Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fullmetal Alchemist Manga Prototype (No, it's NOT a story Arakawa-sensei wrote about 10 years ago, with flying squirrel. ^^)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2
Kasumisty
Raw posted here.

Complete English summary here. (And, you probably want to check this post ^^)

NOTE: this is NOT an FMA prototype story Arakawa-sensei wrote about 10 years ago. smile.gif

QUOTE ("Anime News Network")
The May issue of Square Enix's Monthly Shonen Gangan magazine is announcing on Tuesday that the July issue will publish Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist "Prototype" manga as a one-shot in June.

Source - Anime News Network

I remember I've read something about that "prototype manga". It has flying squirrels in it o.O

Arakawa seems to not let FMA go, does she. Well, I'm glad, because I will get something similliar to that old, good, monthly waiting for new chapter.
A Pierrot's Aria
Ah! How intriguing! This will definitely be interesting to see. I wonder what it will be like! I wonder if the character designs were a little different back in the prototype? I remember looking at the One Piece "Prototype" and Luffy had a beard. laugh.gif

Thank you for the news, Kasumisty!

<This thread should probably be moved to the Fullmetal Alchemist Manga Forum, instead, I should think. You could say it was another work, but really it's more to do do with FMA, right? tongue.gif

ETA: I've moved this thread to the FMA Manga Forum and added the source of the information to your first post. happy.gif>
Michiyo-
That's great news, thanks for posting it, Kasumisty! biggrin.gif

I can't wait to see the FMA ptototype. Most likely the drawing will be similar to the first chapters, but it'll be interesting to see how different the story or the characters was. ^^
Chiyo
SQUIRREL?!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Well I'm going to assume Ed wasn't originally 6ft 4in but it shall be interesting to see what was changed. I'm hoping enough was different to make this release interesting, otherwise it will feel like she just can't let FMA go.

(But then, neither can the fans, right?)
Tombow
Thank you, Kasumisty for the news!! happy.gif

Ad for upcoming issue of GanGan (source: MangaNews)

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Apr 11 2011, 03:27 AM) *
Arakawa seems to not let FMA go, does she. ...
QUOTE (Chiyo @ Apr 11 2011, 05:15 AM) *
Well I'm going to assume Ed wasn't originally 6ft 4in but it shall be interesting to see what was changed. I'm hoping enough was different to make this release interesting, otherwise it will feel like she just can't let FMA go. ...

I don't know if this is the case of Arakawa-sensei not letting go of FMA... to me it looks rather.. GanGan not letting go of it's cash cow, FMA/Arakawa-sensei who has now moved on to writing "Silver Spoon" on weekly Sunday, for Shougakukan, a different publisher. tongue.gif

I assume this is the one-shot story she wrote about 10 years ago for Ganagan? and then from which FMA, the series was born...? am I assuming correctly? If so, I think it has the similar art style to the chapter 1 of FMA. smile.gif

Still, like Kasumisty said above, it invokes that familiar "waiting for FMA chapter on next month's GanGan" feeling. It's like reuniting with a good old friend, and I'm looking forward to it! biggrin.gif
Chiyo
Ah, fair point Tombow, I take it back.

I think she's been fairly consistent with her artistic style all the way through FMA, so I'd guess it wouldn't be as dramatic a change as The Simpsons then and now...but are our beloved characters going to look much different?
Ama-ri
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 11 2011, 12:16 PM) *
GanGan not letting go of it's cash cow, FMA/Arakawa-sensei

cash cow is indeed fitting.

I'm really looking forward to it.
If it really is the one-shot where FMA was born from, I just hope it isn't just another version of Reole (which I think was probably the weakest part of FMA) or another story we know already.
I guess it will be a random helping-someone-story without a hint to the big picture it later had, maybe there wasn't an Al before? Or Al without the armor? Or maybe Ed was taller older...
hnn I really want to read it.
Pyroclasm
Huh, this looks like it could be interesting... I can't help but wonder what it will be like...
Michiyo-
This blog entry seems to have some info about the Prototype manga, it links to an Arakawa interview from 2003, when she talked about the original FMA one-shot.
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/growfat/20110411
timeitekina-yume
Oh my! Thank you greatly for the news, Kasumisty!
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Apr 11 2011, 03:27 AM) *
I don't know if this is the case of Arakawa-sensei not letting go of FMA... to me it looks rather.. GanGan not letting go of it's cash cow, FMA/Arakawa-sensei who has now moved on to writing "Silver Spoon" on weekly Sunday, for Shougakukan, a different publisher.

