Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Juushin Enbu (獣神演武, Hero Tales)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Discussions on Arakawa's Other Works > Arakawa's Other Works
Pages: 1, 2
Tombow
Juushin Enbu (Hero Tales) 2006 - 2010

Click to view attachment

Plot Summary: Taitou, a young man living in ancient China, is the prophesied seventh star of the Hokuto (Big Dipper ). He must travel with his sister Laila and his friend Ryuukou to retrieve a sword and discover his destiny.

Genre(s): Genres: action, adventure, comedy, fantasy
(Source - ANN)

I'm wondering... Arakara-sensei's the other story, Juu shin Enbu will start (this one is a series) October 21st, with the GanGan Powered magazine...
Any news on this one anywhere?? unsure.gif
Nepharski
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 12 2006, 08:59 PM) [snapback]459094[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 12 2006, 11:22 PM) [snapback]459083[/snapback]
I've been thinking...what are the chances of an Arakawa side-story compilation? You know, a tankobon with STRAY DOG, all three (four) chapters of Shanghai, Bat in a Blue Sky, etc. Otherwise I doubt we'll see any of them state-side.
Yeah, that will be nice!!! I'll buy it!! biggrin.gif

I'm wondering... Arakara-sensei's the other story, Juu shin Enbu will start (this one is a series) October 21st, with the GanGan Powered magazine...
Any news on this one anywhere?? unsure.gif

Not that I know of. I'll use LJ to keep you guys in the link, seeing as they tend to know this stuff even before we do.
Kirara

Also here is info on Arakawa's new series from the Arakawa LJ community. It's not locked so anyone can view it.

http://community.livejournal.com/bos_taurus/11254.html
Tombow
Thanks Kirara for the link!!
The new series is looking good so far, and I'm looking forward to reading it!! biggrin.gif
Nepharski
QUOTE(Tombow @ Oct 13 2006, 01:34 PM) [snapback]459295[/snapback]

The new series is looking good so far, and I'm looking forward to reading it!! biggrin.gif

I'm not feeling to good on this one. The main character looks too plain, to generic. Looks like the kid from Shanghai grown up.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 14 2006, 12:22 AM) [snapback]459336[/snapback]

I'm not feeling to good on this one. The main character looks too plain, to generic. Looks like the kid from Shanghai grown up.

Second that.

Not only the main character, this series is giving out a feeling of "too standard a shounen" to me that I don't like. But certainly it's way too early to judge happy.gifU I just commented this because this was the reason "souten..." looked better at first to me and why I was a little bit disappointed when I knew it'd be (and most certainly was) only a one-shot.

But, whatever, shall we just apply the ol' wise saying: "wait and see" happy.gif
Sensenic
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Oct 14 2006, 01:33 AM) [snapback]459376[/snapback]

QUOTE(Nepharski @ Oct 14 2006, 12:22 AM) [snapback]459336[/snapback]

Second that.

Not only the main character, this series is giving out a feeling of "too standard a shounen" to me that I don't like. But certainly it's way too early to judge happy.gifU I just commented this because this was the reason "souten..." looked better at first to me and why I was a little bit disappointed when I knew it'd be (and most certainly was) only a one-shot.

But, whatever, shall we just apply the ol' wise saying: "wait and see" happy.gif

Well, I waited, and I saw.
A completely standard shounen to me, most certainly. So far, that is. Plain and generic, yes.

Anyway, here's the RAW for Juushin Enbu (Hero Tales):

Sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/pudflp
Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JGPZ3TC5

Thanks be given to kasumicc, from the bos_taurus Livejournal Community. happy.gif
Nepharski
*Flips through.*

Generic hero, generic unstoppable-god-mode-turn-on, generic mystic sword. Granted, for what it is, it's not bad, per se, but we've seen this so many times, I would have trusted Arakawa to come up with something more original, or at least uniquely stylized. Main character aside, though, character design isn't that standerdized...sort of.

