Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA:MiloStar staff (non-VA) casts discussions: Director, original story author, etc. (Any post that contains actual movie spoiler discussions --> please post in SPOILER ZONE forum)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Sacred Star of Milos Movie
Tombow
According to the site, Japanese title of the movie is "鋼の錬金術師 嘆きの丘の聖なる星"

tentatively, I'm translating it as..... "Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of the Sorrow Mountain"

... "嘆き" can be translated as "sorrow" or "grief," or it can be " walling" as translated by Amber also. Just because the title starts with lots of "s" sound in "Sacred Star," I'm choosing "sorrow" here. XD And, "丘" is usually correctly translated as "hill," but I think in one past episode of Brotherhood it was once translated as "mountain," and just because IMO "Sorrow Mountain" seems to sound better than "Sorrow Hill" I'm using "mountain." xD As I said, this is a tentative title, and we have to wait for the official translation. ^^

The official movie site (and the trailer) says the movie will premier next summer in Japan, and they will start the advance ticket sales on Monday, Nov. 22, 2010.

The translation of the "Introduction" page content on the official site, courtesy of Amber on her LiveJournal page, link posted by Kasumisty here
Finally, the forbidden story of bond is told.

It ended in June 2010 and the accumulated total of series was over 50 million copies, "Fullmetal Alchemist" drawn by Arakawa Hiromu.
Elric brothers who committed a taboo, the original manga which depicted their pitiless journey and the whereabouts of their soul on on a magnificent scale called forth an echo.
Also, TV animation which was aired in accordance with the ending of manga is still fresh in our minds.
That "Fullmetal Alchemist" appears on a screen in summer 2011 again.
The director, Kazuya Murata (The series of "CODE GEASS Lelouch of the Rebellion") and character designer and chief key animation supervisor, Kenichi Konishi ("Tokyo Godfathers") are received as the new staff, in addition, the movie brings in Yuichi Shinpo who is the novelist and known for "Whiteout" etc as the screenwriter.
Studio Bones engages in creation of anime as well as previous series, and "Fullmetal Alchemist The sacred star on Wailing Hill (Miros)" will be delivered with the scale just like the movie.
Edward Elric and his young brother, Alphonse - they were still on the middle of journey with being tossed about by fateful waves...
The story of bond which is finally told rises the curtain here now.

Director: Kazuya Murata
Script: Yūichi Shinpo
Character Designer & Chief Animation director: Kenichi Konishi
Animation Studio: BONES

I'm happy to see that the art design looks good. ^^ From the short trailer and the pic on the site, with the exception of Ed, other characters somewhat have the feel that reminds me of Miyazaki's anime movies. xp Anyway, love seeing "Sleeping Ed" from manga!! ^^
(Maybe because of "flying girl" thing.. xp)
penguintruth
I wonder if Arakawa had anything to do with the concept of the movie or she's just doing them a favor by rendering them for that image.
ED_Cantu
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Nov 24 2010, 07:22 PM) *
I wonder if Arakawa had anything to do with the concept of the movie or she's just doing them a favor by rendering them for that image.

If we go by the staff credits then no, the Script writer is Yuuichi Shinbo.

As for the image, Arakawa has drawn characters from the FMA games where she never had anything to do so I think it's the same here.
penguintruth
Come to think of it, she also did some 4koma for the first TV series (the one where Sloth berates Hohenheim was funny).

Arakawa is a great sport. That's why, aside from having written such a great story, she's one of my favorite mangaka.
Michiyo-
<Program Note>

Now that the FMA MiloStar Movie is out in Japan, spoilers will likely to appear on the net.
We ask everyone to keep the spoiler discussions in the designated MiloStar Movie Spoiler Zone sub-forum, if you encounter spoilers, please post them ONLY in this sub-forum!
There are major plot twists in the movie, so if you donít wish to be spoiled, do NOT come there!

Please do NOT post and discuss spoilers outside the MiloStar Movie Spoiler Zone sub-forum!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.