Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA "MiloStar" Music, score, OST discussions (Any post that contains actual movie spoiler discussions --> please post in SPOILER ZONE forum)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Sacred Star of Milos Movie
Pages: 1, 2
Michiyo-
Note: For the time-being, Music in this movie is discussed here in "FMA:MiloStar movie" forum and not in FMA Music forum. smile.gif ~ Tombow

ETA: 29th June, 2011:

Original Soundtrack (music by Taro Iwashiro)
Release date: June 29, 2011

Tracklist, posted by A Pierrot's Aria here:
Click on the links to listen to the music! Links are courtesy of A Pierrot's Aria and were posted here.)

1. 見参! ~introduction~ (Meet [Fullmetal Alchemist]! ~introduction~ ) (0:46)
2. 道なき道の果て (At the End of Pathless Trail) (5:15)
3. 招かざる敵 (Uninvited Foe) (7:55)
4. 孤高の錬金術師 (Unstained Alchemist) (1:58)
5. 飛翔急襲作戦 (Flying Raid) (4:39)
6. アシュレイの断章 (Ashley's Story) (2:50)
7. 黒コウモリ戦隊 (Black Bat Squadron) (4:10)
8. 陽光讃歌 (Paean of Sunlight) (1:21)
9. 知られざる闇の史 (Unknown Dark History) (3:11)
10. 嘆きの丘の軌跡 (Track for the Mountain of Sorrow) (3:29)
11. 星の錬成 (Transforming a Star) (1:34)
12. ジュリアの心音 (Heartbeats of Julia) (3:41)
13. 激闘惨劇 (Atrocious Fierce Battle) (5:34)
14. 想いと共に (Longing) (2:09)
15. 魂の勝鬨 (Triumphant Cry of Soul) (1:35)
16. Jに捧げるアリア (Aria for J) (3:28)
17. 儚き命の声 (The Voice of Fleeting Life) (4:08)
18 古の都 ~Outroduction~ (Ancient City ~outroduction~) (3:12)

Opening Song: 「Chasing hearts」 by miwa
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ May 30 2011, 11:11 AM) *
"Chasing Hearts" is on B side of Single CD: 「441」
Tracklist:
01. 441
02. Chasing Hearts (FMA "MiloStar" Opening Song)
03. 春になったら <acoustic version> (Haru ni nattara, "When Spring comes")
04. 441 ~instrumental~

Listen to "Chasing hearts".
English translated lyrics (translated by Tombow) can be found here.

Theme Song: 「GOOD LUCK MY WAY」by L'Arc~en~Ciel

Additional info posted by hilary here:
QUOTE (hilary @ May 20 2011, 08:07 AM) *
Details of good luck my way CD (FMA version)

【Hagane no Renkinjutsushi Version】
CD+DVD(for a limited time only)
KSCL 1819-1820 ¥1,785(tax in)
<Specifications>
・Original jacket illustrations for “Full Metal Alchemist (Hagane no Renkinjutsushi): Nageki no Oka no Seinaru Hoshi”
・Stickers of jacket illustrations for “Full Metal Alchemist (Hagane no Renkinjutsushi): Nageki no Oka no Seinaru Hoshi” included
・Waku-waku L'Arc~en~Ciel stickers included(1 illustrated sticker out of 8 total kinds)
・3-sided Digipak

<Track Listing>
1.GOOD LUCK MY WAY / L'Arc~en~Ciel
2.GOOD LUCK MY WAY (hydeless version) / L'Arc~en~Ciel
-bonus track-
3.READY STEADY GO / L'Arc~en~Ciel
4.Link / L'Arc~en~Ciel
5.LOST HEAVEN / L'Arc~en~Ciel
<DVD>
1.Music Clip of “GOOD LUCK MY WAY” Hagane no Renkinjutsushi Version
2.“Full Metal Alchemist (Hagane no Renkinjutsushi): Nageki no Oka no Seinaru Hoshi”: special promotions for theatre, TV promos, previews (total of 7 versions included)

Listen to "GOOD LUCK MY WAY". Link posted by hilary here.
Japanese lyrics, posted by hilary can be found here.

============
L'Arc~en~Ciel will sing the theme song of the movie!

Info found on Baidu.

