Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roy Fans!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
sasuki_604
<Edited the part of thread title from "?" to "!" 02/25/07 ~Tombow>

Hi everybody,
I'm new to this forum so I don't really know my way round. lol
So I thought I post a new topic and what better topic to post than of Roy?

Anyway, Anybody a fan of Roy here?
(He's uber hot; of course everybody luvs him!)

If so, why do you like him?
Kihaku
Yay! Welcome! Although I probably shouldn't be the one saying it, because I'm kind of new too tongue.gif . Anyway... I would be counted as a Roy-fangirl, although I'm not currently in that "mode". Certain people/things tend to make my powers react tongue.gif . Anyways... I'm surprised if a topic on Roy hasn't been here before, because he is just the hottest character in FMA! And hah.. I don't just mean his powers (fire) and good looks biggrin.gif it's his attitude and personality; his unselfishness, loyalty, how he cares about those close to him, his overprotectiveness over Ed&Al(been influenced by someone here), how dedicated he is(despite his urm...laziness). He has this "cool and effective" aura over him that makes certain people go crazy tongue.gif ... and he and Riza complete each other biggrin.gif . Even though he's a serious character, he too has his.. urm.. weird/funny sides tongue.gif
And yeah... :he looks hot in his uniform and even without a shirt! *goes into fangirl mode again*

Oh, remember to vote for him in the hottest character poll! We desperately need your vote! Care to join a certain bet by the way? tongue.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Ah drat. Someone beat me to the first reply. tongue.gif Surprised to see me? =^.^= Well, you shouldn't be since I'm a partial fan of our beloved Colonel. wink.gif

Um, I've never seen a thread dedicated to him before, though. Not proud of myself to burst your bubble of happiness. tongue.gif He deserves it. I mean, if Hawkeye got one. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, that overprotectiveness aimed at the Elric brothers was beyond sweet. happy.gif (I didn't see that one coming though >__> -- episode-wise I mean) Gave us RoyxEd fans our daily dosis of innuendo. X3 Buwa. Um... He's cool. cool.gif

laugh.gif Trying to perfect your manipulative skills, Kihaku? tongue.gif
quistis
hmpph, trully I don't find his outlook attractive at all (skinny, plump faced, sissy bishonen etc) and in the anime his voice is rather annyoying esp. when he says his name IMHO

but

it's his attitude and personality; his unselfishness, loyalty, how he cares about those close to him, his overprotectiveness over Ed&Al(been influenced by someone here), how dedicated he is(despite his urm...laziness). He has this "cool and effective" aura over him that makes certain people go crazy  ... and he and Riza complete each other  . Even though he's a serious character, he too has his.. urm.. weird/funny sides 

and his resilience despite what he has gone through
so...yeah....I guess he got the inner beauty part right tongue.gif
Kihaku
Kase: I knew you'd be here tongue.gif At least to check...(notice from my post tongue.gif )
hah, I beat you to the first reply, did I *gets all proud*? tongue.gif hmm... noticed certain surpise attack of the smilies btw.(can tell who those posts belong too) tongue.gif My manipulative skills? What do you mean? Well, I think they need to be perfected anyway... tongue.gif
Oh and yea.h.. I love the fact how overprotective Roy is over the Elric-brothers.. I kind of see him as a father figure or older brother to them.. (but then again, we know how deep that can go then..) tongue.gif
Riza thread? You mean the Riza (xRoy) one??? yeah.. that's long tongue.gif

quistis: glad you agree with me on the inner beauty department biggrin.gif
Yeah, he's such a strong person too *sighs*
But aaarghh... what's all with this pudgy thing? Wait... you said skinny, plump faced... huh? There seem to be too opinions: pudgy and skinny, who just looks pudgy! What?!! His voice? When Roy talks, it's music! *serious fangirl mode* Roy is hot in every way! Aargh... where's my lightning staff?
dreamcatcher_alchemist
anime voice... you mean the dubbed voice? Because his subbed voice was pretty sexy, actually. ^^

