Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 FMA Festival news, info, questions & discussions
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Sacred Star of Milos Movie
Kasumisty
ETA 11th April 2011: The festival has been cancelled. See Michiyo's post for more information.

============

There will be new FMA festival held on 22th of May:

http://pluto.eplus.jp/sys/main.jsp?prm=U=1...1:P6=982:P10=10
Tombow
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jan 1 2011, 07:50 AM) *
There will be new FMA festival held on 22th of May:

http://pluto.eplus.jp/sys/main.jsp?prm=U=1...1:P6=982:P10=10

Thank you, Kasumisty! biggrin.gif

As posted by Kasumisty above, info on this year's FMA Festival on Official FMA Movie JP site.

It's called "Fullmetal Alchemist Festival 2011."
It will be held at Yoyogi National Stadium in Tokyo, on Sat. May 11, 2011.
It is an one-time only event (at least it seems that way as of now ^^)
Many current and past FMA VAs, and music artists for the OP/ED are expected to attend/perform.
The stadium will be open for seating starting 4 PM, and the show will starts on 5 PM.
Seats are all reserved seat only, and the ticket is 7,200 Japanese Yen (tax included) => It's about $89 U.S. with the current rate

There is a special pre-sale reservations period between Jan. 1, 2011 and Jan. 16, 2011.
To get the ticket during this period, you go to this ticket-agent site and click on the Orange button there. I can't get connected to the next page and hence I can't find out the details on what we need to do next, but it seems there will be a drawing, and then the limited number of lucky fans can get to purchase the pre-sale ticket during this period.

ETA: To get tickets, go to this site
There are Two Orange buttons on the right side.

If you are in Japan and can pay through Family Mart & pick up tickets at Family Mart (in Japan), you can put in for the drawing to buy tickets for Sat. May 21 show (first day). To proceed, click on Top Orange button. There will be 500 Yen service charge in addition to 7,200 Yen ticket price. You can only enter one time for the drawing, but fro each entry (if you win) you can buy up to 4 tickets.

Assuming readers here wouldn't be able to use Family Mart
If you're paying with credit card, click on bottom Orange button to get tickets for May 22 show (second day) through emart.
Pre-order period for this was Mon. Jan 31 〜 Thurs. Feb. 3, with ticket sold to ones who won the drawing, but that's gone, and now it's general sale period (Friday, Feb. 11 ~ Monday, May 16, 6PM Japan time) and it's "first come, first served" now. You will need credit card for this. It will be charged at the time of order. For each order you can buy up to 4 tickets, and you can order max of 4 times. Ticket price is 7,200 yen. All seats are reserved seats.

To order, scroll down, then choose number of tickets, like this:

If you're newly registering and click on the Pink button on the right side, I believe the next page is to read the service agreement, blah blah and click "Yes" at the bottom, and then the next step is to fill in your credit card info etc. Unfortunately my connection is having hard time loading the next page. If you're buying the tickets and need the assistance for filling in registration form, etc, take the screen shot of the page and post it on this thread, and I or some others will try to help you with reading Japanese. smile.gif
lonegamer
Jan. 11 news, just in case some of us missed it.

Confirmed cast at the moment (surname given-name):

エドワード・エルリック:朴ろ美(パク・ロミ) = Edward Elric: Paku Romi
アルフォンス・エルリック:釘宮理恵 = Alphonse Elric: Kugimiya Rie
ウィンリィ・ロックベル:高本めぐみ = Winry Rockbell: Takamoto Megumi
ロイ・マスタング:三木眞一郎 = Roy Mustang: Miki Shin'ichirou
リザ・ホークアイ:折笠富美子 = Riza Hawkeye: Orikasa Fumiko
マース・ヒューズ:藤原啓治 = Maes Hughes: Fujiwara Keiji

In other words, the original cast from "Brotherhood". YOSH! We can haz photos of Gracia/Elicia being shoved into our faces again? laugh.gif
fantasysangel
HUGHES. YES.
This is awesome. I think they're making up for the fact that he was gone in just 10 episodes in Brotherhood, whereas in the 1st anime, it was like 20-something until he was killed... ;_;
This makes me wonder if any of the homonculi are going to be in it...? Maybe more Lust seeing as she also had a shorter life-span.
Kasumisty
Sorry to break your spirits, but this is the news regarding the Hagaren Festival 2011, not movie. It is written here which seiyuus will participate in the event.
Michiyo-
The news that lonegamer posted is related to the FMA Festival, not the movie. They just listed the voice actors who'll attend the festival in May.

