Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pic Thread: Post pics of yourself cosplaying as FMA character (from any series)!!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Conventions and Cosplays > Cosplay
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
CodenameElizabeth
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Oct 27 2006, 04:32 PM) [snapback]466762[/snapback]

I would rather like to see a good Hohenheim...and yes a few people have mentioned dressing up FMA style for Halloween so we can but hope they post pictures.

Good Hoenheims are few and far between (as are "older" cosplayers to begin with.) You have to be a little older to pull off a convincing Hoho Papa, IMO.

If he is cool with it, I will totally post pictures. He is *really* good.

And, yes, I will defintiely be breaking out the FMA cosplay for Halloween. Actually, I work part time at a bar, and some of my co-workers along with a number of our 'regulars' are big-time FullMetal Alchemiholics, so I'm sure it will go over very well.

Hardly anyone knows I'm planning on doing it, and they are all going to go crazy, I'm sure. wink.gif

EDIT: In the meantime, I give to you an awesome photo of two friends of mine as Ed and Envy... duking it out at AWA12.
Chiyo
One of the better Envy wigs for certain...good Ed too. I get so sick of cosplayers who stick a read coat on and claim to be cosplaying Ed (or movie Al).
Toby-Chan
Haha, nice. Good envy hair, too. I'm still working on a solution to that little mess. dry.gif That picture reminds me of the one Tobu Ishi took where Stef (as Envy) pretended to stab her through the chest)

I promised a pic, didn't I? I haven't resized many of them. I helped my sister experiment with a potential Dante costume that really didn't look right at all, but it was sort of cool.

Here's a random snapshot of the costume with the failed hair. I hate when my hair curls randomly. Maybe I will need a wig after all. >:C

I also did a random attempt at something creepy, which turned out to be decidedly... not. I lost my costume makeup at the time when my hair was already appropriately ratty, so the result didn't turn out as zombieish as I intended, and instead wound up looking like a drug addict.

Just for fun, I made a video clip affectionately called "Camwhore Envy" in which 'Envy' lipsyncs to Kyoko and does a dorky dance. That one... must never see the internet.
Chiyo
I'm loving the curls, not that I was keeping an eye on the hair too much....Perfect flipping Envy body

And ahem, I've got a drunken Winry vid coming soon, if I can be sad enough to post that YOU can let lip sync Envy live!
Fushi
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Oct 27 2006, 04:07 PM) [snapback]466829[/snapback]

Here's a random snapshot of the costume with the failed hair. I hate when my hair curls randomly. Maybe I will need a wig after all. >:C

Holy frickin' shit that's hot! ph34r.gif

....uh...

Don't bother getting a wig. I think your own hair works, despite the random curliness of it. I don't think wigs look well at all, especially green ones. You're much better off dealing with your hair and how it likes to curl randomly and looking natural, than having to deal with a green wig that looks so fake and tacky.

Speaking of FMA Halloween costumes, my Sloth costume has hit a snag. Damn, you'd think there'd be some place that would sell long black gloves at Halloween... >> Maybe I can just paint my arms blue and claim they're in 'jello tentacle' mode...
CodenameElizabeth
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Oct 27 2006, 06:07 PM) [snapback]466829[/snapback]

Oh WOW. That is a really good cosplay. I personally would go with a wig though. Just because I'm nitpicky like that. But you actually have the body frame to pull off the character well. There are far too many Envy cosplayers IMO who simply should NOT be wearing that costume, but DO anyway. blink.gif

QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Oct 28 2006, 01:43 AM) [snapback]467055[/snapback]

Damn, you'd think there'd be some place that would sell long black gloves at Halloween... >> Maybe I can just paint my arms blue and claim they're in 'jello tentacle' mode...

Like Toby said, definitely places like Claires or Icing. Also, if you have any sort of costume store locally, try there. I have been lucky enough to live near a year-round costume rental store that also sells costume accessories. We also have one of those "seasonal" Halloween stores around here...

THE WORLD MUST SEE "DRUNKEN WINRY" AND "LIP-SYNCHING" ENVY VIDS! XD

(In exchange, I shall try and record a "Riza Hawkeye Sings Karaoke" video this weekend when I work at the bar...)
Toby-Chan
Better quality pictures. Colored with the aid of really crappy photomanip skills.