yay for Roy fangirls (fanboys?) lol. And yes, the protectiveness of Ed and Al... especially Al, IMO, was very cute to watch. That's one of the biggest reasons why I love him (the fire is number two, but I'm a volunteer firefighter, we're all pyros, tongue.gif)

and you know... I was waiting for this thread to show up, lol
Omakase Shimasu
@Kihaku: Attack of the tongue.gif faces!! tongue.gif But what do you mean "notice from my post"? biggrin.gif;; The bet thing? X3 Oh man, I can see the wheels in your mind spinning right now: the perfect family aka the Alchemist Bunch: father = Roy, mother = Riza, first son = Ed and second son = Al. Can't forget about the dog, of course. Black Hayate~ And the maid = Armstrong? blink.gif

Aherm. Back on topic....

@quistis: skinny and pudgy/chubby. Hmmmm... Well, I only thought he was pudgy/chubby. tongue.gif *ducks underneath staff*

@dreamcatcher: you beat me! tongue.gif Fanboys? biggrin.gif Where? I'm still waiting for a clip of Roy's dubbed voice! I'm really curious now. T_T I hate being curious...
quistis
the Alchemist Bunch: father = Roy, mother = Riza, first son = Ed and second son = Al. Can't forget about the dog, of course. Black Hayate~ And the maid = Armstrong?

yes....YES, that's perfection wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif (Armstrong = the butler/nanny),
I strongly endorse any fanfic/fanart with this theme and if I might also add..*shot*

... where's my lightning staff?

hidoi...
um....the whole physical thing....that just might be a middle age perspective. I'm sure I would find him kakooi and attractive too all the way back in highschool days reading all those bishonen/bishojo manga & doujin

anime voice... you mean the dubbed voice? Because his subbed voice was pretty sexy, actually. ^^

the subbed voice...well, he sounded masculine and all when he proclaimed the miniskirt goal etc. but when he talked to Scar in the rainy scene saying his name, that voice is just irky
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(quistis @ Nov 22 2004, 08:39 PM)
the Alchemist Bunch: father = Roy, mother = Riza, first son = Ed and second son = Al. Can't forget about the dog, of course. Black Hayate~ And the maid = Armstrong?

yes....YES, that's perfection wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif (Armstrong = the butler/nanny),
I strongly endorse any fanfic/fanart with this theme
and if I might also add..*shot*

laugh.gif Well, anyone up for the challenge? X3 I'd like to see fanart about this too, actually. *__* Great idea for a fic too, actually. And the next door neighbours being a certain Tringham family... Armstrong as the nanny X3 Buwahahahaha~

Um, Roy yes... He's my number-one Colonel Flame, all the way. biggrin.gif Nobody would be able to best him in anything.
Kasumi
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Nov 22 2004, 04:47 PM)
Um, Roy yes... He's my number-one Colonel Flame, all the way. biggrin.gif Nobody would be able to best him in anything.

ph34r.gif Did I see right? Nobody? Anything? And this coming from Kase? tongue.gif

Yeah, I'm surprised that no one has made a thread about Roy up until now. (Then again, anything Roy related was placed into the RoyxRiza thread.)

Sasuki_604, please go vote for Roy in the hottest FMA thread, if you haven't already. You will be seeing a few Roy-centric fanfics if Roy wins the vote. biggrin.gif (I know Kihaku told you to vote already, but just in case you missed it. wink.gif )
Omakase Shimasu
ph34r.gif That wusn't me.

Sorry, I got panicky about side-tracking. Yes, me. Something is seriously wrong with me. ph34r.gif In any case, I don't agree with my statement up there. I'd like to make a new one! biggrin.gif Ed's the best. But when it comes to RoyxEd I have to say Roy bests him in bed. X3
Kasumi
Now that's the Kase I know! laugh.gif tongue.gif For a minute there, I was really shocked. tongue.gif

