever something goes wrong in our little bubble. like, one year ago some kids cheated and stole tests, hacked into computers for finals and etc -- which happens at other schools, too -- and it was quickly titled "the saratoga cheating scandal" and was splashed everywhere for a long time. i got quoted anonymously in one of the articles on it, even though i told the stupid lady not to use my interview =P
Chibi-Usa
How many of you guys had to fill out one of those Highschool things for the next four years of your life and found it sooo confusing?I had to do it yesterday, and I had no Idea what I was doing, and the lady counseler with me wasn't helping me either. dry.gif But in the end I ended up with all honors classes,and two electives.*Sigh* I thought the transition from middle school to high school was suppose to be fun?
Carnal Malefactor
You think that sucks? Wait until you get to college.

ho ho ho. laugh.gif
Chibi-Usa
Oh god don't scare me like that mellow.gif
Elderberry
Oh, the course selection sheets? Don't you only fill those out one year at a time?

I'm in all honors, too! happy.gif However, I'm dropping honors for History/Government next year...it doesn't interest me that much...happy.gif||
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 8 2005, 11:30 AM)
You think that sucks? Wait until you get to college.

ho ho ho. laugh.gif
[snapback]148804[/snapback]

I'm actually looking forward to picking courses. The classes my high school offers are really generic, and there's really no room for choice anyway.
Chibi-Usa
Aww you guys talk about this like it's fun! And Elderberry, they did make me fill out all four years,and then after they made me fill out the College/University prep, they made me fill out a College tech prep as a backup!
alchemist x
I had to fill out one of those a few months ago.
normal classes then
orchestra, keyboarding, art 1.
sharpieaddicted
yeah, we had to fill it out or freshman year.
there are so many requirments for our school!
especially gym!
but then our deans have appointmentsevery year to see if we want to change anything.
Chibi-Usa
QUOTE(sharpieaddicted @ Apr 8 2005, 02:20 PM)
yeah, we had to fill it out or freshman year.
there are so many requirments for our school!
especially gym!
but then our deans have appointmentsevery year to see if we want to change anything.
[snapback]148882[/snapback]

Do they actually change what you want them to after you do the survey?
Keiosu
I had to fill out mine last thursday. The lady was really nice, but didn't really help me.
QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ Apr 8 2005, 11:08 AM)
How many of you guys had to fill out one of those Highschool things for the next four years of your life and found it sooo confusing?I had to do it yesterday, and I had no Idea what I was doing, and the lady counseler with me wasn't helping me either. dry.gif But in the end I ended up with all honors classes,and two electives.*Sigh* I thought the transition from middle school to high school was suppose to be fun?
[snapback]148795[/snapback]

omgwtf there's a counselor to help you figure out your schedule.
nekodesu
What happens every year at my highschool is the counslers call down the students individually during the 3 months in the middle of the year and we decide on the classes. And next year, I said that I would take Spanish 4 which is optional and apperently, I found out that the teachers who are teaching the class are bitches so I'm thinking about dropping the class. And I'm not very smart so no honors for me!! Woot! And I don't know how you manage having all honor classes.
mongooseboi
im really indecisive with those, i usually go back to my counciler and tell her that i want to switch classes. like for my junior year i decided not to continue newspaper and take ceramics instead, but now i want to remain in newspaper. haha
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ Apr 8 2005, 01:08 PM)
[snapback]148795[/snapback]

"Supposed to be" Is the keyword. It actually sucks very much for the next few years...
Foolio
i dont even remember what i applied for next year...damn my memory is shot.
Slashrose1010
My 10th grade schedule:

Academic History
Academic Math
Honors Lit
Honors Bio
Health/Gym
Academic Spanish2
Sculpture and Ceramics
Guitar

My school does cycles of 6 days. Gym/Health take up 4 days per cycle meaning I can either take a study hall for the other two cycles or a two day per cycle elective. I chose to do guitar 2day/cycle.... Hoy, I will miss that sleep in study hall >_<
mongooseboi
my sched (sophomore year):
1. spanish 3
2. chem H
3. newspaper
4. precalc
5. english 10
6. world history
phoenix dying
11th grade schedual

Math 3
US hist./govt.
Chemestry
English 11
gym/studyhall
Harkness<-- Career/tech. school