Crouching Envy, Lucky Boulder.

I swear I'm not really that pale...

Lol, mai hairz look real :B
Ailuro
Oh. Kara likes. Kara likes a lot.
CodenameElizabeth
Those are really nice, Toby. ("Lucky Boulder..." LMAO!!)

We *still* need to see that video though. biggrin.gif
Chiyo
Chi is most impressed by the uncanny ability Toby has to pull off Envy, and yet somehow it would look better in motion.
Popogeejo
Very nice. You don't look smug though. You got's to look smug when you're Envy.
Lacus Yamato
Toby-chan: Great Envy-san pics!! They look really great happy.gif

And Summoner Colette, can't wait to see the Sciezca (Sheska?) pics once they're put up happy.gif

Well, i've been busy with some more cosplays (Chiyo's seen some of them due to theOtaku.), and since there's so many, I'll just give you the links to the albums, if that's alright.
Envy (The contacts were the closest to the actual color needed. And they were uncomfortable in my opinion.)
Nana O. (This one was done as a request, and I asked the others to join in on the fun happy.gif For some of them, this was their first cosplay -like the girl dressed as Hachi-.)
Loveless (The ears are my favorite part in this one happy.gif More will be added to this album soon.)
Maes Hughes (I had fun with this one. Too bad these are the only pics that were taken...)
Roy Mustang (This one and the Maes cosplays were the expensive ones. Done as a request for a Roy fangirl at school.)
Fujiwara-No-Sai (There are more Hikaru pics, just they're of the cosplayers that did Hikaru, Akira, and the other characters.)
Uchiha Itachi

There might be more being added soon, but I have no idea.
Carnal Malefactor
^Best.Cosplayer.Ever!
Lacus Yamato
Thank you, Void-san happy.gif I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed them!
Fushi
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Oct 28 2006, 12:36 PM) [snapback]467239[/snapback]

Better quality pictures. Colored with the aid of really crappy photomanip skills.

Crouching Envy, Lucky Boulder.

I swear I'm not really that pale...

Lol, mai hairz look real :B

Once again, wonderful pics. You really make a perfect Envy Toby, that third picture just screams of him to me. (the pose and all)

QUOTE(Lacus Yamato @ Oct 28 2006, 09:56 PM) [snapback]467462[/snapback]

Toby-chan: Great Envy-san pics!! They look really great happy.gif

And Summoner Colette, can't wait to see the Sciezca (Sheska?) pics once they're put up happy.gif

Well, i've been busy with some more cosplays (Chiyo's seen some of them due to theOtaku.), and since there's so many, I'll just give you the links to the albums, if that's alright.
Envy (The contacts were the closest to the actual color needed. And they were uncomfortable in my opinion.)
Nana O. (This one was done as a request, and I asked the others to join in on the fun happy.gif For some of them, this was their first cosplay -like the girl dressed as Hachi-.)
Loveless (The ears are my favorite part in this one happy.gif More will be added to this album soon.)
Maes Hughes (I had fun with this one. Too bad these are the only pics that were taken...)
Roy Mustang (This one and the Maes cosplays were the expensive ones. Done as a request for a Roy fangirl at school.)
Fujiwara-No-Sai (There are more Hikaru pics, just they're of the cosplayers that did Hikaru, Akira, and the other characters.)
Uchiha Itachi

There might be more being added soon, but I have no idea.

And you madam are absolutely amazing *.* I especially like your Roy and Hughes...it says something when a girl can cosplay Hughes better than a boy can. XD
I'm really interested on how you make your costumes...do you buy them all or make them yourself? Do you alter existing clothing or do everything yourself? I guess it depends on the character right? It's really something tho. And you're so photogenic!
Chiyo
You are my saviour on theotaku Lacus, so many cosplay come in that aren't even half way decent but I can ALWAYS guarentee you will have an amazing costume. The recent Roy submission filled my day with joy.

*bows to cosplay greatness*
Lacus Yamato
happy.gif

Thank you, Chiyo. So I'm a savior? That's awesome! And I agree. Although a lot of them look great also, but some of them need improvement.

