Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vol. 11 1/2 with FMA chapter 45.5 "Brief Moment" (see first post for info on Raw & translations)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2
FirstMoon
Scans are posted by RedAmaranth here (chapter 45.5) and here (rest of the pages)

Translation of chapter 45.5 by Tombow is posted here.

Source : animenews network

Content from the source

Japanese moviegoers who see this year's Fullmetal Alchemist: Milos no Sei-Naru Hoshi will receive the "11.5th volume" of Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist manga, while supplies last. Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 11.5 ~Tabidachi no Mae ni~ (Fullmetal Alchemist #11.5 Before Embarking on the Journey) will include a new story drawn by Arakawa herself.

The film will open in Japan on July 2, and advance tickets have been on sale since last November. As of this month, buyers of the third round of advance tickets will now receive a 13-page original school calendar with illustrations by Arakawa.

In addition, people who bring the 27th and final manga volume when they buy the advance ticket will receive a special board (shikishi) illustrated by Arakawa, as well as the opportunity to have their manga volume's "Memorial Stamp Page" imprinted with the "Hagaren Memorial Stamp." The manga ended in Square Enix's Shonen Gangan magazine last June, and over 50 million copies of the manga have been published.

A similar manga present promotion was held for the One Piece Film Strong World film in 2009.

And this is the part from Tombow's translation

QUOTE (Tombow @ May 10 2011, 07:01 AM) *
ETA:
Ok, after taking eternity ( = hours xp) to load official JP site, I got it.
2011.05.10 超絶スペシャル来場者特典決定!! 「鋼の錬金術師 第11.5巻 ~旅立ちの前に~」先着でプレゼント!

映画を観にきてくださる方への感謝をこめて、荒川弘先生が特別に描き下ろした
『鋼』最新作収録のスペシャルコミックス「鋼の錬金術師 第11.5巻 ~旅立ちの前に~」、制作&プレゼント決定!!

劇場で映画をご覧になって下さった皆様だけに贈る、プレミアムな特典をお見逃しなく。

詳細は随時アップしますので乞うご期待!

This will be a bonus gift to people who actually come to the movie theater to watch this movie, and it's first come first served, and this will be a new FMA short story (Volume 11 and half, and the title as reported by ANN above ^^), and the news is saying that it has been decided to produce this and give this away as a bonus gift, and we have to wait for further info on this, it says. smile.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Amber1003 shared an advertisement of Volume 11.5. I have no idea if it has any new/interesting info on it or even if it's actually readable (some of the text looks titchy to me xP), but I thought I'd bring it to attention here anyway. ohmy.gif (Many thanks to Amber1003! hug.gif )

Tombow
Thank you, A Pierrot's Aria, and thank you, Amber1003 for the scan! biggrin.gif

Looks like the ad is a collage of panels from the FMA vol. 11 1/2. I see one part of the story is Ed helping around in town by fixing stuff for people, and another part is Ed visiting Havoc who is in the hospital.

<Possible "FMA Sacred Star of Milos" movie spoiler below> (highlight to read spoiler)
And, one panel (bottom right panel on the posted scanned promo/ad page) shows someone whom I think is Melvin, and my guess is that this panel is from the part he reads some news and then decides to break out the prison. The panel shows Melvin saying: (Big "Milos" movie spoiler--->>>>)"Julia... and then "I have to go [there]." So, he probably read about the news that Julia was captured and that prompts him to escape from the prison and heads for Milos.

The ad also says there will be 4 koma omake also. smile.gif

OT: *Reads Amber's DA journal* Aha, she is also discovering, from captions on the cover of this month's (upcoming) GanGan mag, that the FMA "Prototype" is not the story about Ed and the flying squirrel, and wondering what this is about. (...we're in the same boat XD)
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you Tombow!! x3 hug.gif

I was wondering who the heck that was supposed to be in the image on the bottom right. xP

I'd so love to have this volume! laugh.gif Anyone going to Japan before the movie airs? Smuggle me in with your luggage, please. I'll then figure out how to sneak into the theatre. xD! <.< <.> >.>
Dark-Winds
This is awesome biggrin.gif I'm looking forward to hearing more about this! It looks like it could be interesting smile.gif

