Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA "MiloStar" Story-line/Time-line/Plot discussions (Any post that contains actual movie spoiler --> please post in SPOILER ZONE forum)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Sacred Star of Milos Movie
Pages: 1, 2
penguintruth
So it definitely takes place BEFORE they capture Gluttony? Because I'd have thought something that took place before they went to Briggs, or on their way, would have worked.
Ducard
So it definitely takes place BEFORE they capture Gluttony? Because I'd have thought something that took place before they went to Briggs, or on their way, would have worked.

Tombow said earlier that "Roy and the gang are still in Central". I assume that refers to guys like Fuery and Breda, and they get dispersed shortly after the plan with Gluttony goes awry.

Not sure if it matters, but the open-collar shirt + red jacket design is something Ed wore from the Maria Ross arc through his encounter with Scar in Central. IIRC that design was only used for that general period.
Walawalawolf
I'm kind of curious. It may seem like a side story at first with the little information we've seen now, but who knows, maybe it will tie into Brotherhood in some way or another. Either way I'm really excited for this, and whichever way they go I'm sure it'll be great.
Misty- Nala
No Hughes in this film :'(

By what I'read here about the timeline, the movie takes place in a difficult time. I have no idea how this is going to fit the story or if it's going to fit at all. I don't know whether the writer(s) were indifferent or didn't care to check the story properly because now this movie begins to seem more and more like a filler.
I do hope it gets better in time... I guess it's still too early to tell anything.
Tombow
QUOTE (Ducard @ Dec 15 2010, 10:26 PM) *
Not sure if it matters, but the open-collar shirt + red jacket design is something Ed wore from the Maria Ross arc through his encounter with Scar in Central. IIRC that design was only used for that general period.

@Ducard - I can't double check it right now but that's a good observation, and I appreciate bringing insights like this. ^^

I'm still scouting around the Web and looking for that missing part of interview with the director of the movie, with possibly more comments/info about the time-period for this movie. It's a scanned page from this month's issue of Minitokyo magazine, and the missing part is the left side of this scan that's posted by Kasumisty here. If anyone find the scan of the missing part, please post it here. smile.gif
Bigjake52
This is so much win!!!
I can not wait till its out on dvd or and subtittled.
I hope the storry will go along after brother hood but I doubt it. The ad-vert shows us a ed and all we always see, All (Warning! Possible Series Final Spoilers ahead! ----> --->) in his armer and ed with his auto mail, so kind of disappointing there.

<@Bigjake52 - Welcome to our board! Our board is visited by many FMA fans who have not seen the series final for FMA:Brotherhood or FMA manga yet, so.. when/if posting content that refers to these series finals please make sure to use spoiler covers & "Series Final Spoiler warning" (click me). :) ~ Board staff>
Turdaewen
The only problem is that, even with the release date in Japan, it will take quite a while for it to be put up on the net and translated, so, I'm figuring we'll only be able to lay hands on this movie, at least, by the end of this year, early 2012.

And I truly doubt they'll make any sort of epilogue or "post-manga" (and I'm actually enormously glad they won't), thing in this movie, even if its just a bit, since Arakawa hasn't made any epilogues to FMA aside from what we already have and that's way too little to actually make a plot out of.

As Arakawa herself has said in an interview sometime ago: (Warning! Series Final Spoiler ahead!! --->) "FMA finishes with the end of the Fullmetal Alchemist". if they were to make anything else... it wouldn't be Fullmetal Alchemist, it would be something else. And it would be missing the whole point of the manga of "not needing Alchemy" and about "having a self-learning journey to become self-sufficient".

The manga has wrapped all up pretty nicely already and messing it up is more likely to screw it up than to actually add to it. It would be like saying "This is the end" and then adding "Not quite". Especially since it's not Arakawa who's writting this script, so it would be "finishing someone else's work".

I guess the tops we may be able to find is a sort of reference to it, as some people already stated, as if "the older Ed/Al" told an old story, cause it wouldn't interfere with any of the manga's ending.

