Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pic Thread: Post pics of yourself cosplaying as FMA character (from any series)!!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Conventions and Cosplays > Cosplay
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
tempest_Strife
Yay! I finished my Sloth cosplay at 2:30 yesterday morning for Kosaikon! I got an honorable mention for it, so I'm happy!

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=301547

http://photobucket.com/albums/y24/tempest_Strife/Kosaikon/

The second link is pictures of people from the con... the Ed with more golden hair is my sister, we won the honorable mention together.
Hagaren_Edward
Ano...I debuted my Ed costume at Kamikazecon....Still not quite done yet... I plan on cosplaying as Munich Ed for A-kon too...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/Hagaren_Edo/edovic.jpg

me posing with Vic happy.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/Haga...do/P0001247.jpg

Ed n Roy...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/Haga...o/lazychina.jpg

Pondering bout pie....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/Haga...o/shortjoke.jpg

Taisa does not call me short and get away with it....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/Haga...do/edroyarm.jpg

Professional photo taken...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/Hagaren_Edo/edosit.jpg

I was bored....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/Hagaren_Edo/eafb.jpg

Not my idea...Some random yaoi fangirl wanted Ed on Ed action...@_@

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/Hagaren_Edo/grope.jpg

I know the camera man who shot this one and I beat him till this day.... He took it too soon... I was putting my badge away... NOT groping myself... People call this the michael jackson Edward pic XD

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/Haga...do/DSCN0062.jpg

So random.....XD Im just...there...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/Haga...etatestedo2.jpg

My really good photo...The one where I really do look like Edo happy.gif

Hope y'all enjoy the pics! And feel free to give me tips or ask questions!

mod edit: images linked due to complaints about the screen being stretched out by the photos. please link all large photos in the future.
Thievesvinegar
How tall are you?
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ May 30 2005, 08:46 AM)
How tall are you?
[snapback]182141[/snapback]

he looks cute, huh, vinegar?....
Tobu!!!!
have you other pics of you... i mean in civil... i mean in your private life?! you are really interesting us...where do you come from?....

OMG!!! ohmy.gif
ARE YOU A GUY??????????????!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

-> no, you can't be... i saw current pictures of you(the one with naruto etc).....

-> MY RESPECT!! You are a very beautiful girl who can transform into guys, too.......!!!!!!!
*BOWS*

p.S.: in one picture(where you hold the milk-glass) you look like one of the early philosophers like Rouseeau etc... *gg nice!!!!!!!!!!!
Elderberry
Wow...Tobu-san...I have to say...everytime you do a cosplay, you always look very convingingly like the character! ohmy.gif
hagane_no_tokage
isn't she awesome? *bows to tobuchan's awesome seamstress skills*

*flails* i helped with the automail!!! XD
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Wow nice job! You really do look like Ed. Very nice automail, you and tokage did a great job with it.

Don't take this wrong but you really look like a guy in that costume, especially in that pic with Winry.
Carnal Malefactor
The fact that a female could look convincing as Ed speaks volumes.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Elderberry @ May 29 2005, 10:16 PM)
Uwaa, tokage-kun looks very graceful in that yukata! Nan to ka tottemo onnanoko rashiku ne~ Quite different from that image I have of her banging on the piano. laugh.gif

@Coffee-chon: Hihi! laugh.gif *waves* 'Purdy' seems to have become your favorite new word, nee~? tongue.gif
[snapback]182077[/snapback]

Hihi! Eke. laugh.gif *waves back rapidly* You've notice that 'purdy' has become of my daily vocabulary. :3 Though my favorite word is probably still, " Hihi EKE."(--> Sucks up) laugh.gif

Wow, Tobu really does look like Ed. The hair is so yellow o_o
Thievesvinegar
Cute, yes, especially the one with winry. Great job, you actually had me buy that you were Ed.
Tobu Ishi
Wow, thanks everybody! happy.gif I'm glad you think I make a good Edward. A lot of people at the con mistook me for a guy, too, and I was flattered--it's a compliment to my cosplaying skills, so thanks again for all your kind words!
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Tobu Ishi @ May 31 2005, 12:00 AM)
Wow, thanks everybody!  happy.gif  I'm glad you think I make a good Edward.  A lot of people at the con mistook me for a guy, too, and I was flattered--it's a compliment to my cosplaying skills, so thanks again for all your kind words!
[snapback]182723[/snapback]

I was looking at your other cosplay pictures , wow , good job. ._.
Omakase Shimasu
How I love cosplay when it's done right. biggrin.gif You make one convincing chibi. Two thumbs up from me~!
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Ok, I've gotten a few requests to see my Lust costume so here it goes. Before you look I was unable to get my wig the way I wanted it and it ended up looking like some partied out 80's metal boy and photographed horribily so I went without. However I did manage to make my hair somewhat glamourous.

