Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Do You Stand Politically?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(SailorSev @ Nov 30 2004, 12:29 AM)
If people didn't          before marriage, the need for it would be greatly minimized.

Ye~ap... if it weren't for pre-marital, I doubt abortion being a serius issue now, except, as Bacon and Quisty-Sempai say, for d cases...
Carnal Malefactor
There's nothing wrong with pre-marital sex in and of itself... the problem is most people who do it are kids and don't handle it right. I'm ashamed to say I wasn't really 'ready' for my first time... luckily the girl I did it with was.

So many irresponsible people nowadays...
Quistis88
Exceptionally irresponsible. In my local paper, I've read about this baby that was found in a trash can, and they traced him back to the mother, who was only 14 years old. It's absolutely ridiculous.
SailorSev
hmmm... disagree. I'm a staunch Christian, so I believe the Bible, which says that fornication is wrong; and I believe it.

If I didn't believe in the Bible, then there would be no point in worrying about abortion or abstinence. I'd have sex; if I got pregnant I'd kill the fetus. no point in keeping it. - hmmm... that doesnt sound very nice
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(SailorSev @ Nov 30 2004, 12:44 AM)
hmmm... disagree.  I'm a staunch Christian, so I believe the Bible, which says that fornication is wrong; and I believe it.

If I didn't believe in the Bible, then there would be no point in worrying about abortion or abstinence.  I'd         ; if I got pregnant I'd kill the fetus. no point in keeping it.  - hmmm... that doesnt sound very nice

SailorSev, you are SO my homegherl... finally! Someone who understands it froma Christian moralist's point of view!!!

T_T... Quisty-sempai and Bacon, like I said, I understand and respect your views...
Quistis88
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Nov 30 2004, 01:58 AM)
SailorSev, you are SO my homegherl... finally! Someone who understands it froma Christian moralist's point of view!!!

T_T... Quisty-sempai and Bacon, like I said, I understand and respect your views...

Yes, I understand that you understand. Don't worry about it. biggrin.gif I understand your views as well.
Bling_bling_Angel
*hugs Quistis* Now that's what I call a good debate person... Na~... Sempai wa su~goi!
Quistis88
Nah, I'm just good natured, I guess. biggrin.gif You don't want to see me when I get mad though. Kekekekeke . . . *hugs Angel*
Bling_bling_Angel
*hugs* Na~, you're still nice... *looks grim* And join the "YOU'D BETTER RUNNER THE MOMETN I GET MAD" Club
SailorSev
It's always the nice ones. ^__^

No one expects them to get mad, but when they do.... KABLOOEY!!
Quistis88
That's what my friends all say about me! laugh.gif

"Connie, you're too nice. Always keeping things bottled up inside."
"Yes, I can see it now. One of these days, you're going to murder a bunch of people . . . because they called you SHORT!"

What a troubled life I lead. biggrin.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(SailorSev @ Nov 30 2004, 01:25 AM)
It's always the nice ones. ^__^

No one expects them to get mad, but when they do.... KABLOOEY!!

Ye~ap... it's like Kimblee put his hands together and the result of it is you... biggrin.gif
SailorSev
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 30 2004, 01:28 AM)
One of these days, you're going to murder a bunch of people . . . because they called you SHORT!"

Isn't that the truth? ^__^ I pity whoever ends up messing with you when you get to the end of your fuse.

Still it would probably be a very promising and entertaining show.
Quistis88
Back when I was still younger and didn't want to control my "temper", I used to jump on this friend of mine who enjoys calling me short. And cute. I hated being called cute for some reason, probably because it made me sound too young. tongue.gif

Which reminds me of this one during recess at Chinese school (when I was still there as a student) and some kid came up to me an said, "Hi, babe." Let's just say that he limped away.
SailorSev
O__O kowai.. scary..

you sounds like edward with the short jokes. I love that. Do you pull random objects out of Malletspace to thwart your foes?
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(SailorSev @ Nov 30 2004, 01:38 AM)
O__O kowai..  scary..

you sounds like edward with the short jokes.  I love that.  Do you pull random objects out of Malletspace to thwart your foes?

*jumps up and down* I do! I do!
Quistis88
I don't have random objects, I'm sad to admit. But apparently, I can be very "mysterious". That friend I was talking about . . . he claims that I always disappear and appear out of nowhere. I could be walking behind him one moment, then 10 steps ahead the next. Maybe he just loses me in the school halls. I played along and told him that I had teleportation powers, and he said:

"And it's scary because I believe you."
SailorSev
bling - Awesome. I'm rather fond of wooden fans and wet towels(for flicking, hehehe). What is your weapon of choice?

Quistis - *snort* i think i like your friend; would you mind too terribly if I called you quiz or quizzy?
Quistis88
My wits. Apparently, I degrade people rather elegantly when I really want to, and my insults are always "good", according to my friends. biggrin.gif I know, boring weapon, but effective.

From time to time, though, I'm known to use my boots. One of my mottos is: "When all else fails, connect your foot with their shin."

You can call me whatever you want, as long as I know that you're addressing me. biggrin.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(SailorSev @ Nov 30 2004, 01:43 AM)
bling - Awesome.  I'm rather fond of wooden fans and wet towels(for flicking, hehehe).  What is your weapon of choice?

Quistis - *snort* i think i like your friend; would you mind too terribly if I called you quiz or quizzy?

laugh.gif Yeah, like Sempai said... my number one weapon is my tounge...
SailorSev
lol, my mother's favorite weapon is her shoe. She doesn't like pick it up and throw it. oh nooooo.

