Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "No Chapter Next Week!" Announcement Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Discussions on Arakawa's Other Works > Silver Spoon
A Pierrot's Aria
This is just a thread to let everyone know when "Silver Spoon" will be taking a week's break (or possibly more), and when it will start up again!

If you know when there is going to be no chapter, due to some sort of break, by reading info in the chapters/and or Shonen Sunday Website etc, please report it here!

Announcement from Silver Spoon Chapter 5, courtesy of Tombow:

QUOTE (Tombow)
They will skip a week again [no chapter on May 18, 2011], and the next chapter [Chapter 6] will come out on May 25, 2011.
loicos
One chapter next week, but no chapter in Shonen Sunday #29 (15/06). Back in Shonen Sunday #30 (22/06).
Tombow
Thank you, loicos for the info and the scan! Appreciated! biggrin.gif

^ Pointing to the scan. ...so, I take it that we're going to have some kind of surprise in the chapter that will be out on June 22. ^^
loicos
No chapter in #32, #33. Back in #34 (20/7) with Natsu (Summer) Arc start.

|
|
|/ETA: yes

A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you for the info, loicos! Was the info in this week's chapter? ohmy.gif

ETA: Thank you again! biggrin.gif
Tombow
Thank you so much, loicos for the info! happy.gif

So, next week we'll have the last chapter for "Spring" volume with the "climax conclusion of the volume (it says so inside caption in this week's chapter ^^)" and then the series takes one week two weeks off, and then the following week two weeks later we'll have the starting chapter of "Summer" volume. hmmm I wonder how close Arakawa-sensei is to the due date for her next child (assuming she is still waiting for the due date.... ^^)

|
|
|/ETA: Oops, thank you, loicos for catching it! Appreciated! biggrin.gif
*goes to correct* tongue.gif
loicos
and then the series takes one week off,

two week wink.gif
Tombow
After this week's chapter (chapter 12) I think the following one (chapter 13) will be on #36 & #37 "combined issue"of Shounen Sunday... so it says at the last page of chapter 12.... hopefully, we'll hear more info on this from loicos or others soon. biggrin.gif
loicos
Chapter next week in Sunday #38, but no chapter in Sunday #39 (24 august). Come Back in #40 (31 august).
Tombow
Thank you, loicos! biggrin.gif
I guess Silver Spoon is becoming a bi-weekly series for a while. tongue.gif
loicos
One chapter next week but after breack until sunday 45. Back in sunday 46 (12/10)
Tombow
Thank you, loicos for the info! happy.gif

So, we have chapter 16 next week on Sunday #41, then there is a break for 4 weeks. mellow.gif
With this rate, we may read the end of "Summer" chapter sometime in this Winter. xp
ETA: Actually, it seems next week is the conclusion of Summer chapters. ohmy.gif
ETA 2 Sept. 7: I just quickly read the next chapter (chapter 16) and, I don't think that's the end of Summer arc. xp
loicos
From Arakawa :

春からこっち、仕事上の関係でぶつ切り産休という変則的なお休みをいただき、ご迷惑をおかけしております。(サンデー41号が出るころには生まれてるかな?)

She will soon give birth, so that's why many breaks.
Michiyo-
Thanks for the news, loicos! happy.gif

The full message from Arakwa can be read on Shonen Sunday's website here.
Tombow
Thank you, loicos and Michiyo-! biggrin.gif

From the link posted by Michiyo-, on Sunday's Manga artist "back stage" blog page, Arakawa-sensei writes: (This is her second entry, dated Sept. 14, 2011, her first entry was dated April 6, 2011 with her words upon the start of Silver Spoon series.)

サンデー41号が出るころには生まれてるかな?

She says the baby might be born by the time Sunday issue 41 is out.
...that means, the previously passed-around info that she had the baby during one of the past breaks she has been taking after April was utterly false. XDDDD
Hope she will have a healthy baby! ^^

She also says:
春からこっち、仕事上の関係で
ぶつ切り産休という変則的なお休みをいただき、
ご迷惑をおかけしております。

Translation: "Sorry for the 'fragmented maternity leaves' I've been taking since this Spring because of my work related issues."

....huh? 'because of my work related issues'? XD It has been rumored that she might be taking all these breaks from Silver Spoon in order to work on FMA and other comics (FMA Prototype story, Raiden mini comic, FMA chapter 45.5, and FMA movie pamphlet mini-comic for FMA Milostar movie, etc.) This rumor might have had some truth in it. tongue.gif

(And then she concluded her entry with her thank-you to the fisherman who sent her the fresh catch of Pacific saury from Pacific Ocean along North Eastern part of Japan. She said that was delicious.) ... she is brave! O_o
loicos
Chapter today but no next week. Back november 2.
Tombow
Thank you, loicos! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.