Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA:MiloStar theater showing schedules/Film Festival info: U.S, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan premiers!! (Any post that contains actual movie spoiler discussions --> please post in SPOILER ZONE forum)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Sacred Star of Milos Movie
Pages: 1, 2
Kasumisty
ETA: 13/12/11
Funimation has announced new theatrical dates; see them here.

ETA: 15/11/11
( wfac.ca ) Waterloo Festival for Animated Cinema – 11/17-11/20
Thursday Nov. 17, 6:30pm

ETA 3/11/11:
US (& Singapore) Movie showings:
Waterloo Fest in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario added, dates added for Anime Festival Asia, past festivals removed

( vaff.org ) The Vancouver Asian Film Festival – 11/3-11/6
Saturday, November 5 at 9:15 PM

( reelasian.com ) Toronto’s Reel Asian International Film Festival – 11/8–11/19
Friday, November 11 at 11:30 PM

( animefestival.asia ) Anime Festival Asia - 11/11-11/13
Saturday, November 12 at 12:30 PM
Saturday, November 12 at 5:30 PM
Sunday, November 13 at 5:30 PM

( sffs.org ) The San Francisco International Animation Festival – 11/11-11/14
Sunday, November 13 at 8:30 PM

( wfac.ca ) Waterloo Festival for Animated Cinema – 11/17-11/20
TBA

ETA: ( sitgesfilmfestival.com ) 44th Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival - 10/6-10/16
Friday, October 14 at 4:45 PM

( hiff.org ) The Hawaii Intl Film Festival – 10/13-10/23
Tuesday, October 18 at 9:15 PM

Friday, November 11 at 11:30 PM

TBA

ETA: ( sitgesfilmfestival.com ) 44th Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival - 10/6-10/16
Friday, October 14 at 4:45 PM

( hiff.org ) The Hawaii Intl Film Festival – 10/13-10/23
Tuesday, October 18 at 9:15 PM

TBA (schedule announced Oct 11)

TBA

Japan: One-time only premier showing on June 29, 2011 in Tokyo, followed by nation-wide theater release on July 2, 2011 (Japan)

DVD will out sometime next Spring.

ETA:
U.S Premier:
There will be world premier of Fullmetal Alchemist Sacred Star of Milos English subbed version at OTACON 2011 at July 29-31 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, Maryland. The movie's director Kazuya Murata will be attending this exclusive screening and the Q&A panel afterwards.
The movie will come to regular theaters early next year.

ETA: Aug 28, 2011
For West Coast FMA fans, FMA "Sacred Star of Milos" is coming to the West coast (U.S.)!!
The movie will be shown during Burbank International Film Festival, at AMC 6 theater, Burbank, CA (U.S.) on Saturday Sep 17, 2011, 1:00 PM - 2:45 PM

Hong Kong:
The movie will premier in 8 of 30 movie theaters in Hong Kong in the beginning part of November, 2011.
Pre-sale for the tickets will start July 29, 2011 at ACG HK.

Singapore:
There will be limited number of showings in some theaters starting Aug. 19, 2011.

Taiwan:
Movie will premier in movie theaters this Fall.
ETA: The movie is coming to the theater on Oct. 28, 2011!!

(Click on the pic above to get to chinatimes.com for more info...it's in Chinese ^^)

(Source: AnimateTVNews.JP, Convention Fans)

=====

Pre-sale tickets will go on sale on Monday, Nov. 22, 2010 in Japan.

Ticket is 1,300 Yen for adult and 800 Yen for child (tax included).

Pic of pre-sale pre-ticket (traded for the real ticket later), bonus cell-phone strap for getting pre-sale ticket, and the bonus drawing by Arakawa when buying GanGan mag and pre-sale ticket. (Info provided by Kasumisty and A Pierrot's Aria here)

-------

ETA: Nov. 12, 2010 by Tombow

The Japanese title of the movie is "鋼の錬金術師 嘆きの丘(ミロス)の聖なる星"

tentatively, I'm translating it as... "Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of the Sorrow Mountain (Milos)"
I assume the Sorrow Mountain= Milos here. ^^

And, here is the Gyao site that will show the 31 seconds movie promo starting Nov. 15, 2010. (And, yap, only people in Japan can view the promo vid. T.T)

(Screencap of the announcement that has since been staken down.)

