Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pet Peeves
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Hole
I'm positive someone's gonna lecture me for making this thread, but with the massive amount of very pointless posts that have appeared over the past two days, what the hey.

I've made no secret of the first two things on the top of my list. Try to guess what they are. rolleyes.gif

Here's the rest:
- People who think they are cool because they do any or all of the following: 1)pierce their tongue, lips, nose, etc 2) tattoo themselves 3) smoke, do drugs, etc 4) use profanities 5) listen to punk/rap/hip-hop/anti-Christ bands 6) skate, drive faster than the speed limit 7) be anti-mainstream.
- Obnoxious people who make fun of other people for no good reason.
- Newbies who make a bunch of post (aka flood) on a forum within a few hours and then never post again. Not that I want their presence, but it would be even better if they'd never posted in the first place.
- Newbies with no etiquettes and make little or zero attempt to be liked.
- Newbies who think they're so interesting they simply start a bunch of threads.
- People with nothing decent to say.
- Whiny and self-pitying teenagers.
- People who are stuck in their own little world and do not even realize their ignorance.
- People who form strong opinions based on the little facts they know (if at all).
- Inhumanly tolerant people who defend the obvious evil.

And last but not least:
- People who complain too much.
Quistis88
Basically everything you've mentioned is a pet peeve of mine. So I don't think I need to list any more, really. Unless I can think of some more, which I cannot at the current moment.
luciferownsme
Pet Peeve...anything I deem idiotic...like people who call my art gay when there is absolutely nothing gay upon it
Ninie
^^''' I admit I'm guilty of having nothing to say, but all you said is so right. It's really annoying, people like that...
xrninja
- people who use "retard" and "gay" and "fag" as insults. i happen to know some very nice gay people, and my best friend's little brother is retarded.

- people who jump to conclusions (dad)

- people who use up all the toilet paper and don't refill the thing (dad)

- people who don't put the toilet seat back down (dad)

- people who come out of a test with you agreeing that "oh, that was SO HARD!" and get an A, whereas you get a D.

- people who come out of a test with you, and after you say "that was so hard! that's the hardest test we had all year!" and they say, "really? i thought it was really easy, i didn't study at all." and then they get an A and you get a D.

<---not bitter. at all. rolleyes.gif
Hole
I have a feeling you had Calculus in mind.
Quistis88
QUOTE(xrninja @ Nov 26 2004, 11:41 PM)
- people who come out of a test with you agreeing that "oh, that was SO HARD!" and get an A, whereas you get a D.

- people who come out of a test with you, and after you say "that was so hard! that's the hardest test we had all year!" and they say, "really? i thought it was really easy, i didn't study at all." and then they get an A and you get a D.

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN. Pardon my caps. tongue.gif

A little bitter towards daddy today? biggrin.gif
Ninie
Oh yes. Yes on all the things you said. Especially the first and last ones.
Artemis Winter
Pet peeves, eh?

-newbies with no regard for language mechanics
-morons who jump to conclusions
-people with no respect for those weaker/younger/different or those who appear as such

I could go on and on, but then I'd fall into the category of people who complain too much. ^^
xrninja
QUOTE(Hole @ Nov 26 2004, 10:42 PM)
I have a feeling you had Calculus in mind.

trig h, AP calc, physics, chem h, AP bio, AP us history. it's a history of idiocy and failure. the sad thing is, all of my friends are geniuses. they get straight As, take harder classes, and do very very well on tests. one of them took like, 4 practice tests for the SAT and got a 1590 on her first try. i hate them >P
Quistis88
Haha. Being around smart people can make one feel rather incompetent, yes, though I can't say I know anyone like that as of now.
Hole
For that reason I enjoyed the days I was in shelter classes. biggrin.gif
wolfi1412
Pet peeves:
- annoying people who just can't get a clue to 'stay away'
- when people used my pencil crayons and don't put them in the same order
- people who always "acts up" whenever we give them instructions
xrninja
QUOTE(wolfi1412 @ Nov 27 2004, 12:49 AM)
- when people used my pencil crayons and don't put them in the same order