I think I may write up the whole wig saga I think it would be perfect for AGG since there was lots of anger involved. laugh.gif

The costume itself I'm pretty happy with. Once I wore it to an actual con I knew what should be done with it. Plus, this is the second fitted garment I've ever made so considering my lacking sewing and fitting skills I think it looks pretty good. I did my best and that is all that matters.

So without further ado.

Lust v.1

[attachmentid=1305] Getting ready to leave for Fanime.

[attachmentid=1306] A Ghostbuster, a homonculus and a storm trooper walk into a coffee shop..........

[attachmentid=1307] This is for you Toby biggrin.gif
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 31 2005, 06:28 PM)
[attachmentid=1307]  This is for you Toby biggrin.gif
[snapback]183203[/snapback]

Waffo! A dedication to me! I feel t3h honored.

(On that note, I guess I should get a new Avvy. Then again, this one's working well enough for me... *Sigh* what to do?)
mongooseboi
ahhh envy i saw that ghost buster guy!! he was there pretty early and at the dealer's room when i was there around 11. and you look sooo awesome hehe next time ill be able to see you in real life :]
Slashrose1010
*in Dutch accent* Yesh, very toit. Toit like a toiger.

Nice cosplay, Mini, very smexy hawt Aherm, well done ^^ I like the Napolean Dynomite pic too laugh.gif Your dress is very black and shiney :3 Next, do Sloth X3 That would be dead smexy
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Thanks Slash and mongooseboi I'm glad you like my costume.

And Slash, next FMA cosplay I do will be Izumi cause I can bust the Kung Fu moves like she does. biggrin.gif Although I do have the hair for Sloth I would be tipping over that dress all day long.
Tobu Ishi
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 31 2005, 05:28 PM)
So without further ado.

Lust v.1
[snapback]183203[/snapback]

Wow, pretty! XD You're very glamorous as Lust. Where on earth did you find those gloves? And how did you do the sinstripes?
Quistis88
Very nice Lust. smile.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Thank you Tobu Ishi and Quistis. biggrin.gif

I made the gloves. Which actually means I bought the gloves and then painted the stripes by hand with fabric paint. I'm not very good with circles so I took a soy sauce bottle, chaulked the bottom and then pressed it to the glove to make an outline. Then just painted around it and viola!

I was really worried about finding gloves to match the material which is one reason I chose material with a sheen since most gloves are really shiny. But I lucked out and found gloves that match almost perfectly, they almost match the grain of the fabric. I was really hoping I wouldn't be one of those Lust cosplayers who had a matte dress and shinny gloves. laugh.gif

@Toby:

It's Bacon, you have to take him with a grain of salt. tongue.gif
Bubbles
This is the costume that I am making for MetroCon 2005 in Tampa Fl. The costume is almost completed. This is the version I will be wearing on Friday, and I will be adding the red coat for the costume contest on Sunday. These pictures were taken by my friend Lyn. Enjoy!!!

Click to view attachment
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/Lady...es/a5c4d715.jpg

<Edited and switched the posting of 1 oversize pic from Image posting to Attachment to stop stretching of the forum page sideways. 03/26/07 ~Tombow>
Otoki Tomoe
QUOTE(Tobu Ishi @ May 29 2005, 11:06 PM)

Holy crap. Don't take this the wrong way, but you are the hottest Ed cosplay I have ever seen.

I should have some pictures up soon if anyone is interested in seeing an ugly Edward *cries*. My brother is cosplaying Roy, but is in on a field mission right now (he's a real Dog of the Military), so we'll take pictures when he gets back.