Yes, a very good point. I didn't want FMA to end, I love Arakawa-sensei's works... But, really! Every good story has to have a good end!
And, one more thing... Does a mangaka have a right to draw manga in two different magazines at the same time? I thought that they have some kind of a contract, which makes that (I mean drawing in two different magazines) forbidden. Yes, I read Bakuman smile.gif
With all of these mangas, I wonder, how many hours Arakawa works per day? It seems to me that she is just tireless supercowwoman. I hope it doesn't affect her health in a very bad way...
Anyway, I wish her luck, and I really look forward to her works (as much as everyone here^^), but I also want her to be healthy and happy smile.gif
Tombow
^ @timeitekina-yume - Don't worry, Arakawa-sensei wrote this story about 10 years ago, before Fullmetal Alchemist became a monthly manga series on Shounen GanaGan. biggrin.gif (By the way, welcome to our forums! Nice to see your posts! ^^)

------

QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Apr 11 2011, 03:37 PM) *
This blog entry seems to have some info about the Prototype manga, it links to an Arakawa interview from 2003, when she talked about the original FMA one-shot.
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/growfat/20110411

I was desperately searching for that interview! Thank you, Michiyo-! ^^

From posted link above, posted below is part of Arakawa-sensei's interview on Dec. 6, 2006, on her prototype manga for Fullmetal Alchemist manga series (Yes, the story of a talking SQUIRREL and tall Ed. xp)
荒川:...元々メインキャラの設定は、父親と息子だったんです。
主人公である息子は18歳くらいで、機械鎧。エドの原型ですが、背は小さくはありませんでしたよ。
父親喋るモモンガでした。
錬成の失敗でアルの魂が鎧の体に埋め込まれたように、父の魂もモモンガに乗り移ったんです。
でも、結局は少年ガンガンの読者に合わせて主人公の年齢を下げ、パートナーも父親ではなく、弟にしました。
アルが大きな鎧に入っているのは、主人公の対比として、大きいキャラを出したかったからです。

<My quick translations>
Arakawa: ...Originally, the main characters were father and son.
Son was the main protagonist, about Eighteen years old, and with automail. Ed's prototype was not short.
Father was a talking momonga* Note: That's Japanese dwarf flying squirrel (click for the pic). I think you can see them in Hokkaido, where Arakawa-sensei grew up.
Just as Al's soul was attached to a suit of armor in the FMA series as the result of failed human translmustation, in this story the father's soul was attached to a body of momonga.
But, in the end, we decided to make changes for the FMA series to fit the reader population of Shounen GanGan magazine, and lowered the main peotagonist's age, and also made him teamed up with his brother instead of his father.
The reason Al is in a huge suite of armor is to make him a large-sized character, contrasting to the short-sized main protagonist.
Rainshine
Wow, this sure looks interesting. It seemed at the beginning, Arakawa meant the story to be more lighthearted or comical than it ended up being. I mean, father's soul in the body of a flying squirrel? Ha!

I can't wait to see it. biggrin.gif Will it be posted anywhere for people to read?
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you Tombow!

That's certainly...interesting...laugh.gif I'm just glad she didn't decide to go with that in the end, if I'm being honest. xD; It'll still be interesting to take a look at, though!
Michiyo-
Thanks for the translation, Tombow! biggrin.gif The story looks very interesting, I can't wait to see it!

Btw, I just realized that the release of this prototype manga will be exactly one year after the end of FMA. ^^
Chiyo
Darn it Tombow, now I have to take back what I said about Ed probably not being 6ft originally
Pyroclasm
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 12 2011, 10:43 PM) *
Father was a talking momonga
...Okay, I read this and laughed. laugh.gif That would be funny to see. Arakawa-sensei should include a talking momonga in one of her future works or something. XD
timeitekina-yume
Tombow, eh, how stupid of me xD Thank you, I get it now)
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 12 2011, 02:13 PM)
By the way, welcome to our forums! Nice to see your posts! ^^

Thank you, I'm glad to be here) I can discuss my favourite manga with interesting people, that's why I just can't fell another way)

QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 12 2011, 02:13 PM)
in this story the father's soul was attached to a body of momonga.

