Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 FMA Fan Fun Festival "FMA Fandub, FMA Fan-Concert" Vids/Music Flood
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Music
Tombow
ETA: FMA Fan Fun Festival is now closed. Thank you, everyone for participating! biggrin.gif

2011 FMA Fan Fun Festival on FM-A.com board "FMA Fandub, FMA Fan-Concert" Vids/Music Flood

Are you good at playing any instrument? Or, are you a good singer? Do you sing along FMA OP/ED sometimes?
If so, make MP3 of your singing FMA songs, or video of playing FMA music, etc., and share that with us!

# OST/OP/ED/Character songs from any FMA series or games. You can make your own arrangement, and also you do not necessarily play full song. Max length 5 minutes of playing time for each file.

* If you'd like to contribute a piece previously created by you, that is fine as well (but please don't enter the piece created by others XDD)
* All entries will be included in our 2011 FMA Fan Fun Festival Album.

If you have any questions for this activity, please post your question on FMA Fan Fun Festival thread (check the first post of FMA Fan Fun Festival thread for the activity # of this activity, and on your post please include the activity # as the reference) or PM Tombow with your question (please include the activity # of this activity also.) smile.gif

Dearheart
I wanted to wait until I had ALL my entries ready, but I'm too impatient. xD I'll go ahead and share YouTube linkage for what I have so far, and come back later when I've finished the other songs. (If that's alright!)

"Ray of Light" English Fandub
I wasn't crazy about this song at first; but when I took time to really listen to it, I was struck by the lovely harmonies and how beautifully melodic it was. And once I looked up some english translations of the lyrics, I thought, "Wow, there's some beautiful emotion in this." It's angsty, but also hopeful; and that's a mix I can never resist. So I caved and wrote my own lyrics. biggrin.gif

MP3 download: http://www.mediafire.com/?hswevc1z6y3cihe

"A Lullabye"
The song is actually "Beaming Sunlight" from the Fullmetal Alchemist soundtrack. I wrote lyrics for this tune in a YouTube comment box, and they stuck! (And got a ton of thumbs up, haha.) I've always adored this sad, sweet little piece, and it always sounded lullaby-ish to me. I like to imagine that Trisha sang this to Ed and Al when they were little, and before she died, she taught it to Winry so she could sing it in her place. (Wrote a fanfic about it, too. The plot bunny was too sweet to ignore, haha.) smile.gif

MP3 download: http://www.mediafire.com/?a84azgb1dob3p35

I've got more goodies to share, but for now, I hope you guys enjoy these two!
A Pierrot's Aria
I've commented on your fandub of Ray of Light before, but I'll say it again, I think it's absolutely fantastic! You did a superb job with the lyrics; they are written brilliantly!

A Lullabye is absolutely gorgeous --that track is one of the ones that I've always absolutely adored, also. And to hear such beautiful lyrics with it is really, really amazing. I seriously really love it. There's an amazing beauty and also a sort of 'haunting' tone to it --it brought a tear to my eye (in a good way!) Amazing, very amazing!

And on both your vocals are so lovely!! happy.gif

I downloaded both and they're going on my mp3 player with all my other favourite FMA music. biggrin.gif

And of course you can post your other songs here --I'm really looking forward to hearing more. You're spectacular with these fandubs/fan songs! wub.gif
Tombow
@Dearheart - Those are beautiful!
Your "Ray of Light" is simply fantastic, and "A Lullabye" is so touching! I can listen to them over and over!
I can't wait to hear more of your Fandubs! happy.gif
alphonseelric22
This is one I did with a friend of mine because we love the song so much. I sang as Roy and she sang as Riza.

http://youtu.be/dTCcEN6yC48

Also, the weird clicking you hear is us snapping XD
A Pierrot's Aria
@alphonseelric22 Welcome to the board! biggrin.gif

I love that song, too. So this was very fun to listen to!! If I ever tried to sing a Japanese song, I'd get tongue tied too easily! laugh.gif

Thank you so much for sharing it, I love it!
TheDrummerWithTheAutoMail
Dearheart: Both of those were amazing. Lullaby made me tear up actually. You did amazing.

alphonseelric22: props to the both of you. especially singing it in japanese flawlessly. Great job!
Tombow
Welcome to our board, alphonseelric22, and thank you so much for sharing that fandub vid! biggrin.gif

Wow, you and your friend sung this in Japanese! ohmy.gif

Nice job with Japanese!! I'm impressed! I enjoyed listening to it very much! happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.