I haven't answered the original question yet. Let's see...Why did I like Roy? Must've been the whole RoyxRiza thing. My favourite character has always been Hawkeye, but somehow, Roy sneaked his way into the top of my "Favourite characters list." biggrin.gif
Aileon
Aaah, Roy... I really luv taisa XD He's the sexiest character in FMA ;D~~~~~~ Surely, I'm in love with him beacuse his personality and his good looking *0*
Kasumi
Kihaku, we both better keep an eye on this thread as this will surely attract Roy fans. We've got to take this chance to get everybody to vote for Roy! wink.gif
Ninie
Roy fan here! happy.gif Too bad I voted for him already...
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Kasumi @ Nov 22 2004, 10:41 PM)
Kihaku, we both better keep an eye on this thread as this will surely attract Roy fans. We've got to take this chance to get everybody to vote for Roy! wink.gif

How very devious. tongue.gif

Thumbs up for Ninie! ^^v

Um, let's see, why do I like Roy? Hmmm... He can be very sexy when he sets his mind to it. Or doesn't as the case may be. tongue.gif I love his overprotectiveness concerning the Elric brothers and the people he considers to be close. He's got a certain attitude towards certain people rolleyes.gif which is so very cute. That bored expression when he dated that woman in ep 37 (laugh.gif Roy totally blew me away with that scene) and the fact that he rather does something else than resigning himself to do boring paperwork -- I really hadn't thought his character would turn out that way. He's a man in uniform. *__* Nobody can resist that, no matter what they say. He's got his flames. He's got his status. Bleh, what was I talking about again? blink.gif
Ninie
Thanks, Kase!

Ah, there are so many reasons to like Roy, we couldn't write them all even if we tried to!
Quistis88
Ahh, yes, I am quite fond of the Colonel's sub voice as well. biggrin.gif It's at just the right pitch, I think: not high-pitched at all, and not too deep, but deep enough that it still gives it a sort of masculine edge.

Yes, if you haven't already, VOTE FOR ROY. DO IT NOW.

. . . no, NOW.
Omakase Shimasu
Maybe we should try and see how many reason we can come up with. biggrin.gif Just for fun..... Yeah, let's do that! (Sue me, I'm bored)

1) He's hot.
2) His fire powers.
3) Unselfishness.
4) Loyalty.
5) Protectiveness.
6) His uniform.
7) The attitude.
8) Cute chubbiness. tongue.gif

Um, I'm tired. Somebody else can take up where I left off. @_@
quistis
QUOTE (quistis @ Nov 22 2004, 08:39 PM)

yes....YES, that's perfection    (Armstrong = the butler/nanny),
I strongly endorse any fanfic/fanart with this theme
and if I might also add..*shot* 

Well, anyone up for the challenge? X3 I'd like to see fanart about this too, actually. *__*

The x'mas picture actually look like as if they're a whole family: Roy and Riza (mum 'n dad) with the kids between the two
(well, esp. if Winry is replaced by real Al and put different pose for them...use ur imagination....photoshop work anybody?)
sasuki_604
Kihaku I luv to join in your bet!
Tell me about it! biggrin.gif
Chain Alchemist
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

XD

plus, I just like his style of combat: a casual snap of his fingers, and red lightning toasts the place.
RoyxRiza BigFan
Military genius..i just wonder is it master degree or P.H.D graduate for the brains cool.gif
Kihaku
Kase: I almost died laughing when I first read that.. Alchemist bunch post. And you have such insight concerning what goes in my head. Admirable!
if Roy and Riza had a child I'm sure that he'd look pretty much like Ed in the was it 49th episode? That was one thing that got me thinking...
but then to family: Roy as overprotective older brother (half brother though) and Riza his love intrest, who his little brothers just adore.
For some reason I'm having a hard time trying to get the mental image of Armstrong as maid from my head.... laugh.gif yay! Someone draw Kase's "family picture" !
Oh and you have so much to contribute concerning Roy. I'm proud that I sometimes get you partly to our side. Then Kasumi wakes you up tongue.gif ! hey remember whose side you're on..

Kasumi: Yes absolutely. This thread will be under our watch. We WILL get more fans here! the turning point will begin! *thrusts lightning staff into the air* Thanks for this topic sasuki-chan!
Yes Kase, we're devious laugh.gif

sasuki: oh yes.. the bet in the hottest chracter poll. We're betting on who gets 50 votes first Roy or Ed and the losers have to write a fanfic for the winners biggrin.gif
Kase, telepika and Ailuro are on Ed's side and Kasumi and I on Roy's side, so we have use for another member if you're interested in taking risks.

