Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fides Fragilis
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Roleplay Community
Omamori
...and nightmares.
((If any of you are offended by Paganism or an idea similar to the Spice and Wolf series, turn away now.))

BACKSTORY:
In the country of Fides, Paganism, once the ruling belief system, has now become nothing more than a mockery, with Christianity on the rise, gaining more and more followers while crushing Pagan deities and materials. While there are few who still hold true to the old ways, they hold their tongues and bow their heads to remain undercover, away from the many eyes of the Church. Christians believe they possess the power of exorcism to remove demonic spirits from humans; Pagans disagree, knowing humans possess no such ability, regardless.
"That's blasphemy. Only the Dream-Eaters can do such a thing. And if they don't cease, we may very well be abandoned by them." ...So it's said by the remaining Pagans, anyway.
In this world, Dream-Eaters, Dream-Walkers...'Baku' (they have many names) are the 'exorcists' that dismiss evil from humans by consuming it within your subconscious. Demons can only attack humans through their dreams, and that is where the Baku come in, to weaken the demon, then to eat it, along with the poisoned dream, before the evil spirit can overpower and possess the human it came to ruin. Once a human is possessed, all that can be done is to wait for the body to die, and for the demon to leave it and jump to another dream, another body, for a Baku to do battle once again. At one time, humans did not require such assistance and were fully capable of taking on such monsters on their own, in their dreams. Lucid dreaming, it was called. However, over the years, the human soul has weakened, and their faith in the Gods and Goddesses of old has waned, along with their trust in the Baku who guard them. It has gone so far, that the Church has started burning Baku at the stake for all to see, claiming that 'they' are the 'true agents of the Devil!'. Despite all this, the Baku continue to do their work and watch over the human subconscious. After all, they existed for humans, right?

Now, the plot!
It would seem that, due to the weakening of human hearts and souls, demons are gaining the upper hand. One demon in particular, possessing eyes and skin as white as newly fallen snow, has made his rounds, possessing humans, causing them to kill each other, then leaving the body just before it dies, to jump to another, causing more mayhem. And, it would seem, this demon is strong enough to kill Baku, having slaughtered five of them within days of each other. The God of Dreams, a fairly weak deity who created and also controls the Baku, has gone into hiding due to this demon, and has assigned a few Baku to take care of it. They've been hesitant, however, considering five of their siblings lost their lives while pursuing such a beast. But orders are orders, right? Even if your life is on the line?

READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING, GODDAMMIT:
Pardon my French, but I'm very strict with these. If you wish to participate, OBEY THEM or you will be ignored, no matter what you post. You will not be acknowledged, you will just. Be. Ignored. Understood? Good.

1. No god-moding or rule bending. If you're playing a Baku, they are NOT immortal; they just have long lifespans. They CAN die. A demon can only die if it is still inside the dream when it is eaten by the Baku. Do not bend these rules, this is just how it works.

2. Nothing over PG-13, and I really do mean that. Profanity is fine, violence is fine...that's it.

3. Romance is alright, but nothing offensive or, as stated, above the PG-13 mark.

4. PUT SOME THOUGHT INTO YOUR POSTS. I can't stress this enough... I hate one-liners, I hate super-short posts that are only two-three sentences long, and I like knowing what your characters are thinking! Don't just describe your characters' gestures and expressions, actually write what they're thinking, give others something to work with when they reply back! I like to post in paragraphs, sometimes two or three, maybe more, so I'm super strict with this rule. If you disobey this one, I will probably skip ignoring you and just ask you to leave the role-play.

5. Proper grammar. I can understand some mistakes, and I make them all the time. But, please...don't make your reply a pain to read.

6. Don't kill off other users' characters without their permission.

7. Be nice to everyone.

8. Have fun! Mind you, this is a role-play meant to take place mostly within the realm of the subconscious, or in dreams, so it can get pretty crazy/totally insane. Remember, anything can happen in a dream!

Characters:

Name: Yukito Saitou
Alias: Yukito, but allows only those closest to him to use 'Yuki'.
Meaning: Depending on the characters used, 'Yukito' could mean 'traveler' or 'snow rabbit'; 'Saitou' is a Japanese term for purification, and it could also mean 'alike wisteria'.
Age: Unknown, appears to be somewhere in his late twenties.
Birth: December 21st

Personality: Rude, brazen, caring, hot-headed.
Strong points: Honest, emotional, strong, protective, determined.
Weak points: Cruel, emotional, combative, aggressive.
Class: Chaotic Neutral
Interests: Nightmare warping and consuming, swordsmanship, reading fantasy novels.
Weapons: Sleek chokutou.