I like the random guy with the Al plushie in the top right hand corner on the other page lol I have the same one.
hilary
thanks a lot!!A Pierrot's Aria~~XDD
This picture is come from 2ch
And I'm soo looking forward that someone will share the story to us ~
Schnabeltier
Oh, I wasn't expecting anything like this at all! I'm really excited for this and hopefully the wait for it will be worth it. I wonder what's in it ohmy.gif I don't want to expect too much though, so I won't be disappointed. What's another month or two, right? tongue.gif
Michiyo-
Here’s a clear scan of that Vol. 11.5 ad, scanned and posted by hilary here:

Also, the color title page of the FMA manga Prototype had a pic of the cover:

A Pierrot's Aria
Awesome!! I was hoping there'd be a clearer scan! biggrin.gif And that cover looks brilliant!

Thanks, Michiyo- and thank you to hilary for scanning! hug.gif
allykatty1
Ooooh, now I think I might actually be more excited about this manga add-on than the actual movie, LOL!!! HEY, I see Ling and Lan Fan in the upper right corner of the cover - that's more like it! biggrin.gif I wonder how long it will be?? It would be pretty awesome if it was really the length of 1/2 of a manga volume, but that's probably hoping for too much, haha... and if it had lots of other little things going on (like the Havoc bit) that actually add to the manga story and not just the movie plot. Do hope someone scanlates it as soon as possible. smile.gif
AA battery
If I live in Japan, I'd totally go watch the movie TWICE just for 2 of these volume 11.5! Not really interested in the movie itself tbh, it feels like one of those Dragon Ball Z movies lol.
Tombow
Thank you, Michiyo- for better quality scan and the cover pic! (Thank you, hilary for scanning! ^^)

I love the cover of Vol. 11 1/2, and surprised that it actually looks like FMA Vol. book! Now I really really want it!!!
Yap, if I were in Japan, I would go to the movie several times just to get the Vol. books, so that I can share with my friends! ^^

Also, since we got better quality scan of Vol. 11 1/2 ad, here is what the bubbles are saying in the panels:
<Warning! Bottom Right panel contains possible FMA Sacred Star of Milos movie spoiler!>
(After click on thumbnail, click again on + to enlarge to full size)

(I don't have the right program nor the correct font on this computer, so please don't mind the bad editing, kay? XD)
EdokunEdo
Thanks tombow biggrin.gif Although i am trying to figure outt he bottom right panel and where that fits into the story
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you for translating the dialogue, Tombow! happy.gif

It's nice to see what seems to be interaction between Ed, Al and Havoc. biggrin.gif
Michiyo-
There's a clearer image of the cover on an ad page of Gangan Online:
Tombow
Thank you, Michiyo-!

It says that the Vol. 11 1/2 is limited to 500000 copies. I wish I could fly to Japan, just to get to the theater for the FMA: MiloStar movie premier!

Anyway, I got awesome wallpapers from GanGan site (as posted by Michiyo- above. You have scroll down toward the bottom of the linked page. ^^)
presynaras
Woohooo, can't wait for this one. I hope it is as good as he previous volumes
Michiyo-
I found some pics of Vol 11.5 on Japanese blog sites:

Fullmetal Alhemist Vol. 11 1/2 - Before the Departure for the Journey -

"Black Bat" Arakawa-cow says: "Milos!"

"Thank you so much for reading Volume 11 1/2.
This is a story while Ed was fixing stuff around the town.*
Around that time, there was this story~~~" Hiromu Arakawa

*(Note: if we recall, Ed was intentionally putting up flashy display of Alchemy works as State Alchemist around the town, with the hope of luring out Scar... ~ Tombow)

They’re doing the "Kiraboshi" pose from Star Driver anime, but instead they’re saying "Miloboshi" (MiloStar). laugh.gif

Let’s hope someone scans the whole volume. ^^
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you so much for bringing us the images, Michiyo-! You're awesome! hug.gif

I'm hoping, also, that someone will be kind enough to scan the volume! They're so lucky!

