Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA "MiloStar" Characters discussions (Any post that contains actual movie spoiler --> please post in SPOILER ZONE forum)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Sacred Star of Milos Movie
hilary
Characters:

Characters from FMA:
Edward Elric

Alphonse Eric

Winry Rockbell

Roy Mustang

Riza Hawkeye

Alex Louis Armstrong

FMA:MiloStar movie-only characters:
Julia Chrichton

Info from the official site, translated by Tombow here:
"To bring back the country, we need great power." (Note: There is no explanation for the quote, but assume this is Julia's words.)
A 16 years old girl who was born in the area used to be called "Milos," situated in West part of Amestris, between Amestris and Creta. She carries a sad past, of her parents being murdered when she was young. (um...like Bambi xp) Has a strong wish to re-establish her home country of Milos, and works as a core member of a resistance organization called "Black Bat." While in Table City for a secret mission for "Black Bat" she was caught by Amestris army, and held in the facility for illegal aliens, but she manages to escape, helped by the group members from "Black Bat" and Al.

Melvin Voyager

Info from the official site, translated by Tombow here:
"You, ... you have put your hands into God's territory, haven't you?" (Note: There is no explanation on this quote, but assuming this is Melvin's quote, and guessing that this is his words to Ed when he runs into Ed and saw his automail, and possibly Al's condition.)
A jail-bird serving the 5 year sentence for robbery at the Central prison in Amestris. (26 years old). His parole was coming up in two months, but something triggered him to attempt to escape from the prison. During the incident (his escape from the prison) he run into Ed and Al. Ed and Al found that he's also a very skilled alchemsit, and the Alchemy he used during the escape from the prison was something they haven't seen before. After shaking off Amestris army, he heads straight to Table City in Milos. Interested in his powerful alchemy, Ed and Al decide to head to Table City after him.

Miranda

Tony

Alan

Wolf Chimera

ETA: Apr. 13. Info added by Michiyo-

===============================

hi everyone!
It's me again!!XDDD

I've bought this month's magazine-animedia
and found these great news!!!!

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1021067529

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q365/hi...hemist/0187.jpg

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q365/hi...hemist/0179.jpg
A Pierrot's Aria
Awesome images! Thank you for bringing them to us, hilary! smile.gif

|
|
|
|/@mellulah Gahahahaha!! laugh.gif It's funny you should say that, because when I saw the first image I thought fleetingly "why is there another Ed, and why is his hair really long?" laugh.gif The red coat really didn't help! (On closer inspection, that really does look like his coat.)
mellulah
Is it just me or does that girl in the first image look like a genderbent Ed?
Michiyo-
Thanks for the scans, hilary! biggrin.gif
Finally we have some info about the new characters, now we need to know about the story too. ^^
Kasumisty
Thank you, finally some new info!

The girl's name is Julia Krayton (Kraiton).

The other character's name is Melvin (Merubin) Boijan.
Tombow
Thank you so much for getting the magazine and making scans, hilary! happy.gif

As posted by Hilary above, the scan pics of Animedia magazine pages:

The caption says: "The girl with mini-skirt is wearing Ed's coat? Are they switching the heroins?"
The main text part of scan is part blurred and hard to read, but I think it says that Melvin escapes from Central jail, and heads West, and Ed and Al chase him to the Milos City. In the pic Ed and Al are in Milos City, and the girl with Ed's coat is Julia.

Julia Crighton(?): 16 years old. Born in Milos. Parents were both Alchemists, but murdered. Member of an organization called "Black Bat" and working to restore the country (Milos?). Blue eyes, & Brown hair.

Melvin Voyageur(???): 26 years old. He was serving his sentence at the Central prison in Central City, for robbery, and about to be paroled, but then he read some news on newspaper and then escapes from the prison, and that's how this story begins.

Top Left (pic of Ed sleeping) Caption: At the Central Library, a shadow approaches Ed.
Second Left (pic of hand with Alchemy circle) Caption: A man who appears to be Melvin uses unknown Alchemy circle.
Bottom Right (under the pic of Julia) Caption: She was captured by Central Army while working as part of Black Bat organization, and that's how Ed meets Julia.

(The text part is really hard to read on this pic as well... )
Main text says Milos is between Amestris and Creta. And, it says that is Ed's coat that Julia is wearing, and normally Ed wouldn't lend it to anyone... (ETA: yes, A Pierrot's Aria, I sense "EdxJulia" rising also.. xd)

That's all I can read for now... I'll see if I can decipher more later. ^^
(Meantime, if anyone can post more translations, please do! ^^)
Kasumisty
Thanks!

My question is, why the hell is she wearing Ed's coat xd Is she trying to impersonate him?

Or maybe hide that ultra-tiny miniskirt of hers?