Build: Thin, well-muscled.
Marks: Black, tiger stripes around limbs.
Type: Humanoid Baku
Origin: Japanese
Height: 6'0''
Skin: Lightly tanned.
Hair: White and thick, falls to waist, pulled back into ponytail.
Eyes: Completely black, red irises.
Outfit: Usually a black work shirt with a dark-grey vest and striped slacks of the same colors, along with a black-lined-maroon trench coat, black boots and fingerless black gloves.

Accent: Irritated, mellow, masculine.
Home: Fides
Family: Tuoni (creator), Archie Schatten (blood-brother through Tuoni)
Love: None
Theme song: Something - Escape the Fate
Other:
-In comparison to the other Baku, like his brother, he is described by Tuoni as being the most 'human', despite Yukito's dislike for the race.
-Although created to eliminate demons and protect mankind, he, for the most part, twists their nightmares until they go mad while also doing his job.
-He has no memory of his life before Tuoni created him. While he suspects that he was created from 'something', like his brother, he has yet to learn what, though this could be an act of denial.
-He and Archie are usually sent together when investigating a demon attack, as both work well together, Archie possessing the 'brains' while Yukito carries the 'brawn'.
-When battling demons, he uses a physical weapon, a sword, while other Baku use either the dream the demon is already residing in or their own weapons (ex. Archie uses a series of rifles and pistols that use dream energy as bullets).

--------

Name: Archibald Schatten
Alias: Archie
Meaning: Variation of 'Archibald', which comes from Old French and Old German, meaning 'bold' or 'genuine'; 'Schatten' is the German word for 'shadow', which refers to dopplegangers and, well, shadows.
Birth: October 31st

Personality: Childish, somber, apathetic, quiet.
Strong points: Warm, intelligent, curious, observant.
Weak points: Shrewd, distant, devious.
Interests: Reading, nightmare consuming, sleeping, collecting random items from dreams, clock making.
Weapons: An assortment of pistols and rifles.

Build: Slim and compactly muscled.
Type: Humanoid Baku/Artifact Spirit
Origin: English/European?
Height: 5'9''
Skin: Pale, near white.
Hair: Mixture of charcoal and steel-blue; thick and spiky; cut just below the ears with bangs.
Eyes: Completely black, red irises.
Outfit: Tattered, dark-teal overcoat lined black; patched black trousers; thin dark-gray shirt; fingerless gloves; crescent moon glasses perched on nose.

Accent: Coarse and monotone; deep.
Family: Tuoni (creator), Yukito (blood-brother through Tuoni)
Theme song: Secrets - OneRepublic
Other:
-He is really a Tsukumogami (artifact spirit), an ancient object that has gained a consciousness as well as a human form. Technically, his current, human form isn't his 'true body'; he was originally a pocketwatch, which he carries on his person at all times.

Alright, I'll start when someone/others join! smile.gif
The Mad Bomber
Here is my character profile, there are a few things I am unsure about namely the whole using the dream as a weapon part etc and as to how Baku`s are exactly created.

Name: Tyge Holt
Alias: Tycho (derived from his first name)
Meaning: Tyge, can be interpreted as `the mad` or `the raging`. Holt means `wood` or `grove`.
Age: Unknown, looks like a 13 year old child, in truth over 100 years old.
Birth: January 5th

Personality: Snide, calm, bitter, mature.
Strong points: Level-headed, practical, studious.
Weak points: Unsymphathetic, passive, physically weak.
Class: Neutral
Interests: History, human psychology and sweets.
Abilities: Irminsul (Old Saxon for `great/mighty pillar`), creating tree`s and roots as means of protection and attacking.

Build: Thin, sickly.
Marks: Scar across his throat
Origin: Scandinavian
Height: 4,9 feet
Skin: Pale
Hair: Black, short, spiking upwards.
Eyes: White, Green irises.
Outfit: Dark brown pants, black leather shoes, a white collar shirt and a drivers cap.

