Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *Legally* download FMA vol 1 in English from Square Enix for free!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
AA battery
http://www.jefusion.com/2011/07/download-f...mist-manga.html

Fans of Fullmetal Alchemist manga and anime, or one of the 14 other manga titles, will be delighted by this special offer from Square Enix Manga. You guys can now legitimately own a digital copy of Fullmetal Alchemist Volume One!

In addition to Fullmetal Alchemist, other manga titles that's included in this offer are Higurashi When they Cry, Hero Tales, Black Butler, Bamboo Blade, and The Record of the Fallen Vampire to name a few.

All you need to do is “LIKE” the Square Enix Manga's official Facebook Fan Page and the link to the downloads section will show up. As easy as that! But not all free are good, it also has downsides.

Due to some licensing restrictions, the offer will not be available to residents outside of the United States and France. The promo will be available until August 10th, 6PM.

I don't live in US so I can't download it, but for those who lives it US and France (Promotion for France ended. Sorry!), it doesn't hurt to legally own a digital copy of FMA vol 1. wink.gif
Tombow
Thank you, AA battery! biggrin.gif

Since I'm eligible (U.S. IP), I checked for more details. ^^

Yes, if you have U.S. IP, and have Facebook account, then
go to Square Enix's FaceBook page, and click on "Like" and type in security capcha word as shown on the window, and then you will get the link to Suare Enix Manga Store (for E-manga) Promotion page where you will choose Vol. 1 of one manga series for download.
Choices are:

* FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST vol.1
* Spiral THE BONDS OF REASONING vol.1
* YUMEKUI KENBUN:NIGHTMARE INSPECTOR vol.1
* PandoraHearts vol.1
* BLACK GOD vol.1
* SUMOMOMO,MOMOMO vol.1
* Nabari No Ou vol.1
* Black Butler vol.1
* SOUL EATER vol.1
* ALICE on Deadlines vol.1
* BAMBOO BLADE vol.1
* Higurashi WHEN THEY CRY ABDUCTED BY DEMONS ARC vol.1
* HERO TALES (Juushin Enbu) vol.1
* B.ICHI vol.1

You choose one, and then click on SELECT at the bottom of page. (Free download of volume 1 is for only one series. You can not get multiple series. )

*You must sign up for a Square Enix account to receive this offer. <-- you will be asked to pick your region (Japan, U.S., or Other) and then fill in other info to register for the site.

*This promotion will end on Aug. 10, 2011 18:00 (PDT).

By the way, you can only use this promotion ONCE. But, you can also READ chapters 1 & 2 of all the listed manga series above FREE as "preview" on the same site. (You don't have to choose one... you can read chapters 1 & 2 of all of these series.) smile.gif
Giii~
ummm i guess this is my first time posting here, but im not sure.
anyway, I had to write this: whyyyyyy only on US and France?? DDDD:
Tombow
^ It's your second post on our board, first post in this forum. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Giii~ @ Jul 26 2011, 07:54 AM) *
ummm i guess this is my first time posting here, but im not sure.
anyway, I had to write this: whyyyyyy only on US and France?? DDDD:

@Giii~- I have no information on that. tongue.gif Maybe France and U.S. are the test marketing areas and they are testing..uh...somrthing. XDD (No, that's just my wild guess and not really true. ^^) Anyway, legal on-line manga reading service is still new & developing, and hopefully they'll make this available with other languages besides Japanese, French, & English, and for more countries soon. smile.gif
Kirara
Interesting but since I already have the hard copy I think I'll pass!
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you for the news, AA battery! It's certainly good news for those in the US who would like a digital copy of volume 1. It's a good thing I have the hard copy (since I don't live in the US.) xP
SuikenNinja
Oh! No! It is an injustice! crybaby.gif crybaby.gif

It is not fair outside France and the United States can not download not_i.gif

Well ... will be a matter of time before any American or French kindly upload the download links ... T.T
Nefertekas
Well, isn't that just totally unfair? Humpf. I'll ask someone from the US to e-mail the stuff for me, then. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.