I'm looking forward to hearing it! biggrin.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you for the news! I'm a little disappointed it will be them, though. I've never really liked any of their songs. In my opinion, Ready Steady Go is their only good song! I don't even like the ones on CoS. laugh.gif But who knows, I may be pleasantly surprised when I hear this new one!
Kasumisty
Wow, L'arc en Ciel is back? I didn't see that coming. We will see how they perform.

One more thing - the art style reminds me of the first anime and now they are bringing back a band which was a trademark of the first series.
Misty- Nala
L'arc-en-Ciel will perform the theme song!!?? Now I HAVE to see the film. I have loved all their songs in FMA, Link being my absolute favourite anime song ever.

Oh, this brightens my day biggrin.gif
allykatty1
L'Arc-en-Ciel??! YES! biggrin.gif One of my fav bands ever! Really awesome to have them back!!! I also did not see that one coming. Kind of reinforces the idea they're probably trying to appeal to fans of both Anime1 and Brotherhood, as if the movie could be taking place in either 'verse.

Still looks like a video game plot, but hey, I'll take it anyway. tongue.gif
penguintruth
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Mar 20 2011, 09:18 AM) *
Thank you for the news! I'm a little disappointed it will be them, though. I've never really liked any of their songs. In my opinion, Ready Steady Go is their only good song! I don't even like the ones on CoS. laugh.gif But who knows, I may be pleasantly surprised when I hear this new one!

Ugh. "Ready Steady Go" was the worst FMA OP of them all. It's so droning. "Link" and "Lost Heaven" were superior.
A Pierrot's Aria
^Well that's your opinion and I'm afraid I disagree with it. xD

Even so, while I do like Ready Steady Go, overall, I personally don't think L'arc en Ciel make good music, hence why I'm a little disappointed. And to be completely honest, I personally would have liked a completely different singer/band to sing the theme song. But I am hoping to end up liking the song by L'arc en Ciel.

But I do think what Kasumisty picked up on was nice, though. The idea that they're getting back to the "trademark" of the first anime by using this band and the similar-ish art style. happy.gif
FMAobsessed
I don't know if people have heard about this, but L'arc-en-ciel will be providing the theme song for the new FMA movie.
I have missed them and their work in FMA. It is good that they will be back.

http://www.jpopasia.com/news/larc-en-ciel-...ovie::5711.html

<Thank you! And yes, Michiyo- posted it last week. It's on the page before. biggrin.gif ~Board staff >

Woops! I did not realize that it was already posted. My friend showed me the article yesterday, so I thought it was really recent
ChibiSan411
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Mar 20 2011, 10:12 AM) *
L'Arc~en~Ciel will sing the theme song of the movie!

Info found on Baidu.

I'm looking forward to hearing it! biggrin.gif
QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Mar 27 2011, 07:11 PM) *
I don't know if people have heard about this, but L'arc-en-ciel will be providing the theme song for the new FMA movie.
I have missed them and their work in FMA. It is good that they will be back.

http://www.jpopasia.com/news/larc-en-ciel-...ovie::5711.html

That's so cool that L'arc-en-ciel will be doing another song for FMA. I can't wait for the release of the movie! I will be looking forward to the song as well! happy.gif
Pananan
I'm a little bit nooby; is L'arc-en-ciel the artist of another song used in FMA? Maybe one from CoS?

Julia seems okay, as long as they don't try to pair her up with Ed or Al. I was miffed enough that that one girl from the games looked like Al's love interest. Though if they did try to toss in some UST it miiiiiight be okay as long as nothing comes of it and the brothers leave her forever. >:I
It's very interesting that a lot of these side stories are focusing on countries surrounding Amestris. I've always been curious about them.
AXavierB
They did "Ready Steady Go", the first anime's second (I believe) OP theme.
Pananan
QUOTE (AXavierB @ Apr 1 2011, 05:57 PM) *
They did "Ready Steady Go", the first anime's second (I believe) OP theme.

Oh okay. I'm not terribly familiar with FMA1's openings and endings and stuff. I remember liking that one though, so I hope the song is great! biggrin.gif
Michiyo-
The soundtrack of the movie comes out on June 29!

It can be pre-ordered from Amazon.jp and other Japanese webshops.

Music by: Taro Iwashiro
Price: 3150 Yen

I can't wait to listen to it! biggrin.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you for the news, Michiyo-!