Nice summary on Roy's qualities Kase, Remember two more: his caring, strong character(resilience)... wait if I could remeber 1 more then the chubby part could be taken away... then again, if you consider it cute, then okay.... tongue.gif
oh wait:others have mentioned intelligence and style in combat (fighting strategy?)
Omakase Shimasu
Oh, I see you've recruited another member. biggrin.gif This gets us even again!

Yeah, I'm sure Roy would be very excited about his Ed-baby. laugh.gif Just when he thought he got rid of the little booger... tongue.gif But that's exactly what I was thinking too. Ed's hair at that time looked almost exactly like Riza's. If she had a smaller pony, that is. Al's the one who's really got Riza's hairstyle (from her younger days). biggrin.gif

Oh well, I always try. tongue.gif Besides, Roy's one of my favorite characters too. rolleyes.gif After Ed, Archer, Russell, Kimblee... tongue.gif j/k (partially)

Well, I do consider the chubby part cute. It doesn't make him hot, though. tongue.gif He's a man, he's not supposed to be chubby anymore~ At least not when he's the only man around with a face like that! tongue.gif (Maybe that's how he manages to pick up women so easily)

Recap time:

9) Caring.
10) Resilience.
11) Military genius.
12) Cauterizes wounds through powers.
13) Has others doing the driving for him. cool.gif
14) Was Hughes' best friend (yes, that was also one of the reasons I liked him XD)
15) Has awesome jumping-powers. (ep 49/50 or so)
DarkWater Alchemist
I started to really like him after ep 25. He's gotta be a strong character to go on and to keep trying to reach his goal (yay, there's the goal-thing) - he needs a strong motivation, just like Ed, in fact.

Um *copies Kase's list*

1) He's hot. - He doesn't look bad - at all.
2) His fire powers. - Mustang taisa, warm my feet!
3) Unselfishness. - check
4) Loyalty. - check
5) Protectiveness. - check
6) His uniform. - military uniforms rock
7) The attitude. - 'I can threaten you by saying that...'
8) Cute chubbiness. - where's my dictionary - for chubbiness
9) Caring. - check
10) Resilience. - how poetic - check
11) Military genius. - 'Taken the necessary steps, taisa?'
12) Cauterizes wounds through powers. blink.gif
13) Has others doing the driving for him. - I got that too- go mum ! biggrin.gif
14) Was Hughes' best friend (yes, that was also one of the reasons I liked him XD) - snifff! i miss Hughes ! He was so important somehow.
15) Has awesome jumping-powers. - I'll still have to see about that cool.gif

The whole FMA main cast is a bunch of 'I got a goal to reach no matter what' guys. Opposite goals - rather simple at base, but one of the most beloved main plotlines. And side plotlines. Gotta write a synopsis for a short film - dammit. >_<

*waves a Roy flag*
Omakase Shimasu
Chubbiness is my word~ Mine~ All mine~ XD

Yesh, goals are always a great factor in shonen series. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif;; Uh... I didn't get 12) either.. Dunno what cauterizing means. -__-
Ninie
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Nov 23 2004, 11:40 AM)
biggrin.gif;; Uh... I didn't get 12) either.. Dunno what cauterizing means. -__-

Well, it's a spoiler for manga chapter 39...

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
dreamcatcher_alchemist
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Nov 22 2004, 11:06 PM)
That bored expression when he dated that woman in ep 37 (laugh.gif Roy totally blew me away with that scene) and the fact that he rather does something else than resigning himself to do boring paperwork

it always amused me that he did everything else possible to avoid the paperwork until the last moment. So not only is he an intelligent military officer... he's a procrastinator like the rest of us! LOL.

hehe, and yes, the bored expression was wonderful... probably because he was wishing it was Riza instead...
Kihaku
Hmmm... that thing with the paperwork reminded me about his easy going attitude. remeber that: easy going or relaxed or whatever is a better word...
Oh and how could we forget ambitious! I mean, he wants to be Fuhrer and all..