Accent: Blunt, child-like, high-pitched.
Family: Tuoni (Creator)
Theme song: Sonata Arctica - The Vice
Other:

- Originally a poltergeist before being created as a Baku by Tuoni, supposedly he died at a young age as his current appearance suggests.
- Bitter over having been abandoned after learning all the necessities of his new existance, distrusts other Baku`s to a degree as a consequence.
- Occupies himself doing menial chores for shopkeepers and other people when not charged with hunting demons, mainly thanks to the innocent facade he keeps up.
- Prefers to fight alone, usually pretending to be weaker than he appears, ensnaring his opponents into a trap with his ability.
Omamori
@ The Mad Bomber

Have I mentioned how much I love your UN? xD Ahh, Kimbley...
Anyway, Baku can pretty much be created by anything. In this world, all but a few were created out of thin air. However, the ones that were created that way behave as though they were robots, just doing whatever they are ordered to do, while the ones who were once objects or actual people, tend to possess more awareness. They can only be created by the Dream God, named Tuoni, and he only created them, really, to make his job easier xD
As for the dream energy thing, Baku not only eat dreams but they can also enter them and manipulate them. While a demon's presence in a dream can cause it to warp into a nightmare, a Baku can do anything and everything to the dream, and use it against the demon. I guess it's kind of like alchemy in Amestris, using the dream to attack the demon and weaken it. Hope that makes sense xD;

Ah, luverly >>; Seems my e-mail notifs aren't working *kicks Gmail*
The Mad Bomber
Ah, that clears things up quite a bit, I`ll merely alter the profile about Tycho`s creation then. The part about manipulating the dreams makes sense now, but I think it makes each characters somewhat unique according to how they manipulate the dreams, taking my characters ability for example.
MaiShadowAlchemist
Paganism!! O-O Mai is now officially interested...
Can I please join??!! (And if I can, first a quick question: can we have demons as well or just bakus?)
Omamori
Aaand now the notifs are working again o__O How odd...

@ The Mad Bomber

You're welcome, then xD And yes, it does :3 Some don't particularly like weapons, so they'll just use the dream while others prefer physical attack, or physical fighting, like Yukito.

@ MaiShadowAlchemist

xD You can join if you've read the rules and abide by them, definitely.

I'll be starting shortly :3
MaiShadowAlchemist
EDIT:

Name: Alice
Birth: November 17

Personality: Always speaking politely no matter who she is talking to, Alice appears to be calm and collected at all times; however, the smile is simply a front as she is actually is quite cold and ruthless. Being both cynic and easily bored, she enjoys chaos and...sleeping.
Strong points: Calm, fast and cunning.
Weak Points: Lacks interest, lazy and cynic.
Class: Lawful Evil
Interests: Sleeping, turning dreams into mayhem and vainilla cookies.
Weapons: Daggertail

Marks: Tiny black marks running from her back to her arms and hands.
Origin: English
Appearence:

Accent: Calm, nonchalant and polite.
Family: Tuoni (creator)
Love: Unknown
Theme Song: Sweet Sacrifice - Evanescence

--------

Name: Micah
Birth: October 1

Personality: Possessing a hot-tempered attitude Micah has the dry wit and sarcastic personality of a rebellious teenager. He always takes his often-maddening job with an uniterested attitude, claiming it's "troublesome" even when deep down he actually cares (usually trying to hide those feelings beneath a wisecracking facade of an adventurous tough-guy who would just as soon knock back a cold beer and light a cigarette, than battle demons and evil spirits)
Strong points: Physically strong, good with improvisation, lacks something called "caution".
Weak Points: Cant take things seriously, likes to stress people, lacks something called "caution".
Interests: Drinking, teasing people, witty rejoinders, cigarettes.
Weapons: Anything close at hand.

Origin: Unknown
Appearence:

Accent: Sarcastic, taunting and childish.
Love: Unknown
Theme Song: Lump Your Head - Hollywood Undead
Razzy
I'd like to join! smile.gif It'll just take some time for me to put up a character bio.

Name: Icarus
Appearance: this
Outfit: peacoat, black dress pants, black dress shoes

Body: thin
Height: 5' 5"
Voice: deep, but quiet
Personality: Icarus is shy and a bit skittish. He is cautious, and thinks before taking action. He will usually follow others instead of leading. He likes to be helpful, and will put his own life on the line for others. He worries over many things, and sometimes reverts to nervous habits such as hand-wringing.
Interests: Literature, psychology.