Ahaha, I imagine Hoho in that way biggrin.gif And suddenly! Tall Ed! laugh.gif I can't wait to see that)
Thank you greatly for the information, Tombow! You've made my day)
Kirara
I wonder if the prototype Manga will be published in FMA Chronicles too?

Well I guess this is another thing I have to buy. FMA is really my weakness

And wow flying squirrel I never would imagined the series would take such a different turn in the end. laugh.gif
Michiyo-
The CM of the June issue of Gangan is up on Ganganís website, and it has a small ad for the FMA prototype that comes out next month (June 10).
According to it, the Prototype chapter will be 61 pages long. Also, the July issue of Gangan will come with an FMA clock as a bonus gift.

Hereís a pic of the ad: (Warning, the pic contains Series Final Spoiler!)
http://i55.tinypic.com/2lo3w3a.jpg

Another ad page from the June issue of Gangan: (found on Baidu)
A Pierrot's Aria
Thanks for the news, Michiyo-! Oooh! That's a nice clock! biggrin.gif
Tombow
Thank you, Michiyo-! biggrin.gif
Looking at the ad, it shows Ed and Al in the background pic, and the ad makes it sounds kind of as if Arakawa-sesnsei wrote this one anew, although it doesn't clearly says that, but then it wouldn't be called "prototype" for the series if it's written after the series is over, would it? xp I'd love to be able to read what it says in the ad, on the bottom part of left page, to find out any more info on this, but it's blurred and illegible. If anyone finds clearer scan, please post!! ^^
Kirara
Does anyone have the link on Amazon.co.jp for this issue?
Misty- Nala
What a prototype... I can honestly say that if that had been made into a story and been released, I wouldn't have gotten into the series laugh.gif

But, it is interesting to see the changes that made it what it became. Some dramatic changes it took and, I think, they were for the best.
That flying squirrel should be included in an omake!
Michiyo-
The ad for the next issue is up on Gangan's website:
Warning, Series Final Spoiler!

Most likely FMA will also get the cover of the next issue. I can't wait for it. ^^

@Kirara: Hereís the amazon.jp link for the July issue: http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%B0%91%E5%B9%B4...7340&sr=1-1
Kirara
Thank You Michiyo..I don't know if this issue will sell out but I think I will pre-order it just to be on the safe side. smile.gif

And I heard FMA will be on the cover...plus there will be color pages. Shounen Gangan really can't seem to let go of FMA (not that I mind, although my wallet might)
Tombow
QUOTE (Kirara @ May 12 2011, 09:23 PM) *
And I heard FMA will be on the cover...plus there will be color pages. Shounen Gangan really can't seem to let go of FMA (not that I mind, although my wallet might)

Yap, the ad posted by Michiyo- above says so also. I'm excited! biggrin.gif (And I, too don't mind that GanGan is not "moving on". tongue.gif ) BTW, the ad doesn't say much...just saying that they will have the prototype story, and the cover and the color page, and the clock as the bonus gift, and Arkawa-sensei drew new illustration just for that clock, and it's coming out on Friday, June 10. smile.gif
Michiyo-
I just checked amazon.jp, and they uploaded a HQ pic of the FMA clock that comes with Gangan:

Warning! Series Final Spoiler!
FMA clock
I really like this image of Ed & Al. ^^
A Pierrot's Aria
Awesome! Thank you so much for posting this, Michiyo-! hug.gif

I absolutely adore the image; (Warning! Potential end of series spoilers ahead!-->)It's always lovely to see the two brothers smiling together!
AA battery
Does a mangaka have a right to draw manga in two different magazines at the same time?

Probably not. Otherwise CLAMP wouldn't be drawing like 3+ series at the same time all the time.

@Kirara: So you pre-ordered the issue on Amazon I'm guessing? Is it 580yen + 3000yen?
Michiyo-
The cover of the July issue of Gangan is out!

(Warning! The image on the clock contains series final spoiler!)
FMA Gangan cover
Captions on the magazine cover (translated... this actually sounds more dramatic in Japanese XD):
He is back!! At a desert town of クロワトール(kurowatooru)... a boy arrives, accompanied by a suit of armor!!
This is the root of one of the most powerful fantasy comics! Fullmetal Alchemist prototype, a special 61 page one-shot drawing by Hiromu Arakawa, with magazine cover and color pages.