Oh and Kase, I forgot to mention earlier that my influence from someone, should have hepled you figure that I knew you'd be here. And hah. It wasn't just one post either that you've contributed uptill now:P .
Omakase Shimasu
@Ninie: ph34r.gif Roy's crazy. He's scary and crazy. Ugh, yuck, now I'm having ghost-feelings! ph34r.gif Stupid Roy! tongue.gif

@dreamcatcher: procrastinator! Thanks, that was the word I was looking for~ ^.^v Yes, he is. So very human, I must say. X3 Riza, I was thinking more along the lines of a certain chibi--- o.o Aherm...

@Kihaku: it was me you were talking about? biggrin.gif;; That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside~ X3 You're right, I should stop with the Roy-thing and work on the Ed-thing. My Ed-baby~ (Seriously, he needs a thread too)

Recap-time:

16) Procastrinator.
17) Ladiesman.
18) Ambitious.
19) Beat Ed in Mortal Kombat ph34r.gif if Ed hadn't used dirty tactics, imitating that Ishbal kid and all. o.o Wha' 'm I doing??
20) Is a realist. ^.^
Kihaku
Very interesting.... tongue.gif Instead of maiking a thread for Ed, you're a dedicated member of the Roy fan club laugh.gif .
Wow! You even sided with Roy in the mock fight biggrin.gif Good for you!
beat Ed in Moratal Kombat aka kicks ass/is strong
oh and excells in videogames tongue.gif aka game master
Ah, and the list grows...
procastrinator is a good word...had to look that up tongue.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Well, he has to be a formidable opponent for Ed. Otherwise the kid would never be comfortable with Roy topping him. X3 And I love my bishie's torment. I actually preferred the manga battle. Although the flashback made it more interesting. I just wish Roy "really" won in the anime too. biggrin.gif

But then you wouldn't have a story anymore, seeing they made a bet. A bet. A bet -- like ours. XD Muwahahaha~
Kihaku
Exactly. Although I think he's a powerful oponent otherwise too tongue.gif
Certain things wouldn't make sense otherwise tongue.gif
Yeah, I also prefered the manga battle, it showed how incredibly more powerful Roy was (and it showed his powerfulness in general too). He absolutely wiped the floor with Ed tongue.gif . The anime made it more dramtic and more realistic in away that it didn't go overboad... The flashback was great and anyway it was pretty obvious who ruled there too.
Oh, actually I don't know. I liked both versions! I'm glad that there were those two perspectives. biggrin.gif
Oh yes... the bet tongue.gif Well, nobody really won. I suppose Roy decided to give that information out of the goodness of his heart. *sighs*.
Still, he would be a fair and justperson, wouldn't he? yay! That too must be added to the list!
(Yes, I'm too lazy at the moment. I'll be waiting for more ideas... since the list will have more things included, right?)
Kasumi
The picture you've all been waiting for!

http://img131.exs.cx/img131/239/200411001888825.jpg

The reason why Roy is THE HOTTEST FMA character. *goes into crazy fangirl Roy-obsession mode*
Vx Tao Ren xV
::joins Kasumi in crazy fangirl Roy-obsession mode::

As for the pic, yes, nice justification... very nice indeed ^_^
Ninie
Oh.. OH! *drools* *drools*

*still drooling*

*drowns*
Quistis88
I've got three words.

"Burn, baby. BURN."
sasuki_604
QUOTE(dreamcatcher_alchemist @ Nov 23 2004, 06:41 AM)
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Nov 22 2004, 11:06 PM)
That bored expression when he dated that woman in ep 37 (laugh.gif Roy totally blew me away with that scene) and the fact that he rather does something else than resigning himself to do boring paperwork

it always amused me that he did everything else possible to avoid the paperwork until the last moment. So not only is he an intelligent military officer... he's a procrastinator like the rest of us! LOL.

lol I luv his bored expression. It's adorable!

haha who likes paper work?

