Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fullmetal Alchemist unabridged (Complete) Edition: Vol 18 coming out on Sept. 22, 2012
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
DrakoDarko
GREEDLING!
YAY!
This means he'll get a new full body drawing and early sketches! Oh god, I'm so excited! >.<
Kirara
I was kind of hoping for Ling over Greedling but ah well, still a cool cover. tongue.gif
DrakoDarko
Art and sketches from volume 13!
Tombow
Thank you, DrakoDarko!
I love that Olivier drawing, and those sketches & comments! thumbsup.gif

Since I got few minutes to spare, here are my quick translations of Arakawa-sensei's comments. They may have a typo or two since I didn't proof-read. tongue.gif
(After you click on the below thumbnail to get the larger image, click again to get the full size view so that you can read the comments.)

Left page is near-final designs of the Briggs trio and Grand, Right page is the earlier designs. smile.gif

Link

Earlier design of Olivier looks somewhat like the mixture of Lust and Riza. xp I like the final design of Olivier. ^^
And, oh my, the name "Briggs" was created by typesetting mistake/misunderstanding! I've never imagined that! XDDD
A Pierrot's Aria
Those pics are awesome. Thank you for sharing, DrakoDarko!

And thank you very much for the translations, Tombow! I can't believe Briggs was actually a typo. laugh.gif
Michiyo-
Thanks for the pics, DrakoDarko, and Tombow for the translations! biggrin.gif

Olivier looks great, and it's interesting that Briggs was just a typo.

ETA, May 14:

The HQ cover and full cover of Vol. 14 are out:

A Pierrot's Aria
That looks absolutely incredible! This is definitely one of my favourite covers.

Thank you for sharing, Michiyo-! hug.gif
redon23
I donīt know if this information has been posted wink.gif

It seems Fullmetal Alchemist Complete Edition will have 18 Volumes, last one on sale 22th September.

https://twitter.com/#!/manganewsjapon/s...842365184253954

La version deluxe de Fullmetal Alchemist fera 18 tomes au final. Dernier tome le 22 septembre.
Tombow
Thank you, redon23! happy.gif

Yes, that's the scheduled date for the publishing of the last (18th) volume. I'm looking forward to seeing the new cover each month till then, but sad to see that will conclude in September of this year. ^^
DrakoDarko
Art and sketches from volume 14!
Ah, Greedling *__*
Tombow
Thank you, DrakoDarko! Nice!! happy.gif

The quick translation of the comment on one of the sketches.

I'll post the translations of other comments later. smile.gif
Michiyo-
Thanks for the pics, DrakoDarko, and Tombow, for the translation! smile.gif

Here's the newest volume cover:

Hohenheim looks great! ^^
Tombow
Thank you, Michiyo-! happy.gif
Oh my gosh, Hohenheim got the cover! I love it! biggrin.gif
Michiyo-
Here are the HQ cover and full cover of Vol. 15: happy.gif

v ETA: Tombow: Done. ^^
Tombow
Thank you, Michiyo-! I like that! biggrin.gif

ETA:
um.. Michiyo-, could you kindly re-upload the second image? ^^
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you for all the new pics and translations, guys! They're great. And I'm glad Hoho got a cover. biggrin.gif
redon23
Fullmetal Alchemist Kanzenban #16 cover.

Tombow
Thank you, redon23! happy.gif
This was a bit of surprise, but I'm glad he got the cover! biggrin.gif
DrakoDarko
You'll find the sketches and arts from volume 15 in this link, but I have no idea how to get them from there ._.
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/youzensai/10690641
Tombow
Thank you, DrakoDarko! I tried the link but my connection is too slow and it got timed-out. sad.gif
Hopefully, Michiyo- or some others can kindly check out the link. smile.gif
Michiyo-
Thanks for the link, DrakoDarko! smile.gif

I cropped the images from the site, so they can be saved now:

Also, here are the HQ cover and full cover for Vol. 16:

Tombow
Thank you, Michiyo-! I love Hohenheim's cover! biggrin.gif
The letters in the comments are small and hard to read. I will see if I can decipher it and put out the translations later. smile.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
All of those pics look awesome. I especially love the full Hohenheim cover. smile.gif
redon23
Fullmetal Alchemist Kanzenban #17 cover.

Michiyo-
Thank you, redon23!
Hereís the cover in HQ and the full cover:

Also, pics from Vol. 16:

I wonder who will be on the last cover.
Tombow
Thank you, Michiyo-! happy.gif

I love new full-length drawing of Bradley!

Here are my quick translations of Arakawa-sensei's comments on early drawings from Vol 16. smile.gif

Michiyo-
The last cover is finally out! biggrin.gif

Ed looks great. ^^
DrakoDarko
New art and sketches from volume 17!
Tombow
Thank you, DrakoDarko and Michiyo-! happy.gif
I love those original "rough sketches" of manga!!