ETA: Thank you Tombow, for the translation! hug.gif
Tombow
Thank you, Michiyo-! I added the translations for the Arakawa-sensei's comment. biggrin.gif
Michiyo-
Thanks for translating Arakawa's comment, Tombow! smile.gif

Here are 4 HQ scans I found on Baidu:

sarahbn
Squeeeee!!! My brother in Japan was able to get the manga for me! Now we're just figuring out how he will get it to me.
Sakuyahanabi
sarahbn - Lucky you! smile.gif Heh, I really envy all those people who are able to get the volume. I hope someone will be kind enough to scan it
Tombow
@sarahbn - Awesome! Now at least someone on our board can get to see & read the volume in person! thumbsup.gif

@Michiyo- - Thank you! biggrin.gif I see it says "Miloboshi Comics" instead of usual "GanGan Comics" at the bottom pat of the page. smile.gif

I made the quick scanlations. tongue.gif

(Click on the thumbnail, then click on "+" for full-size view)

Oh, and for those who are not familiar, Al, Ed, Roy, & Melvin are doing the Star Driver salute on the first one, like this. tongue.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you for bringing us the HQ scans, Michiyo-, and thank you for the scanlations Tombow! hug.gif

I love the "Star Driver Salute" Spoof. laugh.gif

@Sarahbn You're so lucky! ohmy.gif
sarahbn
If I manage to get it before someone else scans it, I'll scan my copy. My brother in Japan and his fiancee have been super-busy with work, and trying to arrange visas so they can set a wedding date, so they may not get around to mailing it for a while.
AA battery
QUOTE (sarahbn @ Jul 4 2011, 05:20 AM) *
If I manage to get it before someone else scans it, I'll scan my copy. My brother in Japan and his fiancee have been super-busy with work, and trying to arrange visas so they can set a wedding date, so they may not get around to mailing it for a while.

Thanks in advance! Certainly looking forward to this. xD
DororoEXE
I wish i lived in japan so i cna get this, even though theyre just busting out whatever they can to milk whatever cash they can still get from the series
Kirara
QUOTE (DororoEXE @ Jul 5 2011, 01:52 PM) *
I wish i lived in japan so i cna get this, even though theyre just busting out whatever they can to milk whatever cash they can still get from the series

While I think there is a little milking going on by Square Enix this book is free when you go to the movie. Just sounds like a nice bonus to me.
Tombow
QUOTE (sarahbn @ Jul 4 2011, 08:20 AM) *

Thank you, sarahbn! happy.gif

By the way, the chapter that's included in this Volume 11 1/2 is Chapter 45.5 "Brief Moment" and it is said that if you are a Havoc fan you would like this chapter. ^^
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you for the extra information, Tombow. happy.gif I'm looking forward to seeing this volume when the time comes. It'll be nice to have something including Havoc!
sarahbn
By the way, the chapter that's included in this Volume 11 1/2 is Chapter 45.5 "Brief Moment" and it is said that if you are a Havoc fan you would like this chapter. ^^

Well then I will probably like it very much indeed! smile.gif
Dark-Winds
I'm excited to see this chapter about Havoc biggrin.gif
RedAmaranth
I have a copy of it that I got from seeing it in theaters here!!! I am working on scanning them to Tombow right now!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
im_juice_lee
QUOTE (RedAmaranth @ Jul 7 2011, 08:36 PM) *
I have a copy of it that I got from seeing it in theaters here!!! I am working on scanning them to Tombow right now!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Woohoo! You're awesome!

(Btw, do you live in Japan?)
Dark-Winds
@RedAmaranth Wow! That's so great! Thanks a ton! biggrin.gif
RedAmaranth
ETA:
Hello all! Here is the long-awaited Vol. 11.5 mini manga! Enjoy! Tombow is working on the translations! *applause* biggrin.gif

I also scanned in the character bios and sketches from the booklet so I can post those too if wanted=]

OT:
QUOTE (im_juice_lee @ Jul 7 2011, 08:36 PM) *
Woohoo! You're awesome!

