Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trigun
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2
S.U.D
Trigun (トライガン Toraigan?) animated by Madhouse, broadcasted on TV Tokyo, produced by Victor Company of Japan (JVC) in 1998 and directed by Satoshi Nishimura with scripts by Yosuke Kuroda, character designs by Takahiro Yoshimatsu, mechanical designs by Noriyuki Jinguji and music by Tsuneo Imahori. Original run from April 4, 1998 September 30, 1998.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: Vash the Stampede is a gunman on the run with a 60 billion double dollar bounty on his head which has made it difficult for him to go anywhere without being chased and shot at. Every town he ever visits ends up being destroyed because of his pursuers, but miraculously no one ever gets killed. Meryl and Milly are two insurance agents that have been sent to find Vash the Stampede and keep him under surveillance so no more damage is caused. Meryl, who leads the pair, refuses to believe that the man they have met can possibly be the legendary gunman. This spikey haired, gangly, young man is extremely friendly, a pacifist, hates blood and suicide, absolutely loves donuts, and is a dork and a crybaby (far from a notorious outlaw). But there is more to Vash and his past than meets the eye.

Genres: action, comedy, drama, science fiction
Themes: post-apocalyptic, space western, western
Episodes: 26
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

-------------------

I think TRIGUN is the best ANIME ever made Who agreezzzzzz with me!!??? cool.gif
Animeluva13
i agree wit with you but FMA is running a close(and i mean very close)second
LordGohan
i have no favorite first anime!

all my favorites are 2nd... until 1 gets better

its an all out braw beetween FMA,Trigun,Inuyasha,and GW.
so far GW isnt doin so well

the only way i can watch trigun know is online...THEY TOOK IT OF OF CARTOON NETWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif mad.gif
Vashinu
trigun is the best and thats why i have his gun it cost me 150 and it is great biggrin.gif
LordGohan
can i gget a pic?
loa
oh i LOVE trigun!!! wub.gif wub.gif
i havnt seen it for a while tho... sad.gif dry.gif

QUOTE(Vashinu @ Nov 29 2004, 09:55 AM)
trigun is the best and thats why i have his gun it cost me 150 and it is great biggrin.gif

really?? whered u get it?? thats so kewl! itd be awesome to have 1. but im so broke..
Animeluva13
ya i know it hasnt been on in a while (on adultswim That is)WTF mad.gif were they thinking taking a top of the line anime off. ohmy.gif
LordGohan
no clue...BUT you can watch episodes 1-3(i think) on animecrave.com tho

(no i m not ther advatiser i just like em)
loa
QUOTE(LordGohan @ Nov 29 2004, 02:04 PM)
no clue...BUT you can watch episodes 1-3(i think) on animecrave.com tho

(no i m not ther advatiser i just like em)

lol. u could probally get some money 4 it tho.. tongue.gif

Animeluva13- yea, ive been sad without it. but since my mum has been blocking the damn tv (grounded) i cant see it anyway... mad.gif i almost missed fma too! but when i went on break i saw it thursday. biggrin.gif
i missed the end of trigun and now im afraid that ill never get to see it... sad.gif i heard that he was a plant or something, huh.gif but i havnt seen the ep. after when he takes out knives...

BTW- i love ur sig. laugh.gif when my friend said she didnt like anime i instantly thought of it. blink.gif
squall
Dude I love Trigun!
Ninie
I like Trigun! happy.gif I've seen all the epsiodes (dubbed in french, but it's Trigun anyway) and I'm currently reading the manga.
luciferownsme
I watched all the anime, and I'm slowly collecting the manga in english. I love Legato even though he scares me >>
Animeluva13
i havent seen most of the eps because my recorder is a pos(piece of Crap) and my mom nomally guards the tv with a nine-inch pole(and an uzi jujst in case laugh.gif )
and now cause of that ive missed the 2nd and the 4th eps of FMA(OMIGOD now i have to go over my cousins house to see it)

loa
BTW- i love ur sig. when my friend said she didnt like anime i instantly thought of it

Thank you i was reading megatokyo when i thought of this. laugh.gif laugh.gif
O and your the third person to say you like it!!
loa
QUOTE(Animeluva13 @ Nov 30 2004, 05:06 AM)
i havent seen most of the eps because my recorder is a pos(piece of Crap) and my mom nomally guards the tv with a nine-inch pole(and an uzi jujst in case laugh.gif )
and now cause of that ive missed the 2nd and the 4th eps of FMA(OMIGOD now i have to go over my cousins house to see it)

loa
BTW- i love ur sig. when my friend said she didnt like anime i instantly thought of it

Thank you i was reading megatokyo when i thought of this. laugh.gif laugh.gif
O and your the third person to say you like it!!

dont they play them during the week?? thats how i saw the one i missed last weekend.

