Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Raiden-18
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Discussions on Arakawa's Other Works > Arakawa's Other Works
AA battery
Raiden-18 2006, 2011

Plot Summary: This comedy story revolves around Dr. Tachibana, a mad scientist who assembles a synthetic human named Raiden 18-gō from corpses and brings it to life.

Genre(s): Action, Comedy, One Shot, Shounen
(Source - ANN)

Chapter 1 Download (MU) | Online
Chapter 2 Download (MU) | Online
Chapter 3 Download (MU) | Online

----------------

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6KKIYX98

That's Raiden-18 chapter 1 by Yeb. Worship me for uploading! >:F
Sensenic
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ May 4 2006, 07:58 AM) [snapback]390233[/snapback]

Worship me for uploading! >:F

m(__)m

Stupidness EDIT: Hey! It's chapter 1! sad.gif I thought it was ch.2!!
\(`AŽ )/
I shall not worship thee any longer, you... you... *bursts into tears*

Darn it! anime-source ppl, what are ye doing?! Restore that manga section NOW!!! *boohoo!*
AA battery
QUOTE(Sensenic @ May 8 2006, 03:05 AM) [snapback]392301[/snapback]

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ May 4 2006, 07:58 AM) [snapback]390233[/snapback]

Worship me for uploading! >:F

m(__)m

Stupidness EDIT: Hey! It's chapter 1! sad.gif I thought it was ch.2!!
\(`AŽ )/
I shall not worship thee any longer, you... you... *bursts into tears*

Darn it! anime-source ppl, what are ye doing?! Restore that manga section NOW!!! *boohoo!*

That's your fault for not reading! >=F I did said that it's chapter 1 (and I thought someone asked for chapter 1...)

and no, I don't have chapter 2 of raiden by Yeb.
Sensenic
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ May 9 2006, 12:39 AM) [snapback]392502[/snapback]

That's your fault for not reading! >=F I did said that it's chapter 1 (and I thought someone asked for chapter 1...)

and no, I don't have chapter 2 of raiden by Yeb.

I know, I know! \(xox )/

It's just that I got back from a little vacation was doing a quick check on new posts, and mistook that old one for new.

Silly me. sad.gif
Shirokage
Are there any other places that hosts Yebosh's scans? If there isn't, maybe we would have to do Raiden 18 chapter 2 by ourselves after all?
Neo2x
Well, for the ones that missed it on anime-source here is a link for chapter 2:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7NXWWIRB
Tombow
Thank you so much for the news and the pic, Isa-Sama! happy.gif

Oh wow, Raiden-18? That was long time ago! I think Arakawa first wrote Raiden-18 for the 5th anniversary of Sunday GX magazine, and I see this new chapter is for their 10th anniversary, according to that scan of the magazine page on the link posted by Isa-Sama above.

The scanned page also says it will be an one-chapter-shot, meaning, no continuation. The ark would concludes in one chapter, and that's it. * (*ETA: Turned out, we may have chapter 4 sometime in near future also... please read the latest news here ^^) And, it will be on the Jan. 2011 issue of the magazine that 's coming out on Sat. Dec. 18, 2010. smile.gif

Looking forward to reading it!! biggrin.gif

Also, thank you for the cover pic of Vol. 5 of Juushin Enbu!
I agree.. it's VERY Yellow! laugh.gif
mellulah
Raiden 18!? Holy Hell, out of all her works I've been wishing for another chapter of, Raiden 18 was my number one choice. Seems a God does exist and that God is bipedal bovine.
israel8491
If anyone can find raws of the new Raiden-18 chapter, please post!
Raiden-18 was my favorite of her one-shots, I'm so happy she did a third chapter.
Michiyo-
^ I searched for it but only found the Sunday GX magazine cover and a preview page here:

I hope someone will scan and translate the newest Raiden-18 chapter, I can't wait to read it! biggrin.gif
Tombow
^ Thank you, Michiyo-!! ^^

Here is my very quick translation of the preview pic. biggrin.gif

(Raiden-18 chapter 3 preview pic from Michiyo-'s post above)

Raiden-18(the big guy): "How come we are in the cargo section?!!"
Tachibana(female Dr.): "Since you guys are electric powered I put you as household appliances---." "I only have to pay for my ticket that way."

