Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Souten no Koumori (蒼天の蝙蝠)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Discussions on Arakawa's Other Works > Arakawa's Other Works
Pages: 1, 2
paca
Souten no Koumori 2006 (single chapter in GanGan Custom)

Plot Summary: A young girl, Henpukumaru, finds herself at the mansion of her enemy. Her life changes for the better during her time there, but when enemy ninjas attack, her loyalty is tested.
(Source - ANN)

Read Online

The new arakawa's manga :
more info here!!
Edamame
Thank you for the illustration Paca and the information about Arakawa's new work. I just visited that livejournal community yesterday and read the post about Arakawa's new work Souten no Koumori. I am currently searching for more information online regarding the plot of the manga, but I am not coming across much. Looking at the promotion artwork, the characters keep on reminding me of Hagaren. The man with the scar reminds me of King Bradely and the girl on the right (I am uncertain of the gender) looks a little like Ran Fan. The young man with the bandana is reminding of an Asian Havoc. All in all, I hope to find more information soon.
paca
QUOTE(Edamame @ Aug 23 2006, 01:08 PM) [snapback]436148[/snapback]

Thank you for the illustration Paca and the information about Arakawa's new work. I just visited that livejournal community yesterday and read the post about Arakawa's new work Souten no Koumori. I am currently searching for more information online regarding the plot of the manga, but I am not coming across much. Looking at the promotion artwork, the characters keep on reminding me of Hagaren. The man with the scar reminds me of King Bradely and the girl on the right (I am uncertain of the gender) looks a little like Ran Fan. The young man with the bandana is reminding of an Asian Havoc. All in all, I hope to find more information soon.

Yes , i also looked for info of her new manga without luck dry.gif ......
Sensenic
Question here is, there isn't a new manga by Arakawa Hiromu.

There are 2 of them. ohmy.gif This one paca posted is called Juu shin Enbu and will come out the 21st of October within the GanGan Powered magazine.

Whereas Souten no Koumori will come out the 30th of Septembre in the (new? not sure) GanGan Custom magazine.

Here, this link is perhaps more appropriate.
paca
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Aug 23 2006, 01:34 PM) [snapback]436159[/snapback]

Question here is, there isn't a new manga by Arakawa Hiromu.

There are 2 of them. ohmy.gif This one paca posted is called Juu shin Enbu and will come out the 21st of October within the GanGan Powered magazine.

Whereas Souten no Koumori will come out the 30th of Septembre in the (new? not sure) GanGan Custom magazine.

Here, this link is perhaps more appropriate.

Oh ohmy.gif !!! how she can do all that!!!! thanks Sensenic for the info!!!^^
Tombow
New manga series is called "Jyushin Enbu" with first chapter coming out on Oct. 21, correct??
And, "Souten no Koumori," is a stand alone, one time story, that's coming out in September, right??

Awsome!! Can't wait!!!!
Shirokage
Well, so much has been going on while I was away, eh? (Seriously, I need to stay online more often...)

@ Tombow:
Yep, from what I read from the scans, what you saying seems to be right. Although for Souten no Koumori, it says autumn on the scan, so it's around September, but no definite date.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Tombow @ Aug 23 2006, 10:22 PM) [snapback]436208[/snapback]

New manga series is called "Jyushin Enbu" with first chapter coming out on Oct. 21, correct??
And, "Souten no Koumori," is a stand alone, one time story, that's coming out in September, right??

Awsome!! Can't wait!!!!

Oh, so SnK (already got abbreviated tongue.gif Damn, I'm lazy) is a one-shot only? That's kind of sad... for some reason, the Martel-like bat-girl looked somewhat more promising than the Dorchette-like sword-yielding guy to me... Dunno really why huh.gif
QUOTE(Shirokage @ Aug 24 2006, 03:21 AM) [snapback]436359[/snapback]

Yep, from what I read from the scans, what you saying seems to be right. Although for Souten no Koumori, it says autumn on the scan, so it's around September, but no definite date.

In last chapter's title page it says that so-called "GanGan Custom" will be out the 30th of September.
Tombow
^^ @Sensenic - I think the so-called "GanGan Custom" is an extra edition GanGan comic book with a collection of one-shot stories specifically written for this edition, by some of current top manga-artists in Japan. smile.gif

@Shirokage-san - Yes, please stop by more often!! happy.gif
Edamame
Sensenic: Thank you for the information regarding Arakawa's upcoming manga and her one-shot manga. I'm still looking for more information about the plots for both, but I don't think that I'm going to stumble across anything soon. I'm looking forward to both of them though.
Shirokage
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Aug 24 2006, 06:19 PM) [snapback]436502[/snapback]

In last chapter's title page it says that so-called "GanGan Custom" will be out the 30th of September.