It's great to see an FMA cover on Gangan, that image of Ed & Al looks very nice. I can't wait to read the Prototype! biggrin.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you so much, Michiyo-! hug.gif

That's such an awesome cover --you're right, it is great to see an FMA cover again! biggrin.gif
Tombow
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ May 31 2011, 07:44 AM) *
The cover of the July issue (coming out on June 11 in Japan) of Gangan is out!

(Warning! The image on the clock contains series final spoiler!)
FMA Gangan cover

It's great to see an FMA cover on Gangan, that image of Ed & Al looks very nice. I can't wait to read the Prototype! biggrin.gif

Thank you, Michiyo-! I love the cover! biggrin.gif

Captions on the magazine cover (translated... this actually sounds more dramatic in Japanese XD):
He is back!! At a desert town of クロワトール(kurowatooru)... a boy arrives, accompanied by a suit of armor!!
This is the root of one of the most powerful fantasy comics! Fullmetal Alchemist prototype, a special 61 page one-shot drawing by Hiromu Arakawa, with magazine cover and color pages.

And, yes, the July issue (coming out on June 11) of GanGan comes with a bonus gift, Fullmetal Alchemist special clock, and also a huge collection of info & article on Fullmetal Alchemist Sacred Star of Milos movie that will premier on July 2 in Japan. smile.gif

So, according to this, I assume it's a story with Ed and Al, by Arakawa-sensei. It's a NEW story (at least, new to us ^^), and it's the prototype for FMA, and it has Ed and Al, not a flying squirrel. And, it's 61 pages long. biggrin.gif

Anyway, the cover looks GREAT (yes, it's so nice to see FMA cover on GanGan again! ^^), and the clock looks awesome, and I can't wait to read this one!!!! biggrin.gif
Kirara
Perhaps the thing about the flying squirrel was actually something else.

Although that would have been neat to see this sounds great too biggrin.gif

And the cover is gorgeous! I am glad I pre-ordered mine. smile.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Ah! ohmy.gif That's a surprise! Thank you very much, Tombow! happy.gif

I still can't wait to see it! biggrin.gif
AA battery
So, according to this, I assume it's a story with Ed and Al, by Arakawa-sensei. It's a NEW story (at least, new to us ^^), and it's the prototype for FMA, and it has Ed and Al, not a flying squirrel. And, it's 61 pages long.

I'm actually a little disappointed... XD;;
allykatty1
GAAAH, I almost forgot about this!!! biggrin.gif Have had kind of a rotten month, so this totally makes my day, hahaha! SO EXCITED. And so glad I live in a major city with multiple Japanese bookstores where I can get the issue for a mere $10, even in my broke state. Must call and reserve a copy tomorrow! smile.gif

Had not checked the manga section of the site in a while - so much news to catch up on! For shame! biggrin.gif
Tombow
(This post will self-destruct later)
<Shameless promo for the board's Twitter page>

Had not checked the manga section of the site in a while - so much news to catch up on! For shame! biggrin.gif

Anyone:
you can follow us on FMA-Board on Twitter, and we'll Twitter you FMA news as we catch them on our board. biggrin.gif
allykatty1
QUOTE (Tombow @ Jun 2 2011, 11:15 AM) *
(This post will self-destruct later)
<Shameless promo for the board's Twitter page>

Anyone:
you can follow us on FMA-Board on Twitter, and we'll Twitter you FMA news as we catch them on our board. biggrin.gif

SCORE. Thanks, did not know about this. smile.gif
loicos
(Warning! The clock on the cover contains end of series spoilers!) Gangan Cover

<Thank you loicos! Michiyo- has also shared this cover with us earlier in this thread here! hug.gif >
Tombow
Thank you, loicos! biggrin.gif
Also, if you happen to have (or run into) some "preview" page scans from this prototype story, please post and share!
That would be much appreciated. ^^

ETA: I don't have time to put up full translations now, but here is the complete spoiler summary for the "FMA Prototype Story":

Warning!! Complete total spoiler below:

The story starts with Major Aluzen* in his residence in desert town of CollioureToul*. (*Spelling are mine and probably not correct XD) A dead body of an alchemist lays besides him. Aluzen is holding Philosopher's Stone (it has a "boxy" shape xp) and wondering where he can find an alchemist who can fulfill his wish (= obtaining immortality).

Next scene is CollioureToul train station. This is the end of line, as the railroad track got buried in sand in the area ahead because of the year-long drought. Ed and Al get off train.

Ed and Al stop by at the dinner so that Ed can eat some lunch. Dinner now only serves one menu for lunch, a bread with a slice of lunch-meat looking stuff on top.