- its funny, did u make it or did some1 for u? i need a sig. at inuyasha.net (before they closed it) i had a great sig, and if i could get back on it, i could go to the site i got them from, but i cant get to it...
S.U.D
Ahh you lucky I saw only 6 TRIGUN episodes sad.gif ( but Ihave manga( virtual) and I am trying to get TRIGUN MAXIMUM manga)!!!!!!But I dont no where to get it!!!! sad.gif
Animeluva13
you could try the libary(i think i saw it there)might not have been it
gundamjcr
i used to watch trigun when it was on cartoon net work i really like his gun and ive been reading the manga but i only have the first volume:(
S.U.D
Try www.xeenmangaworld.fr.st there is all TRIGUN manga biggrin.gif
The $$60,000,000,000 Man
I hope they turn Trigun Maximum into an anime. That would be cool!
Legato
QUOTE(The $$60 @ 000,000,000 M,Dec 3 2004, 07:25 AM)

Trigun Maximum is the anime. It only happens in a slightly different order, with minor changes, like
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
So there really isn't that much difference between them.

Anyway, I really like Trigun. I wouldn't call it the best anime ever, but it is definatly one of the best. It has an awesome story with great characters. I have almost all of the Dvds, I'm only missing 3.
Animeluva13
hey j/w howm many TGmax are there?

o and loa i made that sig(not the FMA 1)if you want ill try and make you a funny 1.
Major Armstrong
Trigun's pretty awesome but it isn't "the" best anime ever. Thank god my brother's friend burned us all the episodes. I can watch Trigun whenever i want. Sucks that they took it off CN.
Animeluva13
ya i wish they kept it on there for a little longer so they could finish the series
or wen eva it ended
Legato
QUOTE(Animeluva13 @ Dec 6 2004, 05:03 AM)
hey j/w howm many TGmax are there?

o and loa i made that sig(not the FMA 1)if you want ill try and make you a funny 1.

There are four trigun maximum along with the 2 regular Trigun mangas, and I believe at least 2 are available in stores as of now.
Knives
Am i the only Knives here

Trigun is sweet its the frist anime i've seen i'm on Cowboy bebop and blue dender but by far Trigun Kicks asss laugh.gif
NightAlchemist
I love Trigun i saw every episode in japanese and english. The show has now been put back on [adultswim] it is on at 1:00 am and 4:00 am. My friend is now just seeing it for the first time and she is shakey on wether Trigun or FMA is better. wub.gif
Yamato145
QUOTE(Major Armstrong @ Dec 6 2004, 09:31 AM)
Trigun's pretty awesome but it isn't "the" best anime ever. Thank god my brother's friend burned us all the episodes. I can watch Trigun whenever i want. Sucks that they took it off CN.
[snapback]49525[/snapback]

I beg to differ ... Trigun is the greatest effing anime ... I know every episode by heart ... cuz it kicks that much ass!!! I have all of the trigun anime and manga and i got the first 4 volumes of maximum!
LOVE & PEACE!!!
\\\|///
happy.gif

QUOTE(The $$60 @ 000,000,000 M,Dec 3 2004, 08:25 AM)
[snapback]47004[/snapback]

the second half of the trigun anime is trigun maximum
everythng after the introduction of knives
but there are a lot of differences between the anime and manga (in the manga Legato lives!!! He still gets shot in the face ... but he goes around in a coffin still alive! And the Nine Lives is a little different)

QUOTE(Legato @ Dec 5 2004, 09:27 PM)
QUOTE(The $$60 @ 000,000,000 M,Dec 3 2004, 07:25 AM)

Trigun Maximum is the anime. It only happens in a slightly different order, with minor changes, like -Spoiler- So there really isn't that much difference between them.

Anyway, I really like Trigun. I wouldn't call it the best anime ever, but it is definatly one of the best. It has an awesome story with great characters. I have almost all of the Dvds, I'm only missing 3.
[snapback]49233[/snapback]

I thought there were 2 chapels? Wolfwood and his master? In the anime he was still a gung-ho gun.
btw could someone combine these 3 posts for me sleep.gif

Ailuro: Don't triple post.
~FMAgurl~
Why don't you just use the 'edit' button?
Anyway, I didn't know it played before. This is my first time seeing it. It's awesome! Vash is so funny. FMA is still my favorite anime happy.gif