I take all of the low joe-basic classes in the morning and then i leave at noon and go on a bus to this career school called harkess. Im in a two year program for Electrical Systems<--its not electronics. I catch up on my sleep durning history class and sometimes chem.
nekodesu
11th grade classes:

English 3
Spanish 4 (I might drop this since this is optional)
Algebra 2
US History 2
Gym/ Health
Free period
Some SAT course
Physics (shivers)
xrninja
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Apr 8 2005, 04:57 PM)
im really indecisive with those, i usually go back to my counciler and tell her that i want to switch classes. like for my junior year i decided not to continue newspaper and take ceramics instead, but now i want to remain in newspaper. haha
[snapback]148996[/snapback]

stay in newspaper or i shall disown you. ph34r.gif

i'm looking forward to my college classes too, though i don't think i'll have much of a choice to which classes i take, since i think all risd freshman go through the same foundation studies courses.
mongooseboi
^ i know i am! its because i had a lot of fun during your deadline night. i think my staff's deadline night is a lot more boring. >.<
alchemist x
QUOTE(nekodesu @ Apr 9 2005, 08:12 PM)
11th grade classes:

English 3
Spanish 4 (I might drop this since this is optional)
Algebra 2
US History 2
Gym/ Health
Free period
Some SAT course
Physics (shivers)
[snapback]149578[/snapback]

Wow, I am taking Algebra 2 in 9th grade, next year.

Math is soooo fun
mongooseboi
math is a pain in the ass.
Full Metal Engineer
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Apr 10 2005, 12:31 PM)
[snapback]149878[/snapback]

nah are you kidding me I love math, well I have to I wanna be a real engineer someday taking geometry honors right now gonna take pre calc next year since I'm taking Algebra 2 honors in the summer they say thats gonna be hard but whatever now world history honors I cant stand..

anyways this is my Freshman (9th grade) schedule:

1st: Geometry Honors
2nd: English 1 Honors
3rd: Italian 1
4th: World History Honors
5th: Engineering Technology 1
6th: Earth and Space Honors
phoenix dying
QUOTE(Full Metal Engineer @ Apr 10 2005, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Apr 10 2005, 12:31 PM)
[snapback]149878[/snapback]

nah are you kidding me I love math, well I have to I wanna be a real engineer someday taking geometry honors right now gonna take pre calc next year since I'm taking Algebra 2 honors in the summer they say thats gonna be hard but whatever now world history honors I cant stand..

[snapback]149882[/snapback]

Math IS a royal pain in the ass. Now history i absorb like water thats very easy crap, even though i sleep through half of the class
Full Metal Engineer
then how about you take my world history class and I'll take ur math class 'cuz I can survive like 6 classes of freaking trig rather than 3 of world history honestly
xrninja
hah, how about i throw my AP Calc class up for grabs....XP

my current schedule:
1. AP Language
2. Physics
3. Japanese 4 Honors
4. Advanced Journalism 4 Honors (Newspaper)
5. Art 3
6. AP Calculus AB
7. S1 Economics, S2 Home Period
i notice those people who claim to like/love math haven't encountered precalculus.
Jellybean
Wow, lots of honor students here. Good for you guys!

I have one little tip, though. If you are planning on majoring in any kind of science in college, you will have to take Calculus I, II, and III at some point. I suggest you take AP Calculus in high school and see if you can test out of it early on, because the college version of the class is so much harder. We had these common exams, where every student in the class takes the same test even though we were taught by several different profs. So, a topic that your particular prof only spent one lecture covering might comprise a large portion of the test. Ugh, the horror!
Also, with the number of credits required nowadays, it's very difficult to graduate in the standard four years at most universities. Seriously, take advantage of the AP and CLEP testing if you're going to college. It's so worth it.
xrninja
QUOTE(Jellybean @ Apr 10 2005, 03:07 PM)
Seriously, take advantage of the AP and CLEP testing if you're going to college.  It's so worth it.
[snapback]150193[/snapback]

oh yeah, APs. i'm soo....looking forward to them. dry.gif actually, i have to check when i visit my college this week how many AP credits they accept, because i got 4s in AP US history and AP bio last year, and i'm taking AP calc and AP lang this year, and i don't even know if they'll accept calc or lang.
Quistis88
How does the high school credit system work in the US? I'm curious.