I'd love to get it, but it's kind of weird that it comes out a couple of days before the movie's release. laugh.gif I'd hate to get it and end up not liking anything on it! But I'm sure it'll be a good soundtrack! biggrin.gif
Tombow
Thank you, Michiyo-! biggrin.gif

Wow, that's fast! So, we may get to find out what the OST is like before the movie comes out! ^^
Kasumisty
Heard some of his music and I'm pleasantly surprised. The music is great.
hilary
The new Milos movie's opening song sing by L'arc~en~Ciel
is called 「GOOD LUCK MY WAY」
2011 june 29 on sale~~!!!!!
A Pierrot's Aria
Ah yeah, I also read on amber1003's journal that there may be a possibility that it'll be played on Tokyo FM at 10pm Japan time.

If that's the case, we'll have to wait and see if someone manages to record it or something. If not, oh well. tongue.gif I see it has the same release date as the OST. biggrin.gif
hilary
HEY GUYS I'VE FOUND THE SONG !!!*0*!!!!
「GOOD LUCK MY WAY」!!!!

I;ve upload it to sendspace~~~
Enjoy!!!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1ko489

-----
youtube link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh7VMAzouNs...feature=related
Kasumisty
Thank you.

The song is very...busy. I don't know what to think about it. The chorus is quite nice, though.
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you hilary! hug.gif

It's sounds okay; certainly not the best, but far from the worst (in my opinion). It's one of L'arc~en~Ciel's more listen-able tracks for me, personally. Who knows, when we know what the lyrics say, it may grow on me. tongue.gif
hilary
まだまだ 梦は覚めないで
この道の向こう 何が待ってるだろう
きっときっと 答えはあるから
谛めきれない 立ち止まらないんだ
でも后ろ髪引く后 少しだけでも
その柔らかな 笑颜の隣にいたいけれど

まっすぐに駆け出す 晴れ渡る青空が眩しい
追い风に煽られ 新しい旅が始まる
いつかまた 逢えるよ 振返らずに明日へ向かうよ
GOOD LUCK MY WAY 信じる道へ

あっちこっち 駆けずり回って
叩き込まないと 答えは出ないみたい
きっときっと 后悔しないで
笑いあげるよ 进み続けるんだ 
ほら もう怖くはない 明日何が起こっても
乗り越えられそう どこまで踬いても越えたから

移り行く世界の 片隅で君に逢えてうれしい
あふれそうな想いを 言叶に决め帰ったよ
いつかまた逢えたら もっとうまく伝えられるから
GOOD LUCK MY WAY 微笑みかけて

まっすぐに駆け出す 晴れ渡る青空が眩しい
追い风に煽られ 新しい旅が始まる
いつかまた 逢えるよ 振返らずに明日へ向かうよ
GOOD LUCK MY WAY ○○○○

移り行く世界の 片隅で君に逢えてうれしい
あふれそうな想いを 言叶に决め帰ったよ
いつかまた逢えたら もっとうまく伝えられるから
遥かな虹を超えて
GOOD LUCK MY WAY 信じる道へ
Michiyo-
Thanks for the link, hilary! ^^
It's not what I expected, but still good. Maybe if I listen to it more times it will grow on me.
4de
thank hilari for the link. the song is great!
can someone translate the lyrics?
Tombow
Thank you so much, hilary!! biggrin.gif

Wow, fast tempo, and it sounds very L'arc~en~Ciel. XD I like it.

As for translations, I'm currently breathtakingly busy with other board stuff (I haven't even finished translating Arakawa-comments on FMA Artbook III!! >.<)
But, I know some of other Japanese reading members are back on board... anyone, please go ahead and post the translations! ^^

Oh, and I was checking some CoS stuff, and OST for CoS also came out before the release of CoS mvoie. ^^
Misty- Nala
Not going to listen to the song until I see the movie, I'm weird that way. I don't know, music is very important to me. If the theme song doesn't get me hooked, the movie's not going to interest me. (Some mixed feelings with CoS here)

But, bottomline, I like L'arc-en-Ciel and I tend to assosiate them with FMA. I loved Ready Steady Go and ADORE Link and by what I heard of the theme song in the trailer, it has at least some promise.
And yes, I'm looking forward to seeing the translated lyrics. I know some basic hiragana and that's not going to take me far, unfortunately.
hilary
Details of "Good Luck My Way" (L'Arc~en~Ciel) FMA version CD