First, I apologize if I've started a new thread unnecessarily and if it’s in the wrong section, please direct it to the correct one and slap my hand accordingly. tongue.gif That said:

My brother and I finally got a chance to put our costumes on and step into our roles as Roy Mustang and Edward Elric of Fullmetal Alchemist. The convention is on the weekend of July 4th, so we should have more photos to share after that. happy.gif

zomg!!!@1112!!one!!pne!! Tomoe actually put up pictures of herself! Willingly! Wtf?!1!!! And yes. I realize I'm an ugly Edward but it’s fun. Deal with it. tongue.gif

Ed’s back
IPB Image
The obligatory clap (who needs a stinkin’ transmutation circle, anyway? biggrin.gif )
IPB Image
Ed’s Transmutation
IPB Image
Roy: “My gloves are better than yours, Haganeno.”
Ed: “Yes, but at least I’m not worthless in the rain.”
Roy: “Feh. At least I’m not known as the Fullmetal Shrimp.”
IPB Image
Ed and Roy, probably insulting each other.
Wait… did he just call me Fullmetal Shrimp?
IPB Image
Ed and Roy, definitely insulting each other (he did call me a shrimp!)
IPB Image
Allow us to demonstrate…
[img]http://img299.echo.cx/img299/4060/haganenotaisa057mp.th.jpg[/img]
Some Roy x Edo fanservice (come on, you knew it was coming) XD
[img]http://img199.echo.cx/img199/7641/fanservice9yx.th.jpg[/img]
Roy: “Inu?” … “Inu-ne!”
[img]http://img126.echo.cx/img126/7432/taisainu8md.th.jpg[/img]
Roy about to lay the snap-down.
[img]http://img251.echo.cx/img251/4696/taisasnap8wc.th.jpg[/img]
Tobu Ishi
QUOTE(Otoki Tomoe @ Jun 19 2005, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE(Tobu Ishi @ May 29 2005, 11:06 PM)

Holy crap. Don't take this the wrong way, but you are the hottest Ed cosplay I have ever seen.

Wow. happy.gif No offense taken. Oh, but...don't take this the wrong way, but I'm female. Just so you're aware. I just have a flair for crossplay, it would seem, judging from the number of people who mistook me for a guy at that con. XD
hagane_no_tokage
My Hawkeye Costume's 15 minutes of Fame

IPB Image
full-shot

IPB Image
close-up (complete with red-eye! i am cursed with overly reflective retinas!!)

IPB Image
harassing a havoc cosplayer

IPB Image
OMG hawkeye x gackt OTP!!

IPB Image
got proposed to by a roy cosplayer. XD

this is just the miniskirt version i managed to get done in time for AX in anaheim... i've got the full uniform and several variations complete for otakon. please look forward to them! ^__^
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Aug 2 2005, 09:41 PM)
*snip swanky Riza costume*
[snapback]238173[/snapback]

Wow!
You look great. One of the best Riza's I've seen and you even have Black Hyate good job. Extra points for the miniskirt. tongue.gif

@Toby:

I don't think the shirt will be that hard. You may want to find a pattern that is close to what Envy's top looks like. More than likely it will be a dress pattern but that's a style that is not hard to come by.

Please do not cut the sleaves off a turtleneck or else I will be forced to dive up to Minnesota and smack you upside the head. tongue.gif
tokage who can't sign in at
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 3 2005, 10:59 AM)
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Aug 2 2005, 09:41 PM)
*snip swanky Riza costume*
[snapback]238173[/snapback]

Wow!
You look great. One of the best Riza's I've seen and you even have Black Hyate good job. Extra points for the miniskirt. tongue.gif

biggrin.gif thanks! i was so proud of it! i hate to see half-assed cosplay, so i really worked my tail off to make it accurate. and then when i was at the con i realized much to my dismay that *gasp* i had forgotten the two little...seal things on the collar. i was like... NOOOOOOO!!! [/vaderscream]

and it was too much fun to parade around in the miniskirt. XD

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Aug 3 2005, 10:59 AM)
@Toby:

I don't think the shirt will be that hard. You may want to find a pattern that is close to what Envy's top looks like. More than likely it will be a dress pattern but that's a style that is not hard to come by.

Please do not cut the sleaves off a turtleneck or else I will be forced to dive up to Minnesota and smack you upside the head. tongue.gif
[snapback]238889[/snapback]

i concur with the dress pattern idea... but if that doesn't work, the turtleneck thing could be done without warrant for upside-the-head smackage. just use a seam-ripper and *remove* the sleeves, as opposed to *cutting* them off...and then re-hem. i've done it. it looks fine if you do it right. laugh.gif
Quistis88
kage-sensei, your costume is absolutely splendid! biggrin.gif It's nice to see all that work and detail turned into such a fantastic outcome. Nicely done. smile.gif
DameGreyWulf
Hagane, you look better than most people in coplay outfits
I congratulate you on not looking like a total retard! XD
Envy's lil' miniskirt
^They are nice, I missed that. The Slicer Brother looks really good.

