Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winter Break
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3
sasuki_604
Winter break is just around the corner.
What will everybody be doing for the holidays?

Me? I will sleep and probably do some holiday shopping!
Blade42
About the same....but, how about playing endless hours of games too?
Quistis88
I want to play games as well. Haven't touched a controller in months, and my hands feel deprived. On top of that, I'll probably be busy with university readings as well, and signing up for next semester's classes, if I need to change my schedule at all. I'll also need to purchase textbooks for next semester as well. There goes my income. Good thing I have scholarships.
sasuki_604
@Quistis88: What university do you go to?

Sigh...I have readings to do too, especially with Finals and everything. sad.gif
luciferownsme
On winter break I'll be in Hong Kong scouring the streets for Roy merchandise and Curry fishballs!
Quistis88
Lucky you, luciferownsme! tongue.gif

sasuki: I'm at the University of Calgary.
sasuki_604
Cool! I have a friend who goes there!
I'm studying at the University of British Columbia....lol Guess we're neighbours! biggrin.gif
Quistis88
Yes! biggrin.gif Who's your friend?
sasuki_604
I think you'll be better off, if you don't know him. lol
He's a good friend but he drives me nuts! laugh.gif
Lady Battousai
off topic happy.gif
sasuki_604
lol sorry... I tend to sidetrack! tongue.gif
I think I'm off topic again laugh.gif
xrninja
eh, don't worry about veering off topic, it happens all the time smile.gif

me? college applications! portfolios! oh joy!
Quistis88
Poor xrninja. sad.gif Portfolios suck.
Bling_bling_Angel
I'm applying for an Air Force ROTC Scholarship... hope I pull it off... unsure.gif

As for the holidays, I'm up to my neck in tings to do!!!!!! mad.gif Since my mom runs the Catholic side of the Chaplains' department here, I'm in charge of the Christmas play and I hate it!!!!!!! I've got to prepare the costumes and they're so musty!!! *weeps in a corner*... Then, I've got to get ready for my piano recital, which is a real pain in the *CENSORED*!!! I've got most of my shopping done... I've only got my parents left to shop for...

Plus, I've got a helluva workload at school for extra-credit... sad.gif It's hopeless... There's 50 in my class; I'm juss number 10... *bows head in shame, then rises with burning determination* I WILL MAKE IT TO THE TOP!!! *poses a'la Colonel Mustang*

And, oh God... I've to run 1.5 miles in about 30 minutes... It's for the Air Force thing... the real run is on this Saturday... dry.gif ... Oh bliss... *censored*
Quistis88
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Nov 29 2004, 11:14 PM)
As for the holidays, I'm up to my neck in tings to do!!!!!!  mad.gif Since my mom runs the Catholic side of the Chaplains' department here, I'm in charge of the Christmas play and I hate it!!!!!!! I've got to prepare the costumes and they're so musty!!! *weeps in a corner*... Then, I've got to get ready for my piano recital, which is a real pain in the *CENSORED*!!! I've got most of my shopping done... I've only got my parents left to shop for...

Plus, I've got a helluva workload at school for extra-credit...  sad.gif It's hopeless... There's 50 in my class; I'm juss number 10... *bows head in shame, then rises with burning determination* I WILL MAKE IT TO THE TOP!!! *poses a'la Colonel Mustang*

So much to do, Angel! Is all that extra-curricular stuff necessary? sad.gif Piano recitals aren't too bad, but they ARE a big nuisance. I must finish my Christmas shopping as well. Good luck heading to the top! I'll be here in front of my monitor supporting you. tongue.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
*hugs Sempai* Quisty-sempai ichi-ban sugoi to yasashii, na~~... smile.gif

Ugh... that's why most of teens here brand me as a "loser-loner-nolife"... because I help out at church alot... my reason for this is: if I don't, juss who will? Someone has to show compassion for the play... rolleyes.gif

Yeah, piano recitals are fine, but this is my 2nd one this year, and it's during Christmas, for goodness' sake!!! X33333