Bat in a Blue sky was so perfect. Should've left that as the series and this as the one shot. Ah, well, best laid plans.
Tombow
^^ Thanks, Sensenic for the link!!
*goes to labor on DLing with my slow connection" biggrin.gif
paca
Sensenic! Thank for the link!!! Thanks~~~!!!!
*starts downloading*
AA battery
*still downloading*

Note that this series, Hero Tales, is not original by Arakawa Hiromu. It says on the picture that it is originally done by some Chinese guy named 黃金周 (Huang Jin Zhou).

*continues to wait for download to complete*
AA battery
*reads* Hmm the story itself is rather stereotype, I agree... and since it's not Arakawa's original work, personally I am not expecting too much out of it, but I will still keep on reading happy.gif

I believe that even if Arakawa has some really original idea that she may want to insert into the story... (or even wants to change the ending), she may not be able to... since after all, it's not her own story to begin with... but then of cuz I have no idea~ Who knows~ I have never seen the original story before~ XD;;

As for this story itself, I will have to read more to decide whether or not it's worth buying....

(It seems the girl and the guy are siblings... she called him "Aniki"... and that guy reminds me of Ed, lol.)
Nepharski
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Oct 24 2006, 04:53 PM) [snapback]464774[/snapback]

*reads* Hmm the story itself is rather stereotype, I agree... and since it's not Arakawa's original work, personally I am not expecting too much out of it, but I will still keep on reading happy.gif

I believe that even if Arakawa has some really original idea that she may want to insert into the story... (or even wants to change the ending), she may not be able to... since after all, it's not her own story to begin with... but then of cuz I have no idea~ Who knows~ I have never seen the original story before~ XD;;

As for this story itself, I will have to read more to decide whether or not it's worth buying....

(It seems the girl and the guy are siblings... she called him "Aniki"... and that guy reminds me of Ed, lol.)

Ah, well, that's a relief.
CSakuraS
I'm gonna go ahead and point out that I did a translation of the first Juushin Enbu chapter.

http://community.livejournal.com/bos_taurus/12793.html
Tombow
QUOTE(CSakuraS @ Nov 5 2006, 07:04 PM) [snapback]470392[/snapback]
I'm gonna go ahead and point out that I did a translation of the first Juushin Enbu chapter.

http://community.livejournal.com/bos_taurus/12793.html
@CSakuraS - You're a goddess!! Thank you!!! *hugs!!*
Tombow
I guess I'm in the minority here that I actually enjoyed reading Juushin Enbu!!
I don't mind reading the continuing chapters...
Does anyone know where we can get the Raw or scanlations for new chapters??
Sannom
So you enjoyed reading it... I have a question : do you understand Japanese? If not, can you tell me where you find a scanlation? And personnaly I wonder when will the second chapter be here...
Tombow
@Sannom - Yeah, I do. biggrin.gif
And, I read CSakuraS's translation also. biggrin.gif
I'd like to read the following chapter, too!!
CSakuraS
*working on a scanlation of the chapter* >.>;

Chapter 2 should be out on December 22~
Tombow
QUOTE(CSakuraS @ Dec 10 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]482997[/snapback]
*working on a scanlation of the chapter* >.>;

Chapter 2 should be out on December 22~
@CSakuraS -You are totally awesome!! Thank you!!! *hugs!!* happy.gif
Sannom
I have a question : I have seen somewhere that the raw for the 4th chapter of Jushin Enbu was out, but I can't find it! Does anyone know where I can find it???
TheSnig
Does anyone know if I can find a scanlation of Juushin Enbu chapter 3?
CSakuraS
Does anyone know if I can find a scanlation of Juushin Enbu chapter 3?

I'm working on it!

And here's the RAW for Chapter 4:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6646l3

Tombow
QUOTE(CSakuraS @ Apr 24 2007, 07:05 PM) [snapback]535156[/snapback]
I'm working on it!