Until now the confirmed cast is only Ed, Al, Winry, Roy, Riza and Armstrong.
Since the movie will take place after vol. 8, I doubt we'll see Hughes.

EDIT: Kasumisty was faster. biggrin.gif
Misty- Nala
You just got me excited when announcing the name Maes Hughes. Yay, I exclaimed in my head. More Hughes! Movie is saved!
Then I started thinking... Hughes is dead in the movie timeline. Is it going to be flashback, maybe about Isvhaal. My hope started to die.
For a moment, I thought I had received all false information of the movie tongue.gif

Keiji Fujiwara is enough. I don't mind if he is only in the festival. I am happy whenever he is related to FMA. Maybe there will be a video about the event, I hope.
rosieechan
Nooooo...you got me excited for a moment there, too. >.<
Oh, well, we can hope to see a bit of Gracia/Elicia at least.

After volume 8? How did I not know about this, lol? I have HOPE now! for Xing!
lonegamer
Ahahaha... My bad! T'was late by my timezone and I was starting to become loopy. :B But I'm just hoping that they'll release a DVD of the event.
Flamez_Freak
extremely good pictures and lovely illustrations...wowowwwwwow...
im super excited bout this now...
Mhacy
Thank you for the pictures Michiyo-!^^

I love the last pic, Ed+Roy= awesomeness XD. I can't wait to see both of them animated once again^^
Kasumisty
A new movie CM will air this weekend!

http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/38641349
A Pierrot's Aria
Oooh! It's about time! Can't wait to see it. Thank you, Kasumisty!

Either way, I'm hoping we see something good. smile.gif
Kasumisty
Oh, my bad. I think Amber meant that the CM will be the festival, not movie one. There will be movie cast announced in that CM.
Tombow
Thank you, Kasumisty! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Feb 22 2011, 10:57 AM) *
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Feb 22 2011, 11:44 AM) *
... I think Amber meant that the CM will be the festival, not movie one. There will be movie cast announced in that CM.

Amber's post can be sometimes mysterious. ^^ The way I read Amber's this entry is (just as Kasumisty did above ^^):

I found out that there will be new ads this weekend for the upcoming FMA Festival (that will be held on May 21 & May 22 in Japan), and in the ads some additional VA (Japanese) casts for the new "FMA: Milos Star" movie will be announced. Finally!
Maybe we'll see the ads during the anime broadcasting (or whatever the program that is being aired currently in Japan) in the timeslot where FMA:Brotherhood anime was used to be aired (Sunday 5:30 pm Japan time, I think. ~ T.) ....

That means, we may see this new ad on the official FMA: MiloStar JP site soon also! ^^ Looking forward to it! biggrin.gif
Michiyo-
I think I've found the source of the info on the FMA Festival's Twitter account:

今週末に解禁する声優さん情報を盛り込んだTVCMを絶賛編集中です。あの役のあの人達が出演しますよ。

Since it's the Festival's Twitter, I was thinking that what if this CM will announce the additional VA cast who'll attend the festival, and not more cast for the movie.

Well, let's wait until the weekend to know more, I hope there'll be something about the movie. ^^
Tombow
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Feb 22 2011, 06:43 PM) *
I think I've found the source of the info on the FMA Festival's Twitter account:

今週末に解禁する声優さん情報を盛り込んだTVCMを絶賛編集中です。あの役のあの人達が出演しますよ。

Since it's the Festival's Twitter, I was thinking that what if this CM will announce the additional VA cast who'll attend the festival, and not more cast for the movie.

Well, let's wait until the weekend to know more, I hope there'll be something about the movie. ^^

Oooh, thank you so much Michiyo- for that info! (my computer is acting stupid and can't read Japanese Twitter messages on Twitter at the moment >.<)

Pyroclasm
Thank you hilary, Michiyo-, and Kasumisty! I really hope they offer some more information on the movie soon...
Mhacy
Ling, Greed, May and Scar will be on the movie!^^ The cast was announced in the twitter of the festival according to amber's journal entry
A Pierrot's Aria
So is that for the movie, or just VAs that will turn up to the festival? It kinda sounds like the latter; Amber1003's journals sometimes are a little unclear...
Mhacy
oh yeah, I should have thought of that, it's just when I read the word 'cast', it's the movie that flashed in my mind. ^^;
Tombow
Thank you, Mhacy for the news! ^^

Could someone kindly post the original Twitter entry regarding this? unsure.gif
(My computer is still being stupid and can't show Japanese messages on Twitter. >.<)
Michiyo-
I still think that the announced cast is for the festival, not the movie. The additional cast is listed on the festival's website, which means they'll appear there. If the cast was for the movie, then they'd update the cast page of the official site. For example we know that Armstrong will also be in the movie, but his VA isn't on the list of the festival's page. So I think Amber misunderstood the announcement.