Fushigi Rockna, Most of them I buy. Like the Maes, Roy, and Sai cosplays were bought. The others are either hand made or altered from other articles of clothing.
Emily_BrokenAngel
Whoa!!! Love those costumes!!! *_*
They are nice happy.gif
I was disguised as Winry twice n_n
I only need to upload my photo that its on my sister´s celular phone ¬¬
CodenameElizabeth
Wow-- Chiyo!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for doing Winry justice! I have seen SO MANY cosplayers totally massacre Winry cosplay, and it is refreshing to see someone who pulls it off really well. The overalls are perfect, and the perfect color too! Were you planning on dying your hair or using a wig? I really don't think you'd need too-- even if your hair is a bit darker. It's a good length, and using your natural hair for cosplay really adds something to the realism of the character IMO.

This thread has been dead for WAY too long. So, I'm gonna post something of my own. Albeit, I realize that I have been totally PWNT in cosplay by Miss Yamato and friends... but whatever. I'm a camera-whore, and proud of it!

I did this photoshoot of my Hawkeye cosplay for RisingSun.net last month, and a few really cool pics came out of it. Even though it was 87 degrees out, and I was dying of heat exhaustion. And my hair totally FAILED due to the Florida humidity...

WOOHOO! Hawkeye Does Tampa! (That's the Tampa Convention Center in the background-- the home of Metrocon.)

Takin' Care of Business... XD

This was not taken in Tampa, but rather, by my friend David at AnimeUSA back in November. Not the most flattering picture, but it makes me laugh... (Dave and I will actually be doing another photoshoot tomorrow, near Atlantic City NJ, and this time I will be FREEZING my butt off...)

(Anyhoo, more insanity from the Florida photoshoot can be seen over on THE ROIAI THREAD and on RISINGSUN.NET Details on the NJ photoshoot will be posted as soon as the photos are processed...) wink.gif
Chiyo
Its still so embarrassing to be complimented so highly.

You make a BLOODY GOOD RIZA. That middle shot has so much character. Most cospalyers of Riza look too young and their costumes looked oversized, but, as I return the compliment, you have done her justice. Bonus to not see a wig and some clever looking photo's.

As for my hair, in the right light it is a light honey blonde, not exactly Winry but I don't want to dye it anymore. I'm glad you think its okay to stick with a darker blonde, I'm always being told to dye my hair.

Anywho, another quick cosplay I did...it's someones fanart design but I love it. Right here
Carnal Malefactor
That's an awesome Hawkeye right there.

[two thumbs up]
Edamame
Code Name Elizabeth: I am so happy to see that you posted your cosplay pictures. I saw them in the Royai thread and was absolutely stunned by the detail in your costume. You do such an incredible job cosplaying Riza, who is a rather difficult character to pull off well. Once again, lovely job. (I really like the first photograph. ) Have you thought about entering any cosplay competitions?

Chiyo: Nice cosplay. I love the original outfit! Did you design/make it yourself?
Tombow
Two thumbs up, way up for two of the best Cosplayers of our board, Chiyo as Winry, and CodenameElizabeth as Riza!!! Those are simply awesome!! biggrin.gif
mei_tenshi
CodenameElizabeth: Wow! Just...wow! ohmy.gif *speechless*

Chiyo: It doesn't matter if it's fanart or not, you can pull it off~! ohmy.gif
Zarpia
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Feb 9 2007, 04:35 PM) [snapback]503009[/snapback]
CodenameElizabeth: Wow! Just...wow! ohmy.gif *speechless*
Same, really good Riza^^
CodenameElizabeth
OMG-- this thread has been hijacked by the Roiai club! XD
(Hellooooo, Tombow, Edamame!!)

Anyway, thanks to everyone who checked out the cosplay. Glad to be doing my part to keep the Fandom alive!