Abilities: When entering dreams, he uses his ability to transform (usually into animals/creatures, but he can transform into mostly anything) to fight off demons.
Strengths: Acts quickly in combat. Good at sneaking up on others.
Weaknesses: Wary of new people. Doesn't speak up when he needs to address a problem.

Theme: I Constantly Thank God for Esteban - Panic! At The Disco
Other:
- Was a human before being turned into a Baku, but not much else is known about his human life (he doesn't remember much either).
Omamori
@ MaiShadowAlchemist and Razzy

Alrighty, that's fine ^^ I'll start in a bit.
Kari_Neko
I wanna join! XD Oh Spice and Wolf...

I'll put my chara up within the next day or two, no promises since I have a refresher Earth Science course (NOT SUMMER SCHOOL! XD)
Omamori
@ Razzy, The Mad Bomber, MaiShadowAlchemist, Kari_Neko

Alright, here's the intro, then smile.gif
Oh, once again, in case they were overlooked, read the rules before replying to the intro ^^ I'm sorry if I sound rude, but I loathe when people decide to completely ignore whatever rules have been set up. Thank you.

Intro:

This wasn't the first time they had dealt with a situation such as this: A demon manages to slip through their fingers, evade the dream before it is eaten, possess whatever body they can find and wreak havoc... Yeah, it had happened a few times before. Baku weren't perfect at their jobs, after all; mistakes were made, errors, slip-ups... This was, however, the first incident which cost the lives of five of their 'siblings'. It had been a rather interesting experience, coming across the remains of a Baku. From the looks of it, a Baku's body, once devoid of a soul (did they have souls?), or any living energy, would shortly afterward disappear, fade from existence, leaving behind only the clothes on their backs and whatever else they happened to be carrying. Five such Baku had been discovered in uneaten dreams, just floating about in what was called the 'shared subconscious of man', disappearing into thin air one by one soon after their discovery. And killed in such a short time of each other...

"I don't think I've seen you this irate before, Yuki," Archie commented in a teasing tone while he and a white-haired man, presumably 'Yuki', though, if you wished to keep all ten of your fingers, you'd be best off to address him with his full moniker, 'Yukito', walked. Yukito didn't react to this, didn't even seem to notice the lightness in his brother's tone. Instead, he stared straight ahead, eyes narrowed. "He could have ulterior motives..." he finally murmured, speaking to Archie and referring to the demon. Archie, a slightly shorter man sporting spiky, blue-black hair, blinked and quirked a brow. "Could he? But what? Demons can't do much without a solid body, and when he does have one, he just goes on a killing spree." He shrugged. The two continued their walk, Yukito now unresponsive, lost in thought.

Evening had fallen just an hour ago, the beginning of their 'day', and, soon, they would cross the city limits of Fragilis. The demon they were assigned to capture had last attacked this place, and this had been where they'd located their most recent casualty, a cheery Baku who went by the name of 'Yue', who was found in a nightmare of some poor little girl. Why the child hadn't woken up after witnessing such a murder in her dreams baffled them. Perhaps the demon had some special ability? To prevent humans from waking once he invaded their dreams?

"Say...did the bastard only assign us to this case?" Yukito finally inquired in a rather spiteful tone once he and Archie left the outskirts of the city and now roamed the near-empty streets. What with the murders and such, it made sense that no one would be out and about after dark. As the two walked, Archie answered, running his fingers through his short hair. "Don't know. You know him, he doesn't really worry about us. Especially you." At this, Yukito's eyes narrowed and he snorted. He said nothing else as they walked, seeking clues of some sort in this now desolate city.
The Mad Bomber
Tailor Montgomery sighed heavily as he closed shop and turned to look at his occasional helper, who just finished cleaning the floor. Tyge, who responded with a tired smirk, pleased merely at the fact that the day was over. Tyge had come to depend on the work he received from local shopkeepers such as tailor Montgomery, who were always in need of a helping hand unless they had an apprentice already. He did not fault people for their ignorance, but he could forgive them either for it. After all the reason he was a Baku lied within humanity`s own ignorance and carelessness. Not to mention in times like these Tyge felt his facade harder and harder to upkeep, a demon had killed `Yue` as it`s latest Baku victim and Tyge felt he may be next. Was he frightened? Yes, he could not lie to himself, but he knew that with a level-headed approach he could tackle any opponent. "You can go already Tyge, IŽll see to the rest of it." Montgomery said, relieving Tyge of his duties. "I don`t mind..." Tyge lied with a straight face, he did not want to seem like a lazy employee at any turn, it was all about keeping appearances.

