Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rap,hip-hop And R&b
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Chibi-Usa
I just made this topic to see how many of you like this music genre and also because I just got Chingy's new album Powerballin' a few days ago.

I'm guessing no one else likes this kind of music?
Aqua_Alchemist
I listen to some mellowed out stuff like jurassic 5, dr dre and cypress hill (also their association tongue.gif).

got some mc skibadee as well, his new stuff is pretty good.

Borrowed and imported outkast and black eyed peas albums, nothing special really.

To be honest although i listen to it a fair amount, it isn't my favorite music genre, thought I'm spread all over the place anyway.
Chibi-Usa
Well that's okay.Different strokes for different folks,right?
Skillz
I love Hip-Hop of all kinds. Some of my favorite artists are T.I., Eminem, Talib Kweli, Kanye West, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, Young Buck, Busta Rhymes, Dr. Dre, Jay-Z, Trick Daddy, Lil'Scrappy, Lil'Wayne, Nas, Ludacris, R.Kelly, J-Kwon, and Nelly(some tracks). Plus alotta old skool stuff.
Carnal Malefactor
Can't say I'm a fan. Sorry. dry.gif
xrninja
eminem, 50 cent, nelly, usher, kanye west smile.gif
Eeky
I actually HATE all kind of rap, hip-hop & r&b music.
I dunno why, but I can't STAND any kind of rap, hip-hop or r&b music.

-Kris
-Zhou Yu-
Probably eminem has good rap music. everything else is ok
lime_chan_the_wannabe_alchemist
X-P I'm not much of a fan of hip hop*ok well I do like some*,now R&B yea ^^*the type of hip hop songs that tick my nerves are the songs that deal with drugs but sometimes I listen to some hip hop songs because of the beat* thats just my opinion
Elderberry
Generally, I tend to absolutely HATE American rap...but for some reason, I usually like rap stuff in anime music! happy.gif

Probably because the voices are more fun and the lyrics usually don't have a bunch of slangish curse words...By the way, has anyone heard "Koibumi" by Megumi Hayashibara? It's this really fast-paced song that has rapping in the verses, and singing in the chorus- you get like half a page of lyrics into the first minute... laugh.gif ..And it has a bunch of random Japanese and English lyrics crammed together... laugh.gif
Lady Battousai
What bacon and lime said.

I really cannot stand hip hop. When I was studying in school and suddenly heard some hip hop song playing <(my friend told me)... it drove me crazy and really piss off until I ran as far as I can, clutching my ears tightly. I believe while I was running along the way, I earned a few 'weird' stares.
-=] AkunoToraNo Ouji [=-
I listen to ALL kinds of music, but this is probably one of my favs, got tons of artists I like from this genre. smile.gif
RoyxRiza BigFan
ha ha megumi haya can really rap jap music..but hey there are a few good rappers like usher and the loba loba man >W<
QUOTE(RoyxRiza BigFan @ Dec 7 2004, 10:20 AM)
ha ha megumi haya can really rap jap music..but hey there are a few good rappers like usher and the loba loba man >W<

ok now Usher*drools*,I love his music!
Chibi-Usa
GIRL YOU TOO!?
Kakashi
I can't bare any Rap, Hip-Hop or R&B. No Comment.
QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ Dec 7 2004, 12:39 PM)
GIRL YOU TOO!?

yep laugh.gif ,he sings good and he's HOT!!!
hitokiri
i'm a firm believer in old school east coast rap... Wu Tang.....in fact i like most artists from the staten island or newark area... they have a slow dirty hardcore thumpin sub blowin beat to em... sorry west coast people but i can't stand west coast rap there's just something about the beats that just doesn't sit right with me, with the exception of old school NWA. southern rap is the worst in my opinion....

also i can't stand enimem....i admit he has talent.... his rhyme scheme is exceptional...but he has a crappy white guy voice (no offense white people), its just too high, whiny, and "screech-like". also i don't like his beats... as you can see beats are the primary concern for me.

as for the r&b music i see it in this manner.... r&b is sex music.... so unless you gettin' your swirl on theres no need to play it

in closing....