Edit: That story about a fugitive reminds me about Isaac Mcdougal and the first episode of Brotherhood a lot. And more when I realise that Melvin was using something that looked like ice, in the trailer.
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you very much for the translations, Tombow! Looking at yours and Kasumisty's post, it seems like her surname is either Crighton or Krayton. I was just wondering if it's possible that her surname could be translated as Clayton? (I'd think it would fit with the name Julia better, if that was to be her surname.)

And her hair looks very orange; might be just the lighting in the images or the scan quality. laugh.gif

And I can feel my EdxJulia shippers senses tingling already. laugh.gif Come on, we know they'll appear!

|
|
|/ @Tombow Aaaah, I see! biggrin.gif We say the "ay" in Clayton as in the "eigh" in "eight", too. smile.gif
Tombow
^ I thought of Clayton also, and it still is a possibility, too, but, the katakana spelling suggests "eye" sounds as in "high" and not as in "Eight" (...that's how I pronounce Clayton in US... but it might be different in UK. ^^) hence I settled for "Creighton" for now. But, please take Creighton as my temporary translation, and the same goes for Voyageur as well. ^^

And yeah, the caption says her hair is "Brown" but her hair in the pic screams "Orange" Xddd
Kasumisty
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Mar 9 2011, 06:54 PM) *
And I can feel my EdxJulia shippers senses tingling already. laugh.gif Come on, we know they'll appear!

Inevitable. I hope they'll not recycle the plot from the PS2 and will not kill that girl ;f
Puka-chan
thank you for the infos (: finally some news *_*
That Julia girl is totally me happy.gif
My name is Julia
I'm 16
I have blue eyes..ok, my hair color is dirty blonde but it's almost brown xD
If she has a crush on Roy then that IS me *_*
thumps up for RoyxJulia laugh.gif
Michiyo-
Thanks for the translations, Tombow! ^^

Now we know that those flying people from the trailer are part of this Black Bat organization.
I hope next time we'll get some info about the third new character, the wolf chimera too.
penguintruth
A girl named Julia who's part of an armed organization?!

Julia...
Chiyo
My inner EdxWin fangirl senses a disturbance in the force.

Is still resembles one of the games more than anything to me, but the storyline is starting to look interesting.
Winry Rockbell~
Yaay...another Mary-sue OC character...oh Bones, why can't you just have a movie/game ANYTHING with no extra characters?
Kasumisty
Official site added these two characters to the Character section:

http://www.hagaren-movie.net/#/character
A Pierrot's Aria
Thanks, Kasumisty! smile.gif The only problem with that website is that it loads pretty slowly on my laptop. ><

@Winry Rockbell~ I don't mind extra characters most of the time, but I can definitely say that I rarely like female extras. laugh.gif I hate to pre-judge, but I have a feeling I might not like Julia! Haha!
rosieechan
Female original? :/
Can feel bland-character-with-dark-past senses tingling already (doesn't help with the fact that her parents were murdered). She sounds like one of those usual Mary Sue OC's in FMA. -__-;
However, the story looks interesting, so I must not judge now.
Actually, I really like the story idea ~ I love learning about new places in FMA, and Creta sounds extremely interesting.

I certainly hope that the girl doesn't have any romantic atmosphere with Ed. Kind of ruins the plot, you know?
(I mean, part of the reason I like EdWin is that it's a side subplot and doesn't interfere with anything else...I have a feeling that this girl will stick around. Wearing Ed's coat like that.)

Sigh. Does BONES think an FMA movie always needs extra characters to make it interesting? Hello, we have enough awesome characters in FMA already, thank you very much ~
but of course, I'll try to stay optimistic about this...I'll TRY, anyway.
Tombow
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Mar 10 2011, 02:18 PM) *
Official site added these two characters to the Character section:

Thank you, Kasumisty! biggrin.gif

Took me the whole afternoon to try to load up JP site. xp Anyway, these are what the official JP site says on two new characters. smile.gif
Once again, the spelling of characters' names are based on my temporary translations, and not official.

Melvin Voyageur(???):
"You, ... you have put your hands into God's territory, haven't you?" (Note: There is no explanation on this quote, but assuming this is Melvin's quote, and guessing that this is his words to Ed when he runs into Ed and saw his automail, and possibly Al's condition.)
A jail-bird serving the 5 year sentence for robbery at the Central prison in Amestris. (26 years old). His parole was coming up in two months, but something triggered him to attempt to escape from the prison. During the incident (his escape from the prison) he run into Ed and Al. Ed and Al found that he's also a very skilled alchemsit, and the Alchemy he used during the escape from the prison was something they haven't seen before. After shaking off Amestris army, he heads straight to Table City in Milos. Interested in his powerful alchemy, Ed and Al decide to head to Table City after him.