And here's the RAW for Chapter 4:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6646l3

@CSakuraS - Have I told you lately that I luv you!!! biggrin.gif
Thank you!!! happy.gif
CSakuraS
I finished the scanlation for Chapter 3 of Juushin Enbu!

Download!
Tombow
^^ @CSakuraS - Thank you so much!!! We love you!!! happy.gif
AA battery
Awesome! Thank you for ch 3 scans~ <3
Sannom
Does someone know when the Chapter 6 of Juushin Enbu will be released? If I have a good memory, it will be this month, but I don't know which day...
Edamame
According to Mobuta.com chapter six of Juushin Enbu is coming out August 22 in Japan in Gan-Gan Powered 8.
Sannom
I found the Raw for chapter 6 of Jushin enbu :

http://ddl.scantrad.fr/Raw/Ju.zip

I don't understand japanese, but the page 31 and 32 are... beautiful! The bad guy is really a bad guy biggrin.gif Ans scary with this!
Sensenic
QUOTE(Sannom @ Aug 24 2007, 05:25 PM) *
I found the Raw for chapter 6 of Jushin enbu :

http://ddl.scantrad.fr/Raw/Ju.zip

I don't understand japanese, but the page 31 and 32 are... beautiful! The bad guy is really a bad guy biggrin.gif Ans scary with this!

In there 'tis announced the anime premiere date: October the 8th it is. Check it, kids!
Tombow
^^ Yap!!

Starting Oct. 10 in Japan, every Sunday late late night (2 AM) on TVTokyo, and other time slots on other TV stations throughout Japan. (I guess ^^)
Edamame
Oooh, sweetness. Thankyou for the information Sensenic and Tombow! I wonder who is currently set to direct the anime. I suppose that the anime can't be too long considering that there are only six (rather long) chapters of the manga out in Japan. I hope to find more information on the anime to see whether it looks promising or not.
Gukumatz
Does anyone have the raw for chapter 5 of Juushin Enbu?

Also - the chapter 4 raw link has expired. If anyone has it, could you please reupload? The links for Souten no Koumori raw are all dead, too.

In exchange, here's Stray Dog in zip format:

http://rapidshare.com/files/52102006/Stray_Dog_ch1.zip.html

And here's chapter 2 raw of Demons of Shanghai. I was browsing through old posts and I saw people say they only had the Chinese scanlation.

This is Japanese:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hajitg

Does anyone want the raws of chapter 3? I have those, too, somewhere. I have to find them...
Sannom
Found the raw for Juushin Enbu's ninth chapter. Damn, I wish Arakawa would stop Enbu and finish FMA before taking it again, because that chapter is good in my opinion, only action :

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=OH2NVKZG
jayjay210
Hi Sannom ^^ Thanks for the link happy.gif
I agree totally with you, and when we see the FMA chapters, there are unfortunately more short actually than two years ago... sad.gif

About Arakawa's others works, I have some questions :
- when the Juushin Enbu chapter 8 and chapter 9 were published ?
- Is anyone know Arakawa's works titled "Totsugeki Tonari no Enikkusu", "Washi no Natsu Yasumi" and "Hyakushou Kizoku" ? If you have RAW of these works, please post them here. I don't find any informations on these mangas, except their existence ( well I think they're not fake ^^ ).

Thanks you very much!!
Sannom
Copain! Qu'est-ce-que tu viens faire ici? T'enfoncer encore plus dans la "fan attitude" laugh.gif ?

Lol, I don't understand anything about those titles biggrin.gif

For the release date of chapter 8 and 9 of JŻshin Enbu, you should check this site : www.mobuta.com

It's too bad that Mobuta said he (she?) would perharps be able to post the Raw of the first DÓjinshi of Arakawa, and apparently didn't succeed to get it ohmy.gif
jayjay210
C'est le coin de rencontre des franÁais fous de FMA ^^ C-A est aussi sur le forum... Je dois dire que c'est un super forum pour trouver des informations et des bonus inťdits ( et les RAW ).