【Hagane no Renkinjutsushi Version】
CD+DVD(for a limited time only)
KSCL 1819-1820 ¥1,785(tax in)
<Specifications>
・Original jacket illustrations for “Full Metal Alchemist (Hagane no Renkinjutsushi): Nageki no Oka no Seinaru Hoshi”
・Stickers of jacket illustrations for “Full Metal Alchemist (Hagane no Renkinjutsushi): Nageki no Oka no Seinaru Hoshi” included
・Waku-waku L'Arc~en~Ciel stickers included(1 illustrated sticker out of 8 total kinds)
・3-sided Digipak

<Track Listing>
1.GOOD LUCK MY WAY / L'Arc~en~Ciel
2.GOOD LUCK MY WAY (hydeless version) / L'Arc~en~Ciel
-bonus track-
3.READY STEADY GO / L'Arc~en~Ciel
4.Link / L'Arc~en~Ciel
5.LOST HEAVEN / L'Arc~en~Ciel
<DVD>
1.Music Clip of “GOOD LUCK MY WAY” Hagane no Renkinjutsushi Version
2.“Full Metal Alchemist (Hagane no Renkinjutsushi): Nageki no Oka no Seinaru Hoshi”: special promotions for theatre, TV promos, previews (total of 7 versions included)
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you for the info, hilary! happy.gif

It's a good idea to pop all of their Fullmetal Alchemist songs onto the one album! smile.gif
Tombow
^ Thank you for the CD info, hilary! biggrin.gif

Pic below is the "Soundtrack" page of official JP site, and I can't clearly read the small letters, but I think the pic in the middle of page with Ed and Al may be the first-print bonus jacket cover.
A Pierrot's Aria
I'm still conflicted as to whether or not to pre-order the OST. I sort of started hovering on the page thinking whether or not I should add it to the basket, ahaha! But I did notice that CDJapan added the tracklist.

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST 'MiloStar' Original Soundtrack list
1. 見参! 〜introduction〜 /KENZAN! -INTRODUCTION-
2. 道なき道の果て/ MICHI NAKI MICHI NO HATE
3. 招かざる敵 / MANEKAZARU TEKI
4. 孤高の錬金術師/ KOKOU NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
5. 飛翔急襲作戦/ HISHOU KYUUSHUU SAKUSEN
6. アシュレイの断章/ ASHLEY NO DANSHOU
7. 黒コウモリ戦隊/ KURO KOUMORI SENTAI
8. 陽光讃歌/ YOUKOU SANKA
9. 知られざる闇の史/ SHIRAREZARU YAMI NO SHI
10. 嘆きの丘の軌跡/ NAGEKI NO OKA NO KISEKI
11. 星の錬成/ HOSHI NO RENSEI
12. ジュリアの心音/ JULIA NO SHIN-ON
13. 激闘惨劇/ GEKITOU SANGEKI
14. 想いと共に/ OMOI TO TOMO NI
15. 魂の勝鬨/ TAMASHII NO KACHIDOKI
16. Jに捧げるアリア/ J NI SASAGERU ARIA
17. 儚き命の声/ HAKANAKI INOCHI NO KOE
18. 古の都 〜outroduction〜/ INISHIE NO MIYAKO -OUTRODUCTION-
Michiyo-
The movie's official site announced that the movie's Opening song will be 「Chasing hearts」 by miwa.
The single will be out on June 29.

ETA: "Chasing Hearts" is on B side of Single CD: 「441」
Tracklist:
01. 441
04. 441 ~instrumental~

I don't find "Chasing Hearts" yet, but you can listen to Miwa's "441" on Youtube here ~ Tombow

So Good Luck My Way is only the theme song.
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you for the news, Michiyo-! hug.gif

I wonder what this song will sound like. biggrin.gif
Tombow
Thank you, A Pierrot's Aria for the OST list, and thank you, Michiyo- for the news on OP!!