(Btw, do you live in Japan?)
Yes I do!! Northern Japan.

Chapter 45.5 "Brief Moment"

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

See Tombow's post below for translations of this chapter!
.. |
.. |
. \|/
dreamfield
Thank you, RedAmaranth, for scanning!! This mini manga is really great! happy.gif
hilary
Wow thank you so much for the excellent scans !! RedAmaranth!!!!:D
This manga is so awesome and arakawa still made a great job!
redon23
Thanks RedAmaranth great job!!

If you could scan the rest of the book it´d be perfect ^^
A Pierrot's Aria
Wow!! Thank you for the scans, RedAmaranth, you're brilliant! biggrin.gif hug.gif It was very kind of you to share them with us!!

It looks really awesome! wub.gif
Michiyo-
Thank you so much for scanning the chapter, RedAmaranth, you're awesome! biggrin.gif

I think we are all interested in the sketches, character bios in Vol. 11.5, so we'd really appreciate if you could post those too. ^^
Tombow
Thank you so much, RedAmaranth! happy.gif And, yes, I got the extra pics via my email also! ^^

I'm checking all the pics now.... biggrin.gif

Quick translations below:

(Click on the page numbers to view scanned pages)

Index - Page 1
Right Page

MiloBoshi Comics Vol. 11 & 1/2 , - Before the Journey -

CONTENTS

Comic by Hiromu Arakawa, Chapter 45.5 " Brief Moment" ---Page 3

Making of "Sacred Star of Milos" ---Page 26

Bones Staff Journal ---Page 42

Round-table Talk by Beard Producer Trio --- Page 46

Linking stories, ~ How the journey of Ed and Al would relate to "Sacred Star of Milos ~ ---Page 51

Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 45.5 "Brief Moment"

Left page (Comic page 1):

Roy: "Uh....."
---------------------------
Roy: (struggling with pain) "~~~~~~ ~~~~~oh..."
Riza: "Colonel," "Here's a painkiller."
Roy: "Ah... I'll take it." "Thank you."
Roy: (Exhaling) "Ahh..."
Roy: "Showing myself in agony in front of a woman..." "That was quite unbecoming of me."
SFX (Roy) Hahaha
Riza: "Would you like to go back to the hospital and apologize? And admit that it was a rash mistake of yours to leave the hospital so hastily in that condition?"

Pages 2-3
Right page:

Roy: "That would be totally uncharacteristic of me." "I should stay here and continue my work."
Riza: "Yes."
Roy: "Have you been getting any information from talk and rumors around town recently?"
Riza: "As of now, there is no information that can be connected to the homunculi." "I heard that the ghost of Maria Ross was in an alley by the warehouse block, and someone saw a werewolf..."
Riza: "And I heard that a short State Alchemist is helping people around the town, and being very useful...."
Roy: "Fullmetal?"
Riza: "Most likely so."
Roy: "That's uncharacteristic of him as well..."

Left page:

SFX: Zap
SFX: Zap
SFX: Ta-Dah
Citizen : "Thank you!! This looks just how it used to!!"
Citizen : "Are you sure there's no charge for fixing this?!"
Citizen :"Thank you!!"
SFX (Citizens) Ohhh Ohh Ohhh
Car owner: "........"
Citizen D (woman): "At least may I have your name?"
Ed: "Well, I'm not really worth introducing. But since you asked..."
SFX (Ed) POSE
Ed: "Faithfully serving your town, your State Alchemist......"

Pages 4-5
Right page:

Ed: "I am Edward Elric!!!"
SFX (Citizens) OHHHHHH
Citizen: "Fix this please~~"
Citizen: "This one, this one, too!"
Citizen: "Take care of this one, too!"
Citizen: "This one, please!"

