Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Illustrations by Arakawa
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Discussions on Arakawa's Other Works > Arakawa's Other Works
paca
<If anyone thinks of a better topic title, feel free to change it. tongue.gif - Pierrot>

As the thread title says, here is a topic that you can post images that Arakawa-sensei has drawn that don't relate to any of her series!

have you seen this????
AA battery
QUOTE (paca @ Sep 21 2006, 03:23 PM) *

Ah, interesting. (haven't heard of it myself)

If the scan was bigger than I could've scanlated it.
Shirokage
Yeah, I've seen that. But as armor-alchemist said, its too small. Such a pity...
Tombow
@Paca - Oh, that's another nice find!! Thanks for bringing it here!!

From hyourinmaru10's post on the link Paca has posted:
Many mangakas created parodies and crossovers with their mangas and KochiKame for the 3oth anni like Naruto, Bleach, Ruroni Kenshin, Death Note, Eyeshield 21, etc. Hiromu Arakawa is just one of them. Each parody is only one page long.

Ryo-san (the KochiKame main character) is asking Ed about gold making with alchemy. Ed babbles about gold making and how it's illegal but Ryo-san indirectly asks Ed to make him gold (Ryo-san always wants to make quick cash) since it's his 30th anni and Ed saids gold making has nothing to do with his 30th anni while Al shouts for the police. (Ryo-san IS the police, Al-chan~ XD)
Seems indeed it is authentic Arakawa-sensei's work. Nice!! biggrin.gif
Sensenic
Oh, forgot about that.

Gonna post the (slighlty higher quality) downloadables there, so stay tuned.

It's really worth it!
Kasumi_lvgd
There's a bigger scan!

http://piratelicker.livejournal.com/363503.html

And there's a translation here...
http://k-shi.livejournal.com/392684.html#cutid2
paca
QUOTE(Kasumi_lvgd @ Sep 22 2006, 07:23 PM) [snapback]449741[/snapback]

Thanks!! <3
-----
How can arakawa do all~~ this!!!??? I mean fma, a one-shoot and a new story! Amazing!! xD
Tombow
Thanks, Kasumi_lvgd!! happy.gif

That guy, not hearing Ed's words about transmuting Gold is illegal, so funny!! laugh.gif
Kirara

How can arakawa do all~~ this!!!??? I mean fma, a one-shoot and a new story! Amazing!! xD

It's quite possible that Arakawa clones herself. Each clone works on a different manga (I am just being ridiculous early in the morning).
Sannom
Not trying to sound rude here, but isn't a translation kind of frustrating when we don't have the images to go with it?

I just found out (thanks to the blog of the french editor of FMA) that Hiromu Arakawa drew a cover for a new printing of the Step father step novel by Miyabe Miyuki (author of [u]Brave Story[/b]) :

bluwim
Wow! thank u very much for the image, Sannom!!! I love all the works of Arakawa!!!!
relorelorelolo
I found this website that has a list/information on the other works of Arakawa and just had to get an account and tell you guys about it! laugh.gif It has the stuff that we already know of and a whole category of "shorts and tributes" I didn't know existed! It also has what they claim to be a picture of Arakawa under the biography. (I don't know whether to believe it or not though). But here it is http://www.mobuta.com/arakawa/otherworks.html
Tombow
@relorelorelolo - Welcome to our board, and thanks for the info!! ^^
(Although, actually, we've known very much about that site, and I think everything listed there are pretty much posted in various threads in this forum as well, including the pic of Arakawa-sensei. ^^)
But, yes, that one is a very nice site on Hiromu Arakawa. ^^
Anyway, glad you are with us now, and hope you'll have a great time with us on our board! biggrin.gif
CutEowyn
Arakawa is just a freak who never get a rest or something ! Here's a brand new one shot from her, all in colours ! , which is gonna be released tuesday the 24th june 2011.

BTW sorry but how do you say : which is gonna be released, or who is gonna be, or that is gonna be...

From here :
And this is a visual :

All I found about was in french so here's a translation :

A brand new magazine with some awesome authors !
The Asahi editor, just set online, their new's magazine's website : Shin Shűkan Manga Nihonshi
It's the new version from the former magazine Shűkan Nihonshi.

The magazine will be weekly, and will be released every tuesday. It will cost 490 yens, in A4 size, will be 36 pages and the whole magazine will be in colours !

The number one will be 52 pages and its cost will be 180 yens. It will be released on october the 12st. The number 2 will be released on october the 26st and from here, every tuesdays.

