Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Movie Spoiler collection! (without actually telling the storyline... yet. ^^) Warning! Please do NOT come in if you don't want to know any movie spoilers!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Sacred Star of Milos Movie > MiloStar Movie Spoiler Zone
Tombow
Movie Spoiler collection! (without actually telling the storyline... yet. ^^)

Please do not check under the spoiler tags if you do not wish to have any idea/spoiler about this movie!

Ed fans, be ready for Ed with "banana hair" (the way Ed's hair would look sometimes in this movie >.<)

Al fans, be ready for lots of "Al carries Julia" (not mentally, but physically) scenes!

Roy fans, sorry, but no action by Roy, AT ALL.

Riza fans, at least Risa got a bit of action, that's more than Roy!

Winry as an automail mechanic fans, at least she gets a bit of action, that's more than Roy!

Alex fans, sorry, but he is basically non-existent in the movie

Mr. Hawkeye fans, he is not the only one marking own child with....

Kimblee fans, you may compare and think that he can handle the Stone better...

Yoki fans, you may see a 'double" in this movie

Truth Gate researchers, you may get some more thing to talk/discuss about

Nausicaa fans, you will see visual similarities in some of the minor characters

Princess Monooke fans, the latter movie scene in this movie may reminds you of latter movie scene in Princess Mononoke movie

LOTR fans, "Throw the ring (I mean, .....) into the molten magma!"

Dragon Ball fans, here comes Super Saiyan!

Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro fans, yes, FMA Vol. 11 1/2 contains bonus article "round table talk from the movie producers" and in it they say that they had Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro in mind while deciding on some directions of this movie.

Suspense novel fans, you may enjoy the twists & turns in the storyline

Bloody/gore scenes fans, you may like this movie!

And, I don't think we need the spoiler tags for this one...
Anime action scene fans, you will be very likely to be delighted with this movie! biggrin.gif

And, advise to everyone.... studying the history and relationships between/among the three nations, Creta, Amestris, and Milos before watching the movie would be very helpful, and advised.... (I'm still working on the translations of the "Teach Us Instructor, Roy! -culture- edition" since my computer has the worst sound system, it's hard to decipher what's they are saying... ^^u)

Jul. 6, 2011: Added more spoiler bits. ^^
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you so much for the spoiler dump, Tombow! hug.gif

Ed...with banana hair!? WAT. xD ETA: Ooooh yes, I see what you mean! Haha! I guess Ed's hair DOES resemble a bunch of bananas! Haha!

I also noticed that there was plenty of Al carrying Julia scenes by looking at the various screenshots that have been posted here! xD And it's a shame to hear that Roy doesn't get very much action.

I'm excited to see the movie --I'm looking forward to seeing the action. biggrin.gif

I'm not going to read storyline spoilers, though. ohmy.gif I've never avoided spoilers in my life, but this time I want to watch it unspoiled. xP
Michiyo-
Thanks for the spoiler collection, Tombow! biggrin.gif I wish I could watch the movie, but unfortunately we have to wait at least half a year, until it's released on DVD/BD.

I'm sad to hear that there will be no Roy action, I remember that a scan of Newtype or Animedia that was posted here mentioned that Roy will be a main character in the movie, but it looks like they were wrong.
A2D the Colourblind Zebra
Thanks for the spoilers Tombow happy.gif

Aw, it's a shame that there isn't much Roy in the movie, I mean I'd accepted that there'd be no homuculi in the movie whatsoever for plot-disrupting reasons, but I at least hoped there'd be something Royai-ish sad.gif At least Riza gets a chance to outshine Roy for once. I'm still really on the fence about the movie, since I am excited to see what it's all about, but I'm still not liking the art-style and I don't really like Julia from first impressions, maybe I've just got sick of Alphonse carrying around the new female characters in the games, but I'll just have to wait and see I suppose. That being said, I am looking forward to all the past political-y relationship between Amestris and Creta, I love dabbling in pre-series so it'd be nice to see how much all my head canon needs changing ^^;
FirstMoon
Oh fine,I knew Roy wouldn't get in action since I heard it was a midquel and has new characters so I didn't disappointed that much.I'm not going to watch this,gotta love Edward but I'm fullfilled by his action and "adventures" and I don't have any time really.