You can read more and join discussions on this on page 20. smile.gif

--------

http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/35288356/ May be considered as a small information about the movie.

From what I understood there could be a movie poster in one of the future Gangans...or on the main Brotherhood site. But. A poster.

Finally.
Tombow
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Sep 29 2010, 04:15 AM) *
http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/35288356/ May be considered as a small information about the movie.

From what I understood there could be a movie poster in one of the future Gangans...or on the main Brotherhood site. But. A poster.

Finally.

Thank you, Kasumisty! ^^
Coming sometime in near future: A poster of new FMA:B movie, and some other key visual images for the movie on GanGan mag!! Sounds great!! Can't wait to see it!!

(As usual, Amber is awesome with FMA news, though it would be nice if the source is listed so that we may be able to find out more about what she means. ^^)

So.... I did check around, and found that:
Twitter for Mr. Irie Yasuhiro 入江泰浩, Director of FMA:B is: Twitter-IRICOMIX
Twitter for Mr. Yoshimichi Kameda 亀田 祥倫, key animator for FMA:B (OP-1, OP3-5, eps 1, 5, 10, 14, 19, 25-26, 33, 38, 40-41, 45, 53-54, 61-62, 64) the one Amber is talking about... is: Twitter-ihcimihsoy
Twitter for Mr. Satoshi Ishino 石野聡, key animator & animation director for FMA:B (eps 10, 52, 60, 62, 64) is: Twitter-teamimozuka

I still don't know yet Twitter for "the executive editor of Gangan" Amber speaks of. I think the Ex. Director might be Mr. Keiji Honda (本多圭司)?? but I don't know if this is the person Amber is speaking of, nor his Twitter site yet.

Anyway, I checked these Twitters (most of them are "chat" among friends about going to swimming pools, going to some restaurants, etc., etc., etc. xp And about Draemon and some other anime. ) but so far couldn't find the Twitter message Amber is referring to. >.<

If anyone has any more info, or any other Twitter for FMA production related people, please post and let us know. smile.gif
(Yes, their Twitters are in Japanese, but I can follow them and check them periodically. ^^)
Kasumisty
http://twitter.com/tah3gucci3cozy3 - Twitter of the executive editor of Gangan. I can't see anything about FMA either...
Tombow
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Sep 29 2010, 10:50 AM) *
http://twitter.com/tah3gucci3cozy3 - Twitter of the executive editor of Gangan. I can't see anything about FMA either...

Thank you, Kasumisty! ^^ I'm going to double check...

He is ... Mr. Kouji Taguchi (田口 浩司) Producer/planner/ex. editor for Square-Enix, and Exusecutive Produer of FMA-1 anime.
(And here is some related 2009-10-09 article on AnimeNewsNetwork, "Producer (Mr. Taguchi) says No Square-Enix Anime Lost Money in 8 Years")

And, I found his Tweet, the one Amber is referring to on her LiveJournal entry!

From Twitter-tah3gucci3cozy3 (たぐっつぁん), (the link posted by Kasimisty above) Tweet on Wed 22 Sep 2010 08:36:16 AM
鋼の錬金術師 劇場版のキービジュアルの方向性も決まったし、スタードライバーの委員会も順調。あとは進むだけ。 8:36 AM Sep 22nd via Keitai Web

Part in color says: "We have reached the decision for the direction of the key visuals for (promo for) Fullmetal Alchemist movie."
Kasumisty
Oh. That's good to know. So, we have two people working on the movie so far.

What are, exactly, "key visuals"?
Tombow
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Sep 29 2010, 01:36 PM) *
Oh. That's good to know. So, we have two people working on the movie so far.

Yes, and judging from the people involved, DEFINITELY not live-action. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Sep 29 2010, 01:36 PM) *
What are, exactly, "key visuals"?

I didn't know neither, and I just checked...

This might be it?
The key-visual is an image motif that is used in campaigns in order to enhance brand recognition.
The key-visual is not directly a part of logo design, but under certain conditions it is a very effective add-on to the logo. ...
Often, the key-visual is more strongly associated with the brand than the logo itself, so the development of a key-visual may be very important. The key-visual should be easily and quickly grasped.
(Key visual)
Kasumisty
Thank you.