Montgomery stared at Tyge befuddled, who answered with an equal measure of confusion in his stare back "You know Tyge.... You sometimes act like your not a kid at all." Tyge forced himself to snicker at the remark and set the broom aside before walking out of the back door. Tyge descended the stairs of the shop and reached for his pocket for his sweets. Whilst starting to consume his favourite form of nourishment, he fell in deep thoughts. The damned demon was going to rear it`s ugly head sooner or later in some dream he would have to enter in order to do his duty. That insuferable Tuoni had actually taken time out of his schedule to give Tyge a heads up because he was one of his `precious Ž Baku`s. Tyge began strolling down the street with ponderous face, but just as he came around a corner he was faced with two suspicious looking men. Not only did they seem rather eccentric, but they appeared to be in a foul mood. Tyge could recall Tuoni`s words regarding other Baku`s in the area. "Be on the look out for your bretheren, once you meet them you`ll know it`s them." Tyge adjusted his cap as tough trying to cast a shadow onto his face and avoid recognition. Yet their sudden change in attitude told Tyge, that there was no point in hiding as they certainly sensed his presence as well. There was very little to explain how he knew, he sinply knew just by being near them and a single look at them had confirmed it.

"Ah bollocks." Tyge uttered just as he chucked another sweet into his mouth. He examined the duo as they approached, not exactly what he had imagined out of his `bretheren`. To Tyge they came across more as thugs or something equivalent of that. Tyge sighed and rubbed his forehead with a bothered expression on his face. "What are you two doing here?" He demanded to know, albeit he knew perfectly well why they were there. This was about `Yue` and that demon, who was clearly a threat yet now Tyge was not certain, if that word summed it up. Tyge silently made mental notes of the two, the one wearing the trench-coat seemed a bit more intimidating than the one in the overcoat, maybe their personalities reflected that? Truth be told, this was Tyge`s first time running across other baku and he knew that he should have been happy or excited to a degree, but nothing like that came to mind. All he knew, that the arrival of these two, things with this demon were not quite as simple they seemed.
MaiShadowAlchemist
Watching the cigarette smoke swirl out of his lips and into the cold night air, Micah frowned lightly as his gaze went toward the empty street and then to his watch. "Bloody hell..." He whispered, before he turned toward the crouching figure next to him "You awake? They'll probably be here soon" He said, but then snickered softly at the sceptical look the girl gave him. She was sitting against the wall, her light blonde hair falling in her eyes and her bare arms wrapped around her knees, but instead of being cold...she was just sleepy.

Micah had never really gotten used to Alice's strange habits, and he guessed she wasnt too happy with his recklesness and smoking either, but after a few years of being paired, they were the only ones that were able to work with eachother. It seemed pretty ironic that a boy who never was able to keep still, was paired with the girl that had a knack of falling sleep when left unattended...but since the other bakus didnt really love the idea of being paired with them, it seemed obvious for them to be together. And yet despite obvious differences, they had something in common, something that made good when it came to their work...when they were inside a dream, they were pretty much unstopable...in the literal chaotic sense. It was hard for Micah to get used to Alice's sleeping and eating habits -the amount of vanilla cookies she ate was just freaky- but to see her turning from a dainty always-sleeping girl, to a violence-loving killing-machine was pretty shocking...even for him. As for Alice, she liked Micah, he was crazy and reckless, which proved quite amusing when she had nothing better to do, and he had nothing against her love for violence...for some reason the other bakus didnt really like that.

Suddenly the sound of steps made them snap out of their thoughts. "Seems they are here....so let the games begin" Micah whispered while smirking, as Alice extended her hand and he helped her up, both of them walking out of they alley and toward the three bakus on the other side of the street.
"Greetings my friends...a lovely night to go demon-hunting right?" He asked, having no problem in interrupting the on-going conversation.
Omamori
ooc| I'll be replying/posting shortly, guys; got some drama to deal with first >>; My apologies. I'll edit this post with a reply once I get around to writing it, so y'all will...have to keep checking back, I guess xD Thank you.

