Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anime North (any year)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Conventions and Cosplays
A Pierrot's Aria
Please post your Anime North, stories and reports (from any year) and discussions here! happy.gif
Little Washu
I was just about to make a topic for this, lol.

AN is but a little over a week away~ It's my 3rd year going~
I'm pretty excited. Those who've been there will understand when I say: Watch out for cars.
Anyone else going?
Envy's Lady
I live in Toronto...so yep, I was there! I'll be going back tomorrow.

I didn't cosplay on Friday(it was kind of nasty outside) but I did dress up in my Envy outfit today and I plan to do it again tomorrow.

I should have gotten contact info of more FMA people I ran into. I'm too shy. laugh.gif

Pics of me were taken but I haven't found any of them yet. lol. I don't think many pics from the con this year have been uploaded yet.
Little Washu
I was there~ Man, I was FLOCKED to.

One person would ask "Can I have a pic?" And then suddenly, 5 more people spawn and I have my own impromptu photoshoot.
COULD NOT RUSH ANYWHERE LOL.
But I'm happy people liked it so much c:
Envy's Lady
QUOTE (Little Washu @ May 29 2011, 10:32 PM) *
I was there~ Man, I was FLOCKED to.

One person would ask "Can I have a pic?" And then suddenly, 5 more people spawn and I have my own impromptu photoshoot.
COULD NOT RUSH ANYWHERE LOL.
But I'm happy people liked it so much c:

Haha, the same thing happened to me. XD

Like one time I was posing and people were taking pics and as they finished someone else had already started to take a pic...so I felt like I was holding the pose forever(I swear at least 15 people came by and took a photo while I was posing)....and I was crouched and it was starting to feel a little painful. LOL.

I also got hugged by someone without him asking and he went "Mmmm." as he did so. o_o

There was also a guy who took my picture and afterwards said "Awesome make-up." and he was talking about the birthmark on my face and I was just like "It's not make-up...it's really a part of my face." He said "Wow you really got burned?" Then I told him I was born with it. LOL.

Also on the way home from the con on Saturday I was sitting in the car while my dad went into a Tim Hortons and some older guy walked past the car and did a double-take...like he passed by....then came back to take another look at what he saw....and when he came back I moved in my seat a little and he was like "Whoa that's a real woman!" He said it so loud that I heard him clearly even though the windows and everything were rolled up.

He thought I wasn't a real human being. LMAO. He must have thought I was some kind of mannequin/plastic model/life-size doll.

EDIT:

Here are some professional pictures that were taken of me at Anime North by The Enthusiasts(name of group who took them). The Envy plush in some of the pictures with me was made for me by: http://erro-meatbun.deviantart.com/

Little Washu
I meant to go to the professional photoshoot thing, but my friend and I couldn't find it >.o

I've yet to find any pics of myself, but then again, I'm not particularly 'trying'. I would prefer to just happen upon them lol. I'll just keep an eye on the Touhou albums on dA for a while lol.
Envy's Lady
QUOTE (Little Washu @ May 30 2011, 03:58 PM) *
I meant to go to the professional photoshoot thing, but my friend and I couldn't find it >.o

I've yet to find any pics of myself, but then again, I'm not particularly 'trying'. I would prefer to just happen upon them lol. I'll just keep an eye on the Touhou albums on dA for a while lol.

That's interesting because a lot of people really try hard to find their pics. XD

Anyway, the photo both thing was at the Double Tree when you went to the back entrance near the parking lot and then up the stairs inside the hotel. Some panels were held up there too. I went to the FMA panel up there.
Little Washu
I normally would, but there are a lot of pics to search through @_@ And watching through YouTube videos is tedious >.>
Had I made it Friday, I could have gone to the Touhou photoshoot and got pics >.o This is what I get for cosplaying non-popular characters OTL
I think most people took my picture cuz I carried a GIANT scythe with me xD

Ah, I see. The guy who gave us the cards said it was in the dealers room... well, maybe next con lol.
Envy's Lady
QUOTE (Little Washu @ May 31 2011, 03:42 PM) *
I normally would, but there are a lot of pics to search through @_@ And watching through YouTube videos is tedious >.>
Had I made it Friday, I could have gone to the Touhou photoshoot and got pics >.o This is what I get for cosplaying non-popular characters OTL
I think most people took my picture cuz I carried a GIANT scythe with me xD

Ah, I see. The guy who gave us the cards said it was in the dealers room... well, maybe next con lol.

Yeah looking through all the pics getting uploaded from the con is tedious...but at least I get to see other cool cosplays while looking through them to try to find pics of mine.
Little Washu
And I have found one! Off to the left is my friend Autumn cosplaying as Black Star from Soul Eater~ It was a little rush in the morning, but we pulled it together~

And then myself on the right as Komachi Onozuka from Touhou Project~

(Photo by the amazing Jerry Fei)
Envy's Lady
You look very pretty. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.