YES! no one's allowed to touch my 120 set of prismacolors because they've been in exactly the same order since fifth grade. (and i've used them hundreds of times since then tongue.gif) bugs the hell out of me when the crimson is with the copenhagen blue and tuscan red is put AFTER raspberry. idiots.

yeah i know almost all of them by name, except the grays because there's french grey 10%, 30, 50, 70, and 90. same for cool grey and warm grey -__-;;
Carnal Malefactor
-Party line Republicans
-Bigoted, judgmental religious zealots
-Homophobes
-Sexists
-Racists
-Pro-lifers
-Sanctimonious flag-waving 'patriots'
...basically the whole Bush '04 voter base, really dry.gif
-Meathead fratboys
-Poseur teenagers who think they're hardcore
-Walking stereotypes of any kind
-Junkies
-People who wear shirts of classic metal bands ironically
-People who wear glasses when they don't have to
-Humorless schmucks
-Silver spooners [Paris Hilton type spoiled rich kids]
wolfi1412
that's a whole list of stuff....
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(Hole @ Nov 26 2004, 09:59 PM)
I'm positive someone's gonna lecture me for making this thread, but with the massive amount of very pointless posts that have appeared over the past two days, what the hey.

I've made no secret of the first two things on the top of my list. Try to guess what they are. rolleyes.gif

Here's the rest:
- People who think they are cool because they do any or all of the following: 1)pierce their tongue, lips, nose, etc 2) tattoo themselves 3) smoke, do drugs, etc 4) use profanities 5) listen to punk/rap/hip-hop/anti-Christ bands 6) skate, drive faster than the speed limit 7) be anti-mainstream.
- Obnoxious people who make fun of other people for no good reason.
- Newbies who make a bunch of post (aka flood) on a forum within a few hours and then never post again. Not that I want their presence, but it would be even better if they'd never posted in the first place.
- Newbies with no etiquettes and make little or zero attempt to be liked.
- Newbies who think they're so interesting they simply start a bunch of threads.
- People with nothing decent to say.
- Whiny and self-pitying teenagers.
- People who are stuck in their own little world and do not even realize their ignorance.
- People who form strong opinions based on the little facts they know (if at all).
- Inhumanly tolerant people who defend the obvious evil.

And last but not least:
- People who complain too much.

wink.gif Trust me... I won't preach... not if you've mentioned ever single thing I hate...
Hole
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Nov 27 2004, 01:25 AM)
-Meathead fratboys

Amazingly the best Calculus student in my class is a fratboy. What's the world coming to? ph34r.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(Hole @ Nov 27 2004, 04:55 PM)
What's the world coming to? ph34r.gif

An end.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Hole @ Nov 27 2004, 10:55 PM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Nov 27 2004, 01:25 AM)
-Meathead fratboys

Amazingly the best Calculus student in my class is a fratboy. What's the world coming to? ph34r.gif

Ah, but is he a MEATHEAD fratboy?
Hole
He says Dude and Sweet. huh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Hole @ Nov 28 2004, 03:24 AM)
He says Dude and Sweet. huh.gif

So do I...

Then again, I'm no good at advanced math.
Hole
And that's not supposed to be offensive. ph34r.gif
luciferownsme
I use dude a lot and I'm a year ahead in math...I hate precalc...here's a pet peeve I forgot: math you're POSITIVE YOU'LL NEVER NEED!

I'm gonna be a manga-ka of some sort...death to math.
Quistis88
I only say "dude" to provoke laughter, because people don't expect it out of me.
xrninja
i'm a californian, so i say dude a lot happy.gif;; i hate math to death but if i end up doing architecture i'll need the trig and calc. if you think about it, though, you do need all the math you learn. are you seriously going to be a mangaka? you'd better be damn good or else get used to living on the basic necessities of water, bread, and lettuce >_<
luciferownsme
Manga-ka or leech...*cough* If my manga-ka plan dies, I'll makes sure I get as far away from math as humanly possible anyway.
xrninja
that's what i'm doing! laugh.gif art school, yo. and i'm CHINESE, you know how hard it was to get my parents to agree to that (or rather, my dad)? he finally realized i'm too math and science stupid and that the only thing i'd be able to possibly excel in and make money off of is art. but i'm doing either graphic design, industrial design, animation, or architecture....because i want a job sleep.gif
luciferownsme
I'm pretty good at math, and yet I hate it...