Also...

Right now (through Feb. 14, 2011) you can also read the original first chapter of Raiden-18 (Japanese) that was published 5 years ago, officially on-line on ClubShougakukan (that's the official manga reading site for Shougakukan, the publishing company that publishes Sunday GX, the magazine that had the original chapter of Raiden-18 and now has the new chapter of Raiden-18 in this month's issue).

Read The first chapter of Raiden-18 here (raw)
(If the above link does not work, then go to ClubShougakukan, then stay in the center column of the page, and at the bottom left part of center column, find a smaller pic of Raiden-18 with Gray button attached at the bottom with some Japanese writing in White. Click on that Gray button with some Japanese writing in White, and you can get to the reading page. Once get to the first page, the "NEXT" arrow <- button to read the next page is at the top... remember that Japanese mags read from Right end to Left, so the "Go to Next" button is Left facing arrow, <-. smile.gif )
loicos1985
Raw Chapter #03 :
http://rapidshare.com/files/438629838/Raiden1803.zip

And more news about Raiden-18 :
More news on Raiden-18 on Manga-News (It's in French)

ETA: Quick translations of the above posted news:
QUOTE (from Manga-News, translated)
It's Sunday Gx magazine Jan. 2011 issue (came out in Dec. 2010) with the third chapter of Raiden-18 by Hiromu Arakawa.
In this issue, we learn two new info regarding the continuation of Raiden-18 series:

-The wait for the Raiden-18's 4th chapter (i.e. the next chapter) may not be as long as the waiting period we had for 3rd chapter
-This series will be later published as a volume, and there are still 90 pages to complete the volume. (So, the series will probably end in chapter 4 or 5.)

This story unfolds in a world in which scientists create "Frankenstein monster" creatures made from pieces of corpses. Dr. Tachibana is one of those scientists, and RAIDEN-18 is her latest creation. Together they will participate in the Championship of Creatures ...

Finaly Arakawa draw just the cover for Gangan Ixa #03. No One Shot.
RoyxRizaFan
I've been trying to read Hero Tales, but my lack of time has killed that...and I've never heard of Raiden-18 before. It seems like there haven't been any scanlations - is that true?? I'd love to read it if anyone knows of an English copy floating around on the web. Otherwise...I guess I'm out of luck.
israel8491
QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Dec 22 2010, 07:46 AM) *
I've been trying to read Hero Tales, but my lack of time has killed that...and I've never heard of Raiden-18 before. It seems like there haven't been any scanlations - is that true?? I'd love to read it if anyone knows of an English copy floating around on the web. Otherwise...I guess I'm out of luck.

http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/modules...Manga&id=22
This site has the first two chapters scanlated. Found via Baka-Updates.
satanete
I'm not sure if I can put links here, but Kuroshio no Fansub have released the third chapter of Raiden-18.
Link
A Pierrot's Aria
Thanks a lot for sharing, satanete, there will be Raiden-18 fans who will definitely appreciate it! (Of course, I won't read it yet because I haven't read the first two chapters! laugh.gif)

And also, a huge welcome to the board! I'm glad you could join us! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Michiyo-
Thank you, satanete! (And welcome to the board! ^^)
I enjoyed this chapter, it was funny, like the previous two. I'm looking forward to the new chapter! biggrin.gif
AA battery
Raiden-18 is free for reading from April 5th to June 6th.

The new chapter 3 is pretty interesting =D

Read them raw on Shounen Sunday's website below:

http://club.shogakukan.co.jp/magazine/SH_C...uuh_001/detail/

The エピソード1 エピソード2 エピソード3 indicates chapter (translates to: episode 1, episode 2, episode 3)

Click the gray box with white text 読む (to read), and a pop up window will appear, and you'll be able to read the raws there.
CutEowyn
O_o ..... \o/
Raiden18 is a story I'm particularly keen on... It's always nice.
In second chapter Arakawa had turned the story in some way, she had created a huge mystery around Tachibana... It leaded to a big development, then third chapter is just as a follow to first chapter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.