So a logo then. That may mean that is not a Brotherhood one. I think.
Tombow
^ Well, it's an add-on to logo, it says. I guess some additional image(s) that's used to identify this FMA anime movie. ^^

For example, see this AnimeNewsNetwork article about FMA:B promo
...new information will be provided in the January issue of Square Enix's Monthly Shonen Gangan magazine (where Hiromu Arakawa's original manga is still serialized) on December 12. The same issue will also include a poster with a key visual image...
Kasumisty
http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/36106746/ There will be FINALLY something about the movie in the next Gangan issue. Maybe a poster? smile.gif
Tombow
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Nov 11 2010, 07:08 AM) *
http://amber1003.deviantart.com/journal/36106746/ There will be FINALLY something about the movie in the next Gangan issue. Maybe a poster? smile.gif

Thank you, Kasumisty! Movie poster will be awesome! ^^ ..I just checked Shounen GanGan (jp) site, and so far nothing is mentioned about any FMA movie related content in the Jan. 2011 issue (coming out on Dec. 11, 2010), but GanGan site is often late with updating, (it seems ^^) and we might get some more info later. I'll keep checking back periodically. smile.gif
Mellow
from amber1003's DA journal:
According to Gangan December issue, a supplement or something of the movie will be in Gangan January issue.
Maybe it'll be out in December 11th.
I don't know what it is, but the typical case is the advertising poster with the new picture for the movie.

Sounds promising, I wonder what it will look like.
Fairy of Darkness
The title and the picture kinda amuses me a bit, even though they're a little weird...
Tombow
QUOTE (Vlyse @ Nov 12 2010, 07:42 PM) *
Are we sure this is reliable information?

@Vlyse - The site, Gyao (it's part of Yahoo.jp) that's running this promo premier and made the announcement on it's site today, is a legit site, and hence I tend to think this is a legit FMA movie promotion that's coordinated between the FMA movie people and the Gyao site.
And, besides, I've been checking the web since this morning (this promo vid premier was announced earlier today, Japan time, on the Gyao site) and the buzz about this FMA movie promo vid premier has been spreading like a wildfire among FMA fans & all sort of FMA related sites around the jp web all day today, and if it were fake, or, say, Gyao has been somehow duped to run that promo, then I think FMA movie guys would have interfered by now and contacted Gyao and made stop to it... that's what I think... ^^
Either way, we'll find out more in two more days, or less. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Misty- Nala @ Nov 12 2010, 03:58 PM) *
Is there any info about the voice actors? Will Romi Paku return to her role?

@Misty- Nala - No, as far as I know, we haven't gotten any info on VAs yet.
Rainshine
Am I the only one who can't find the promo pic? ;____;
Dearheart: The thing about live action, is that it could be amazingly amazing, but that's really hard to do. And since it's a japanese anime made in japan, I'm guessing it would be japanese live action.
I don't really know what to think about all this, but I'm still optimistic about it all. I'm not going to judge just yet from a weird title, I mean Conqueror of Shambala is a pretty weird title too, and I don't think it turned out absolutely horrible. I actually quite liked it, though I'm kind of a minority there. ;;
Tombow
QUOTE (Rainshine @ Nov 13 2010, 06:03 AM) *
Am I the only one who can't find the promo pic? ;____;

@Rainshine - Nop, you are not the only one. The page with the promo pic premier announcement on Gyao site is now gone...it was there as late as about 4 hours ago. Now you get the page saying that the specified page is not there.
Hmmm... plot thickens. tongue.gif

Anakishi
So it was fake?
Or we can still have some hope?

Tombow
QUOTE (Anakishi @ Nov 13 2010, 12:02 PM) *
So it was fake?
Or we can still have some hope?

@Anakishi - Hmmm, I don't know.... Do I feel Déjà vu?? XD *coughwhitecloudfakechapter100previewcough* whistle.gif

Seriously, we'll see. ^^ But, if it were, it took them (FMA movie guys) a full one day to notice that this announcement of promo vid premier of the new FMA movie was up at Gyao site and get Gyao to take down the promo announcement page, despite the fact that the page with the announcement was up very early in the day, and then practically all day every FMA related fansites in Japan I visited yesterday was talking about this. I mean, this was practically everywhere I visited, like, it was impossible not to notice. tongue.gif
(Or, it could be other reasons they took down the page, although I can't think of any at the moment. ^^ )

essa
It doesn't look such a reliable info according to the picture (though I don't know a thing about that Gyao site) but doesn't it look like a fanart picture? I don't know why, but I get that feeling.. Anyway, we just have to keep waiting ^^;
Animeoldtimer
I would have liked to see the picture. Anyone have a copy of this? Anyway, is the title still legit? I look forward to seeing what this movie is about. I wish I could see the trailer. sad.gif