Where I am, you need a minimum of 100 credits to graduate high school. I actually know a few people who didn't get enough to graduate in their senior year. And I had 101 by the end of Gr. 11 and graduated with around 163 or something. I don't understand people.

My high school schedule was all packed. It's always been packed. Until I dropped Calculus and actually had a spare to do homework and meeting prep and all that.
Le Monkey
My schedule is pretty lax..
I gave half a day every day in school now..
Sinse I dropped Maths..
Chiyo
I had all the usual classes between Yr 7 to 11

Then in Sixth Form I did Psychology, Sociology and English Literature.

University you can only take one subject (or joint) but's its divided. Today I have nothing, but tomorrow its:

Communication and Persuasion (I'm taking the class)
Project Managment (assessed presentation)
Narrative (love it, just like doing English again)
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Apr 10 2005, 08:22 PM)
How does the high school credit system work in the US?  I'm curious.

Where I am, you need a minimum of 100 credits to graduate high school.  I actually know a few people who didn't get enough to graduate in their senior year.  And I had 101 by the end of Gr. 11 and graduated with around 163 or something.  I don't understand people.
[snapback]150412[/snapback]

it's about the same. basically we're required to take 4 yrs of english, 2-3 yrs of math/science, etc depending on the school you go to or on the college you want to go to.

my senior year schedule:
1. spanish 2 (regular)
2. us history (sheltered)
3. t.a. (sheltered)
4. english 4 -- british literature (sheltered)

--> lazy/unmotivated person. and i got only 3.5 both semesters, too. however, i also know when to use a semicolon; that already makes me one step ahead of most of you.
Full Metal Engineer
QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 11 2005, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Apr 10 2005, 08:22 PM)
How does the high school credit system work in the US?  I'm curious.

Where I am, you need a minimum of 100 credits to graduate high school.  I actually know a few people who didn't get enough to graduate in their senior year.  And I had 101 by the end of Gr. 11 and graduated with around 163 or something.  I don't understand people.
[snapback]150412[/snapback]

it's about the same. basically we're required to take 4 yrs of english, 2-3 yrs of math/science, etc depending on the school you go to or on the college you want to go to.

my senior year schedule:
1. spanish 2 (regular)
2. us history (sheltered)
3. t.a. (sheltered)
4. english 4 -- british literature (sheltered)

--> lazy/unmotivated person. and i got only 3.5 both semesters, too. however, i also know when to use a semicolon; that already makes me one step ahead of most of you.
[snapback]150624[/snapback]

and we need like 2 lang credits and alot of other stuff but it all adds up to only 24 credits yet we get like 1 credit per class or something?
Ailuro
Classes I'm taking next year:
- American Lit. Honors
- AP Biology
- Pre-Calc.
- Consumer Ec.
- Ancient History
- Psychology
- French 2 (but my 5th year of taking it. I had it from 4th-6th, then moved to a different state)
- Studio Art 2
mongooseboi
lets see next year i'll be taking (junior year):
1. spanish 4 H
2. english 11 H
3. Bio AP
4. Calc AB or Calc BC <-- im stil not sure about this class
5. Newspaper 3
6. US History AP
xrninja
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Apr 12 2005, 09:06 AM)
lets see next year i'll be taking (junior year):
1. spanish 4 H
2. english 11 H
3. Bio AP
4. Calc AB or Calc BC <-- im stil not sure about this class
5. Newspaper 3
6. US History AP
[snapback]151168[/snapback]

ew, if you're taking AP Bio, take Calc AB. having both unland (if she's still teaching next year) and kucer at once will keeeel you (not to mention anzalone). unless you're one of those math-science geniuses.
Falling_Man
My schedule this year:
English 9
World History 1
Biology
Spanish 2
Lunch
Health9(sem2)/Phys Ed(sem1)
Geometry
Band 2 <-(best)

Next year:
English 10
World History 2
Spanish 3
Chemistry
Algebra 2
Religion
Band 2
Lunch

For me in this private school, I get a credit per semester. 4 in english, 3 in math, 3 in world history, 3 in science, two or three consecutive years of a foreign language, 2 credits in fine arts and 2 in althletics.

Something interesting: We grade on a 12-point scale instead of the 4 point scale. Theoretically, with this system, it's impossible to fail. Now if they kick you out, that's a different story...

If Jap. was an option, I'd transfer when ever... dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.