I haven't even gotten around to reading chapter 61, let alone 62. (I had to study for my uni mid-sem tests.) Now, I'm finally on mid-sem break, so I guess I'll have more free time. There is not much I can do around this thread now, since there are no new one-shots out yet (unless someone has scans of Totsugeki Tonari no Enikkusu?). But that means I can probably work on the 4koma book (those who can remember the ancient history from the omake thread will know what I'm talking about).
paca
Souten no Koumori , More info!!!
Kasumi_lvgd
It seems that Shirokage hasn't showed up in a while...

That's sad >.< A friend wanted to ask for his permission, to translate his version of Stray Dog into spanish. I suppose that we'll have to wait...

And about the new Arakawa's manga...just a few days, guys! ^^ September 30th. Let's wait...^^
Tombow
QUOTE(paca @ Sep 17 2006, 09:48 AM) [snapback]447467[/snapback]
Oh!! Thanks, Paca!!
From Paca's link above: Translation of the magazine preview page posted there by csakuras:
Henbukumaru, who is trying to quit the ultimate ninja group "Tekkishuu", meets Chiyotsuru after making an escape. The two open themselves up to each other immediately, but then Tekkishuu appears, and they are after Chiyotsuru.
I confirm that the above translation is awsome!! (oh, and just as a note.. "ultimate" part in original Japnese was "the strongest," so please don't suspect any connection to FMA manga in wording by magazine editors there. happy.gif)

Yes, Souten no Koumori is a manga about the Ninja!! (Awsome!!)
Henbukumaru seems to be the name of the "bat" ninja guy, and Chiyotetsu is the name of a lady who is going to be his "love interest"?? biggrin.gif
Can't wait to read the manga!!!!

(BTW, @Kasumi_lvgd - Haha, you know us better than that, right?? biggrin.gif
We can't just sit and quietly wait for two weeks!! laugh.gif )
Shirokage
QUOTE(Kasumi_lvgd @ Sep 18 2006, 06:01 PM) [snapback]447791[/snapback]

It seems that Shirokage hasn't showed up in a while...

That's sad >.< A friend wanted to ask for his permission, to translate his version of Stray Dog into spanish. I suppose that we'll have to wait...

And about the new Arakawa's manga...just a few days, guys! ^^ September 30th. Let's wait...^^

Yeah, I haven't been around much lately. Too much work and stuff from uni (but just typing to let you guys know that I haven't died or anything like that...). BTW, I gave permission to your friend. There's seems to be a lot people speaking spanish here. Not saying anything, but just wondering why...
paca
This one : "Souten no Koumori " , Is it the one shoot?
Tombow
QUOTE (paca @ Sep 20 2006, 07:57 PM) *
Going back on-topic: This one : "Souten no Koumori " , Is it the one shoot?
Yes, Paca, "Souten no Koumori" is one shot story. smile.gif
Can't wait to read it!! happy.gif

GanGan Custom with Arakawa-sensei's one-shot story, "Souten no Koumori" is supposed to come out today in Japan!!

Anyone seen it yet??!! rolleyes.gif
Kirara
GanGan Custom with Arakawa-sensei's one-shot story, "Souten no Koumori" is supposed to come out today in Japan!!

Anyone seen it yet

I've been wondering that as well. The site where I usually find raw manga is down too. sad.gif
paca
QUOTE(Kirara @ Sep 30 2006, 01:41 PM) [snapback]453234[/snapback]

Anyone seen it yet

I've been wondering that as well. The site where I usually find raw manga is down too. sad.gif

I have been looking for it too TT____________TT . But there is nothing anywhere DDDDX ...
Kirara
It's out. Here is the link at Bos Taurus. http://community.livejournal.com/bos_taurus/10652.html

Hold on I'll upload it for everyone here who can't get onto that site.

edit: okay here is the sendspace link http://www.sendspace.com/file/9hs8jb
Tombow
^^ Got it!!! Kirara, you're awsome!! Thank you!!! *hugs!!*

I quickly peeked at the ending... it's wow, wow!!
haha, I'm not going to spoil everyone, you got to read through it to enjoy it!!! biggrin.gif
Janita
QUOTE (Kirara @ Oct 2 2006, 11:43 AM) *
It's out. Here is the link at Bos Taurus. http://community.livejournal.com/bos_taurus/10652.html

thank so much for the links...
in japanese... mmm .. well... I know something about that .... between see and listen so many series and 1 semester learning japanese in my college , I could translate that... but would need a lot of time... *sigh*
paca
QUOTE(Kirara @ Oct 2 2006, 03:43 PM) [snapback]454151[/snapback]

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <333
Wow! It's great!!! I thought that she was a he O.o....yak! Big msitake for my part xD.
I want transalations.... I understand it without transalations (i mean the idea is very clear)

Thank you again!!! wink.gif
AA battery
.. that story is awesome ;__;
paca
Nobody knows where i can find text translations or something unsure.gif ???? Please~~!
Thanks! wink.gif
Tombow
I agree with armor-alchemist!! Yes, this is an awsome story!!