I'd die in any job but one including art.

But being the thick-headed, too determined to get moving to remember which way she's been going type personality, manga-ka or bust! Nevermind I've lost Tokyopop Rising Stars of Manga twice...
xrninja
i think my dad would set me on fire and kick me out the door if i became a mangaka XD oooh, can i see some of your stuff? you must be good wink.gif

edit: found your devart site! cool!
luciferownsme
I dunno...I still need to work on my background and plots. I'll get there eventually...my dad says all great artists have to hit rock bottom before being famous O.o

http://luciferownsme.deviantart.com that's my art site(my actual site is pop-up galore sleep.gif)
Carnal Malefactor
Man... I wish I had talent...
xrninja
my deviantart link is in my sig....i don't update nearly enough though sleep.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(xrninja @ Nov 28 2004, 04:49 AM)
my deviantart link is in my sig....i don't update nearly enough though sleep.gif

IPB Image
'this you? You're cute... smile.gif
luciferownsme
I update insanely. One of the people who dev-watch me actually mailed to stop updating 5 deviations+ every day(I had way too much time in summer)
Hole
@bacon: ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Hole @ Nov 28 2004, 04:53 AM)
@bacon:  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif

What? I can't even comment that a girl is attractive in anime form anymore?

...This is what I get for posting on such an estrogenically charged forum... I'm going back to my sausage party. Hmph.
Hole
That's the downside of being a male. Or being the only male among a bunch of females.
xrninja
sorry bacon, but i guarantee you that i'm not that cute, i don't have red hair, and my chin isn't that big (<--fell off the jungle gym in preschool and bashed it in and i think i uconsciously overcompensate every now and then in pictures). the hairstyle is the same and i'm wearing that outfit right now laugh.gif i look more like sheska. but less cute.
Carnal Malefactor
Bah. women always denigrate their own appearance when they talk about it.
Quistis88
I want to see a picture of xrninja. biggrin.gif
xrninja
unfortunately, i'm very, very unphotogenic. that's another pet peeve of mine....i never look good in photos XP so i'm too ashamed to post my other ones.
Quistis88
That's all right, I'm not exactly the most photogenic either. I still want to see xrninja! biggrin.gif
luciferownsme
How un photogenic can you be? All myfriends said I looked like a man or fake in my DA ID picture ...though looking like a man was one part of my Halloween Costume(I'm too paranoid of stalkers to put a picture of undisguised me)
Quistis88
Time to bring back one of (Gas)hole's threads.

- Gabby girls who stop in the middle of the hallway to chat when they see someone they know, not caring whether or not there are people right behind them
- People who walk too slowly
- Narrow hallways

BAH.
Gashole
- Math
- Chemistry
- Lab
- Midterms
- Headache
- Throwing up
- My gd super picky instructor

Edit: I can't decide whether to post here or in the Angst Thread now.
Quistis88
When in doubt, go to the Angst thread.
Thievesvinegar
people who suck thier teeth. Annoys the hell outta me.
Ailuro
Pet Peeves:

- People who stare at me.. Because then you're drawn into their gaze and then you yourself can't stop staring, then it becomes a stare-fest. @_@
- People who keep doing things over and over and over again. Such as tapping a pen against a desk for the whole class period.
- Things that are uneven or not symmetrical.
- People who show off their artwork EVERY SINGLE DAY! I have one of those in my French class.
- Bad grammar and those who think grammar is irrelevant. Like the guy I sit next to in L.A. 10.
dragonofchaos
-people who do things because they annoy you
-people who talk so load that you can hear them across the room
-people who walk slow
-people who ask you to repaet something when you are standing right next to them or where not paying attention
-people who get mad for no reason
-bad anime dubs
-famous people who should not be famous in the first place

thats all i can think of right now
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.