And, the last cover is out!! I knew the last cover was going to be Ed (who else! XD). It's color-coordinated to match Ed's Golden eyes and Golden hair, and it looks good! I love it.

... sniff, I feel "end of journey" all over again.
Kirara
Alphonse is also on the cover on the back

http://ameblo.jp/harunoichigo/
Tombow
Thank you, Kirara! I love that. biggrin.gif
Michiyo-
Thank you, DrakoDarko and Kirara! smile.gif

I see future pics for the other characters as well. It's an awesome last cover. ^^

Here's the HQ version:
Tombow
Thank you, Michiyo-! Niiice! biggrin.gif

Waiting for the drawings from vol. 18 to show up. smile.gif
Michiyo-
Until now I only found the image of the third gift box for Vols. 13-18. Itís Roy-tachi! biggrin.gif

I really hope someone scans the new images from the last volume. ^^

ETA, Sept. 25: Another pic:
Tombow
Thank you, Michito-! I love that "Roy-tachi" box! biggrin.gif

Still waiting for the drawings from the last volume to show up. ^^
allykatty1
WHOOOAAA, so pretty!! I love it! biggrin.gif

Anyone know where these are available to buy online in the U.S.? I thought YesAsia had them, but I don't see them anywhere on their site now. O_o I could just go to a local Japanese bookstore, but YesAsia was always cheaper. tongue.gif Hmmm... I also must've missed where to buy those collectors' boxes. Anyone know where to get those? Did they come with any volumes inside them? Lol, sorry I've been busy and out of it lately!

QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Sep 13 2012, 05:14 AM) *
Thank you, DrakoDarko and Kirara! smile.gif

I see future pics for the other characters as well. It's an awesome last cover. ^^

Here's the HQ version:

Tombow
@allykatty1- So far I don't see any. Hopefully, some will find it and post it.
allykatty1
Oh hey, they do have most of them on YesAsia after all! They just weren't coming up under the search term "manga." O_o Though I still welcome any info on how to get the collectors' boxes!

QUOTE (Tombow @ Nov 5 2012, 05:11 AM) *
@allykatty1- So far I don't see any. Hopefully, some will find it and post it.

Tombow
QUOTE (allykatty1 @ Nov 5 2012, 10:20 AM) *
Oh hey, they do have most of them on YesAsia after all! They just weren't coming up under the search term "manga." O_o Though I still welcome any info on how to get the collectors' boxes!

LOL that's exactly what I was doing. laugh.gif
I think Michiyo- has better info on collector's box. Hopefully she can enlighten us with some info. smile.gif
Michiyo-
You could get the collector's boxes only from Animate, they came with vol. 6, vol. 12 and vol. 18. I checked the site, but it seems theyíre not available anymore.

Also, these pics from Vol. 18 havenít been posted yet: smile.gif

Front and back cover from this volume with Spoiler for last chapter

Full Cover spread from this volume with Spoiler for last chapter

Tombow
Thank you, Michiyo-! Love those pics! biggrin.gif

ETA: I just watched the last episode of FMA:Brotherhood again on Adult Swim this past weekend with the last scene with those "pictures" of Roy, Mei, Ling, etc....they just beg for gaiden. By now we know they wouldn't come, but we can always hope. tongue.gif

jonny
Hello, and sorry for write 1 year later from the last post. I'm searching for the 6th cover, that is lost in this thread:

QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Sep 21 2011, 03:47 AM) *
ETA: Sept. 22.
Vol. 6 cover in HQ:

Also, if it is posible the fullcover images. When I click them I get this error: "Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again." From these post:

QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Nov 1 2011, 04:01 AM) *

QUOTE (DrakoDarko @ Feb 2 2012, 01:46 AM) *
Yay, first post after some lurking around XD
Full covers of volumes 1-7!
These were posted here some time ago, but I found larger versions and thought I'd share them *v* Hope it's okay.

Thanks in advance.
Michiyo-
Iíve reuploaded those images, hopefully they wonít be lost again. smile.gif

jonny
Thank you Michiyo- for reup all these images biggrin.gif

PD: there are no more full covers from other volumes?
Michiyo-
All the available covers and images are collected in the first post of this thread.
Unfortunately I donít have Vol. 8-18 full covers in HQ, just those small images you can find in the first post.
jonny
Thank you for the answer Michiyo-
rzerox21xx
So yeah I love the new covers I like the photos of Roy working, Ling as emperor, and May. however whats the story of that baby and I see a set of toddler feet in that photo. Are those suppose to be Ed and Winry's children in that photo?
Michiyo-
QUOTE (rzerox21xx @ Feb 10 2014, 11:48 PM) *
So yeah I love the new covers I like the photos of Roy working, Ling as emperor, and May. however whats the story of that baby and I see a set of toddler feet in that photo. Are those suppose to be Ed and Winry's children in that photo?

I think yes, because the other photos are also supposed to be taken after the end of the manga.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.