Julia Crighton(?):
"To bring back the country, we need great power." (Note: Again, there is no explanation for the quote, but assume this is Julia's words.)
A 16 years old girl who was born in the area used to be called "Milos," situated in West part of Amestris, between Amestris and Creta. She carries a sad past, of her parents being murdered when she was young. (um...like Bambi xp) Has a strong wish to re-establish her home country of Milos, and works as a core member of a resistance organization called "Black Bat." While in Table City for a secret mission for "Black Bat" she was caught by Amestris army, and held in the facility for illegal aliens, but she manages to escape, helped by the group members from "Black Bat" and Al.
Michiyo-
Here are the FMA articles from the April issue of Animedia and Animage. Credit goes to LJ user chan_chanz for scanning them. smile.gif

Animedia (same article that hilary posted before)

Animage

I read on a Japanese blog that the FMA article in Newtype has a new image. I hope someone will scan that too. ^^
hilary
Thanks for sharing them!!!Michiyo-
smile.gif

(Same picture... D: It's lucky that I didn't bought them all)
Rainshine
Ooh, new pictures! This is so exciting. When is it coming out again? huh.gif
Also, I'm excited to learn more about this new character, and who she is. Man, what a time to not know Japanese. dry.gif Does anyone have an English translation of the article?

QUOTE (Chiyo @ Mar 10 2011, 03:00 AM) *
My inner EdxWin fangirl senses a disturbance in the force.

Oh, and this. A lot. I'm excited about this new character, but I still want my EdxWin. Hrmph. dry.gif
Animeoldtimer
Julia's looks remind me of Amy Pond from Doctor Who. hmmm. I wan't to know why her hair looks blond in one picture, then red in the other pictures, but is described as being brown?
AXavierB
I'm a little peeved that people are already calling Julia a Mary Sue. I feel like that label gets thrown around so much that it's starting to lose its original meaning. A new female lead isn't automatically a Mary Sue. She's a Mary Sue if she starts coming off like an escapist or self-insert character. So far she doesn't seem that much different from any other character in the series, but I guess the (unlikely) possibility that she might be presented as a love interest for Ed or Al has already got some people up in arms.

That said, while I still would have preferred something set after the ending of the manga/Brotherhood, this is starting to look at least a little interesting. But like others have said it does kind of resemble a typical side-story sort of thing. Still excited. The art, animation and theme are all great.
rosieechan
She just reminded me of one of those typical Mary Sue OC's in FMA. Not labeling her as one. tongue.gif How can someone label her as something if we don't even know much about her? That's totally unfair.

In fact (a little off topic, but..), I highly agree with this:
QUOTE (AXavierB @ Mar 28 2011, 09:00 PM) *
I feel like that label gets thrown around so much that it's starting to lose its original meaning.
I've argued this many, many times. ^^
AXavierB
Oh, wasn't talking about you there, no worries. tongue.gif But I've seen plenty of other people blatantly calling her a Mary Sue and token love interest for Ed on other sites. The latter is especially annoying because it doesn't look like she'll be a love interest at all to me. At least no more than Rose.
rosieechan
Ah, okay. To be honest, I thought she looked like a genderbend version of Ed. XD Actually, I was hoping for that /is a genderbend fan -shot-

QUOTE (AXavierB @ Mar 30 2011, 02:16 AM) *
But I've seen plenty of other people blatantly calling her a Mary Sue and token love interest for Ed on other sites. The latter is especially annoying because it doesn't look like she'll be a love interest at all to me. At least no more than Rose.

Gah. She's just another girl around his age. No worries about that, lol.

Anyway, I hope she'll be an interesting character to match up with the awesome females we'll have already. X3 The summary of her might just sound a little cliche...e_e but we'll see.
AXavierB
Yeah, I think the dead parents backstory is just a tad overdone. And it makes her seem kind of like Winry.
TheWolfenAlchemist
SOOOOO excited!!!

I love the new characters!! (at least of what I can understand about them, cuz I can't read or unerstand Japanese!)
hilary
Two new pics from animedia and animage magazines, with more articles on the mvoie!

2-page spread of pic of Julia on May 5 issue (coming out in April) of Animedia (I posted on baidu)

2-page spread of pic of Ed on May 5 issue (coming out in April) of Animage (I posted on baidu)

Some new info:
-Julia has a brother , but he's missing right now (Maybe is Melvin?)
-New main character from black bats(the flying guy)---Miranda
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you for the scans, hilary! So Julia has a brother, eh? And awesome, a new character! biggrin.gif

It's a shame the scans are so small. oO
Tombow
Thank you, hilary! biggrin.gif

Yes, the first thought it came to my mind when I saw Julia and Melvin being introduced was that they might be brother and sister... (it's not the first time in FMA game world xp) biggrin.gif

ETA: on second thought, Melving could be a brother of Miranda (both names start with "M." ^^) Although, Julia's parents were both Alchemists...
Rainshine
Am I the only one who can't see the pictures, even when I click on the links? sad.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Hmmm, it appears they've been "region locked", as it were! I've managed to use my mad computer skillz in order to access them and upload them elsewhere instead of Baidu:

<Thank you, A Pierrot's Aria! Edited the first post ^^ ~ Tombow>
Kasumisty
Duh, just discovered there's been made a separate forum.