EDIT:
Drama not completely dealt with, but it is out of my hands, for now =.=
...ANYWAY~
Here it is! ;D

BiC| Were it not for his slight claustrophobia and impulsive behavior, Yukito would have given the newcomers, whom, technically speaking, were his and Archie's 'siblings', a relatively calm greeting. Perhaps even go so far as to say that he was pleased to meet another Baku, having rarely visited with the others, save for a few, brief visits. Out of the five who had been murdered by the demon, he had only conversed in depth with a couple of them. Tuoni tended to keep them spread apart, perhaps to avoid sibling scuffles. He never knew what was going on in that man's head, which caused their creator to become a source of constant frustration for him. Anyway, had he not been a victim of such a phobia, he would not have reacted the way he had now: Startled and threatened. It was, however, Archie who kept him down.

"Don't do anything stupid," the blue-haired one muttered, keeping a hand on Yukito's shoulder. The white-haired one had stiffened, then, at his partner's words, snorted and mumbled something about 'not doing anything'. He stared down at the child, and recalled something that Tuoni had mentioned once, something about 'picking up a kid' a while back. It didn't surprise him that Tuoni had gone to the trouble of using a child, but it did bother him that it had been a human, or the remnants of a human. It was no secret in the 'Baku community' that Yukito had a problem with mankind, a chip on his shoulder. For one reason or another, he had come to despise the race for its faults and hopelessness, and often did more harm than good when handling their demons. He quirked a brow as he regarded the child's inquiry, expression stern and slightly irate. "You should already know, bozu," he answered sharply as he folded his arms. He wasn't sure what he'd been created from, but found that he had always been fond of the Japanese dialect, and often borrowed their honorifics despite their misplacement in the universal tongue, English.

If Archie were bothered by his brother's attitude, he didn't show it. As apathetic as ever, he himself was very much like many of the other Baku, in that he didn't really show an interest in anything, didn't give off any emotion save for casual teasing. He was pleased, however, that they wouldn't be alone in handling this demon; it raised their chances of survival. He released Yukito's shoulder and allowed his arms to hang at his sides, turning to address the other two. Archie didn't smile, nor did he frown; he was as expressionless as a Noh mask. He couldn't recall ever seeing them before, but it was likely that he hadn't met many of the other Baku Tuoni had created, so it didn't bother him in the least. "It'd be preferable if our lives weren't on the line, but what can you do?" he responded with a shrug. After all, demon hunting was what they had all been created for. No sense in disobeying orders, regardless of the risks.
Razzy
((Edited my post with my character profile.))

That evening, Icarus was walking through the streets as he normally did- which meant he was walking around as though he expected to be attacked any second, stealing paranoid glances over his shoulder every few minutes. Aside from his being a Baku, he usually had no reason to be so nervous. But this particular evening he felt his paranoia was justified, having just heard of a demon who was killing his kind (at an alarming rate, Icarus noted).

And it was this way that Icarus, while skulking around, discovered the other Baku in the street. He had never met them before, but he just knew they were like him. Icarus considered approaching them, since he always felt some degree safer around his own kind. 'There is strength in numbers,' he always liked to believe. Although he believed this, he approached with extreme caution, and it seemed his legs moved against his own wish to stay hidden. (Icarus noted that things always turned out that way; despite his wishes to stay away from mysterious people or things, he was always strangely drawn to them.)
The Mad Bomber
Tyge was slightly taken back by the sudden aggression by the white haired one, who, as he had suspected, was the more brutish of the two. Tyge looked at the baku with disquiet, truth be told he was not certain how many Baku`s there were or how they were created. What had been true for him, might not be even close to what applied to his `bretheren` regarding their origin. On that very same note tough, the blue haired one seemed more akin to a human sized marionette, his face did not even twitch as he spoke. Tyge had to admit he was a bit envious at that moment, to be able to face everything with such calm and without so much as blinking an eye. Yet then again, that would not work too well in his favor as he attempted to upkeep his facade amongst human beings, would it? The irate reply from the white haired baku came as little surprise, at least that one was a bit more observant than he appeared. The strange dialect with, which he was unfamiliar with, did not go unnoticed and a frown formed on his face as he assumed bozu was not a compliment. It was quickly becoming clear to Tyge how this tandem functioned in battle as well as in the world of humans, no wonder they were rather suspicious. One didn`t even bat an eyelash as where the other had some anger management issues, Tyge had not missed the moment when the blue haired man had placed his hand on the white hair`s shoulder.