She flicks it right off her foot, and d*** she's good! She can make a shoe turn corners! and she's got killer aim. I think she's a little precog because she can hit you with a shoe right as you come into view... like she was expecting you O__O
Governor Schwarzenbacon
Way to derail my thread, ladies.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(SailorSev @ Nov 30 2004, 07:44 AM)
hmmm... disagree.  I'm a staunch Christian, so I believe the Bible, which says that fornication is wrong; and I believe it.

If I didn't believe in the Bible, then there would be no point in worrying about abortion or abstinence.  I'd have sex; if I got pregnant I'd kill the fetus. no point in keeping it.  - hmmm... that doesnt sound very nice

That's pretty narrow-minded of you. You're basically saying that people who aren't Christians don't have morals of their own... that's very unfair and simply not true.
love_me_destroyer
left/right: -2.75
Libretarian/authoratarian: -4.51
what does that tell you?
Oh, and the bible is nothing but a tome of hate and bigotry, in my eyes.
hitokiri
Economic Left/Right: 4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(love_me_destroyer @ Dec 29 2004, 10:28 PM)

You know, you're not impressing anyone.
hitokiri
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Dec 29 2004, 06:01 PM)
QUOTE(love_me_destroyer @ Dec 29 2004, 10:28 PM)

You know, you're not impressing anyone.

that and you don't dis the bible like that when bible people are around. its like wearing meat pants in an angry dog farm, all its gonna do is get your ass chewed off.
love_me_destroyer
lol i love to provoke people. i live for it.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(love_me_destroyer @ Dec 29 2004, 11:09 PM)
lol i love to provoke people. i live for it.

...must be a very unsatisfying life...
mei_tenshi
Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.28

Right there with Gandhi ^^'

And the Bible's an interesting piece of literature, however you look at it.
love_me_destroyer
*waves white flag* ahhhhhh! okay!okay! I'm sorry! i'll leave my neo liberal ideas to myself!
mei_tenshi
For what it's worth, you ARE pretty good at provoking people... ;D
love_me_destroyer
woot
Foolio
Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31

i couldnt really answer some of those questions tho, there was no "it depends" option biggrin.gif
Ryan227
Yeah an "it depends" or "neither" option would have been good tongue.gif

Economic Left/Right: -5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69

I was really suprised, I really didn't have a strong opinion on many of those questions so I kind of picked whatever on some but wow... I bet if I took it again it would be different.
Bling_bling_Angel
[quote=hitokiri,Dec 29 2004, 04:05 PM]
You know, you're not impressing anyone. [/QUOTE]
that and you don't dis the bible like that when bible people are around. its like wearing meat pants in an angry dog farm, all its gonna do is get your ass chewed off. [/quote]
*laughs* Well, I'm no Bible-thumper, thanks, but yeah... I'd back off if I were you L'M'Destroyer... rolleyes.gif
blueices
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.87

I'm with Gandhi, Yay laugh.gif
Le Monkey
IPB Image

my results were
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.77
drworm
Economic Left/Right: 5.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85

This seems odd to me. Being an atheist generally makes ione less right wing. But the libertarian I definitely agree with.
bryantq
i looked at the first page of that questionaiire and coudl tell right away a democrat wrote it tongue.gif

I'm republican, nuff said.
edsgirl
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian:-1.74

Nelson Mandela and The Dalai Lama are pretty cool! and yes it's obvious a Democrat came up with this thread! biggrin.gif
Gashole
Good for you, bryant. We should all be proud to be mindless right-wingers.
bryantq
dont mind me smile.gif i am 100% economically republican, and the other issues really dont bother me. i dont believe in social security or welfare, and i believe in gov't spending to stimulate the economy, and blah blah blah you know how it goes. hehe. There are reasons why im a republican and thats probably because im business man.

government is good at two things imo, 1: our highways and 2: our military. everything else is moot tongue.gif you're sadly mistaken if you think we'll live to see social security for our generation, and you're also fooling yourself if you think the gov't is doing whats best for your interests with the taxpayers money either smile.gif
be-i-ko-n
QUOTE(bryantq @ Feb 10 2005, 05:59 AM)
dont mind me smile.gif i am 100% economically republican, and the other issues really dont bother me. i dont believe in social security or welfare, and i believe in gov't spending to stimulate the economy, and blah blah blah you know how it goes. hehe. There are reasons why im a republican and thats probably because im business man.

government is good at two things imo, 1: our highways and 2: our military. everything else is moot tongue.gif you're sadly mistaken if you think we'll live to see social security for our generation, and you're also fooling yourself if you think the gov't is doing whats best for your interests with the taxpayers money either smile.gif
[snapback]110671[/snapback]

Too bad nowadays the Republican Party is less about minimizing welfare than maximizing corporate welfare. There's no such thing as a genuine small government republican nowadays. It's all about how many favors you can give your old drinking buddies in the private sector so they can screw over their employees and shareholders without being held accountable.

'Party of Personal Responsibility', my ass!
bryantq
Well, its more like, choose the lesser of two evils tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Then I'll choose the Democrats.

They might be full of shit, but at least they're not stunningly and embarassingly full of shit.
Username05
This link will tell you were I stand...

Link
eerabbit
goodness..that survey took out half my brain cells with all those big words, so the result probably isnt too accurate..
Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.77
ghandi laugh.gif
Sharingan Serpent
I don't really know...I really don't pay any attention to any groups...so I'd probably say 0 to all
Popogeejo
Lets see:
Pro abortion,
Pro Homosexuality,
Freedom of speech(to degrees),religon and all that Jazz,
Anti Racisim,
Right to Die,
Semi-Anti Communist,
Fully-Anti Facist.

I'm probably a Libral Democrat with some Republican stances.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.