Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's discuss about CLAMP, Creator of X/1999, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Card Captor Sakura, XXXholic, Wish...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3
blueices
Yes i heard that too. I hope they use the same cast from Cardcaptor sakura and have cameos from the X/1999 and Cobits seiyuus

Syaoran, Yukito, and Toya's seiyuu's I especially want to hear again :::faints:::

If you watch Cardcaptor Sakura, you'll recognize Yukito's voice from a load of stuff.

Yukito's seiyuu was Shinji in Neon Genesis Evangelion, Sailor Uranus in Sailor Moon, also was in Getbackers (but as I have not seen that anime yet, I don't know which voice it was..)
DarkWarrior
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Dec 11 2004, 11:27 AM)
Chii is so overrated though

THANK YOU! I knew i wasn't alone in this world!

Ok about Clamp's work. I only read Chobits, CCS, some Tsubasa and Vol1 of XXX holic. I think their art is beautiful, especially in chobits. From what I have read, Clamp doesn't have the typical concept of "good vs evil" and the stories mostly revolves around love and trust. Yes I am not a gay pairing fan... but I try to not let that affect the story.

Ok something about chobits... I have recently finished reading it, and I didn't think it was AMAZING. Yes it was funny, so that made up for alot of cheesey romance. (Yeah I didn't like the pairing... they were too perfect for each other) Urgh, I found alot of pictures disturbing... I mean yeah the manga is probably for adult readers, but its just that Chi is supposed to be this innocent "child" but they draw her in sexy poses. I liked CCS though biggrin.gif the chemistry betweey syaran and sakura.
Kihaku
blue:
Thanks for the info! biggrin.gif
Yup, I've been meaning to read CCS for some time already.. apparenlty 10 vols are available at the library. Yay! biggrin.gif I still have to read X too..

DarkWarrior:
Hmm... You might be right about the typical "good" and "evil" thing... I also kind of think of the sides as just opposing, but mostly it's pretty easy to distinguish the "light" and dark". I like the concept in Magic Knight Rayearth, how there wasn't any actual good and evil at all. It's a little different in X though. tongue.gif
And about gay pairing.. tongue.gif In my opinion there's not enough of it. tongue.gif

I'm one of those naive readers who didn't find Chobits distrubing..tongue.gif
But I agree that Chi is cute, otherwise nothing special.. and I wasn't that much of a fan of the pairing. I was never really properly convinced that Chi's an actual person.. but I enjoyed the manga enough. smile.gif
Fresh_Coffee
I don't think Chi is overrated I think she's cool and cute laugh.gif I never even know the whole time that it was called X/X 1999 I always thought it was XXX(that looks bad) anyway it was the first anime that introduced me to the world of Shounen-ai since ummm ya there was a lot of shounen-ai evident.
blueices
the X/1999 anime? Yeah...there's a memorable episode where Fuma pins Kamui against the wall and....

[blue's eyes glaze over and she loses her train of thought]

laugh.gif
devhdz
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Nov 27 2004, 05:31 AM)
Well, CLAMP is specialized in the shoujo-genre, so it isn't that surprising homo-pairings can be found in one of their manga. biggrin.gif

I only liked WISH, btw. So you could say I'm not really that much of a fan. But it's small and Kokuyo's just awesome. cool.gif ...... X3 Muwahahahahaha~ (<-- evil thoughts, don't ask)
[snapback]41388[/snapback]