Yes, I just checked the official JP site, and it never says "Good luck my way"is an OP.
What it says is...
1. L’Arc~en~Ciel will do theme music for the movie.
2. L’Arc~en~Ciel has a new single called "Good Luck My Way"

(Yes, yes, I should have double checked the official JP site myself and confirmed the reported news when the news of "Good Luck My Way" came out. sleep.gif )

Anyway, I want to find out more on this OP song 「Chasing hearts」 by Miwa!! biggrin.gif
allykatty1
Hmm, went and Googled miwa and she is fairly new to the scene, but did a Bleach opening called "Change." I listened to that one - not bad! Seemed to me a bit of a cross between Yui and a one-woman Scandal.
A Pierrot's Aria
Here's the cover of the limited edition FMA pressing of L'arc~en~Ciel's "Good Luck My Way".

Ed somehow looks kind of strange to me. laugh.gif But I do like the image! happy.gif

Source: CDJapan
Tombow
^ Thank you, A Pierrot's Aria! Yeah, it seems Al looks little off also. xp

QUOTE (Michiyo- @ May 30 2011, 05:11 AM) *
ETA: "Chasing Hearts" is on B side of Single CD: 「441」
Tracklist:
01. 441
04. 441 ~instrumental~

I don't find "Chasing Hearts" yet, but you can listen to Miwa's "441" on Youtube here ~ Tombow

ETA:
First Press of Miwa's single "441" will come with 「Fullmetal Alchemist: Milos no Sei-Naru Hoshi」(FMA: Sacred Star Of Milos) movie poster and sticker bonus.
(source: JpopCentral ...there might be info on this on official movie jp site also, but I can't get on there at the moment. XP)
A Pierrot's Aria
@Tombow Yeah, Al does look a little off too, looking at it again. laugh.gif

And thank you so much for the news! hug.gif I'd totally get that single just for the movie poster if I had enough money to spare!
Michiyo-
A bigger version of the OST cover is out on amazon.jp:

@A Pierrot's Aria & Tombow: I think Al's head looks too small compared to his body, that's why he looks a little off.
A Pierrot's Aria
@Michiyo Yeah, that's what I noticed about Al, too. I think it's the same with the OST cover as well. laugh.gif
Tombow
Thank you, Michiyo-! (Hmm, I'm curious about the artist of that pic.) biggrin.gif
(And, I agree, Al's head looks too small. xd)

By the way, I mean to translate the titles for songs/music listed for OST , but I've been sooooo busy with other board stuff! Meantime, if anyone would like to go ahead and post the translations of song/music titles on OST list, please go ahead and do! smile.gif
Michiyo-
A short preview of 「Chasing hearts」 by miwa is up on sonymusic.co.jp:

Listen to Miwa's "Chasing Hearts" preview clip on Sony.JP
(It may take a while to fully load. It's at the top center part of the page.)

It sounds good, I can't wait to hear the full version. biggrin.gif
dreamfield
Thank you, Michiyo!
i've always been looking forward to this song, and iit's exciting to find the link here! ^ ^

Miwa's voice seems pretty sweet in this song, a little bit different with 411. Personaly i think it doesn't seem like a "Hagaren song", for it isn't "fullmetal" enough. But i still hope the full version with pictures will be good~
Tombow
Thank you, Michiyo- for finding the preview clip!! happy.gif

It's catchy, and I like it! biggrin.gif
Flamez_Freak
the covers look amazing . its been an eternity since i post anything here..feels great to be back ))
hilary
Hi everybody~~it's me again smile.gif
I've bought Good luck my way (hagaren ver.)CD today
It's so awesome!!! But that's a pity that the booklet cover of the lyric had printed wrongly...: o...
Anyways~hope you enjoy my sharing : )

In this link inculded the music video screencap
( sorry to say that I've got some problem on uploading it
can anyone can tell me which site can I share the files? thank you!)

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1122798286 (link changed to this one)

A Pierrot's Aria
It all looks very cool! Thank you for sharing, hilary! happy.gif

ETA: Here are the rest of the images that hilary kindly shared:

Tombow
Oh, I forgot it's out! \o/ Thank you, hilary! happy.gif

ETA: More images that hilary kindly shared:

A Pierrot's Aria
Here are the last two images that hilary kindly shared --(more images in above posts): Thanks again for all the pics, hilary!

4de
thank for the picures michiyo and hilary!
the song chasing heart for miwa is the opening of the movie??
hilary
I've upload the Good luck my way (Hagaren version) music video to sendspace

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sdq3c5

will all CM after the music video

Hope you all enjoy smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.