Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Queen
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Pages: 1, 2
Carnal Malefactor
Seriously, if you can't appreciate Queen, you have no soul!
Gashole
I do appreciate Queen. But I also know every single song of Simple Plan word per word. What does that make me? ph34r.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Gashole @ Nov 30 2004, 06:33 AM)
I do appreciate Queen. But I also know every single song of Simple Plan word per word. What does that make me? ph34r.gif

More confused than Freddy Mercury at an orgy. tongue.gif
Quistis88
You mean QUEEN of Bohemian Rhapsody fame!? ohmy.gif I love that song . . .
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 30 2004, 07:27 AM)
You mean QUEEN of Bohemian Rhapsody fame!?  ohmy.gif  I love that song . . .

Yup. That's only the 3rd best song on that particular album, too.

And the 'famous' part of that song is actually the second of three movements. Those guys were amazing songwriters.
Quistis88
Amazing is right. I've played Bohemian Rhapsody in band before, but the arrangement was disappointing. The actual song is so much more intricate.
Omakase Shimasu
Queen, I love it! biggrin.gif Bohemian Rhapsody, I Wanna Ride My Bicycle, We Are The Champions, Princes of the Universe~ *__* Those were the good old days. How come I can't hear them anywhere every time I turn on the radio, huh?? What's up with that? tongue.gif
PK Rockin'
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see
Iím just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because Iím easy come, easy go
Little high, little low,
Anyway the wind blows,doesnít really matter to me,
To me

Mama, just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head,
Pulled my trigger, now heís dead,
Mama, life had just begun,
But now Iíve gone and thrown it all away
Mama oooo~,
Didnít mean to make you cry
If Iím not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on,carry on,as if nothing really matters

Too late, my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine
Bodyís aching all the time,
Goodbye everybody, Iíve got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama oooo~

Chorus:
Any way the wind blows...

I donít want to die,
I sometimes wish Iíd never been born at all,

[Solo of awesomeness]

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche, scaramouche will you do the fandango?
Thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening!
Galileo Galileo
Galileo Galileo
Galileo figaro magnifico
But Iím just a poor boy and nobody loves me
Heís just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come easy go, will you let me go
Bismillah! no, we will not let you go-let him go
Bismillah! we will not let you go-let him go
Bismillah! we will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go-let me go
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
Mama mia,mama mia,mama mia let me go
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for meeee~

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye?
So you think you can love me and leave me to die?
Oh baby canít do this to me baby
Just gotta get out-just gotta get right outta here

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters, nothing really matters to me,

Any way the wind blows...

*Gong*
squirrel burrito
Fat Bottomed Girls, ahhhhh, one of their best songs. More cushin for the pushin'!
SinFestZeppelin
Yup Queen is definitely one of the greatest bands of all time, Prophet Song is perfection!
Goha
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 30 2004, 12:27 AM)
You mean QUEEN of Bohemian Rhapsody fame!?  ohmy.gif  I love that song . . .

I have Japaneese version!

OUEEN RO><. Forever. cool.gif

I want to ride my bicycle...
Tashi
queen is great, my fav song has to be bicycle race though
Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride it where I like

You say black I say white
You say bark I say bite
You say shark I say hey man
Jaws was never my scene
And I donít like star wars
You say rolls I say royce
You say God give me a choice
You say lord I say christ
I donít believe in peter pan
Frankenstein or superman
All I wanna do is

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my
Bicycle races are coming your way
So forget all your duties oh yeah!
Fat bottomed girls theyíll be riding today
So look out for those beauties oh yeah
On your marks get set go
Bicycle race bicycle race bicycle race
Bicycle bicycle bicyi want to ride my bicycle
Bicycle bicycle bicycle
Bicycle race

i just love my bike, Pinces of the universe, Bohemian Rhapsody, and we are the champions are really good aswell

edit: i almost forgot Fat Bottomed Girls! they make the rockin world go round wink.gif
Gashole
There you go
You're always so right
It's all a big show
It's all about you

You think you know
What everyone needs
You always take time
To criticize me

It seems like everyday
I make mistakes
I just can't get it right

It's like I'm the one
You love to hate
But not today

So shut up, shut up, shut up
Don't wanna hear it
Get out, get out, get out
Get out of my way
Step up, step up, step up
You'll never stop me
Nothing you say today
Is gonna bring me down

There you go
You never ask why
It's all a big lie
Whatever you do

You think you're special
But I know, and I know
And I know, and we know
That you're not

You're always there to point
Out my mistakes
And shove them in my face

It's like I'm the one
You love to hate
But not today

Don't wanna hear it
Get out of my way
You'll never stop me
Nothing you say today
Is gonna bring me down
Is gonna bring me down

Will never bring me down

Don't tell me who I should be
And don't try to tell me what's right for me
Don't tell me what I should do
I don't wanna waste my time
I'll watch you fade away