Kasumi!!! I luv you! that is one hot pic of Roy! biggrin.gif
Kihaku
Yay Kasumi! Yay! * makes sparks fly out of staff* biggrin.gif
So there*s, Kase the proof of Roy without his shirt(kind of).. and he is hot!
Hmm... where is that picture from anyway?
I wonder why Armstrong is in the same picture, I don't see the point.... The comparing of bodies?(Roy's hotter of course) Military photo? I still don't get it.

sasuki: so, are you willing to join our bet, or not????
sasuki_604
I luv to join your bet!
What is it?
Kihaku
Hmmm.... I did explain it it a while back. Didn't you read all the posts? But, to revise: the bet about who will reach 50 votes first in the hottest character poll, Roy or Ed... and you're on Roy's side, right?
Anyway, the losers have to write a fanfic for the winners... in our case Ed-centric, for Ed's side it's Roy-centric.
But we know even without the poll, who the hottest character truly is, right?
Ninie
QUOTE(Kihaku @ Nov 24 2004, 07:29 PM)
But we know even without the poll, who the hottest character truly is, right?

Yes! A poll means nothing! Nothing at all! biggrin.gif cool.gif Except if Roy wins... then, it would mean something...

And Kase : Roy's not crazy! He just wanted to save help his princess Riza! But I admit he is sometimes crazy and scary...

And yes, I'm often late in answering mail
Kasumi
QUOTE(Kihaku @ Nov 24 2004, 12:44 PM)
Hmm... where is that picture from anyway?
I wonder why Armstrong is in the same picture, I don't see the point.... The comparing of bodies?(Roy's hotter of course) Military photo? I still don't get it.

The picture is from one of those collectible trading card series...I think...

Anyway, I've got no idea why Armstrong is there... (It's not like he's not getting enough of his own pictures) ...Don't we all wish the picture was more focused on Roy? No offense to Armstrong fans...
Kihaku
Oh, collectible trading cards! Probably only owning the series would give an answer to what Armstrong is doing there. Ah, so Armstrong has got enough pictures already? Then he must stop blocking Roy's space!
Yeah, in the Roy thread I don't have to apologise to Armstrong fans... or do I?
Omakase Shimasu
@Ninie: Princess? biggrin.gif;; Well, I haven't read that part of the manga yet, I think. ph34r.gif And I don't think I really want to either... Someone hurting themselves like that, even if it is to stop the bleeding...

OK, I have to admit, Roy's got one hot bod. *__* (although Ed's got greater abs tongue.gif) But now.. Roy's face really seems pudgy compared to the rest of his body. ph34r.gif *ducks incoming projectiles of wannabe-protoplasma-flames*
AoiSora
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Nov 25 2004, 04:12 PM)
OK, I have to admit, Roy's got one hot bod. *__* (although Ed's got greater abs tongue.gif) But now.. Roy's face really seems pudgy compared to the rest of his body. ph34r.gif *ducks incoming projectiles of wannabe-protoplasma-flames*

I like the fact that he is "pudgy" as you put it. It is nice to see characters that look normal. Not a stick! and not overly fat! I think it gives him a healthy look. not to big, not to skinny. just right... for Hawkeye! laugh.gif
Kihaku
Oh yes, that's right, AoiSora! But urm... he isn't of course pudgy/chubby (who knows where I dragged that pudgy thing, I should have remembered Kase calling him chubby)
It's a healthy look, like you said. So there, he is normal, but with a hot body of course tongue.gif
Kase: of course Riza is Roy's "princess".... but that would be way to cheezy for the manga, so it's just a known fact tongue.gif
Oh... Ed's got greater abs, eh... well now, who is the person who has probably trained longer? tongue.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Roy should've been the one. He's got more experience in the field. tongue.gif

OK, don't wanna get my butt kicked outta this thread. I just got comfy! And I'm a partial Roy-fan too~ tongue.gif Pudgy/chubby's good if you look at it a certain way. Not to mention that's just Arakawa's style, isn't it? Not much you can do about that, I guess.

Roy passed with flying colors though. X3 Ed's pleased.
Kasumi
With all the paper work, I don't think Roy has done much training...(Except for snapping and burning. tongue.gif)

And I admit, it's just Arakawa style. Although, anime!Roy is not chubby compared to manga!Roy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.