Edamame, I would love to enter a Hall Cosplay contest with the costume, simply to try and win my commissioner an award for her excellent work. However, the rules for commissioned costumes require that both the costumer and the cosplayer be present for judging, and we have not been able to find a convention where we would both be attending, and both NOT BE STAFFING. Staff cannot eneter cosplay events-- and the both of us staff a lot of cons. tongue.gif

Chiyo, it's is weird when strangers start complimenting your cosplay. I'm an oldtimer, and it's still odd to get comments on messageboards, LiveJournal, etc. But seriously, every now and then, you come across a cosplayer that just has a "IT-Factor" with a certain character (my one friend has it with Hoho-papa... SRSLY! It's kind of scary.) And I think you have that potential with Winry. Can't wait to see completed photos of the mechanic outfit! That fanart design is really cute. I remember hearing of a doujinshi that had the FMA characters in a highschool setting-- if I hadn't known it was from a fanart, I would have guessed it was from that doujin.

Funny you should mention that a lot of Hawkeye cosplayers look "too young"... I hate to admit it, but I'm definitely of an, uhm, "appropriate age" to be cosplaying that character (her age is never actually mentioned, but I think I'm pretty darn close in RL.)

Yeah. I'm OLD, people!
I'm going to go renew my AARP membership now...

EDIT: New photos coming, probably Wednesday. We shot them at an abandoned village in the middle of nowhere in south Jersey-- and it was completely BADASS. It totally looked like a war-zone. (My friend is incredibly skilled at finding cool background places for photoshoots.)

EDIT ver. 2.0: Ooooh--- 'Fo Sheezy!
This thread got moved, yo! tongue.gif
Chiyo
Gah, we moved, I'm lost.

They sound like they will be great Liz (mind if I call you Liz?). We have a few mature members here, but it was nice to see someone cosplaying a character that's their age. It's what give you the edge over the others.
Cat the Terrible
ohmy.gif You two are both awesome. I'm loving that Riza wig - so many Rizas don't bother styling the hair. :\ Also, your uniform looks very crisp and well-fitted, which is also unusual for military cosplay. happy.gif; I like the epaulets. I'm working on a military uniform right now - it's a huge pain to get the details, and you nailed it.
CodenameElizabeth
QUOTE(Cat the Terrible @ Feb 14 2007, 05:01 PM) [snapback]505120[/snapback]
ohmy.gif You two are both awesome. I'm loving that Riza wig - so many Rizas don't bother styling the hair. :\ Also, your uniform looks very crisp and well-fitted, which is also unusual for military cosplay. happy.gif; I like the epaulets. I'm working on a military uniform right now - it's a huge pain to get the details, and you nailed it.

LOL-- it's not a wig, Cat. wink.gif

It's my own hair, with a string-fall from Cosworx pinned into the back of it (upside down, if I might add...)
Getting my own hair to blend with the string fall was, um, "interesting" to say the least. I've been dying my hair by myself for MANY years, but mixing the right color of bleach was a challenge. Also, finding the right kind of clip that would actually hold THAT MUCH HAIR was a pain too. Aaaand-- I'm going to need to find a new clip sometime soon that will match the dress I'll be wearing when I cosplay Tattoo!Hawkeye sometime in the near future. biggrin.gif

Actually a friend of mine from New England made the uniform-- I sent her the fabric and told her to go to town. I made and sewed the grey bias trim myself because her sewing machine hated the fabric. I also did the accessories (the gun belt, holsters, finding the contacts etc.) But she is really the one to thank for it fitting so well-- even considering the fact that I lost about fifteen pounds between now and this time last year when she took my initial measurements. O.o

Funny you said you liked the epaulets. I *think* that was the one part of the costume my commissioner actually WASN'T pleased with (I know she thought the stars were too large. I figured they would show up better in photos.)

Chiyo totally wins at Winry. For real.
(And yes, Chiyo. I think I'll be going by "Liz" from now on. My username is way too long.)

There are actually more pics now. Taken by my friend Dave this past weekend.
(my apologies-- this was x-posted to the RoiAi thread a few hrs ago.)
Dave currently has the online album locked while he finishes up post-production work, but he gave me the password, and I managed to download a few of the shots to my hard drive. I'll post a link when the album gets unlocked.

But for now...

Click to view attachment
(I love the sign that says "Authorized Personnel Only. biggrin.gif )

Click to view attachment
(This is what my hair is supposed to look like-- when it DOESN'T get raped by humidity. Instead, it got raped by 30 mph winds...)