Well as some of you know I was making a new costume. I wore it yesterday at Yaoi-con. Pretty comfortable to wear I must say. So without further ado.

Who could it be?

and

Roy loves miniskirts
Toby-Chan
Oh, Mini! That's hawt! Makes me want to go and do my little crap cosplay for no occasion. (Actually... I should. It's almost halloween after all, and I have film left in the camera....)

I just have no way of doing the bands. How'd you manage that?
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Thank you Toby. biggrin.gif

You should do it, I want to see your costume.

Which bands are you talking about? The sin stripes in the back?
Carnal Malefactor
Shouldn't the hair be green?

Nah, I'm being a bastard. Great costume, Lori. smile.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Eventually perhaps. I'll have to see if it looks good in green.

Thanks Bacon. smile.gif

Toby-Chan
I've thought of Envy's hair as black with just a subtle green shine to it. Most anime characters with black hair don't have it purely black; there's generally some very light blue/gray lining to it in the shine.

I'll see what I can do. I'll need to get my shorts back from my sister, spend a little while fiddling with my hair, etc. Maybe I'll just do the hair and wear a black tank top to at least show you the general idea. No need to get all dressed up with nowhere to go. dry.gif
(Yes, I mean sin-stripes. How'd you do those?)
Envy's lil' miniskirt
What happened to your party?

The sin stripes I did by painting some flesh colored spandex with fabric paint. I just cut them out and had my friend paste them on with spirit gum. They stayed on all day. I tried to put them on myself but it's really a two person job.

Here's a better pic of them.

Sin stripes

I pined them to the top so they matched the line then had my friend glue them on and remove the pin. As far as I know they matched most of the time but I was tired in the pic and probably wasn't standing up very straight. tongue.gif

I always thought of Envy's hair as green since in the light it's green but black most other times. I think the hair could work either way myself.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 30 2005, 03:47 PM) [snapback]306585[/snapback]

What happened to your party?

I can't plan to save my life, so three people showed up, and none of them had costumes, and only one of the three had any idea what cosplay or FMA was. So we just... hung out. That was fun enough.
edsgirl
Damn baby! That is a great envy costume. Really freaking hot! I'm even more envious than before <_<
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Thanks babe! biggrin.gif

I guess you'll be wanting a private showing soon?

Just go easy on the wig.
Elderberry
@Miniskirt-san: Su-go~i! *___*

*saves photos to add to stalker collection*
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy @ Oct 31 2005, 04:10 PM) [snapback]307291[/snapback]

I guess you'll be wanting a private showing soon?

Hey! If she gets one, I get one! tongue.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Thanks EKE! biggrin.gif

@Bacon:
Sez who? huh.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Oh yeah?
Show me.
you big liar

Here's a full pic of the costume. The ones I had on my camera sucked but someone at the con took this one and I found it today.

More vile narcismtongue.gif

Wait, there's more!

I probably should have waited to find all the pics before I posted the costume but oh well. I really like the head shot. That photographer does good work.

I look uber pale in this picture. Of course I am uber pale so there you go.
Toby-Chan
The second link's not working.

Wow, you really strapped down for that costume. Did it hurt? o.o
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Yeah, the gallery the second photo is in had that pic twice so of course the one I linked too was the one they took down. tongue.gif

Here it is

Best shot of the wig I've found so far. But it doesn't help that people are being slow with posting their yaoi-con pics (me included).

Actually, I didn't bind myself for the costume. I tried to but the straps of the ace bandage showed badly under the thin spandex so the day of I ended up just wearing a couple of band-aids for modesty.
Celestial Shadow
So that's what a non-creepy Envy cosplayer looks like! Geez, Mini, you do look hot there tongue.gif You did such a great job with the costume, it was worth the wait biggrin.gif (Did anyone ever tell you you have amazing eyes? blink.gif )
Quistis88
mini is now one of my favorite cosplayers. ph34r.gif biggrin.gif Awesome physique as well. wink.gif
Celestial Shadow
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 1 2005, 10:52 PM) [snapback]308035[/snapback]

mini is now one of my favorite cosplayers. ph34r.gif biggrin.gif Awesome physique as well. wink.gif

I know! She almost looks like she works out! (Maybe she does...)
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Thanks Phyco Girl. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 1 2005, 07:52 PM) [snapback]308035[/snapback]

Damn thanks Quistis. ohmy.gif

Celes
Yes I did work out before I went prancing around in that outfit. Longsword made up a work-out routine for me. I'm still not where I want to be but I'm getting there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.