The owner of dinner (Rose is his daughter) tells Ed that if he doesn't like don't eat it as there are others in town who can't even get that slice of bread. Ed asks if this is the town called "CollioureToul, the Oasis of Desert" and the owner of dinner explains that it has changed because of the year-long drought, and crops are dead and farm animals are dead, and to top it off, the Major Aluzen of Amestris army who is controlling the town is ruthless (like Yoki used to be XD) charging high tax and anyone complains would get captured by his soldiers, and now the town's people are forced to choose between waiting here and die, or leave town, or complain and get captured by Aluzen's soldiers. Rose tells his dad to stop making useless complains to some travelers.

Ed finished eating, and as Ed & Al are ready to leave, Al knocks off a vase. Al fixes it with alchemy, and that gets the words out that they are Alchemists.

Of course, next comes the usual "We are the famed State Alchemist, Fullmetal Alcheist and his brother..." followed by towns people mistake Al for Fullmetal Alchemist and Al tells that small one is the State Alchemist, and Ed gets mad, blah blah ...scene.

After that, town's people ask Ed to save the town, and Ed tells them that he would do it for 100,000 sens, because you can't get something without losing something.

Ed and Al leave disappointed town's people behind, and Rose, being mad at Ed's attitude, follows Ed and Al, and as she's calling Ed with names she gets restraint by Aluzen's soldiers.

Turns out, Aluzen wants to meet Ed, and Ed's brother and "friend" are invited as well. Rose goes along, hoping to get the chance to directly complain to Aluzen.

They arrive at Aluzen's huge mansion. Ed is invited to dine with Aluzen, and Al & Rose are escorted to "other room"

As soon as Aluzen starts talking about getting Ed to give him immortality, Ed immediately turns it down, saying that's the area humans should not invade, and Ed starts to leave. But....

Al and Rose is imprisoned. To enlighten Rose, Al transforms an wild mushroom he found in the cell into a flower and gives to Rose. Rose is impressed that Alchemy can create anything, and Al correct her and tells her the basic laws of Alchemy.... about the same time Ed tells Aluzen about the Equivalent Exchange and explains why Ed can't give Aluzen immortality.....

Just then, Aluzen shows Ed his Philosopher's Stone.

Aluzen tells Ed that even with the stone, so far all the alchemists who have tried to give Aluzen the immortality ended up dead, and Ed explains that that's the rebound effect, as these alchemists were not skilled enough to handle the Stone properly.

Ed names the price: if successful, 1.) release Ed, Al, & Rose, and 2.) Ed will get the Stone, and Aluzen accepts.

Ed asks piece of Aluzen's hair or nail, and Aluzen, reluctant to lose his hair, gives Ed his nail clippings.

Ed swallows the Stone and performs alchemy to turn Aluzen with the body that never ages.

It was successful, but then Aluzen changes his mind and attacks Ed, and he asks Ed to return him the Stone.

At the same time, Al is attacked in the cell by Aluzen's soldier.

Al falls, but shortly after, gets up and takes down the soldiers. Al explains, to astonished Rose, about him being body-less, and why.

Meanwhile, Aluzen is finding out that his attack on Ed's shoulder was useless because... Ed has an automail arm. Soon, another soldier finds out that his attack on Ed's leg is also useless because Ed also has automail leg.

Meantime, after they escape from the cell, Al tells Rose about how Al lost his whole body and Ed lost his limbs, about their failed attempt to bring back their mother.

Ed takes out the soldier and then counter-attacks Aluzen, but Aluzen now has a hard body that does not get old nor rot, and Ed's attack is being useless.

Just then Al and Rose, escaped from the cell, arrive and enter into the room.

Alzen is about to cut down Ed to get his Stone back, and then... Aluzen's body starts to stiffen. Ed tells Aluzen that he might have accidentally infused a screw or two from his automail into the transmutation equation, while Aluzen's body turns into steel.

As the transformation of Aluzen's body completed, Ed tells to hardened (and dead) Aluzen's body that he got he wished for; the body that would never get old nor rot.

---

Aluzen is gone. Rose explains that soldiers were deemed that they were just following Aluzen's orders, and therefore they were not punished, and soldiers were happy to be freed from Aluzen's reign. Also, food and other supplies that were cached at Aluzen's castle were released to town's people.
Yet, that would not help the town from vanishing, because of the drought.