Click to view attachment
Anybody Home? tongue.gif

Click to view attachment
(I LOVED these bridge shots. The scenery was SO nice. But it was SO COLD being that close to the water.)

Click to view attachment
(I hadn't seen my photographer friend since before Christmas, so he said that he still had my Christmas present, and he'd give it to me during the shoot. YES-- it is a Hayate! LMAO!!)

The link to the rest of the photos should be unlocked by tomorrow.
I'll edit this post when it's working.
Ailuro
QUOTE(CodenameElizabeth @ Feb 14 2007, 08:16 PM) [snapback]505360[/snapback]
But for now...

I think I'm in love. ohmy.gif
Carnal Malefactor
Awww, you couldn't find a real dog. XP
Cat the Terrible
Real hair is even more win. That's amazing.

I've given up on my sewing machine for bias trim. I use it for one side, but do the other side by hand. I'm finishing the trim on my Olivie coat right now, as I sit here.
CodenameElizabeth
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Feb 14 2007, 11:50 PM) [snapback]505373[/snapback]
I think I'm in love. ohmy.gif

O.o

Uh oh... I think I smell a Fanboy, Ailuro!! biggrin.gif
Thanks a lot though. I defintiely take that as a compliment!

QUOTE(Abstruse Eulogy @ Feb 15 2007, 01:23 AM) [snapback]505390[/snapback]
Awww, you couldn't find a real dog. XP

Oh, believe me.
I'm workin' on it. wink.gif

When I do, there WILL be another photoshoot...

QUOTE(Cat the Terrible @ Feb 15 2007, 01:31 AM) [snapback]505392[/snapback]
Real hair is even more win. That's amazing.

I've given up on my sewing machine for bias trim. I use it for one side, but do the other side by hand. I'm finishing the trim on my Olivie coat right now, as I sit here.

That hairstyle is an evil whore to do with a wig. Unless you are masochistic enough to want to try your hand at adding wefts to the hairline... O.o
I have a feeling I'll be a blonde for a pretty long time now...

I actually only attached one side of my trim by sewing machine too.
The other side was actually attached using Liquid-Stitch. wink.gif

The Gaia!Armstrong avatar PWNS ME.
And I totally know you from... um... another messageboard. (I *think*...)
Cat the Terrible
QUOTE(CodenameElizabeth @ Feb 15 2007, 12:34 AM) [snapback]505393[/snapback]
And I totally know you from... um... another messageboard. (I *think*...)

Why, yes! Yes you do! XD

I'm slipstitching the other side. There will be pictures in like fifteen minutes.

EDIT: Coat is done. Plz kill me. I'm so glad, this means an end to ALL BIAS TAPE ON THIS COSTUME. http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=986370 The rest of the progress photos of this costume are in the same gallery.
Toby-Chan
Nuuuu! Aily has eyes for another! /wrist
Chiyo
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Feb 15 2007, 07:54 AM) [snapback]505410[/snapback]
Nuuuu! Aily has eyes for another! /wrist

If Liz wasn't so damn good at being Riza, I'd be heartbroken too. Get some more pics out there Toby! Show Aily what you got!

(Actually I think we do have some of the best cosplayers here)
CodenameElizabeth
EDIT: Coat is done. Plz kill me. I'm so glad, this means an end to ALL BIAS TAPE ON THIS COSTUME. http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=986370 The rest of the progress photos of this costume are in the same gallery.

OMFG, Cat, eat have my babiez PLZ?
Furry collar FTW.

Uh oh, Toby. Are we gonna have a fight for Ailuro's affections? XD
Please-- post more cosplay! I really enjoyed your earlier stuff.

No heartbroken-ness, Chiyo. You, me, and Cat will all PWN our respective characters together, and cause major nosebleeding for Ailuro.

BTW--

MOAR COSPLAY PICS LOL!!!
(Dave 'unlocked' the album this morning. It's no longer password protected.)