*raises Japanese flag-fans* YES! TO THE TOP, I SHALL!!! My Havoc will be Quisty-Sempai!!!
Quistis88
*hugs Angel* Awwww, but I wanna be Hughes! biggrin.gif
dreamcatcher_alchemist
Winter break? Lets see... ah yes:

blood tests, CT scan, MRI scan, GI scan, visit to the ENT, then back to the doctors for results... christmas is in there somewhere. maybe some sleep. oh yeah, and hanging out with the little niece! she keeps me on my feet!
Quistis88
*hugs dreamcatcher as well* Poor dear. You'll make it through all that stuff fine. Rest more often, ok? smile.gif
dreamcatcher_alchemist
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 30 2004, 05:54 AM)
*hugs dreamcatcher as well*  Poor dear.  You'll make it through all that stuff fine.  Rest more often, ok?  smile.gif

I truely wish I could, but we're coming into finals week son. there is no rest. dry.gif and to make things worse, I'm not allowed caffiene. but I'm looking forward to winter break, despite the tests. I get to see my family. I miss them, lol.
Quistis88
Yeah. smile.gif Worst thing about Winter Break are the finals hitherto, and the best thing is that it's a break. Why are you not allowed caffeine? sad.gif
dreamcatcher_alchemist
I was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease (I dont know about the spelling...) recently and large amounts of caffiene set it off, so I'm not allowed it. dry.gif that rules out chocolate, though... since its christmas that small rule is going out the window when I get home, LOL
Quistis88
Chocolate is a blessing, eh? smile.gif
Alchemist-Mage
Hey, just noticed this topic, I was planning on spending christmas w/my gf...but she left me, [sighs w/depression], so now I'm stuck w/my parents.

Btw, Bliss, ur in the USAF????
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 29 2004, 10:28 PM)
*hugs Angel*  Awwww, but I wanna be Hughes!  biggrin.gif

*Taisa tone* Very well!!! You are HUGHES!!! *regualr Angel mode* YAY!!! laugh.gif
SailorSev
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Nov 29 2004, 10:25 PM)
Ugh... that's why most of teens here brand me as a "loser-loner-nolife"... because I help out at church alot... my reason for this is: if I don't, juss who will?

Humph! Don't let those ignoramuses get to you. In my experience, the teenagers who call others names like that are too busy being "popular" and "having a life" that they aren't much good to anyone later. Feel sorry for them. 30 years from now, when they're having their midlife crisises(a.k.a -- I wasted my life, and I'm panicking because all I developed was my looks and they're going down the toilet, which means there's nothing left for me to do with myself.), you'll be feeling content because you actually did something worthwhile.
Quistis88
QUOTE(SailorSev @ Nov 30 2004, 01:56 AM)
Humph! Don't let those ignoramuses get to you.  In my experience, the teenagers who call others names like that are too busy being "popular" and "having a life" that they aren't much good to anyone later.  Feel sorry for them.  30 years from now, when they're having their midlife crisises(a.k.a -- I wasted my life, and I'm panicking because all I developed was my looks and they're going down the toilet, which means there's nothing left for me to do with myself.), you'll be feeling content because you actually did something worthwhile.

I'm behind you on those words 100%, SailorSev! That's exactly what high school reunions are for! biggrin.gif

And . . .

YES! I GET TO BE HUGHES! BEWARE MY MINIATURE THROWING KNIVES!!! laugh.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 30 2004, 01:00 AM)
QUOTE(SailorSev @ Nov 30 2004, 01:56 AM)
Humph! Don't let those ignoramuses get to you.  In my experience, the teenagers who call others names like that are too busy being "popular" and "having a life" that they aren't much good to anyone later.  Feel sorry for them.  30 years from now, when they're having their midlife crisises(a.k.a -- I wasted my life, and I'm panicking because all I developed was my looks and they're going down the toilet, which means there's nothing left for me to do with myself.), you'll be feeling content because you actually did something worthwhile.

I'm behind you on those words 100%, SailorSev! That's exactly what high school reunions are for! biggrin.gif

And . . .

YES! I GET TO BE HUGHES! BEWARE MY MINIATURE THROWING KNIVES!!! laugh.gif

Awww thanx Sev + [B]Sempai!!! smile.gif You guys are great!!! Yeah, losers... they don't care about anything but gelling their hair, putting on make-up, seeing you has the best ring-tone on their mobile fones... sad, really.

