Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA Map: City/town master list
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Operation "FMA Info Shrine"
Tombow
The goal here is to create a master map of Amestris/complete list of all Amestris Cities/towns ever known.

Please post city/town names and locations, and if little known city/town then in which chapter/episode that name was mentioned.
Archeia
This guy pretty much looked over milos and brotherhood: http://postermasterchef.deviantart.com

Archeia

WARNING! NOT ALL DATA IN THE MAP ARE CORRECTED, FIRST READ BELOW

This is the second map of Amestris that I've done, updated, revised and corrected.
As with the first one I took pictures from the episodes: 32, 35, 43, 5, and merged the various information.
I added a few names of cities, I changed the names of two cities (Cameron and Fisk) because I realized that I swapped them in the alchemical circle of the state. plus I added some small towns you see in the image of the episodes and I added some dotted lines that I think are the sub-regional boundaries.
To view the images from which I drew the map you can see "Images for New Amestris Road Map" http://fav.me/d349weu

DESCRIPTION OF FORM IN MAP UPDATED:
Below is a complete list of city names entered and where they came from (some city names or their positions I've put forward by the images of Ep .35, visible in "New Image for Amestris Roadmap")

CORRECT NAMES
Central City: Obvious
South City: Obvious (even the circle of transmutation of Ep. 35)
West City: Obvious
North City: Obvious
East City: Obvious
Liore: the circle of transmutation of Ep. 35 and the map of the manga (which is called Reole, however I kept the name of the cartoon)
New Optain: the map of the manga
Yous Well: the map of the manga
Resembool: the map of the manga
Rush Valley: the map of the manga
Dublith: the map of the manga
Fotcett: the circle of transmutation of Ep. 35
Wellesley: the circle of transmutation of Ep. 35
Pendleton: the circle of transmutation of Ep. 35

Riviere: the circle of transmutation of Ep. 35
Cameron: the circle of transmutation of Ep. 35
Fisk: the circle of transmutation of Ep. 35
Ishval: the circle of transmutation of Ep. 35

POSSIBLE NAMES
Posterim: inferred from images of the map of Ep. 35
Conolo: inferred from images of the map of Ep. 35
Monmort: inferred from images of the map of Ep. 35
Vectora: inferred from images of the map of Ep. 35

ALL OTHER NAMES OF THE CITIES ARE INVENTED, for distinguish from the correct names are written in dark gray rather than black.

NAMES THAT I HAVEN'T INCLUDED
Briggs: the circle of transmutation of Ep. 35
Easthert: inferred from images of the map of Ep. 35
Farybert: inferred from images of the map of Ep. 35

OTHER INFORMATION
In the boxes on the sides of the map I included some information I know, and I assumed the other:
I've approximated the density of population from that of European countries of early '900.
From the density I calculated the surface of the state, knowing that the inhabitants are about 50 million.
I calculated the distance from the surface from one end of the state (about 500km) and I have arranged the distance scale (I assumed that they use the metric system).
I assumed that the country's official language is English, because all is written in that language.
I have included in this latest version some dotted lines (seen in the images of the anime) that I think are sub-regional boundaries, there are also two dotted lines through the entire map that start from the south of South City, I honestly have no idea what they can be...
In the latest version I have also added Ishval. http://heironeus001.deviantart.com/ indicated me he've seen her position in episode 5 (for that I thank him very much! ), but I preferred to keep the location pointed in the episode 35, in order to drawn the National Trasmutation Circle.

If you notice errors or discrepancies please inform me, pointing to the episode where I can find the correct information, and if you give me the name of a city, please tell me the fake name I've put in the map.
THANK YOU ALL FOR WATCHING AND FOR ANY HELP!!
Merlyn LeRoy
QUOTE (Archeia @ Sep 20 2011, 10:28 AM) *
I've approximated the density of population from that of European countries of early '900.
From the density I calculated the surface of the state, knowing that the inhabitants are about 50 million.
I calculated the distance from the surface from one end of the state (about 500km) and I have arranged the distance scale (I assumed that they use the metric system).

I think you can better approximate the diameter of Amestris by considering that it's shown to be about the size of the moon's umbra during a solar eclipse, and the moon's maximum umbra is about 268 kilometers across. If you change your distance scale to be 0 to 60 km instead of 0 to 120 km (same size), that would be about right. But the population density ends up being about 800/km^2, more than twice current-day England, which is about the densest population in Europe now.
Archeia
Hello Merlyn~ I told the maker about what you said and he said,
I checked and he's right! There are only two possibilities: the moon is bigger (or closer), or they've miscalculated while creating the series...
what can I do with the map? if I correct the size of country people density will blow...
Merlyn LeRoy
I don't think the population density is terribly unreasonable, because Father has been planning to turn the entire population into a gigantic Philosopher's stone for 400 years, and has been controlling Amestris pretty much that entire time, and he would probably WANT the population to be as large as possible, using whatever methods over the last few centuries to encourage immigration and large families, just as he controlled the expansion of its borders for his purposes. So twice the population density of the UK is ok by me.
BlackCarson
I know I sound stupid, but maybe the moon really is bigger/closer: I noticed in a lot of Brotherhood episodes that the moon is way too big to be "our" moon...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.