Left page:

SFX (Crowd) Ohhh Chatter Chatter Wahahaha
Lin: (watching Ed) "Oh, oh, he's putting on a big show again today."
Lin "I hope Scar or the homunculi will take the bait soon."
Lin: "Oh... he's changing location."
Lin: "Let's go, LanFan!"
SFX (Lin) Jump
LanFan: "Yes."
SFX Hop (landing)

Pages 6-7
Right page:

Lin: ".......Eh?"
SFX (Wolf Chimera) Leap
Lin: "!!"
SFX (Wolf chimera running away) Dash

Left page:

Lin: ".....What was that wolf-guy....."
LanFan: "That wasn't a homunculus..... was it?"

Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 45.5 "Brief Moment"

Ed: "The town is especially crowded today."
Al: "Didn't someone mention that it's the Harvest Festival?"
SFX (Crowd in the background) Chatter Chatter Wahahaha Waaaah
Ed: "With the town like this, I bet Scar isn't going to show up today..."
Ed: "Oh! That looks delicious!"
Seller: "Oh yes! They are exceptionally delicious!" "Do you want some? I will give you a good price."

Pages 8-9
Right page

Ed: "Al," "Let's get these, and..."
Ed: "Hello-----"
Havoc: "Hey, chief!" "Thanks for coming!"
Ed: "I heard you had a bad experience, Lieutenant Havoc."
Havoc: "Yeah, something like that."

Left page:

Ed: "Al told me that you were in the hospital," "So we stopped by to say hello." "It's our get-well gift."
Havoc: "Oh, thanks..."
SFX: (Ed) Creak...
SFX (Al) Clunk
SFX (Havoc) Stare...
Al: "?"
Havoc: "......You two really have lost a whole body and an arm & a leg, right...?"
Ed: "That's right." "It's nothing new. Why are you asking that now?"

Pages 10-11
Right page:

Havoc: "It's just that..." "I think it's amazing that even with such hardship, you two haven't given up yet."
Al: "Sure, we do feel like giving up once in a while, but,"
Ed: "As long as we keep moving forward and keep taking our actions, slowly but surely, we should get closer to our goal."
Fuery: "Speaking of actions, people around the town are often mentioning your name.”
Ed: "Seriously?!"
Ed: "That's a good sign!" "Well then, I'll make an even bigger show tomorrow to make people talk about me even more!"
Al: (thinking) Is he going to transmute something even more hideous looking?!
Havoc: "You're up to something, aren't you?"
Ed: "Maybe, maybe not----"
Havoc: "Would you like to eat some of these apples, chief?"
Ed: "No, I have to go. I have some research to do at the library today."

Left page:

Havoc: "You're being a busy bee, as usual."
Ed: "Hehe, staying put and being quiet is not in my nature."
Havoc: "........ Don't ever give up on getting your bodies back." "Your not giving up is giving hope to a lot of people."
Al: "Yeah, I won't be giving up!"
Ed: "Haha! If two crappy brats like us can bring out some hope in people, I guess we've got to keep going till we reach our goal!" "See ya!"
SFX (door being shut) Bang
Havoc: "Two crappy brats, you say..."

Pages 12-13
Right page:

Havoc: "I can't lose hope now, and let a bratty kid like him win........ can I?"
Al: "The Lieutenant looked blue and less cheerful than the last time I saw him."
Ed: "Maybe he can't have his favorite thing, cigarettes, and that is what’s making him depressed?
Fuery: "Edward! Alphonse!"
Fuery: "Thank you for the visit."
Ed: "You're welcome."
Fuery: "I think the Lieutenant was cheered up a little by your visit."
Ed: "I hope the Lieutenant gets all his spirit back soon, not just a little. And that he can get back to work, full of energy, quickly!"
Al: "It must be tough serving a boss who makes everyone work so hard."

Left page:

Ed: "?"
Al: "He said they are paralyzed........ both of the Lieutenant's legs..."
Ed: "Yeah..."
Ed & Al: "......................"
Ed: "...........It's frustrating."
Al: "Yes."
Al: "With our current abilities, we can't cure Lieutenant Havoc's legs." "I really wish I could help. It's vexing."
Al: "But I think Colonel Mustang is even more vexed at himself over this."
Ed: "Vexed indeed! So he got himself out of hospital even though he has still got a big, unhealed wound in his belly!"