It's too bad that Mobuta said he (she?) would perharps be able to post the Raw of the first DÓjinshi of Arakawa, and apparently didn't succeed to get it

I hope he/she can get this RAW!!

Thanks for the website, I have already found it last year, when I searched informations about Arakawa to write an article, but I lost it after ^^
The timeline give me a reason : the works quoted existe really!! But I think they can't exist on RAW. I'm going search them, and if I find something, I will post here my findings ^^

( sorry for my english writing sleep.gif )

Hoshi Shouri
QUOTE(Sannom @ Mar 26 2008, 11:29 AM) *
It's too bad that Mobuta said he (she?) would perharps be able to post the Raw of the first DÓjinshi of Arakawa, and apparently didn't succeed to get it ohmy.gif

Hi, I'm the owner of mobuta.com (I'm a she, btw ^_~) and I was actually able to obtain a hard copy of the first Shishi Juushin Enbu doujinshi. I'm currently working on transcribing and translating it, but I won't be posting any raw scans of anything I own. That includes Washi no Natsu Yasumi, Hyakushou Kizoku, and the few Totsugeki Tonari no Enix I own. Not trying to be mean, but it took me awhile to find copies of some of these things, and can occasionally cost quite a bit of money, so I don't feel comfortable just giving it away for free. I hope you understand.

Please check back at mobuta.com for translations and possibly scanslations, depending on the length of the title. I'm embarrassed I haven't been able to update the site since March, but I've been dealing with a lot of real life stuff since then, and am moving back to America from Japan in a few weeks as well and have been preparing for that. Please continue to visit mobuta though! Thanks!
Hoshi Shouri
Not trying to sound rude here, but isn't a translation kind of frustrating when we don't have the images to go with it?

There will be a few images along with the translation, but honestly what's stopping you from finding copies of these works yourself if you want to see the whole thing? It took me nearly two years, and about $60 to find and obtain a copy of the first Shishi Juushin Enbu doujinshi. Is it really fair to ask me to scan, upload, translate, and give it away for free?
jayjay210
Hi everybody!!

This proposition is as serious as important for all fans of Arakawa's works !!
I manage a french team of scantrad ( Shamballa Alchemist Team ) and we have the project to scantrad Juushin Enbu. Unfortunately, anyone understand japanese in m y team.

So I propose you that all members in this forum who can translate japanese into english collaborate with the Shamballa Alchemist Team!! Thanks to you, we could translate all chapter of juushin Enbu into french for my website, and into english for all fans in this forum!!

I think this proposition is very interesting for all fans!! So, if you speak a good japanese, don't hesitate and work with us!!
If you are interested, reply to this post!!

Enjoy!! happy.gif
Sannom
Hum Jayjay, there is perharps a more serious issue than mere translations issues : finding the raws. It has already been two chapters we missed because they never appeared on the net...
Tombow
About Juushin Enbu..

I thought ZOMGFTA is already doing it.. unsure.gif
And, yeah, we are having trouble getting raw for the recent chapters of Juushin Enbu....
If you could share raws, that would be much appreciated. ^^
jayjay210
QUOTE("Tombow")
I thought ZOMGFTA is already doing it..

But ZOMGFTA didin't post any scan of Fullmetal Alchemist ( and others series ) for many months!! ( or one year... )

QUOTE("Sannom")
there is perharps a more serious issue than mere translations issues : finding the raws. It has already been two chapters we missed because they never appeared on the net...

You're right, find the RAWs is the most difficult thing. To my side, I only own RAWs of first and second volume ( so seven first chapters ). I think it's already a good start to scantrad Juushin Enbu, no ? And after we have to wait the third volume RAW to complete our lacks.

If anyone in this forum have the RAW of chapter 8 (and after) please post it!!

And so, if someone is interested by my proposition...
bluwim
Hi! I can only pass you the raw chapters 8 and 9... The others haven't been scaned...