I think it's extremely unlikely they would actually change the manga's end and I'm glad it is. One of the things I like most about Arakawa is that she's capable of detaching herself from her work and making it "for the story" and not "for herself" or to "merely please the avid fans". In a world where most things are 'endless' and 'pointless' and just of the sake of being 'news', it's quite refreshing to have someone who's not into making "Endless sagas" and one of the best possibilities of Anime and Manga is that of a different sort of view and approach to animation, including the idea of a story with a Beginning, a Middle and a End and, more that, a purpose and "getting somewhere".

So, yeah, I'm curious about what happens next and about many things that have been left open by the manga, but I'm ok with being curious, cause there will always "something else" to clarify and to talk about and something will always have to be left out. That's the opportunity cost we have to pay (or would it be the "equivalent exchange"? lol).
RoyxRizaFan
Thanks for sharing the images!

Do we have a plot synopsis for this movie yet? I find it odd that they have a trailer, but no movie description...unless that's been posted already and I've just overlooked it. I mean, all the trailer did was confuse me more 0_o
Michiyo-
New scan from Animage magazine:

Found on Baidu, thanks for scanning it, hilary! biggrin.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
That's brilliant! I still think Winry suits the pink colour scheme. happy.gif Thank you, hilary for scanning it, and Michiyo for bringing it to us!
Tombow
Oh, nice! Thank you, Hilary and Michiyo-! biggrin.gif
I quickly skimmed through the article, and it says this movie will be action-oriented drama... as expected, kind of... ^^
I will try to read the rest later, or if some others can, please go ahead and post the translations! ^^
fantasysangel
Wow thanks for the scan! I think this one has got me the most excited: it's great seeing these characters. I am really loving the character design and again, Winry really looks very manga-like.
Armstrong's muscles are...WOAH. *_*
Although all of the characters here are ones that have no been announced on the website. Maybe we'll get some new character designs and previews soon...?
LooneyLolita
This has to be my fav scan so far *A* <33
fantasysangel
Set after Vol. 8? How is this going to happen....?
xUltimate_Shieldx
I have to say that in that lasted picture screen shot magazine thing I LOVE how Roy looks exactly like how he doe sin the manga. It's fantastic. Everyone looks more like they do in the manga; I'm so excited for the art in this. I just keep liking it more and more!

And since it's set after Volume 8, it seems like such a perfect opportunity for Xing characters to be in the movie, I'm sad to say they probably won't be TT__TT
rosieechan
QUOTE (xUltimate_Shieldx @ Jan 19 2011, 11:28 PM) *
I have to say that in that lasted picture screen shot magazine thing I LOVE how Roy looks exactly like how he doe sin the manga. It's fantastic. Everyone looks more like they do in the manga; I'm so excited for the art in this. I just keep liking it more and more!

After volume 8? How did I not know about this, lol? I have HOPE now! for Xing!

I know right? As much as its the perfect opportunity for Xing characters to be in the movie, I'm sad to say they probably won't be TT__TT

I totally agree with your thoughts on Roy. That's exactly what I was thinking.

B-b-but! they have to! it wouldn't be an FMAB movie without Xingese characters! >.<
xUltimate_Shieldx
QUOTE (rosieechan @ Jan 19 2011, 10:02 PM) *
B-b-but! they have to! it wouldn't be an FMAB movie without Xingese characters! >.<

I know! It's the perfect opportunity to put them in, with the time frame and all, and they're important brotherhood characters!

Maybe if we're lucky they'll release they're names later, but they've already released a lot of character designs and stuff =(
Kasumisty
It has not been said that the movie will have anything to do with FMA: Brotherhood...
xUltimate_Shieldx
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jan 20 2011, 03:21 PM) *
It has not been said that the movie will have anything to do with FMA: Brotherhood...

It's not canon to the plot in Brotherhood, but it's brotherhood based. It's not based in the world of the first anime or anything.
deet-tastic
^that

I was talking to a girl on another forum about it yesterday and she hadn't even seen brotherhood, she thought it was another movie to follow up after CoS.
Kasumisty
QUOTE (xUltimate_Shieldx @ Jan 21 2011, 12:39 AM) *
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jan 20 2011, 03:21 PM) *

It's not canon to the plot in Brotherhood, but it's brotherhood based. It's not based in the world of the first anime or anything.