The sudden appearance of the new duo from the alleyway startled Tyge, he had not thought it possible that he would bump into this many Baku`s in one evening and in such a short span of time. He muttered something incoherent under his breath before chucking another sweet into his mouth, this evening was turning out to be quite the troublesome affair already. Trouble was actually what this meeting on the street dictated, if they chose to stand out in the open, chatting so casually. Tyge had not spent all this time alone without learning the knacks of surviving and avoiding unwarranted attention out on the streets. His face turned into a slight grimace as he realized this, thus prompting him to turn to the blue haired man. "You can call me Tycho" He offered with an urgent undertone in his voice as he glanced around. "We shouldn`t linger out in the open like this even if it is nighttime. It`s starting to look a bit too suspicious to anyone still moving around the streets, I have a place where we can go continue the introductions."

He spared an evaluating look at the new duo, who had come out of the alleyway. He could not make much out of them on the mere basis of their greeting, by physical appearances they were older than him and they had a certain ease about them, which meant they were confident in some regard. Must have been nice having a partner like the nitwit whitey, but he guessed Tuoni had that much more confidence in him for his abilities than the rest of them. The blonde girl appeared far more innocent than she should have been for a Baku, she wore a mild smile on her face as tough she was some kind of happy-go-lucky type, that life had not smacked over the head yet. Her partner tough seemed far more real in that regard, a bit snobbish regarding his greeting, but again if Tyge knew anything about not judging a book by it`s cover then no one did.

A new presence approached them, it slowly crept towards them and Tyge could have sworn he was going insane. He turned to stare at yet another Baku, who was carefully asserting himself towards them, not too keen on making his presence known. Tyge sighed heavily, hoping for the blue haired one to accept his offer so that they wouldn`t garner any more unwanted attention to themselves. This scene hardly reminded of a family reunion, everyone was keeping their distance and speaking with well selected words, not something any friends would do. So how do a bunch of strangers suddenly start chatting in the middle of the street for no apparent reason? That`s not a tough nut to crack, if your some kind of fanatical priest strolling the streets at this hour.
MaiShadowAlchemist
"I guess so..." Micah mumbled as he shrughed carelessly at Archie's remark, almost as if unaware of Yukito's wary attitude "My name's Micah, this is Alice" He mumbled bluntly. Alice, on the other side, didnt seem to react much to the other bakus presence as the only thing that seemed to catch her attention -and amuse her- was the fact that the young boy was actually evaluating them.

At the arrival of the silent newcomer Micah looked at Tyge and then to Yukito and Archie "The idea of going somewhere else dosent sound so bad...it's bloody cold in here" He mumbled as he reached for a cigarette in his pocket and looked at the others, waiting for their answer.

The idea of meeting of other Bakus was pretty strange to Micah...he had rarely thought about it, and it was hard for him to decide how he felt about it...and if he even cared. He WAS sort of curious of what they were all thinking, and there were two questions he couldnt bring himself to ignore: How did they actually feel about the 4 deceased strangers they called "siblings"? Did they found the job as troublesome as he did?
In an almost unconscious movement, he turned toward Alice, but one again, her face showed no expression and he couldnt figure out what was going through her head.

Alice's thoughts were actually far away from the current situation, as by every second that passed, the girl was more convinced that all the chit chat was a serious waste of time. Even in her lazyness the girl knew they were supposed to be doing something...getting into a dream. And without any trace of that doubt, that bare idea was enough to actually make her forget about sleeping...
Omamori
ooc| I FINALLY POST YES
...This may happen a lot, so brace yourselves >>; And short post is short, my apologies.