BTW, A well done live action movie would be great, but a poorly done or even one that is "OK" would be horrible and pointless. So, I hope if someone in Hollywood considers it, they would do it right. Other than that I don't want to see it.
Tombow
QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Nov 14 2010, 12:44 AM) *
I would have liked to see the picture. Anyone have a copy of this? Anyway, is the title still legit? I look forward to seeing what this movie is about. I wish I could see the trailer. sad.gif ...

@Animeoldtimer - Go to my post above and click on the link there, and you'll see the promo announcement that was taken down. biggrin.gif
And, there wasn't any actual trailer on the site. Just the announcement that the promo vid is coming on Nov. 15, and hence nobody had seen the trailer, and if this was a fake announcement, then I doubt that any such trailer had existed. xd
Also, if this was fake, then I assume the movie title that was announced had been also a fake title made up by some fan/prankster. xd

===

And, I would also like to reiterate some info that had been already posted... I know we have been discussing about live-action movies in the past few posts, but as far as the new FMA movie goes, we're fairly certain (from the sources such as Twitter conversations among those who are actually involved in the new FMA movie, etc...those info have been already posted by various members in the forums. ^^) that this new FMA movie will be an ANIMATION. ....Just making sure that everyone knows that. ^^

And, we also know that at some point we will see the movie poster and additional movie pics in the upcoming GanGan mag. We know that much, for sure, from various info posted in the forums, we just don't know when. XD ... and, according to Amber's Live Journal, inside the December issue of GanGan (the issue that came out on Nov. 12) says that the next issue, which is Jan. 2011 issue that will come out on Dec. 12 in Japan will have some extra stuff on the new FMA movie, possibly a poster. (...I take her words for it, but if anyone has any doubt, I don't have the access to this month's GamGan, but if someone can post the scanned pages, then I can confirm it. ^^)
Kasumisty
I've seen that Anomia Grey gave us one ripped artwork.

Here's more: (credits go to duckroll from Animesuki forums)

The city looks so cool!
Tombow
Here is the pre-sale ticket (sample,) from the official site

Ticket is 1,300 Yen for adult and 800 Yen for child (tax included). smile.gif
FullmetalFlame29
Was the promo image that appeared on Gyao yahoo a few days ago the same image of Ed and Al that's been going around on the movie's official site and pre-order tickets? I didn't get a chance to see it but I thought it would be different considering it wouldn't make much sense for them to take it down like it was an limited exclusive promo if it was being used on all other promotions at the same time.
Tombow
QUOTE (FullmetalFlame29 @ Nov 15 2010, 12:35 PM) *
Was the promo image that appeared on Gyao yahoo a few days ago the same image of Ed and Al that's been going around on the movie's official site and pre-order tickets? I didn't get a chance to see it ....

@FullmetalFlame29 - Yes, the same one. smile.gif I posted it a few pages back a few times, but any way ^^, here is the screen cap of the page that was on Gyao and later taken down. And, yes, that whole "incident" was strange. tongue.gif

BTW, I'm guessing that image is one of the "key visuals" for the new FMA movie that Mr. Irie & Mr. Kameda was talking about on Twitter while back, as that image seems to be used repeatedly in the promo, and if so we'll probably see it again on upcoming GanGan issue with the movie promo stuff.

As for the art style for the new movie, after being able to watch the trailer a few more times, I agree with others who stated that it looks like a mixture of FMA-1 art style and FMA:Brotherhood art style. Some part looks more "FMA-1"ish, and some part looks more "FMA:Brotherhood"ish.