Don't wanna hear it
Get out of my way
You'll never stop me
Nothing you say today
Is gonna bring me down

Shut up, shut up, shut up
Don't wanna hear it
Get out of my way
You'll never stop me
Nothing you say today
Is gonna bring me down

Bring me down
{shut up, shut up, shut up}
Won't bring me down
Bring me down
Won't bring me down

Shut up, shut up, shut up

Sorry, can't resist. tongue.gif
Alphonse
Man, QUEEN is the rock band of superior greatness!
My friends and I would run around our Junior High and sing QUEEN music while the other students gave us strange looks.
I have to say since Bicycle Race was the first QUEEN song I heard, it has to be my favourite, followed by Another One Bites The Dust.
I've played Bohemian Rhapsody in band before, but the arrangement was disappointing. The actual song is so much more intricate.

We also played Bohemian Rhapsody in band and I agree... The arrangement we had was purely horrible. >.> Did it no justice.
PK Rockin'
Heh. When I was in 8th grade my band did one of the arrangements. But we added in a peer of mines who plays electric guitar. It was awesome.
dreamcatcher_alchemist
I love Queen. My youngest sister has me beat thought. She was 11 and knew the lyrics to almost every one of their songs. She's still a huge fan. She's the one who got me into them, lol.
ἀρχή
Whether you like them or not, you have to acknowledge them as an influential part of modern music history.

And, I love Queen.
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Nov 29 2004, 11:28 PM)

I love their song "We are the Champions"... one of the best damned songs ever! cool.gif
Fire Alchemist
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 15 2004, 06:07 AM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Nov 29 2004, 11:28 PM)

I love their song "We are the Champions"... one of the best damned songs ever! cool.gif

I Agree!
Prinz_Zoisit
uhm, i'm no queen-fan, but Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear loves it....^^
Blade42
yup, he really does, and I like queen too. I've downloaded some of their songs.
Shaman_Girl88
I have some of the original records. I'm not that old though, my mom got them for me.
Foolio
i want to ride my bicycle! damn i havnt thought about them in awhile *puts on Bohemian Rhapsody*
edsgirl
Just think alot of of the younger generation probably wouldn't have ever heard queen, if it wasn't for that damn Wayne's World scene. Alot of my friends didn't get hip to Queen till they saw the headbanging scene.
Fire Alchemist
Bohemian Rhapsody pwns!!!
chimeras cry
queen rocks my socks! biggrin.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(Foolio @ Dec 21 2004, 06:23 PM)
i want to ride my bicycle! damn i havnt thought about them in awhile *puts on Bohemian Rhapsody*

laugh.gif Oh my gosh... right now, here in Japan, they've got this Sony--or was it Panasonic? huh.gif --commercial for this MP3 thingy... they've got this panda listening to Queen with an MP3...

The song was Bicycle and it was HLARIOUS! biggrin.gif
Foolio
laugh.gif nice laugh.gif id like to see that
Slashrose1010
Ahh... Bohemian Rhapsody. I love that song. It is sooo sad. It is a graet song that inspired a great episode of Bebop. I also love We Are The CHampions. I was thinking of getting their Greatest HIts Albums Platinum recently. It is a three disc set with all of their greatest songs. Maybe, I ought to get it. ***Anyway the wind blows. If I'm not back again this time tomarrow, Carry on, Carry on... as if nothing really matters. That song almost brought me to tears the first time I heard it.
dramadramaDRAMA
QUEEN BLOOMIN' WELL ROCKS

They are the best band in the world EVER...

Freddie Mercury is God...

I know i sound insane but i really do love Queen so I'm sure you can forgive me!

Luv meeeeeeeeeeeee

xxx

blink.gif
Le Monkey
dont worry she is always like this, compleatly loopy!! blink.gif wacko.gif
Dark Alchemist1
who is queen?
Slashrose1010
^Are you serious... you've never heard of Queen.. Did you grow up under a rock on Mercury (pun intended tongue.gif)
I'm Freddie Mercury, B****
Anywho, if you still haven't heard about the Queen-Athon it is because you haven't been on the forums for over 2 months tongue.gif It is a one week only event. All Queen fans are encouraged to go nuts XD

^@Dark: *hands Platinum Collection* Here. Listen to this for 5 days straight or until you have learned your lesson.