@Paca - I have a feeling that the translation will show up somewhere soon. happy.gif
Sannom
Hum I would like to have your opinion : is the guy in the last panel of page 53 completely stupid or is it just my imagination?
Tombow
QUOTE(Sannom @ Oct 4 2006, 01:57 PM) [snapback]454930[/snapback]
Hum I would like to have your opinion : is the guy in the last panel of page 53 completely stupid or is it just my imagination?
Not really... IMO. Why do you think he is completely stupid?? unsure.gif
(Plese anser using spoiler... biggrin.gif )
Nepharski
Figures. I go to all the trouble to sign up on LiveJournal for the sole purpose of checking out these Arawaka side-works, only to be embraced warmly by "You are not authorized to view this protected entry."
Tombow
^^@Nepharski - I'm afraid that just signing up for LJ is not enough...
You need to be a part of that particular "community" to view some of the protected material, I think.
(Tho, I think it's easy to sigh up to the community as well... smile.gif )

As for the "Souten no Koumori" raw,
I think the sendspace link courtesy of Kirara (thank you!!!) is still working. happy.gif
Kirara
Nepharski to see locked posts you need to join the community. I would recommend

http://community.livejournal.com/bos_taurus/profile Hiromu Arakawa Community

http://community.livejournal.com/hagaren_manga/profile FMA Manga Community

On these sites you will see a link that says to join this community click here. Click it and you are a member of the community and can now see locked posts. smile.gif

Sannom
Not really... IMO. Why do you think he is completely stupid??

Here is the image :

IPB Image

Come on, look at the bow! This guy was ready to fire an arrow directly on himself! Isn't that completely stupid???
Tombow
QUOTE(Sannom @ Oct 5 2006, 02:25 PM) [snapback]455296[/snapback]

Here is the image :

IPB Image

Come on, look at the bow! This guy was ready to fire an arrow directly on himself! Isn't that completely stupid???
Gahaha!! I see what you mean!! laugh.gif
Good point!! XDDD
Nepharski
QUOTE(Kirara @ Oct 5 2006, 06:25 AM) [snapback]455238[/snapback]

Nepharski to see locked posts you need to join the community. I would recommend

http://community.livejournal.com/bos_taurus/profile Hiromu Arakawa Community

http://community.livejournal.com/hagaren_manga/profile FMA Manga Community

On these sites you will see a link that says to join this community click here. Click it and you are a member of the community and can now see locked posts. smile.gif

Done like dinner.
AA battery
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 5 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]455298[/snapback]

Here is the image :

IPB Image

Good point!! XDDD

... I am going to call both of you stupid instead.

Most of the time, when you are using a bow, after you shoot out the arrow (especially if you shoot it with a strong force but not holding on to the bow super tight), the elastic force will cause the bow to turn like that. It is drawn that way to INDICATE THAT THE ARROW HAS BEEN SHOT. A few other manga with bows and arrows are also drawn like this.

Do you guys seriously think Arakawa will make a mistake like that? =____=;;
Tombow
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Oct 5 2006, 03:36 PM) [snapback]455311[/snapback]
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 5 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]455298[/snapback]

Here is the image :

IPB Image

Good point!! XDDD

Most of the time, when you are using a bow, after you shoot out the arrow (especially if you shoot it with a strong force but not holding on to the bow super tight), the elastic force will cause the bow to turn like that. It is drawn that way to INDICATE THAT THE ARROW HAS BEEN SHOT. A few other manga with bows and arrows are also drawn like this.

^^ Gahaha!! I'll gladly accept that!! laugh.gif

Nepharski
What's the dyslexic archer from, one of Hiromu's off-shoots?
Tombow
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 5 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]455344[/snapback]
What's the dyslexic archer from, one of Hiromu's off-shoots?
^^ Yap, it's from "Souten no Koumori", and you can dl raw
at sendspace link, courtesy of Kirara!! (Thank you, Kirara!!!) happy.gif
Kirara
Your welcome smile.gif Although I wish someone would translate it.
Tombow
QUOTE(Kirara @ Oct 5 2006, 06:13 PM) [snapback]455372[/snapback]
I tend to think that someone somewhere must be working on it as we speak...
Anyone know any FMA community on LJ, or MSN that's working on the translations now?? unsure.gif
Sannom

That's why I thought the guy was "stupid" : there was no war a drawer can make this kind of mistake! But you tell me there is no mistake, so I'm glad (seriously, I was thinking that perharp I was wrong about something, but not sure...).
Tombow
QUOTE(Kirara @ Oct 5 2006, 06:13 PM) [snapback]455372[/snapback]

Ummm, suppose we can get the "raw" translation for "Souten no Koumori", is there anyone here who can/would scanlate it???
Just checking... unsure.gif
Nepharski
Just flipped through it. Good stuff, but I have one question. When it reads "The End" at the end, does this mean that, well, that's all there is? No part two, no continuation? I mean, Arakawa has some good stuff here (aside from that one kid's haircut), so I'd prefer if she took this some place. I mean, so many ideas jump to mind. Is she looking for someone? Is she seeking revenge? Is someone seeking revenge against her? I'd like to know.