Aside from the character designs, I like the set design from what I've seen so far. smile.gif

And BTW, I just visited the official jp site and checked all the pages, and so far no new additional news or info.
shanryelric
what a strange title OAO""

GRAWR WHAT IS THAT A TICKET?!?!?!? OAOOOOOOOOOOO /failemoticon/

watched the trailer.. and my reaction was OMFG sleep.gif
to be honest I don't like the character design and the colors are just... off. it's too.. eeehh.. pointy and the colors looks like the old anime series which I dont really like either.

this far, I like CoS much much better.
Kasumisty
The main movie site and FMA:B site say that the date of premiere of that film will be on 2nd of July this year. (sorry for bad English, just after New Year tongue.gif)
Tombow
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jan 1 2011, 07:52 AM) *
The main movie site and FMA:B site say that the date of premiere of that film will be on 2nd of July this year. (sorry for bad English, just after New Year tongue.gif)

Thank you, Kasumisty! happy.gif

I was finally able to load the official site (it takes awhile on my slow connection, and sometimes I get timed-out xdd)

The movie will be coming out on Saturday, JULY 2, 2011 in Japan!!!

I'm excited! biggrin.gif

EdokunEdo
Hooray! lets hope when the movie gets dubbed it will be as good as the japanese version biggrin.gif
fantasysangel
Fantastic a release date has been annoucned. That's a good way to star the new year.
The next thing we need is more updates on the website. I am slightly dissapointed they haven't added anymore characters, but at least the voice cast confirms Winry and Alex Louis Armstrong are going to be in it. Now to see how they will look in this style...
Kasumisty
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jan 8 2011, 05:31 PM) *
The only problem is that, even with the release date in Japan, it will take quite a while for it to be put up on the net and translated, so, I'm figuring we'll only be able to lay hands on this movie, at least, by the end of this year, early 2012.

I don't really think it would take so long for the speed fansub groups to translate a movie. An episode would be usually fansubbed in 1-2 days from the release date. A movie could take, for example an hour an a half, so the length of 4 episodes or so. I think we will lay our hands on translation a week or two after the film premiere.

Of course, there may be a problem with getting the movie in HQ.
allykatty1
Hmm, I can't help but notice that the July 2 date falls on the same weekend as Anime Expo in Los Angeles. I am currently humoring myself with the fantasy that we might get a screening there. wink.gif
Turdaewen
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jan 8 2011, 12:37 PM) *
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jan 8 2011, 05:31 PM) *
The only problem is that, even with the release date in Japan, it will take quite a while for it to be put up on the net and translated, so, I'm figuring we'll only be able to lay hands on this movie, at least, by the end of this year, early 2012.

I don't really think it would take so long for the speed fansub groups to translate a movie. An episode would be usually fansubbed in 1-2 days from the release date. A movie could take, for example an hour an a half, so the length of 4 episodes or so. I think we will lay our hands on translation a week or two after the film premiere.

Of course, there may be a problem with getting the movie in HQ.

Exactly my point, Michiyo. ^^

I'm not talking about translations, I'm taking about available Raws on the net. The movie gets released in theaters in Japan on July 2nd. It will only reach DVD and Blu-Ray, at least, 3 months after that, if we are lucky (which would make any Raw available, at the earliest, late October. Also remembering that, though the TV-caps of FMA:B took few hours to be available, Blu-Ray-caps were only available on the net at least 10 days after their release in Japan. Some took more than a month).

A episode airs on TV and is easily captured and put up in a computer and web, with almost 100% anonymity. Not the same happens with movies.

We have to take into account that, in Japan, recording a film inside a movie theater is a felony that, if the person is caught doing, he/she is arrested immediately and, culturally, is very condemnable. Unlike places like the US and Brazil, people in Japan don't usually DO that. (and it think it'll be even harder after last year's campaign to diminish manga/anime piracy on the net, which has slowed down many Raws from reaching the net);

So I think it will be actually quite hard for us to find ANY Raw to the film before it gets released in DVD and Blu-Ray. Most animes are. And, therefore, it unlikely we'll get to see this movie before 2012.
alphonse edwic
oh good. now we fans of FMA will be satisfied through our spiritial being's good new's. now we must wait in pain and suffering as we all long for this.
DeeMan
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood movie first poster!!! Check:
FMA Brotherhood movie poster!
wink.gif
Tombow
Thank you, DeeMan! (and, WELCOME to our board! ^^)

I didn't realise before, but there is Milos city in bottom left part of the pic. It looks like it's ablaze. I'm so itching to know the storyline!
Kasumisty
Yeah, info about movie~ Hope there will be gradually more of it!
deet-tastic
Very cool!
You guys notice that the art on ed's stomach is a bit different? You can see his automail below where his shirt ripples.
Tombow
The Movie will premier on June 29, 2011 in Tokyo!!