EDIT: Nevermind. Ailuro already did it.
fullmetal_gradstudent
I just finished this one a few days ago and I'm still feeling a little let down by the ending. It's not that I didn't like what happened, I was just hoping things would be explained a little better. I get the fact that Vash and Knives are plants (like the creatures who power the lightbulb looking thingies) but I don't understand why they were running loose on the SEEDS ship in the first place. Where did they come from? Why didn't the crew just plug them into a lightbulb thingy for more power? If I'm just being dense and some gentle soul wants to take the time to explain it to me, I'd be very grateful.
GreedEnvyWrath
Trigun is the best anime Iv seen thuogh i havent seen Trigun max
BlackFangAlchemist
I LOVE Trigun but FMA is still number one in my book. biggrin.gif
empty
Yes, Trigun is awesome, there is no denying that. Its in a tie with FMA and Kenshin for me, but Kenshin is fading, as I haven't seen it in so long. Got to see Trigun during spring break, when I could actually stay up late enough to watch it, but I'd prefer if they'd give it an earlier slot, or atleast play it on the weekends. >.< *misses Vash and Wolfwood*
AlphonseRules
I'm pretty sure that AS is going to replace Trigun with FMA on the weeknights. That is a let down to me cause I've been watching Trigun lately and really started to get into it and now they are going to replace it with a bunch of FMA episodes I have already seen.
~FMAgurl~
QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ May 9 2005, 12:21 AM)
I'm pretty sure that AS is going to replace Trigun with FMA on the weeknights.  That is a let down to me cause I've been watching Trigun lately and really started to get into it and now they are going to replace it with a bunch of FMA episodes I have already seen.
[snapback]169225[/snapback]

NOOO!!! This is my first time seeing Trigun! And I actually make the effort to stay up til 1:00 to watch on weeknights. This sux mad.gif Trigun is awesome!!
Dreakon
Trigun kicks all kinds of butt! Vash is the man! wink.gif
Steel Alchemist
Uhhhhhh, I can't take sides. I like Trigun, that is as far as I go!
Maes-Hughes
SCARRRRYYYY
Luckyalchemy27
Lucky LOVES Trigun. It's my second favorite anime. Vash's voice is soooooo cute! And I love Kuroneko-sama. Kitty! happy.gif
AlphonseRules
I thinkt that Vash's voice sounds the best when he is joking around and being a goofball. He has the same VA as Kiba from Wolf's Rain.
DameGreyWulf
Trigun rules.
Wolfwood rock socks
He owns this anime
DarkBlade_Alchemist
I like trigun but its not my fav. inuyash and FMA are tied.

but trigun still kicks ass
StrawberryShampoo
@AlphonseRules- Yes your right it is the same guy.... I believe his name is Johnny Yong Bosch.

Anyway, I love Trigun. I have two Trigun shirts, a giant wall scroll that is bigger than me, and two Trigun pins that are currently on my FMA messenger bag.
~FMAgurl~
QUOTE(StrawberryShampoo @ Aug 11 2005, 12:46 AM)
Anyway, I love Trigun. I have two Trigun shirts, a giant wall scroll that is bigger than me, and two Trigun pins that are currently on my FMA messenger bag.
[snapback]248393[/snapback]

Obsessed? laugh.gif
~FMAgurl~
Terribly sorry for the double post, but editing a post that's more than half a year old seems pointless.

So Trigun is back! So far, I'm doing a horrible job at trying to stay up and watch it xD My plan of nappping in the day and waking up at night isn't working, but I'll keep trying happy.gif It was always one of my faborite series, but I never saw all of it. How pitiful. I had more energy to stay up when I was younger. well if worse comes to worse, I'll resort to downloading the subs. So are there any new trigun fans?
Celestial Shadow
Not new, not me biggrin.gif I started watching back in '03 but I love this series so...I think I'm going to watch it through AGAIN, but unlike you, I can digitally record mine XP
~FMAgurl~
QUOTE(Celestial Shadow @ Mar 15 2006, 08:19 PM) [snapback]363747[/snapback]

Not new, not me biggrin.gif I started watching back in '03 but I love this series so...I think I'm going to watch it through AGAIN, but unlike you, I can digitally record mine XP

Just rub it in tongue.gif I found some episodes on youtube, so I guess I'll have to resort to watching it there. Problem Solved =D.
Lust not Luv
Trigun is definately a great anime it really kicks ass. I would rate it in the top 5. Besides Vash has really cool shades cool.gif
DJ_Zephyr
Judging from the one episode I've seen tongue.gif it seems pretty cool. Vash isn't anything like I expected him to be, since he carries a big gun and has a $$60,000,000,000 bounty on his head. I'll have to start tuning in late nights to see what other crazy fights he stumbles into.

Love and Peace!!!
Le Monkey
How many of you have seen it in Japaneese with the subtitles, and with the dubb then?
I have herd both and much prefer the subbs over the dubbs..
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I love Trigun!
Also, since you guys are talking about how many episodes you got, just go to Index. You have to have macromedia flash player. It has many shows, like Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist. But most of them are in Japanese.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.