Unless the last part of the chapter is "In the future,' in which case I'd guess this is a one shot. Pity.
Tombow
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 8 2006, 11:28 PM) [snapback]457157[/snapback]
Just flipped through it. Good stuff, but I have one question. When it reads "The End" at the end, does this mean that, well, that's all there is? No part two, no continuation? I mean, Arakawa has some good stuff here (aside from that one kid's haircut), so I'd prefer if she took this some place. I mean, so many ideas jump to mind. Is she looking for someone? Is she seeking revenge? Is someone seeking revenge against her? I'd like to know.

Unless the last part of the chapter is "In the future,' in which case I'd guess this is a one shot. Pity.
@Nepharski - The last part is 5 years into the future.
Amd, the "END" is the end. The story concluds.
And, might I add, that I love the ending. biggrin.gif

BTW:
I still can't believe that no-one is translating this one... but, if it's really so, then I might try translating it... (although, it may not be the best translations I could do, since my time is somewhat limited...)
Could someone please find out whether Umeko team, or any others on LJ community, or MSN is touching this one, or not??
If translations for this one is in progress by Umeko team or any other group, I don't want to step over it... unsure.gif (Plus, it would take some chunk of time out of me to do so...)
Sensenic
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 9 2006, 05:28 AM) [snapback]457157[/snapback]

Apparently (I think it was Tombow who pointed that, BTW), the whole GanGan Custom was a compilation of one-shots by GanGan Magazines' most renowned authors or whatsoever.

So yes, a one-shot, it is.

Then again, so was Raiden-18.

I guess she might continue it in the future, if she wants/is told to \(;n_n)/
Nepharski
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 9 2006, 12:33 AM) [snapback]457227[/snapback]
@Nepharski - The last part is 5 years into the future.
Amd, the "END" is the end. The story concluds.
And, might I add, that I love the ending. biggrin.gif

And I assume the young man she's talking to is the kid with the weird haircut, yes? A good ending, but my regret is that it could have been expanded into so much more. Still, a fine stand alone piece.

Makes me sad, because it's highly unlikely that it'll ever see American shores. Less they do a compilation of Arakawa's collective works. That may not be such a bad idea, come to think of it.

QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 9 2006, 12:33 AM) [snapback]457227[/snapback]
BTW:
I still can't believe that no-one is translating this one... but, if it's really so, then I might try translating it... (although, it may not be the best translations I could do, since my time is somewhat limited...)
Could someone please find out whether Umeko team, or any others on LJ community, or MSN is touching this one, or not??
If translations for this one is in progress by Umeko team or any other group, I don't want to step over it... unsure.gif (Plus, it would take some chunk of time out of me to do so...)

I know what you mean, but you have a pretty good idea of the general plot from what's going on.
Tombow
^^ Yeah, I do have a good idea of the story... I mean, being a short one shot manga, it's a simple story.
(Simple, but good. smile.gif )
I can post the spoilers, but this one being so short, I really think anyone should enjoy reading it all at once, through to the end, without the prior spoiler knowledge, and that's why I'm holding off posting any spoilers on this...

Hopefully, Kirara or someone can find out whether Umeko or others are working on the translations of this or not, then maybe, I'll work on it. ph34r.gif

Oh, wait, Nepharski - you joined some LJ community, right?? Maybe you could check out if they are working on the translatins of this one?? ... smile.gif
Nepharski
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 9 2006, 02:06 AM) [snapback]457257[/snapback]
Oh, wait, Nepharski - you joined some LJ community, right?? Maybe you could check out if they are working on the translatins of this one?? ... smile.gif

I might check tomorrow (Or rather later today. It's two in the morning over here), but I don't know if I'll find much of interest. I'll keep you posted.
Tombow
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 9 2006, 05:17 AM) [snapback]457260[/snapback]
I might check tomorrow (Or rather later today. It's two in the morning over here), but I don't know if I'll find much of interest. I'll keep you posted.
^^ Thanks, that'll be appreciated!! biggrin.gif
N. Havoc J.
http://www.illuminati-manga.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1332

Everything Arakawa touchs turns to gold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.