BiC| Archie nodded to Micah and Alice, then glanced down at the youth, 'Tycho', he believed he was called, and blinked. He had the immediate impression that this 'child' was not as young as he looked, definitely not. "Lead the way, then. We don't need more trouble than we'll be getting tonight," he replied, motioning with his head for them to move. It was dangerous for them to be out in the open, regardless of the enemy: A demon could only manifest and attack them within dreams unless they possess a human; a human could see them out and about, and most likely make a not-so-difficult connection, which would definitely lead them to a burning grave.

For a moment, the blue-haired man shuddered. It hadn't been from the cold but from an unpleasant memory of having been the victim of such a 'punishment'. It was no surprise that he'd survived, however, considering what he was. Instinctively, he reached into his pocket and pulled out what looked like a silver pocket watch. He cradled it in his palm almost lovingly, as though it were a locket containing something very precious. Of course it was precious, the pocket watch; it was his true body. If it were damaged or destroyed, he, too, would suffer the same fate.

Yukito was quick to pull the watch from Archie's hand. He shoved it into the pocket of his slacks. "In case anything happens," he explained gruffly. It probably would've been a strange gesture, a mean one, actually, to anyone else. But it was merely the action of an older brother looking out for the younger. In this case, however, the roles were reversed. Archie didn't object. He sighed and folded his arms. "Fine." His eyes darted around until they landed on the third newcomer, the quiet one that looked as though he were hiding. Were it not a Baku, he would've felt alarmed (and Yukito would have most likely sprung into action, the idiot), as it was suspicious enough that, being around a group of generally 'strange' people, he was hiding. "Come along," he motioned with his finger to the newcomer for him to follow.
The Mad Bomber
Tyge seemed visibly relieved, that no one objected his suggestion. He had long ago realized, that he, who had no physical strength nor real means of retaliation in this world would have to make due depending on his wits. From time to time, he changed cities and painted his anew facade, to serve his purposes and to hide himself from the eyes of the church. He was the dirty street orphan, who shined your shoes for a coin. He was the shopkeepers assistant, who toiled feverishly to the late hours. He was the pickpocket, who moved unseen amongst the masses and was gone with your wallet before you had a chance to realize what had just transpired. The facade was sometimes different, sometimes the same and every three years the boy merely vanished from one city to appear in another. He might be weak in this world, but still combated his enemies in a way befitting his weakness, by shielding behind others and hiding his true nature. "Good, let`s not mince anymore words than we need to. Come on, follow me."

Tyge took the lead and headed for the nearest alleyway, he lead them across the alleyway and crossed the next street before making a right turn, he also increased the number of alleyways and streets they crossed with each turn. He made the group repeated the pattern four times over before heading straightforward. From the beginning he had developed a paranoid bent, he did not trust anyone to watch his back nor did he trust that he was not being followed. He eyed the streets they had crossed as they made their way across, he did not trust these Baku enough to know how to efficiently avoid anyone following them. It was nothing personal, he merely did not know enough about them to trust in their abilities. The surroundings around them began to look bleaker with every street and they were slowly approaching the slums of the city yet just before the slums Tyge stopped. They had arrived behind a two-floored house with a garden and surrounded by a fence of plantation. Tyge slipped through a small opening in the plantation and motioned for the others to follow him as he did not want anyone seeing them coming through the front door. The location was somewhat remote and everyone in the neighbor hood knew better than to stick their noses in other people`s business, which usually ended in a violent clash or an incident in equal displeasure.

Tyge took out a chain of key`s out of his pocket and opened the door quietly. He allowed everyone else to enter before closing the door, they had arrived to a small corridor, which lead to the main hall of the house. Tyge guided his guests to the stairs, which lead to a door and beyond, that door laid a modest yet comfortable apartment. The furniture amounted to a few chairs, a small table, a bed and an armchair by the window. The boy threw his cap on the bed before slouching in the armchair with a non-challant expression on his face as he eyed his `bretheren`. "If you are wondering how I am able afford living here, I don`t. I live here because I am allowed to live here by the old lady downstairs, but that has nothing to do with money, she`s a pagan you see.... And I saved her from a demon so this is her way of repaying, that debt." Tyge explained with a quirky yet awkward smile on his face as he placed his hand on his chest. "As I mentioned before I am Tycho... and you were?" He inquired hoping to pick off where they had previously left off.
Omamori
ooc| Once again, another delay, and I deeply apologize for it.
I'll be posting sometime tonight or tomorrow, just letting y'all know this hasn't died xD;
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.