I agree all the way. I got to say though it made it a whole lot more interesting and I totally love their art and I'm inlove with sakura. I thought the end was so romantic. After I read it I couldn't sleep and that is what I thought about for at least a week. I thought no one else would like it since it was kind of the girly type of manga but I adored it. I have to say that chobits caught me off guard at first but I say it's alright. Right now I started reading Angelic layer and Its also kind of girly and it's got a clisheik story but its very fun to read especially because of those twists that the writers like to add. [SIZE=7][COLOR=red]I"m In love with Clamp
Fresh_Coffee
*tries to wake up Blue, it's not working* I was wondering Blue for CCS are you a SxS fan or a SxT fan? Tsubasa is so very interesting Fye is an interesting character and Mokona has stolen my heart again. He was so cute in Rayearth. Thanks so much Blue for telling me about Tsubasa *nods* Oh do we get to see Tomoyo again?
Kihaku
Oh gosh.. I soooo want to see to see X wink.gif (Yes, I'm working on it.. tongue.gif) I think I saw a pic of that scene with Fuma and Kamui, but it could have been something else too..
And oh, don't forget Subaru and Seishiro! biggrin.gif
blueices
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Mar 3 2005, 09:11 PM)
*tries to wake up Blue, it's not working* I was wondering Blue for CCS are you a SxS fan or a SxT fan? Tsubasa is so very interesting Fye is an interesting character and Mokona has stolen my heart again. He was so cute in Rayearth. Thanks so much Blue for telling me about Tsubasa *nods* Oh do we get to see Tomoyo again?
[snapback]126219[/snapback]

[Blue is shaken awake] laugh.gif

You mean Sakura/Syaoran and Sakura/Tomoyo right?
hmmm....I'm in love with syaoran so of course I have to say Sakura/Syaoran
but I feel so bad for poor Tomoyo... sad.gif Both in the anime and the manga, (the scene where she talks about being happy even though the person she loves doesn't return her feelings) makes me want to cry.

Tomoyo makes an appearance rather early in Tsubasa (hint: she's a Queen of a place that looks like ancient Japan and Kuru-puu works for her) tongue.gif

And yes Fye is awesome!
I'm a definite fan of the Fye/Kuru-puu pairing laugh.gif (I love the silly nicknames Fye uses!)

I just realized more X characters actually have appeared so far in Tsubasa I think 3 more to be precise (I won't spoil it for you though) wink.gif

QUOTE(Kihaku @ Mar 4 2005, 11:59 AM)
Oh gosh.. I soooo want to see to see X wink.gif (Yes, I'm working on it.. tongue.gif) I think I saw a pic of that scene with Fuma and Kamui, but it could have been something else too..
And oh, don't forget Subaru and Seishiro! biggrin.gif
[snapback]126529[/snapback]

That scene...its very S+M.... (quite a memorable moment, makes me want to watch the episode again...I'm guessing its around the 12th or 14th ep???)

Also, Kihaku, You'll be happy to hear that Subaru is one of the Characters that makes an appearance in Tsubasa happy.gif

[Blue's eyes begin to glaze over again] happy.gif
Kihaku
Darn. I feel so out of the CCS discussion... Seems like everyone knows it. smile.gif
Ooh yay! Subaru is in Tsubasa too? That makes three Clamp manga series in which he plays a part. biggrin.gif
Elderberry
Syaoran, Yukito, and Toya's seiyuu's I especially want to hear again :::faints:::

Yukito's seiyuu was Shinji in Neon Genesis Evangelion, Sailor Uranus in Sailor Moon, also was in Getbackers (but as I have not seen that anime yet, I don't know which voice it was..)
Yukito's seiyuu (Ogata Megumi) also plays Yugi in Yu-Gi-Oh, Kurama in Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Izumi in Full Moon wo Sagashite, Emeraude/Eagle in Magic Knight Rayearth, and a LOT of other roles...

Kumai Motoko, who voiced Syaoran, also did the voice of Sumomo in Chobits. laugh.gif

I haven't gotten too far into Tsubasa so far, but I've read a lot of Clamp's slightly older works...Rayearth, X, CCS, Wish, Clover, Chobits, Angelic Layer, Shin Shunkaden...sleep.gif
Fresh_Coffee
Kihaku: You should read/watch CCS it's very good I think you would be a supporter of YxT *nods* The strangest couple for me in CCS is

[spoiler] It has to be Eriol and Kaho 0_0 the age difference is kinda of weird and there isn't any evidence that I can recall [/spoiler]
blueices
Oh yess...Yukito and Toya *yum* Eyes glaze over yet again

[spoiler]the Kaho/Eriol pairing doesn't seem so bad if you take his uber deep voice and maturity into consideration laugh.gif