@Tombow: Here's what the Twitter page says:
鋼フェス2011、第二弾出演声優発表! 追加出演はリン役:宮野真守さん、グリード役:中村悠一さん、スカー役:三宅健太さん、メイ役:後藤麻衣さんの4名です。
A Pierrot's Aria
Edit: Woops, sorry! Michiyo- posted before me! ><

This is it, I think...

鋼フェス2011、第二弾出演声優発表! 追加出演はリン役:宮野真守さん、グリード役:中村悠一さん、スカー役:三宅健太さん、メイ役:後藤麻衣さんの4名です

@Mhacy Oh, don't worry about it... I could be wrong. laugh.gif I just find it a little strange that they would update the cast on the Festival Twitter instead of the movie website, and that coupled with how ambigious Amber1003's journals can be, it just seems to me that she's referring to the cast turning up to the festival. happy.gif
Mhacy
I think it's the cast in the movie

Tombow
Thank you, Michiyo-, A Pierrot's Aria, and Mhacy! Appreciated!! happy.gif

Original Japanese Twitter entry: (as posted above by kind members ^^)
"鋼フェス2011、第二弾出演声優発表! 追加出演はリン役:宮野真守さん、グリード役:中村悠一さん、スカー役:三宅健太さん、メイ役:後藤麻衣さんの4名です。"

My translation (the way I read it ^^):
"Fullmetal Festival 2011, announcing the second wave of attending voice cast members! Additional attendees are: VAs of Ling (Mr. Miyano), Greed (Mr. Nakamura), Scar (Mr. Miyake), and May (Ms. Goto), total of 4 VAs."

So yeah, I could be wrong also, but so far I agree with Michiyo-, and from the way this Twitt announcement is worded (note that it's stating that this is for FMA Festival 2011 at the beginning), it does sound like this is announcing VAs that are coming to the Festival. unsure.gif

(Of course, they could still be in "FMA:MiloStar" movie also ...although I'm still not sure if Xingese characters would be in the movie... I hope they do, but not sure... but as far as this announcement goes, it does sound like this is talking about VAs that are coming to the Festival.)
Misty- Nala
I'm very curious whether this crisis in Japan will affect the release date of the movie and cancel the FMA festival. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised.
Kasumisty
QUOTE (Misty- Nala @ Mar 19 2011, 12:29 AM) *
I'm very curious whether this crisis in Japan will affect the release date of the movie and cancel the FMA festival. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised.

They write about delays here, but they seem to involve only Gangan extras. So far.
Tombow
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Mar 18 2011, 08:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Misty- Nala @ Mar 19 2011, 12:29 AM) *

They write about delays here, but they seem to involve only Gangan extras. So far.

Thank you, Kasumisty! The announcement on the official JP site (as posted by Kasumisty above) says that the sale of "pre-sale" tickets for the FMA:MiloStar movie, with the special school-calendar set (including one with Arakawa-sensei's original drawing design) as the bonus gift, that was scheduled to start on March 19, 2011 will be postponed, due to the shipment delays and other difficulties because of the catastrophic earthquake.

Obviously, Japan is in the midst of major crisis right now, with thousands of people dead, and they are facing tons of difficult situations including the failure of four of their nuclear plants, and I don't know how the current situation would affect the release of the new FMA movie. Right now my heart goes out for people in Japan, and as for the movie release and the FMA Festival, I guess we just have to wait-and-see and hope for the best.
Michiyo-
According to the news from Mar. 30, the FMA Festival was cancelled due to the situation in Japan.

Here's the Festival's website with the announcement:
http://www.hagaren.jp/fes2011/

Itís unfortunate, but I can understand it. On these days Japanese people have to save electricity in order to restore everything after the earthquake and tsunami.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.