The interesting fact is many great mangakas will draw for every issue a full-colour issue.
In number #01 it will be Nobuhiro Watsuki (Kenshin), the#02 Akana Shű (Yugo), the #03 Tateo Retsu (Full Metal Panic), the #04 Ninomiya Tomoko (Nodame Cantabile), the #11 Shimotsuki Kairi (Brave 10), the #14 Yoshida Satoshi (Tennen), the #15 Minamoto Yű (High school Samuraď), the #20 Yamada Kotarô (The Sacred Blacksmith), the #23 Amano Sakuya (Gosick), the #24 Shimoguchi Tomohiro (Kurogane no Linebarrels), the #25 Ikegami Ryôichi (Sanctuary), the #27 Kakinuchi Narumi (Princesse Vampire Miyű), the #30 Kusaba Michiteru (Tie Break), the #35 Arakawa Hiromu (Fulmetal Alchemist), the #36 Hosono Fujihiko (L'Académie des Ninjas), the #37 Tsutomu Takahashi (Sidooh), the #40 Riyoko Ikeda (Berusaiyu no Bara), the #43 Sugimoto Iqura (Variante) the #45 Mikimoto Haruhiko (Gundam - Ecole du Ciel) et le #50 Oh Great! (Air Gear).

As you can say Arakawa is the 35st and if you visit the french link you can click the name of every mangaka to have an illustration of whick.
By calculating I just found the Arakawa's one shot will be released about june the 14th.
Kasumisty
So, is Arakawa done with Shounen Gangan?
Isa-Sama
I don't think she's done. It's only a oneshot so it doesn't mean that she's changing magazin, others authors are also going to publish something in there.

But I'm not yet convince by the sumo, don't know why... tongue.gif
CutEowyn
Hey maybe he's the famous "Raiden" whose left arm is used in Raiden18 ?? happy.gif

BTW there is always something that seduces me in Arakawa's work so I think the sumo will be alright. Yay \o/
CutEowyn
If you're a Gainax and FLCL fan then good news.
Every week Gainax has an illustration new when you get to their website, often collaborators or a Gainax person...
But this week Arakawa made this FLCL illustration.
Arakawa said she was very fond about FLCL... Everyday she's getting more awesome.

http://www.gainax.co.jp/
smile.gif
Tombow
QUOTE (CutEowyn @ Oct 11 2010, 03:12 AM) *
If you're a Gainax and FLCL fan then good news.Every week Gainax has an illustration new when you get to their website, often collaborators or a Gainax person...
But this week Arakawa made this FLCL illustration.
Arakawa said she was very fond about FLCL... Everyday she's getting more awesome.

http://www.gainax.co.jp/..

Arakawa is a FLCL fan? Gahaha, it fits, IMO. XD
Nice FLCL drawing by Arakawa! Thanks for bringing this, CutEowyn! biggrin.gif
StormGoddess
Not sure if I'm posting in the right thread but...

I was watching Arakawa Under the Bridge (yeah, LOL title) and found out it was Hiromu Arakawa who drew episode 10's artwork. So yeah, thought I'd post it here.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2vaobxk.jpg

Got that from here.
Tombow
QUOTE (StormGoddess @ Dec 13 2010, 06:47 AM) *
I was watching Arakawa Under the Bridge (yeah, LOL title) and found out it was Hiromu Arakawa who drew episode 10's artwork. .... http://i56.tinypic.com/2vaobxk.jpg

Got that from here.

Nice find, StormGoddess!! Thank you for bringing it here!! biggrin.gif
DrakoDarko
Here are my finds =3
Medicine Seller from Mononoke

End card for Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Cover for a Japanese edition of The Demon's Lexicon
A Pierrot's Aria
Thanks for sharing these, DrakoDarko! They're awesome. I would never have guessed Arakawa drew the first one. xD
DrakoDarko
An illustration provided by Arakawa-sensei for the 25th Anniversary Event of Final Fantasy series. She drew a fanart of Final Fantasy VI.
Tombow
Thank you, DrakoDarko! happy.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
That's totally awesome. xD
Tombow
QUOTE (DrakoDarko @ Aug 31 2012, 09:48 AM) *
An illustration provided by Arakawa-sensei for the 25th Anniversary Event of Final Fantasy series. She drew a fanart of Final Fantasy VI.

Another pic of the illustration, from Square Enix smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.