AND BEWARE OF THE PHOTO-SHOVING MANEUVER!!! XDDDDD

How 'bout you, Sev? Who you wanna be in my great exploit to reach the top of my senior class?
Quistis88
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Nov 30 2004, 02:06 AM)
AND BEWARE OF THE PHOTO-SHOVING MANEUVER!!! XDDDDD

YES! Look at the pretty pictures of Lexi, my CAR!!!

I don't have a daughter, so that will have to suffice. Lexi's like a son to me. ;___; My baby boy.
SailorSev
What do you mean bling? ^__^ I'll give a comprehensive answer once I know what you're saying.
Bling_bling_Angel
Ah, well... *clears throat* In my graduating class, there are 50 seniors; in rank, I'm number 10... I WANT TO MAKE IT TO THE TOP!!! *Colonel Mustang pose*

And Sempai is my Hughes!!!
Quistis88
Yes, I am! And we shall drive around in the makeshift Pimp Mobile that is my car.
Bling_bling_Angel
Yay-uh! And I fit the role of Roy so well... cuz I'mma pimpette!!! laugh.gif
Alchemist-Mage
For christmas break I'll probably be stuck w/my family, especially my faqs of brothers and my btchy sister, and I'll also probably be tryin to figure out why I have to suffer from all the heartbreaks I've gone through
Zio
Me? I'll be doing some sleeping, some eating, and alot of video games shall be played after December 17th. I don't have to worry about Second Semister at University of Wisconsin-Richland Center until January 24th!

I love college.
Bling_bling_Angel
rolleyes.gif Daddy's the model student, no?
Quistis88
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Dec 11 2004, 04:19 AM)
rolleyes.gif Daddy's the model student, no?

Heh heh, indeed. biggrin.gif Exams are all over, Zio?
Prinz_Zoisit
i will enjoy my winter vacation and visit the most filled spots in berlin at christmas time... so romantic..... of course me alone with myself....^^
Fire Alchemist
I will sleep...sleep...watch anime...sleep...probably more sleep...and of course watch more anime...and once again sleep....
Blade42
Play Guilty Gear, or just a random game. Eat food, sleep. Play more games, then watch anime.
Fire Alchemist
winter break,spring break, and summer are all about watching lots of anime and sleeping....
Shirei
Let's see...well, my birthday is x-mas day, so..we will be celberating that. Then, we are gunna get more presents from our relatives..and school gets out on wensday. ph34r.gif blink.gif That's about it..no traveling or anything.. sad.gif
mistress_aya
*sighs* Well, I'm going to be trying to find a job so I can pay towards a loan that I need in order to go on a trip that my school's art department is setting up. I need at least $50 dollars a month to pay for the loan, though I might end up waiting until spring of 2006 to go on the trip instead. >.< I wanna visit Switzerland and Italy in 2005 though... *sighs again*
Prinz_Zoisit
ah i forgot to see...

i'm going to watch the new Spongebob Squarepants movie^^^^
kenny
@ Prinz_Zoisit : just as i was visiting your web site.. i was attacked by 2 virus... do you know someting about it ? bitdefender blocked it but .. you know...

and btw ^^ i live in switzerland, if some1 want to visit !

this vacation will be : ski + anime + manga + girlfriend-enjoying biggrin.gif
darkangelslayer
ill b at home when i could have been skiing. sad.gif sad.gif
but no0o my mom doesnt want 2 drive 2 the airport
hitokiri
QUOTE(darkangelslayer @ Dec 19 2004, 06:16 PM)
ill b at home when i could have been skiing. sad.gif  sad.gif
but no0o my mom doesnt want 2 drive 2 the airport

grab a cab or a bus
edsgirl
There's no such thing as a winter break in my world! I need a break from this crappy cold weather. Anyone from CA wanna trade spaces for a month?
xrninja
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Dec 19 2004, 06:40 PM)
There's no such thing as a winter break in my world! I need a break from this crappy cold weather. Anyone from CA wanna trade spaces for a month?

yeah, we go around in shirts and sweatshirts and flipflops here in CA on the less-cold days laugh.gif where do you live, edsgirl?
edsgirl
Kentucky, it was 14 degrees today, I would kill to be able to run around in my shorts and tanks all year long. Does it ever get cold there?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.