But what about Terada-sensei and Rika? blink.gif CLAMP seems to have a thing for making even the oddest pairs work somehow laugh.gif In the manga it seems a more feasible relationship than in the anime though[/spoiler]
DarkWarrior
Yeah Clamp does have odd paring 0.0

Like in Chobits, for those who read it, k well i'm not gonna spoil it [MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS] but the "other chii" inside chi's head was feeling chi all of ther place... and kissing her too... Well it's not bad if you think that it's the same person... but since it's not... and guess who it is... cough cough.... taht makes it disturbing. Ya know?
LordGohan
clamp...rocks my world!i bet u cant tell what my favorite is???lol
right know its tsubasa and xxx holic,i havent read any others but there like the only manga i read.
DarkWarrior
Hey btw when is directmanga.com server not busy? i've been trying to get the rest of the tsubasa chapters but it's always busy sleep.gif...
Kihaku
Coffee:
Oh yes! I'm working on it biggrin.gif
Yukito and Toya.. I think I saw a pic of them once.. which was incredibly cute. At least I think it was them.. since it was from CCS wink.gif

DarkWarrior:
I guess the odd piairngs are left to the reader.. tongue.gif From what I've read there are quite a few "actual" couples.. Still many are very hinted biggrin.gif
Elderberry
right know its tsubasa and xxx holic,i havent read any others but there like the only manga i read.
But you're missing out on so many of CLAMP's older series if you're doing that...sad.gif
kaitokuroba
long long age I like clamp.but now they have lost, I don't know where
are the ture clamp now.I hope they can come back
Kihaku
Eh? Now I don't get it? What is it that you mean?
I liked some of the "older" series I've read and also some of the "newer" ones. I like the fact that the series can be also very different from each other with different themes.
Elderberry
True...although I do tend to prefer the art/storylines of their older series, but some of their newer series are excellent as well. happy.gif
Kihaku
Which are actually the "new" and the "older" ones...
Aren't XXXholic, Tsubasa and Chobits the newer ones?
From those I've read only Chobits and I guess I fancied MKR and WISH more... but I enjoyed Chobits anyway smile.gif
I really like the the art and themes in Tokyo Bablyon and X though.. maybe the most.. but from what I've seen think the art in all the series is beautiful... and as for enjoyment.. it's prob. more to do with the actual series than the time it was created tongue.gif
Hmm.. now that got me thinking...
Blade Alchemist
I've only read a few by Clamp and so far I like them all. Legal Drug is a good one.
Fresh_Coffee
Blue: [spoiler] Yes I know that's kinda of freaky... I mean in the manga Terada gives Rika a ring in hopes they can one day get married. His like 27 and she's 10? 0_0 weird couples ... Touya and Kaho was a weird thing too. Clamp just wouldn't be Clamp without odd couples. laugh.gif [/spoiler]

Kihaku: You gotta read CCS your missing out on a lot! Did the picture get you interested?
Kihaku
No worries! I've seen the first two eps of the anime and will be able to read start reading the manga too wink.gif.
Then I'll have a look at all those spoilers wink.gif.
The pic.. I remember thinking that those guys look cute together.. but I didn't really pay much attention to it, because I didn't have much interest for or knowledge about the series. (also I wwondered why that was my test result). I kind of regret it now.. but it might be good that I didn't spoil myself.
Kind of funny though .. I once did a test "which Clamp anime/manga for you" or something like that and my result was CCS tongue.gif I was like "whaaat?"
I don't often trust those results. tongue.gif
MasterKris
The only Clamp I'm ever interested is Card Captor Sakura. I read some others but they weren't interesting to me.