8: http://rapidshare.com/files/128590323/08_-_RAW.rar.html

9: http://www.mediafire.com/?l4tbnhma2fx

I'm very interested in that project... I love Juushin enbu, but i don't know japanese...
jayjay210
Thank you very much for the RAW chapters, bluewin wink.gif

So we have 9 chapters of Juushin Enbu, I think we can begin the translation of the serie, if some japanese speakers want to help us of course ^^
Tombow
QUOTE(jayjay210 @ Jul 10 2008, 04:45 AM) *
QUOTE("Tombow")
I thought ZOMGFTA is already doing it..
But ZOMGFTA didin't post any scan of Fullmetal Alchemist ( and others series ) for many months!! ( or one year... )

Yeah, I think they said they stopped doing FMA but they would do Juushin Enbu.
I think there are at least some chapters of Juushin Enbu in English at ZOMGFTA.
If you can get their permission, maybe you can use their English scanlation of these chapters and make French scnalation from them? The reason I'm saying this is that if you're doing translation of Awakawa's work, I hope to see good translation. I'd seen some really bad translation of some of the FMA chapters that were turned into scnlations and still circulating on the Web. This makes me sad, as they contain some wrong information, not what Awrakawa actually wrote, let alone they completely destroyed Arakawa's awesome writing.
And, me, personally I endorse ZOMGFTA's translation they have done on FMA. They cared about the accuracy of their translation, and IMO the flavor of their translated FMA chapters are close to what Arakawa wrote.

If you read French novels, you see that each writer has own style of writing, and established and famous authors, they have distinct flavor to their novels, right? Ok, Arakawa's writing in FMA is very high level, and just like those literature peices from these novelist, Arakawa's FMA has distinct style and flavor, and so far from what I'd seen, only a handful of translators can emulate that flavor in the English translation, and ZOMGFTA is (was) one of them. Hence, I trust their translation, and I'm assuming their translation of Juushin Enbu is just as good.

So, if they give permission, maybe you can use their English traslation (for the chapters they'd already done) and turn them into French scanlation?

Just a thought. smile.gif
jayjay210
I'm happy to see we are same feelings about Arakawa work's ^^

To Fullmetal Alchemist, the main problem of my team ( and almost all french teams of scantrad ) is that we use english translation to create a french translation, because we don't have japanese speakers. And you understand that the translation of a translation can't be a good translation. It's a "shame" to use this method, but, unfortunately, we can't do differently...

About ZOMGFTA, I agree wtih you, CSakuraS is a very good translator, that's why our translators worked on their translations, before ZOMGFTA stop their work on FMA.

About Juushin Enbu, the problem is that ZOMGFTA only scantraded the three first chapters one more year ago, and anything for. We are very interesting to work on this other Arakawa's serie, because we adore these mangas, her incredibale ability to create interesting stories and build perfect screenplays that only the TV Show Lost can equal!! Besides, we already translate, what's more Fullmetal Alchemist, ShanghaÔ Yomakikai, Stray Dogs, Soten No Komori, and recently RAIDEN-18. Now we want to work on Juushin Enbu in order to permit to french fans of Arakawa's works to discover this manga. But, after the three first chapters, I don't know if ZOMGFTA will go on, and how time we have to wait until the translation of the chapter 4 ( and the others ) ?

In any case, my first intentions are to demand to ZOMGFTA permission to use their translations for the chapters they'd already done wink.gif

But, for the others chapters, we will need a japanese speaker to translate these chapters, and because I can't recruit a french japanese speaker, I decided to come in this forum, cause I know there are a lot of Arakawa fans here and japanase speakers too...

bluwim
In this page

http://www.raw-paradise.com/Ritual/Miseajour.htm

you can download the raw chapters 10 & 11 of Juushin enbu ^^
jayjay210
Thanks a lot !! wink.gif
I send to you a PM for our project

I want to know if you or everyone else have RAWs of chapters 4, 5, 6 and 7 of Juushin Enbu. Because I have RAW of the second tome, but not RAWs. And you know differences : in the volume, there is not colourized pages and caption !! So if you have these RAWs, please share them !! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.