Neither of that has been confirmed. It is not known if the movie is based on any adaptation. For now everything is plausible, even that it may be based on the first anime.
xUltimate_Shieldx
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jan 20 2011, 04:13 PM) *
Neither of that has been confirmed. It is not known if the movie is based on any adaptation. For now everything is plausible, even that it may be based on the first anime.

Considering the first anime is done and done, I'd say it's not first anime based. Also, the teaser trailer was released on the official Brotherhood website in Japan. I'd say that that's a pretty good bet it's based in the world of brotherhood. But like I said, it's non canon to anything in the plot.
heartwing713
Wow... I haven't been to this site since brotherhood ended I missed a lot... I haven't read the whole thread yet, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating things, but does anyone know what the basic timeframe of the movie is? From the character designs on the official website, it's definitely pre-brotherhood ending, but do you know more? And anything about the plotline?I'm so excited for this movie! More FMA is always welcome! Plus, there's a a good chance I'll be in Japan for an exchange program when the movie comes out!
Michiyo-
@heartwing713: Here's what Tombow translated from the first magazine article:
QUOTE (Tombow @ Dec 9 2010, 12:37 PM) *
... the time period of the movie is when Al is already able to perform alchemy without the alchemy circle, and Roy and the gang are still in Central.

So the movie's plot will take place between Vol. 8 and 12. Ed's black jacket can also be a hint, because he wore that type from chapter 35 until chapter 48.

We don't know anything about the plot yet, hopefully they'll update the official website with a short summary soon. ^^
heartwing713
Thanks! Between 8 and 12, huh? I'll have to re-read that section. Isn't that around the time things are starting to heat up in the manga? This should be interesting. ^ ^
hilary

the new pictures from this months' japan magazine
these pictures are took by my friend
shin329

enjoy : )

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=997729328
A Pierrot's Aria
Those images look pretty cool! I like how Roy looks in that first image. Thank you for sharing, hilary!!

That second black and white image that they're using to advertise the festival is also being used for the new Fesitval website they pimped the other day on the movie website. laugh.gif
Kasumisty
Wow, FMA news? Didn't expect those.

Images are nice, but I would like to know anything about plot by now...
Michiyo-
Thanks for sharing the scans, hilary, the first one looks really nice! biggrin.gif I hope the official site will be updated as well, it's been a month since we got some news about the movie.
Tombow
Thank you, hilary! biggrin.gif

Ok everyone, it looks like March issue ("March issue" comes out in February in Japan ^^) Animedia and Animage mags got pics and articles on the new FMA movie, and that means other mags like GanGan will probably have promo article as well. Please keep watchful eyes, and if you see page scans please post! ^^

Also, if anyone find clearer scan of this page, please post.. (it's from March issue of Animage mag, as posted by hilary above.) I would love to be able to read what it says. It may be promo fluff but on a remote chance it may have some movie info we haven't heard yet...

@Kasumisty & Michio- - I agree.... Hope they would give us something more about the plot soon....
Misty- Nala
The pictures are...weird. They're weird but pretty.

The first one with Roy and Ed looked like well done fanart. I can't believe it has anything to do with the movie. The lower picture is absolute manga style. I can't say whether it is good or bad but I think that movies and original sources should be different in some ways. What works in manga isn't certain to work in a film.

Well, let's wait for the March issue first tongue.gif I have to join you guys, I would like to know about the plot. It's about time we knew something! Maybe the staff wants to keep is in the shadows until the movie comes out Like how Lucas kept the "Luke I am your father" thing hidden from pretty much everyone in the cast until they saw it in the premiere
rosieechan
Eeeee! Thanks for posting these pictures! biggrin.gif

The first one is odd, but really pretty o_o the shading is gorgeous, although I'm not too sure that that is what it's going to look like animated...you know, the trailer's animations seemed different from the pictures we're getting...maybe it's just me. ^^;

I loooooove how they did it manga style. And with Hiromu Arakawa's style, it shouldn't be too hard to animate (considering how they did Hero Tales). But I also like how they incorporated their own style to it as well. happy.gif

I want to know about the plot, too! D: I wish they could do it without revealing any spoilers. I'd also like to know all of the original characters appearing in it besides the ones we already know...
Michiyo-
LJ user chan_chanz has scanned the FMA articles from the March issue of Animage and Animedia. Thank you for sharing them! biggrin.gif