OKAY!!! I FOUND ANOTHER CLAMP MANGA THAT I LIKE!!!!!!!!!! TSUBASA!!!
Tsubasa is great. I started reading it now. When I read the first few pages, I said to myself, "Oh, that girl looks just like Sakura." But when Syaoran called out 'Sakura', I was like, "okayyyy, this is getting interesting." cool.gif
I REALLY like Fye! He is sooo hayane~ (And funny~) big kitty~ biggrin.gif
Kurogane is funny too, big doggie~
One thing I noticed is that Syaoran's personality is wayyy too weird. I liked that spoiled brat personality more... little doggie~
Sakura is more jumpy and has a bright personality. But I don't mind much. little kitty~
Since Chobits and CCS is the only manga I read from CLAMP, (Okay, I lied. I did read some other few chapters of other mangas) so it is kinda confusing weither they are from the real manga or not. huh.gif
(I was disappointed when I found out there was no Fye in any manga...) sad.gif
TSUBASA IS GREAT!! READ IT!!! laugh.gif
I was wondering, is there an anime for Tsubasa? If so, how many episodes? wink.gif
Fresh_Coffee
Please don't double post and we were just talking about Tsubasa ^^; there is going to be an anime in the making for Tsubasa.
Kihaku
Tadaa!
Well.. actually I've still just seen 5 eps of the CCS anime and started liking TouyaxYukito immediately... I'm still looking forward to seeing all 70 eps, even thought I've read the manga. Yes. I read all 12 volumes in a row. Once I started I couldn't stop... especially when I just had to keep on watching the relationship between Touya and Yukito progress. smile.gif
[spoiler] Wow! I can't believe that the pairing became canon. *jumps with joy*. I almost burst when Yukito revealed that the person he loved the most, was Touya smile.gif. I thought it was pretty obvious that Touya loved him... well he told Kaho that he was interested in someone else (and who else could that someone be wink.gif).. and he always wanted to tell him something (okay, it could have been knowing about Yue, but anyway)... so after that "confession" I was ecstatic biggrin.gif They pretty much seem to have an established relationship at the end too. *jumps up and down uncontrollably*.. I guess that's as close as CLAMP will depict it. I was positively surprised that it went that far. [/spoiler]

I was pretty surprised with many thing in CCS actually. It wasn't really like I had thought it would be.. much more complex and a lot more drama than I would have expected. I thought it would be just a cute shoujo story, which it was, but much more too. I'm really glad I read it.. and if I just had some money.. I'd reallly like the manga for myself too smile.gif
yeah.. certain odd pairings and infuation surprised me.

[spoiler]Tomoyo's crush on Sakura... very interesting. I kind of felt sorry for her, but I don't think it's that hopeless.. after all Syaoran and Sakura found new love too smile.gif
Speaking of which.. Syaoran's crush on Yukito was adorable smile.gif And hilarious...
The only thing that kind of made me.. um... uneasy was Rika and her teacher... I have to draw the line when it comes to pedophilia. It was cute.. but okay.. if their love still remains until the time she's 16.. then it's fine with me.
Eriol and Kaho didn't bother me... since he is actually older than he looks.. and it seemed like it wasn't exactly time for their relationship... [/spoiler]
blueices
Yay! I'm so happy you read it (it's one of my favorite series) happy.gif

The anime is just as good, I think...they didn't mess things up I think. (and the two movies were very sweet)

Also, that Yukito/Yue scene is wonderful. In the anime there are many more scenes here and there displaying their affection for each other.

::: hanyan::: wub.gif
Steel Alchemist
Is it a publishing company?
Kihaku
blue:
Absolutely! It quickly became one of my faves too! biggrin.gif
Gosh, I have to see the films! yeah.. I thought that the amount of episodes would have some "extra stuff"... but I expected the manga to have more "moments".. Don't know why. I can't really say anything having seen so little of the anime.

Steel Alchemist:
CLAMP is a group of 4 women , responsible of bringing us awesome series wink.gif (art &story).
Fresh_Coffee
Yah, for once I got a couple Kihaku would like all my other tries have gone down the drain.XD
Kihaku
Heh, I really, really love that couple. Not just like.... smile.gif
Now I'm interested, what were all your other tries? tongue.gif
Oh, and since I thought I won't be buying CCS yet, because of my money loss I bought the first two volumes of Legal Drug. I really liked it. biggrin.gif Heh, the hints.. *starts dreaming*
After CCS it would be my favourite.
Oh, and not caring for money loss, I bought the first two columes of CCS... and I can't buy more.. darn. But at least I have some time to come up with money (how on earth?) till volume 6 of the new release comes out....
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
CLAMP!!!! one of my favourite comics to read!!!