As Rose sheds tears, Ed tells Rose her tears shed for something she truly wished to save is worth 1000 bars of gold, and as he wipes her tears he tells Rose that he has received his fees, and then he performs alchemy.

Town is abuzz, and town's people hurry to the edge of town where they find Rose standing in the shallow in the lake.

Ed is amazed that the Stone could create a lake from a drop of Rose's tear. (Al is amazed that Ed's stomach could regurgitates the stone that easily, like some human pump)

As Ed is saying "Finally, we can get our bodies back...and while I'm at it, maybe I can extend my height about 10 cm or so also..." (For that, Al mutters "aha, so he DID mind his height...) just then the stone desiccate into sand. Al explains the obvious that because Ed used the Stone to perform such a huge transformation (of making a lake) it used up the Stone, and Ed realizes his stupidity. But then they look at how happy that transformation made the town's people, and they accept that that was worth it, and continue their journey in search of the way to get their bodies back.

End.
hilary
Tomorrow I'll go to find the newest gangan of this month smile.gif
Hope I can buy it and share to everyone soon!

<Thank you!!! *hugs hilary* ~ T.>
loicos
cover great and thx hilary^^
A Pierrot's Aria
Here's a raw of the FMA prototype (ImageShack Album) | (Photobucket Album). happy.gif

|
|
|
|/@hilary You're so lucky to be able to have this Gangan and that awesome clock!! wub.gif Any other images would be awesome, thank you!!! hug.gif
hilary
wow thanks for the scans!!!
I've bought Gangan today
if the story had already been upload so that I'll post the others
pages in gangan smile.gif

[New update:
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1103337274
In this post the colour pages and non-scan photos are from myself
: ) enjoy~]
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you so much for the extra scans, hilary!! hug.gif Looks like interesting stuff...and I really wish I had that clock!!

And thank you very much for the summary, Tombow!! hug.gif You guys are awesome! biggrin.gif

It's interesting how certain, small details can change/stay the same from prototype to finished product...and I think that "boxy shape" should be the new technical term for stones that have that shape. xP And I'm by no means a EdxRose fan, but that is really sweet when he wipes away her tear. smile.gif
dreamfield
^_^Thanks for the summary!!! Reading English seems much more comfortable than Japanese...

BTW Thanks again for hil's pictures~

Hope my GANGAN will arrive soon~~
Michiyo-
Thanks for the summary, Tombow! biggrin.gif

I liked this prototype chapter, itís a mix of the Liore and a bit of the Youswell chapters. It was nice to see a different version of the beginning of the story.

Hereís a promo video of the chapter from Ganganís website, that was also posted by hilary here.
http://gangan.square-enix.co.jp/hagaren_pr...ovie/index.html
allykatty1
Hmmm, this is like some odd parallel world to the story we know. A mix of Lior and Youswell, but there are also some small differences in personality. For example, I don't think the Ed we know now would ever knowingly contribute to anyone's death like that, even a tyrant who kind of deserved it. It's a good choice though that the Stone became a much more elusive, mythical thing in the actual series... it's like Arakawa just took the basis here, most of which was already well-imagined, and then just fine-tuned and raised the stakes.

It's funny, in each incarnation of FMA I see, the Stone becomes less and less rare, LOL. In Anime1, the series all culminated in the making of a Stone. In the manga/Brotherhood, there were several Stones, the number of souls not mattering as much unless you were looking at power level. And here, well, they find a Stone, loose it, oh well! Maybe there'll be another! XD

Hmm, think we'll get a scanlation of this? wink.gif
AA battery
I'm still waiting for DHL to deliver my copy of GanGan from Amazon.co.jp (It's currently stuck in Hong Kong... why take the detour from Osaka to Hong Kong to Vancouver when you could go straight from Osaka to Vancouver? Stupid DHL.) so I'm not reading any summary and what not till I get it!!!

And yes, I know the logistics behind shipping but it still pisses me off. dry.gif
Tombow
^ @allykatty1 - I'm assuming the usual groups are already working on it, and hence I didn't do complete translations, 'cause that would be duplicate translation efforts. xp One way or another, I'm sure we'll get the English version sometime. biggrin.gif

Thank you, Michiyo- for the link to the promo vid!

I really like that promo MMV!
Here is a pic from that promo MMV. biggrin.gif
(Sorry for the tone change in the middle of the pic...that's how the cap comes out, and I don't have a program to correct tones currently.. ^^)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.