Pages 14-15
Right

Ed: ".....well then," "We'll have to work harder and cover for the idiot colonel's share of the work also!"
Al: "Yes!" "Right now, let's just do our best at what we can."
Ed: "Yeah, if we can find out what the homunculi are trying to achieve, then maybe we can get closer to the deeper knowledge of Alchemy.
Ed: "And then maybe we can find a way not only to get our bodies back, but a way to help others as well...!"
Ed: "Well then, I'll get back to the research at the library as usual!" "Could you go and buy us something to eat for dinner?"
Al: "All right!"
Al: "But, brother, I think you're working too hard!" "You haven't slept much recently, have you?"
Ed: "I'm fine!! I'm not so soft as to get worn out by this small amount of work! Wahahahaha!!"

Left page:

Winry: "Ed,"
Winry: "Ed! What would you like to do about dinner..."
Winry: "Ah...."
SFX: (Ed) SNORE
Winry: (thinking) He must be tired~~
SFX: (Ed) snore
Winry: (thinking) He must be working too hard again..." "I hope he's not going to push himself too hard."

Pages 16-17
Right page:

Winry: "...Even if I were to ask him to take it easy, he wouldn't listen anyway, I guess."
SFX (Winry) Softly
Winry: "...Hang in there."
SFX (door closes)

Left page:

Winry: (thinking) Dear God... Please keep these two away from any more troublesome incidents...!
(Central Prison)
SFX (Inmates) Chatter Chatter
Melvin: "Julia..."
Melvin: "Julia Crichton...!!"

Pages 18-19
Right page

SFX: (Melvin) Bite
(Note: So that he can draw transmutation circles on his hands with his blood ^^)
SFX: BOOM

Left page

Inmate: "What...."
Guard: "What was that?!"
Guard Captain: "What happened?!"
Guard: "Was it a gas explosion?!"
SFX: (Guard in distance) Cough Cough
Guard: "It's a jail break........"
SFX: (Guard) Cough
Guard: "It's Melvin Voyager... Damn him......."
Guard: "He is an Alchemist!!"

Pages 20-21
Right

Melvin: "Julia...." "I have to go..."
Melvin: "To the Sorrow Mountain..."

-Story continues at the theater-

Left page:

Closing credit for Vol. 11 1/2 and OMAKE!!

Central Prison
SFX: BOOM
"Explosion----!!"
SFX: Wahh Wahh Wahh
Inmate A: "Explosion?"
Inmate B: "Kimblee?"
Inmate C: "Could be Kimblee?"
Inmate D: "Maybe Kimblee?"
Inmate E: "Must be Kimblee?"
Inmate F: "It's Kimblee!"
Arakawa-cow: "False accusation!!"
sarahbn
Thanks for scanning those, RedAmaranth! I can't wait for Tombow's translations!
RedAmaranth
QUOTE (Tombow @ Jul 8 2011, 07:19 AM) *
Thank you so much, RedAmaranth! happy.gif And, yes, I got the extra pics via my email also! ^^

I'm checking all the pics now. biggrin.gif

Awesome! I'm glad the emails worked!!!!

ETA:
You're welcome! ^__^ Glad I could share them with other fans!! Here is the rest of the booklet!
redon23
Thanks again RedAmaranth ^^

I will get my own copy next week, but it´s very nice see the book before I get it ^^
Dark-Winds
Thanks a lot RedAmaranth! I was hoping that somebody was going to post it! biggrin.gif
dreamfield
Thanks a lot, RedAmaranth!XDD
The pamphlet looks great! My copy will arrive some time later, but it's just too great to see it in advance!!
RedAmaranth
QUOTE (redon23 @ Jul 8 2011, 11:56 AM) *
Thanks again RedAmaranth ^^

I will get my own copy next week, but it´s very nice see the book before I get it ^^

Ohh! Are you in Japan as well?!
Tombow
^ Thank you, RedAmaranth! biggrin.gif

My translations of Chapter 45.5 "Brief Moment" and 2 omake are posted here. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.