*My friend wears a shirt that says "The Clash: The Only Band That Matters"*
^False!
Queen-The Only Band That Ever Matters or Ever Will Matter tongue.gif
-Kr!zY-
Yeah! Queen ROCKS!!!Brian May is a wicked guitarist! not just that, but overall, Queen is just legendary!
JudasPriest1
YAH!!!QUEEN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But I like Judas Priest more they are the GODS of heavy metal.I forgot to say "PUNY MORTALS THAT DO NOT KNOW OF QUEEN DO NOT DESERVE TO BE BLESSED WITH THE AWESOME SOUND OF QUEEN!!!" but ya can if ya want'ta.
JudasPriest1
I forgot to say "PUNY MORTALS THAT DO NOT KNOW OF QUEEN DO NOT DESERVE TO BE BLESSED WITH THE AWESOME SOUND OF QUEEN!!!" but ya can if ya want'ta.
-Kr!zY-
YEAH!!QUEEN WILL ROCK YOU!!!(thought i'd say that again, to stay on topic) tongue.gif

@JudasPriest1: dude, you just double posted! use the 'edit button' if you want to edit your posts tongue.gif -(btw,apparently if your found out by one of the mods, they torture you and do all kinds of scary stuff to you... ph34r.gif ) just kidding laugh.gif
JudasPriest1
Wait before I do somthing stupid I can't remember if I'm allowed to delete a post and if I can how? biggrin.gif
-Kr!zY-
um..i think the best thing for you to do, is to report your double post at the 'grammar police station' (but edit your first post again if you wish,coz i think your 2nd one gets deleted...) um, yeah just go tell them, and they'll fix it with their god-like powers! tongue.gif (btw, its a good idea to beg for their mercy... laugh.gif ) jk ^^
don't worry^^
Otoki Tomoe
I FRIGGIN LOVE QUEEN! wub.gif omg... I feel old... I have every album up to Made in Heaven, including Freddie Mercury's and Brian May's solo albums and one from Smile (the band that preceded Queen, for you youngins).

... at least I'm still young enough to have originally gotten them all on CD. My dad is old enough to have them all on vinyl. tongue.gif

Anyone see that special on Freddie Mercury on FUSE (I think that's the name of the channel)? It was really good.
WynterMajik
QUOTE(Dark Alchemist1 @ Jan 15 2005, 03:09 PM)
who is queen?
[snapback]85466[/snapback]

It's not uncommon for people, depending on their age, to not know about Queen. More than half the kids my age don't. I think it's crazy and that everyone should know about Queen, but I guess that all the good music isn't getitng as much attention as it deserves, hence the reason that teens don't really know who they are. I am a lucky one. biggrin.gif My mom got me hooked on that band. She got hooked on it from her older brothers and sisters. It's like an ongoing chain in my family. All of my cousins and I know the good bands. We like modern stuff too, but classics are out favs. smile.gif
Alida
blink.gif You guys are almost just like me when it comes to music. I LOVE Queen!! YAY!!! Other 80s fans to talk to! biggrin.gif cool.gif
WhiteMike
Queen is bloody amazing, anybody who doesn't know that, well, get off this thread
empty
Yes, I'd have to say that Queen is, without a doubt, my most favorite band ever. Nobody, not The Beatles, not Styx, not KISS, not the flippin Partridge Family, NOBODY can touch them biggrin.gif

Heh, I wrote an essay on them in school a few days ago, although I doubt I did them justice >.O

Sadly, I only own the platinum collection of their greatest hits, I need more! More Freddie, more Brian, more John, more Roger, gimme moore! >.< *sighs and puts in the 2nd CD of the collection before turning it to The Show Must Go On*

Freddie is my hero ^^
WhiteMike
tis true young one, lol
Slashrose1010
@Empty: laugh.gif I only have the platinum collection but I plan to buy their CDs in the near future... right after I get some Coldplay @__@;; I really don't like stealing from Queen but I guess I will just sample some random songs to see which CD I should get first... no wait... my crappy Best Buy only sells their greatest hits etc sad.gif Aww, then I shall be forced to steal.

Hehe, btw, does anyone have any other recommendations that aren't on the platinum collection? blink.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
OMG my favorite Queen song is missing from this thread. ohmy.gif

I'm In Love With My Car

The machine of a dream
Such a clean machine
With the pistons a pumpiní
And the hub caps all gleam

When Iím holdiní your wheel
All I hear is your gear
When my handís on your grease gun
Oh itís like a disease son

Iím in love with my car
Gotta feel for my automobile
Get a grip on my boy racer rollbar
Such a thrill when your radials squeal

Told my girl Iíll have to forget her
Rather buy me a new carburetor
So she made tracks sayiní
This is the end now
Cars donít talk back
Theyíre just four wheeled friends now

When Iím holdin your wheel
All I hear is your gear
When Iím cruisiní in overdrive
Donít have to listen to no run of the mill talk jive

Iím in love with my car
Gotta feel for my automobile
Iím in love with my car
String back gloves in my automolove
RoyalRoyai
OMG QUEEN. Just kidding. I'm a new fan actually, since... last week tongue.gif . But Queen is awesome, man. My laptop just registers this shared user on iTunes, and they have all of the Queen songs, 37 total biggrin.gif .Boy I feel lucky. Thank you anyone who's on the other end of iTunes, I love you and Queen. I listened to Bohemian Rhapsody about 30 times in a row last night. Addicted XD
Popogeejo
"I want to break free" was perhaps the best video ever."I'm going slightly mad" was great aswell.I hink I have most of the CD's and DVDs to do with them.

Brian May FTW.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.