Anyway, the official site added some new characters:

That Miranda girl seems to be the Bat-lady from the trailer. I'm guessing she is Julia's commanding officer or something like that.

They've also added characters called "Tony", "Alan" and "Wolf Chimera".
A Pierrot's Aria
Awesome! Thank you for letting us know, Kasumisty!

(There's also a new, separate forum for Arakawa's Other Works, too. happy.gif)

|
|
|/ ETA: @Michiyo- Phew, thank you! Every time I go onto that site it takes a while to load so I usually don't look at it. dry.gif
Michiyo-
Thank you, Kasumisty!

I've made screenshots of the characters for those who don't want to wait until the the official site loads.

Miranda:

Tony:

Alan:

Wolf Chimera:
Chiyo
Perhaps my memory is fuzzy, but Tony looks like no other character I remember in FMA, in terms of artistic style I mean. He almost looks too comical to fit in.
rosieechan
QUOTE (Chiyo @ Apr 10 2011, 08:48 AM) *
Perhaps my memory is fuzzy, but Tony looks like no other character I remember in FMA, in terms of artistic style I mean. He almost looks too comical to fit in.

I dunno, he kind of reminds me of Yoki...
A Pierrot's Aria
^I don't see any likeness to Yoki, personally. ohmy.gif His face is far too thin and long (as well as his nose). I tend to find Arakawa's style of drawing humans to be a little fuller (which is what I really like about her art style!) So I agree that Tony looks a little out of place compared to Arakawa's style.
Rainshine
^I noticed that about Tony as well. I think it's his snubby nose and beady little eyes that makes him look so comical and out of place. >>
Thanks everyone for the screencaps! biggrin.gif I really appreciate it.

I'm not really sure what to think about the red haired girl, Julia. She's obviously one of the main characters, but I don't know anything else about her because I can't read Japanese. <<

Does anyone here read Japanese, and if so, could the maybe translate what it says on Julia's, and perhaps some of the other new characters pages? I found this page about her, but it doesn't say much about her, other than her appearances in the teaser trailers.
Tombow
Thank you, Kasumisty and Michiyo-! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rainshine @ Apr 11 2011, 12:16 AM) *
Does anyone here read Japanese, and if so, could the maybe translate what it says on Julia's, and perhaps some of the other new characters pages?

Translations for Julia and Melvin are posted. biggrin.gif

I will check out the newer characters (Miranda, Tony, etc.) when I get the chance later. smile.gif
rosieechan
Haha, I didn't mean his actual face. xD Not like that, anyway. The fact that he looks comical immediately reminds me of Yoki, who's got that comical look.

I agree, though, I think his character design/animation needs improvement.
Rainshine
Thanks for the translations Tombow! I'm sorry, I must have missed that.
I can't wait to read about the new characters! ^^ Right now I wish I new Japanese, so I wouldn't have to pester anybody to translate this stuff. xD
Number 48
Tony's design, in general, looks pretty good, but yeah... by his physical features, he looks like he fell out of Lupin the Third!
Michiyo-
Hereís a larger scan of the FMA article from the May issue of Animage, scanned by LJ user chan_chanz:

Also, hereís a new pic from the April issue of Newtype I found a while ago on Baidu:

And, more new character pics, also found on Baidu:

A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you for the larger scans, Michiyo-! Roy looks pretty awesome in that last image!
Misty- Nala
Tony does look a bit weird but I'd like to think that it is only a bad picture. His figure looks okay but the close-up of his face doesn't resemble anything seen in FMA, anime or manga.

But, I must say I'm getting used to the art style. It's not in my top three but the colors are pretty and they are only promo shoots so the movie might be quite different. And who knows, maybe it will look better in animation.
Michiyo-
<Program Note>

Now that the FMA MiloStar Movie is out in Japan, spoilers will likely to appear on the net.
We ask everyone to keep the spoiler discussions in the designated MiloStar Movie Spoiler Zone sub-forum, if you encounter spoilers, please post them ONLY in this sub-forum!
There are major plot twists in the movie, so if you donít wish to be spoiled, do NOT come there!

Please do NOT post and discuss spoilers outside the MiloStar Movie Spoiler Zone sub-forum!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.