Which is more scarier to me,I predicted this on Tumblr

(Also here goes to my dreams where Edward and Roy fight back to back dry.gif )
Tombow
@Michiyo- - I distinctly remember reading that article saying that also! mellow.gif
But, the explanation given somewhere in the Vol. 111/2 is that in this time line, Roy is right after that big battle with Lust and his injury during that battle were not completely healed yet. That, as an explanation, does make sense, but at least some fan-service with some Roy firht scene might have been nice. XP
His Name is Unknown
Forgive me if this has already been posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjZvtoAodJM

Looks to be about 4 minutes of actual movie. This is not a trailer, but a continuous clip from the finished film, so be warned before viewing that it does contain mild spoilers.
Tombow
Thank you, His Name is Unknown! biggrin.gif

That vid is a collection of clips from the early part of the movie, and the vid was part of bonus vid that came with L’Arc~en~Ciel's "Good Luck My Way" which is the main theme song/ED of the movie. But, I think the vid content suits this thread nicely. ^^

ETA: The Vid is now in Trailer section of the movie's official JP site also. ^^
His Name is Unknown
QUOTE (Tombow @ Jul 5 2011, 12:19 PM) *
Thank you, His Name is Unknown! biggrin.gif

That vid is a collection of clips from the early part of the movie, and the vid was part of bonus vid that came with L’Arc~en~Ciel's "Good Luck My Way" which is the main theme song/ED of the movie. But, I think the vid content suits this thread nicely. ^^

Glad this is the right place for it. I've been on hiatus from the FMA fandom since the conclusion of Brotherhood and was afraid I'd have been 'behind the times' with this trailer update.

Content wise, this looks promising, though I do take issue with certain aspects of the art style (especially hair rendering) and the 2D/3D integration on display in the train sequence. I assume this will be a side story spin off with little or no relevance to the meta-narrative...which actually suits my interests nicely, as it looks like I'll be able to include this film with the 2004 canon if it turns out to be a success.

I could never really bring myself to accept Brotherhood, but I did admire the fast and fluid fight animations in certain episodes (19, 53/53, 61 in particular). This film looks to be a mix of old and new, bringing back the 'traced' look of FMA1 while retaining the dynamic flourishes so notable in FMAB.

<Welcome back, His Name is Unknown! Nice to see your posts again! Just for your info we have FMA "MiloStar" movie art style discussion thread (yes, we noticed about the "hair" XDD) and we'd love to have your post with your thoughts and opinions on the art-style of this movie there! C: ~ Board Staff>
Tombow
Early Spoiler Collection: II (More bits and pieces of spoilers, without actually telling the storyline... yet. ^^)

Please do not check under the spoiler tags if you do not wish to have any idea/spoiler about this movie!

Melvin's jail break: 5 years of waiting. Takes that long to grow up.

Table City: Isn't just a town

Wolf Chimera: Is sent from Creta Army

Melvin's Alchemy: Right hand = Ice Left hand = Lightning

Brother, oh brother.

Sacred Star of Milos: takes many names

Bloody murder! Literally

Ending theme scene is a simple scene of running train with L’Arc~en~Ciel's "Good Luck My Way" ... but beyond the smoke, if you look carefully you see a building ... = Furer's official residence

OT: This is not a movie spoiler, but Japanese VA for Miranda = Tachikoma from Ghost in the Shell. biggrin.gif

...I will add some more later. smile.gif
RedAmaranth

On the matter of Roy seeing no action... Roy gets to the final battle sequence and literally does nothing >.< Well, he does SOMETHING but it's minor and is completely unshown. There's no point in him even being there. Sad.

There is a betrayal.

Someone is not who you think they are.

Once again there is corruption in the military.

There is a lot of blood and what could be considered gore towards the end.

Julia can use her green alchemy to heal.

The wolf chimera is from Creta. There are multiple wolf chimeras.

There is an issue (border skirmish maybe) between Creta and Amestris and Milos is in the middle.

There are several Philosopher's Stones used.

Several characters die.

THIS NEXT ONE IS KINDA BIG SO BEWARE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Julia sees The Gate and loses something. (I won't spoil what she loses though happy.gif)

There's more I could post but I don't wanna give too much away.

I give the movie a thumbs up. It's pretty good, though like everyone already knows, not a continuation of Brotherhood. It's basically Ed and Al interacting with new characters with some appearances from Mustang, Hawkeye, Winry, Armstrong, Breda. I liked the plot though smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.