I hope they contain some useful info. ^^
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you for bringing us the higher quality scans, Michiyo! I'm glad that the last image has no text because I still think it's an awesome image. laugh.gif I hope there's some good info on them --even if it's just a little. smile.gif
Tombow
Thank you, Michjiyo-! happy.gif Wow, I love the new & detailed look of the Milos city! ohmy.gif

Very quick glance caught a part that says: "..for this movie Roy will also be on the spotlight as one of the main characters... (or something like that ^^)" Yay for Roy fans! biggrin.gif

I will take closer look later, but if anybody else can, please go ahead and post the translations of these articles! biggrin.gif

ETA: Quickly reading the article on this pic. The part that's talking about this movie is blurred and can't read. T.T
OT: But, the article talks, in length, how FMA-1 anime came about... how they took chance with a fresh new writer's first serialized manga series, etc.. and that is very interesting! ohmy.gif (Will be back and read more & post what they say, later tonight if I get more time ^^)
onigiri_girl
I really hope that there will be Royai in the upcoming movie. wub.gif
(Warning: possible series final spoiler content ahead)
I know that the upcoming movie is not about post-manga ending, but somewhere still in the manga timeline (which i don't know what chapter is). Still... i really hoped there will be Royai smile.gif
Misty- Nala
Nice to find some info yet I must agree: this is starting to sound like a fanfic- story. A girl whose parents were murdered... Mary- Sue senses tingling. Yet, I really don't mind Ed having a thing with someone else than Winry. He is a teenager after all.

The one thing that bothers me is the art style. Unfortunately, it is no where as beautiful as that of the 1st Anime but I wasn't even expecting that. What amazes me is that it doesn't resemble the style of the Brotherhood either. Or maybe my eyes are lying since there hasn't been a proper trailer yet.
The RZA
New FMA movie!!!! How did I not know about this!!! I feel like an 8th grader all over again!!!
Vlyse
Well, I am glad we are getting the chance to return to the FMA world (most likely for the last time). The movie better end on a strong note as such, but for now I don't really care too much about it...as already mentioned, a typical sidestory. At least CoS was a continuation of the series.
Tombow
A Pierrot's Aria posted the promo ad of FMA manga Vol. 11 1/2 with some preview panels from the volume book, and one of the panel is of Melvin, and here is re-posting of my post on that on that panel.

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jun 6 2011, 06:46 AM) *
<Possible "FMA Sacred Star of Milos" movie spoiler below> (highlight to read spoiler)
And, one panel (bottom right panel on the posted scanned promo/ad page) shows someone whom I think is Melvin, and my guess is that this panel is from the part he reads some news and then decides to break out the prison. The panel shows Melvin saying: (Big "Milos" movie spoiler--->>>>)"Julia... and then "I have to go [there]." So, he probably read about the news that Julia was captured and that prompts him to escape from the prison and heads for Milos.

===

On a different note, in the special MiloStar promo show that ran on Nico Noco vid (as posted on "MiloStar News" thread) it is revealed that Table City was "created" as a side effect of digging up the area around the city for 300 years, because Creta was searching something there... but the show didn't reveal what they were looking for.
I wonder what they were searching...
ETA: Got the answer...kind of:
Top article on this scan pic (July issue ..came out in June, 2011.. of Animedia magazine) says that "Sacred Star" is said to be buried around the Table City in Milos.

Also, the bottom article says the story's timeline is after Ed and Al discovers that 1. Philosopher's Stone is created using human lives and hence they gave up the idea of using Philosopher's Stone to get their bodies back, and 2. what they created by failed human transmutation was NOT of their mother, and realizes the fact that it is impossible to create human life by transmutation. (Which sounds about right.)
Michiyo-
<Program Note>

Now that the FMA MiloStar Movie is out in Japan, spoilers will likely to appear on the net.
We ask everyone to keep the spoiler discussions in the designated MiloStar Movie Spoiler Zone sub-forum, if you encounter spoilers, please post them ONLY in this sub-forum!
There are major plot twists in the movie, so if you donít wish to be spoiled, do NOT come there!

Please do NOT post and discuss spoilers outside the MiloStar Movie Spoiler Zone sub-forum!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.