*bows head, observes three seconds of silence*

RIP ODB, ya' crack smokin', welfare cheatin' bastard.........
Bling_bling_Angel
I love hip-hop/rNb... but some songs like "Splash Waterfalls" I can NOT tolerate because of the ultra explicitness...
edsgirl
I agree with Hitokiri, I tend to listen to more East coast than anything else. RIP ODB. I love the Wu-Tang and Notorius BIG. they can't hold a candle to LL cool J. He's my favorite! I love slow R&B jams.
water_alchemist
hm...i like...50cent,usher,alica keys,eminem,llcoolj,jay-z,j-kwon,trick daddy,lil jon,ludakris,snoop dogg and so many more but i just can't think of them right now.
edsgirl
QUOTE(water_alchemist @ Dec 31 2004, 01:08 AM)
hm...i like...50cent,usher,alica keys,eminem,llcoolj,jay-z,j-kwon,trick daddy,lil jon,ludakris,snoop dogg and so many more but i just can't think of them right now.

yeah 50 cent is okay, but I can't really get into eminem, his voice is kinda annoying!
XinXmyXheartX
well i hate all kinds of rap mad.gif ((i only c them as talking fast and i dont c it as music))
but r&b is ok i guess.its not my favorite genre but i lyk some. rolleyes.gif
JudasPriest1
This kind of "music" SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hagane no Renzy
rap=sucks...
hip-hop= i like, maybe, 1 or 2 songs of it, otherwise sucks
r&b=pretty good, i like lots of it smile.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(JudasPriest1 @ Aug 2 2005, 09:09 PM)
This kind of "music" SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]237808[/snapback]

Will you shut the f*ck up already!? Nobody needs to see the half-baked, ignorant, worthless opinions of a loudmouth 14-year-old white trash girl all the goddamned time!
JudasPriest1
What the hell man what did I do?!
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(JudasPriest1 @ Aug 2 2005, 09:34 PM)
What the hell man what did I do?!
[snapback]237855[/snapback]

Opened your goddamned mouth where it was neither wanted nor needed. Repeatedly.
JudasPriest1
I have a right to my opinion so says The first amendment of the Constitution and no one can take that right away.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(JudasPriest1 @ Aug 2 2005, 09:41 PM)
I have a right to my opinion so says The first amendment of the Constitution and no one can take that right away.
[snapback]237864[/snapback]

Having a right doesn't give you leeway to exercise it whenever you damn well feel like it without pissing people off, now does it?

Take a hint and shut up/walk away.
JudasPriest1
The title says put your input in so I can say wether I like it or not. Now I'm sorry if I made you angry but you could have just said it calmly. I'm just gonna leave so shut up you got your way. mad.gif
adamclark
hey, guys come on and calm down... we all know the constitution does not apply over the internet.

but this being an open forum, i guess you have the right to speak and all...

i'm not a big rap fan, although i do respect acts like Black Eye Peas.

does POD count?
Riza Babe
I don't like all rap & hip hop but I like,

50cent
lil jon
Jay z with linkin park biggrin.gif
and other artists.
Meitantei Conan
Well My Favorite Artist is 2Pac, He Gives me a hope to fight what i could Believe in, and How Hios Lifesyle and How he Put them in Words, and Rhyme them with a Beat, and He is my Idol for sure, and my Favoite Poet.

Eminem, Mac Dre, other Artist

I am actually an Rapper too, i am making a Cd real soon.
snakepeters
Fullmetal's OST are one of my main influnces

FMA Insturmenalist

Snake Peters-Periodical
Rap/Hop-Hop is my favourite genre of music by far, but most of my favourite artists' aren't that well known.. some of them are Hilltop Hoods, Aesop Rock, Immortal Technique and then I like more popular ones too like The Game, Kanye West, Gym Class Hero's, Fort Minor and Jedi Mind Tricks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.