From the link for NEWS page of MiloStar official jp site, as posted by Michiyo- here...
2011.06.03 プレミア試写会開催決定!!

公開直前の6月29日(水)開催、1回限りの超限定試写会に500名様をご招待!

公式HPをご覧の皆様から抽選で100名様をご招待!
※6月10日発売の月刊「少年ガンガン」7月号他でも募集をしております。

再びスクリーンに戻ってくる「鋼の錬金術師」をいち早く見に来て下さい!
スペシャルゲストも登壇予定!

日時:2011年6月29日(水) / 17:30開場 18:00舞台挨拶 18:30開映
場所:新宿ピカデリー スクリーン1
ゲスト:村田和也(監督)、朴ろ美(エドワード・エルリック役)、ブラックマヨネーズ、SKE48(松井玲奈他数名)他 登壇予定!

<Translation>
News posted on June 6, 2011:
Special premier of FMA:MiloStar movie!!

Shortly before the nation-wide premier, we'll have the on-time only special premier of FMA "Sacred Star of Milos" movie, on June 29, 2011, for lucky 500 FMA fans!!
From the visitors of official FMA MiloStar jp site 100 lucky FMA fans will be invited to this special premier!
To enter the drawing, fil out the entry form at the bottom of this page and click on enter (bottom left button) ...if you're in Japan and can attend this premier. ^^ If anyone is serious about entering the drawing and needs help, post here and I can help you with more details. smile.gif
You can also enter into separate drawing for tickets for this premier with July issue (coming out on June 11, 2011) of GanGan magazine.

Date & Time: Wednesday, June 29, 2011. The theater will be open for seating starting 5:30 pm, the announcements and guest comments starts 6:00 pm, and the movie starts 6:30 pm.
Place: Shinjuku Piccadilly theater, screen 1, Shinjuku, Tokyo.
Guests: Director of the movie, Mr. Murata, Ed's Japanese VA, Romi Park-san, comedians Black Mayonnaise who are also VAs in this movie, etc.

Also, the English dubbed movie will be released in the U.S. in th eearly part of 2012!!
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ May 22 2011, 12:38 AM) *
I regularly visit Funimation's website and see what their current/future releases are (well, because I enjoy their dubs xD); and I've just read that they've acquired the rights to this movie and will be releasing it early 2012. I'm really glad they'll be releasing it.

QUOTE (Funimation)
Flower Mound, TX (May 21, 2011) – FUNimation ® Entertainment has acquired the second film based on the popular Fullmetal Alchemist franchise, FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: THE SACRED STAR OF MILOS (also known as Fullmetal Alchemist: Milos no Sei naru Hoshi), which is set to premiere in Japan on July 2nd, 2011.

Longtime partner Aniplex, Inc. has awarded the U.S. theatrical, home entertainment, digital and broadcast rights to the animated feature-length film to American distributor FUNimation.

The movie is produced by studio BONES and directed by Kazuya Murata.
FUNimation will release the English dub version of FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: THE SACRED STAR OF MILOS in theaters in early 2012 and on DVD and Blu-ray in the Spring.

Source - Funi's blog

Awesome! Thank you, A Pierrot's Aria for bringing the news! biggrin.gif
Good to know that:
1. It will be English dubbed.
2. The movie will get the theatrical release in the U.S.
3. And it will come out relatively early, in the early part of 2012, and the DVDs in Spring of 2012
4. Also, now we know the English title of the movie: Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos. smile.gif

Sure, I was hoping/expecting this, but it is good to see it officially in the news! biggrin.gif
acaray
Hi everyone, I'm back on the forum smile.gif

From June 30th to July 3rd, Japan Expo will be hold in paris, like any other year. But this year, Dybex, who releases FMA in France, will have a big surprise for us. The 2nd, at exactly 4.15 pm, will be project FMA : MiloStar, with french subtitles XD
400 places for the projection will be freely given during the morning and we'll have the chance to see the movie at the same time that our friends in japan ^^
It's not the first time Dybex gives us an exclusive view on FMA, last year, also at the Japan Expo, we had the last episode of FMA B. projected the same day it went out in japan, with subtitles. So here they come again and surprise us !!! smile.gif