^^^ These photos have been "'shopped" a bit in post-production, so if my complexion looks miraculously smoother, that's why. The others I posted earlier were 'raw'. XD
Cat the Terrible
QUOTE(CodenameElizabeth @ Feb 15 2007, 08:35 AM) [snapback]505470[/snapback]
Furry collar FTW.

Furry collar FTgoing out in public today, it's too cold for normal coats. XD;
Chiyo
Well done on that coat Cat, you must be one of the first to tackle that one.
Tombow
@CodenameElizabeth - I bow down for your Riza cosplay perfection!! biggrin.gif

@Cat the Terrible - You did really nice job on that coat!! ^^
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
That's some very nice Winry cosplaying Chiyo! smile.gif

Gah... This sucks. I think cosplaying is only for adults. I don't have the resources to pull it off and I'm too young to cosplay Roy Mustang. If I'm gonna cosplay someone, Roy Mustang is at the top of my list! biggrin.gif Maybe a few more years, I just hope FMA is still popular by that time.
CodenameElizabeth
Wow. This Thread LIIIIVES!!! laugh.gif
I haven't checked in here in a while... I totally missed the new Chi!pics. Sweet!

Ratzenheich FMA Super fan, it totally made me laugh when you mentioned that "cosplaying is only for adults." Mostly because I tend to think it's for teenagers! XD I'm OLD, and it's weird when you realize that a majority of cosplayers are younger than you. O.o

It's just that we "adults" tend to have the time and money to blow on cosplay. Yeah. And one DOES need to take age into account when cosplaying IF they are looking to pull off a "real life" adaptation of a character. Most people don't care though. I cosplay characters younger than me all the time. Again, because I'm an old fart. tongue.gif

I gots a few more cosplay photos at home that I haven't posted here yet... I might get on that tonight... wink.gif

Chiyo
You are all so sweet to little obsessed me

More Winry
CodenameElizabeth
Chi-- I am really starting to look at your cosplay not so much as "cosplay" but more as a "character study"- combining your skills as a photographer as well as a cosplayer. It's almost like live-action fanfic-- something on an entirely different level than regular cosplay.
Much more like a work of art.

Keep up the good work!
Tombow
@CodenameElizabeth - Excellent comment!! I agree!! And, I feel we are so lucky to have two of the best cosplayers representing the two types!!
You are awesome as Riza in traditional cosplaying.. and Chiyo is dead on as a live-action portraying of Winry!!

Right on Chiyo!! Please keep up!! happy.gif
And, you, too, CodenameElizabeth!! biggrin.gif
Cat the Terrible
I did my Olivie Armstrong cosplay this weekend at Anime Detour. I think it went pretty well. XD;; Here's one photo, and to avoid spamming up the page, here's a link to my cosplay.com page.

Click to view attachment
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g223/Cat...friday028sm.jpg

<Edited to switch 1 oversize pic from Image posting to Attachment to stop stretching of the forum page sideways. ^^ 03/26/07 ~Tombow>
Carnal Malefactor
[Jerry Lewis voice]
MMMMMM! THAT'S GOOD COSPLAY!

[thumbs up]
Tombow
@Cat the Terrible - Wow, your Armstrong cosplay is totally cool!!
The costume came out so cool, and you look so good as Olivier!!
(Actually, you look prettier than Olivier!! ^^)
That pose with the hair like that is dead on like her!!
Nicely done!! biggrin.gif

BTW, I changed the pic from Image posting to Attachment to stop the stretching of the forum page sideways. I hope you don't mind. ^^
(If you like, check this thread (2nd post) for how to make Attachment. biggrin.gif )
Cat the Terrible
QUOTE(Tombow @ Mar 26 2007, 04:59 AM) [snapback]522057[/snapback]
BTW, I changed the pic from Image posting to Attachment to stop the stretching of the forum page sideways. I hope you don't mind. ^^
(If you like, check this thread (2nd post) for how to make Attachment. biggrin.gif )

I don't mind at all. I know hyooj photo is hyoooooooooj, so thank you for resizing it. :3
CodenameElizabeth
Cat, have I told you lately that I love you? laugh.gif

That costume WINS.
Thanks for posting the pics. It turned out freakin' awesome.

I really should go ahead and make one of those cosplay.com galleries one of these days...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.