my favourites are Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits and X
Hawkeyes counterpart
I love CLAMP!!! biggrin.gif tongue.gif

Anyway, I love Wish, Chobits, XXXHOLIC, Tsubasa, Magic Knights RayEarth^_^, I

[B] will come back if I think of anymore biggrin.gif
StateAlchemistElric
CLAMP put out four good mangas
Chobits
XXXholic
Cardcaptor Sakura
and Tsubasa

that's about it
Celestial Shadow
Hmm...Do I like Clamp...
RianDarkAngel
I like CLAMP. I admire their work very much. happy.gif
animejunkie429800
I love CLAMP! ^^ (obviously) I like:

xxxholic, CCS, Tsubasa, Chobits, and Clamp School Dectitives.
lialiakicks
CLAMP = AWESOME!!!!!!!

Um, I've read Tsubasa, xxxHolic, Chobits, some of Rayearth, X/1999, Clamp School Detectives, Legal Drug, Wish, some of RG Veda... Yeah.
LordGohan
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 10 2005, 03:46 PM)
The only Clamp I'm ever interested is Card Captor Sakura. I read some others but they weren't interesting to me.

OKAY!!! I FOUND ANOTHER CLAMP MANGA THAT I LIKE!!!!!!!!!! TSUBASA!!!
Tsubasa is great. I started reading it now. When I read the first few pages, I said to myself, "Oh, that girl looks just like Sakura." But when Syaoran called out 'Sakura', I was like, "okayyyy, this is getting interesting." cool.gif
I REALLY like Fye! He is sooo hayane~ (And funny~) big kitty~ biggrin.gif
Kurogane is funny too, big doggie~
One thing I noticed is that Syaoran's personality is wayyy too weird. I liked that spoiled brat personality more... little doggie~
Sakura is more jumpy and has a bright personality. But I don't mind much. little kitty~
Since Chobits and CCS is the only manga I read from CLAMP, (Okay, I lied. I did read some other few chapters of other mangas) so it is kinda confusing weither they are from the real manga or not. huh.gif
(I was disappointed when I found out there was no Fye in any manga...) sad.gif
TSUBASA IS GREAT!! READ IT!!! laugh.gif
I was wondering, is there an anime for Tsubasa? If so, how many episodes? wink.gif
[snapback]129940[/snapback]

to answer your question yes there is a tsubasa anime,although the rules here say that i cant say where...but if there was this thing that would let u send im over the internet without using a forum...id be happy to tell u where they are.also,like anything else u can find em on bittorent but the d/l times are super slow...

also there is a xxxholic anime coming out biggrin.gif
MiyokoChan
CLAMP is one of my favorites- super beautiful artwork. I'll stare at it even if I'm not too intrigued by the story. wink.gif I like Tsubasa, Xxxholic, Clover, X, and MKR. Sometimes their dialogue is so melodramatic it makes me cringe, but that just adds to their charm. biggrin.gif
Celestial Shadow
I like X, Card Captor Sakura, and I wanna read/watch Tsubasa eventually.
sora-chan
i love CLAMP!>_<right now im listening to CardCaptor Sakura ost no.2!i love them!has anyone seen ep.70 of CardCapto Sakura?ohhh its ssooo sad of Sakura!>_<
animejunkie429800
I never got to finish CCS yet. mellow.gif

I didn't really like it, although the expressions were funny.

I need to read Rayearth soon...
Dai
I'm not a "Clamp Fan" but I like some of their works, like X, CC Sakura, or Tsubara Reservoir Chronicle.
the_lightning_alchemist10
So far I read Chobits 1 and 2 also Magic Knight Rayearth (1-3). I LOVE THEM BOTH!!!!!! Right now I hope to borrow my friend's Cardcapter Sakura.
ChibiOtakuElric
Tsubasa, Card Captor Sakura, XXXholic and Chobits are the BEST!!!!
animejunkie429800
I really like xxxholic, Tsubasa, and my sister like CCS. biggrin.gif
ChibiOtakuElric
X/1991 looks soo cool i have to try it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.