I know I'll fight like a lion to have one of those 400 places, and I can't wait to be there, it's gonna be really great ^^

I was hoping for something, like a trailer in french, but the whole movie ??? with subtitles ??? Now that's something XD
Tombow
Welcome back, acaray, and thank you so much for bringing this awesome news! biggrin.gif
Wow, same day, with official French subtitle! ohmy.gif
Kudos to Dyrex, and lucky you, French FMA fans!
Hope you guys enjoy the same-day official French subtitled movie! happy.gif
Dark-Winds
@acaray Wow! You're so lucky! I wish we had that here in America biggrin.gif
acaray
Yes, it's just at the right time, couldn't be better.

And I dunno if that'll be possible but I'll try to get anything from the show and post them here once I'll get back smile.gif
allykatty1
Aw man, they played the last FMA:B episode subtitled at Anime Expo in LA last year too, but I haven't heard anything about the movie! C'mon, Funimation/Expo/whoever, get on it!!!!! ohmy.gif I already have so much going on that weekend, but that would be the highlight as far as I'd be concerned, hahaha!
Michiyo-
<Program Note>

Now that the FMA MiloStar Movie is out in Japan, spoilers will likely to appear on the net.
We ask everyone to keep the spoiler discussions in the designated MiloStar Movie Spoiler Zone sub-forum, if you encounter spoilers, please post them ONLY in this sub-forum!
There are major plot twists in the movie, so if you don’t wish to be spoiled, do NOT come there!

Please do NOT post and discuss spoilers outside the MiloStar Movie Spoiler Zone sub-forum!

Tombow
U.S Premier:
There will be world premier of Fullmetal Alchemist Sacred Star of Milos English subbed version at OTACON 2011 at July 29-31 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, Maryland. The movie's director Kazuya Murata will be attending this exclusive screening and the Q&A panel afterwards.
The movie will come to regular theaters in next Spring.

Hong Kong:
The movie will premier in 8 of 30 movie theaters in Hong Kong in the beginning part of November, 2011.

Singapore:
There will be limited number of showings in some theaters starting Aug. 19, 2011.

Taiwan:
Movie will premier in movie theaters this Fall.

(Source: AnimateTVNews.JP, Convention Fans)
hilary
QUOTE (Tombow @ Jul 22 2011, 12:09 AM) *
Hong Kong:
The movie will premier in 8 of 30 movie theaters in Hong Kong in the begining part of November, 2011.

So great that I'm living in Hong Kong~
and I'm going to ACGHK to line up for buying the pre-sale ticket!!XDDDD
I've called to the company the details about the pre-sale ticket,and the staff
said there will be a guidebook(manga 11.5?)and a calendar as a gift
of the pre-sale ticket set
I can't wait to see what they are!! smile.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you for the news!

It's so unfair --the UK never gets anything! laugh.gif

*Sniffle*
Puka-chan
Sometimes I really hate living in Germany >.<
In the UK you can at least buy the Brotherhood dvds. That's not even possible in Germany crybaby.gif
But congratulations for all who have the chance to see the movie. I have to wait for the US or UK dvd release..
hilary

I'm back from the first day of Hong Kong anime.comic.games festival
it was lots of fun and surprise to see there are quite lots of commercial
of Milos movie that is going to show in Hong Kong at November 2011
And of course, I bought the pre-sale ticket set biggrin.gif

The set included a exchange coupon , calendar , and guidebook(which is said to be no-for sale in Japan!:D)

I've post the others picture in here: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1157389103
Tombow
^ Thank you, hilary! biggrin.gif

The Milos movie official site announced additional bonus gift item for theater audiences!

Starting Saturday Aug. 6, 2011 (in some theaters starting on Aug. 13, 2011) those who came to the theater (in Japan) to watch the Sacred Star of Milos movie can get the raw film cut-up of theater preview trailers!! Numbers of available film cut-ups are limited, and it's first come, first served. (This is in addition to vol 11.5...where available)

(I don't know how many frames each cane get. smile.gif)
ETA: It's Aug. 6 in Japan and some fans have already received this film frame. It seems you get 4 frames per each cut-up of the film. Some lucky fan got a frame with Alex and Winry! (If you see the movie, you will know how rare this frame is XDD)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.