Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma 1: Fullmetal Alchemist And The Broken Angel
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Game > FMA PlayStation Games
Pages: 1, 2
vash8684

is the fullmetal alchemist ps2 game comming out in english in the us?
Maes Hughes
I saw an ad for it in a gamepro magazine...and in a shonen jump.....so i assume that it is.smile.gif
ssjinVegeta
i have it but it does not have verry good graphics.
Blade42
I think it's comin' out... I saw an ad for it,... somewhere.
Soul Alchemist
It's easy to overlook graphics if the gameplay is good. I mean, look at FF VII. I know it was playstation but it's graphics weren't the greatest and the game itself was awesome. So how's the gameplay?
Blade42
Soul Alchemist has a good point...
LordGohan
also look at atari,yars revenge 2nd favorite game.
Paige the soul alchemist
This looks like a fun game despite its cell shading graphics. I dont care about graphics really all I care about in a game is that it has good gameplay
EmoSushi
Does anybody know if when it does come out if it'll be bi-lingual? I like the Japanese voices a LOT better. Ed's is much funnier in Japanese. biggrin.gif
Greaser
QUOTE(vash8684 @ Nov 21 2004, 07:10 PM)
is the fullmetal alchemist ps2 game comming out in english in the us?

The Game already came out in engish!
Tashi
i dont think so.
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245128.asp
Pre-Order: Ships on 01/18/2005
Crystalix
its graphics look good to me, the screnshots at Gamespot, etc. are very compressed. If you saw the preview on Electric Playground (G4techtv) its graphics are amazing & retain the "anime" looks happy.gif It also has 30 min of Full metal Alchemist anime, (some of the stuff that wasn't shown in the episodes), and new characters. I'll try to get the Japanese version for Christmas
Soul Alchemist
Square Enix is making it, that's good enough for me. I can wait a year....I hope.
Xio Xian
i saw the ad for it in shonen jump. it looks ok. i mean if it is anything like tales of symphonia, it will be good (gameplay wise)
Tashi
well, if ps2cover ever gets my flip-top here ill let you guys know if its any good, i ...*cough* aquirred the japanese version. yes, im gonna buy the english one anyway.
tribalb
what...no release for xbox... ';[
Liss
Is the US version going to have the jap voices with english subs?

Hopefully the game will tide me over until the movie this summer biggrin.gif
Slashrose1010
I asked some dude at GameStop and he said it will be released in the US on January 19, 2005. I know i'm gonna get it.
hagane_no_tokage
i hope it will at least have the *option* to keep the japanese voices...like soul caliber 2 does... i know some people would be disappointed (tho i don't quite understand *why*...) if the english voices aren't used...(because people are too lazy to read subtitles? huh.gif ), but i hated the english voices for SC2, they just sounded so...ugh! *shudders*
RoyxRiza BigFan
i just checked out the pricing of fma PS2 games over in shops here and man $119 bucks! you gotta be kidding me..its really rare here >___<
Hikari no Hohenheim
Here I bought the pirate copies for $3 each biggrin.gif
Full Metal Hero
Is the game an rpg or real time?
hitokiri
i'm pretty sure its real time
Foolio
from what ive seen/read it looks like another crappy hack and slash with a small twist that will get bored fast. but thats just me.
Slashrose1010
If by real time you mean like you can move around in battle than yes it is real time. I'm sorry I don't know these terms. You can move around like in KH and use alchemy to turn junk into items, weapons etc. I read you can turn a mail box intoa pogo stick he he. I guess it will have a lil KH feel as far as gameplay goes. Hopefully the story will be as good as the show's.
_alchemist
oh yes! i loved kingdom heart's battle system. if the FMA game is in real time, then it would be so freaking awesome.

i really hope that they would have an option as to whether we would like to hear the japanese voice or the english voice.
Dreakon
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 14 2004, 12:01 AM)
i know some people would be disappointed (tho i don't quite understand *why*...) if the english voices aren't used...(because people are too lazy to read subtitles?   huh.gif )

Man, I am really getting tired of all these anti-english dub posts. Maybe people want english because JAPANESE SUCKS. I would be greatly, and I mean greatly disappointed if they didn't use the English voices. Why? Because I don't understand Japanese. How could one possibly say somethings voice acting is good, when they dont even understand what they're saying? Wow, you get to read subtitles. It's a flippin television show, not a book. If you want to read so damn bad, look at the manga.

Onto the game, I do hope they have English voices. But it'd be nice to have Japanese voices with subs in there too so everyone is happy. Realtime would be much better then turn based, IMO.
Rena Elric
I really dont care if its in japanese or english as long as the game play is good. And if you can ut in japanese the game has subtitles.
Slashrose1010
Some times I do get annoyed by recycling of voice actors and sometimes there are bad voice actors. But I agree with Dreakon. How can you tell if the Japanese voice actors are good unless you understand it? Because you don't which tonation goes with which word. I like the Japanese language though, it sounds pretty cool. In Tekken Tag in Jin, Kazuya, and Hieiachi's endings they kept the Japanese voices. About the game, I will probably rent it before I think of buying it. The graphics aren't that good but what movie or TV show games are ever that great, excluding Enter the Matrix. As for the movie does anyone know what the plot is about?
Half-metal Alchemist
I would like to see them put the jap voices in, but looks like its just going to be English

The english game site is out:

>>> http://www.square-enix.com/games/FMA/
Rena Elric
thanks for the link^^
Wondering Samurai
do you know if it will follow the whole story of full metal alchemist cause i dont want to find out everything that happens just by playing a game because i would much rather watch the show.
Dreakon
It's a new story. Supposedly happens between episode 9 and 10 of the anime I believe...
Haste
It sounds interesting, I just might get it. I don't think I am getting the first set of dvd's though, the first eps weren't that good in my opinion.
Penguin
I look forward to getting this game and playing it. I can already see myself yelling at Ed because I won't be able to do things right, or keep dying.
alchemistgirl zero
I saw the ad for the game in Anime Invasion, but it looks like turn-based. It might not be; I hope not.
Rena Elric
that might be the case. still it looks like fun ^^
Half-metal Alchemist
If you go to the site and look at the pics under Game Features, you can see Ed's Health bar, and a mini map, my guese is that the battle system is something like Kingdom Hearts smile.gif
Haste
I would love it if the battle system were like kingdom hearts...FF12 will be like that - Off topic smile.gif
Falling_Man
I read a bit about this. Only certain things can be changed.
It's predetermined. Bites. (can't go making doors in random stone walls)

Off-topic maddness: I heard FFXII was going to use the FFXI battle system.
tinlunlau
i've played the english version of FMA.

it's not turn based as some suggested. it's set in real time.
odd thing is, this early copy my friend got, is in english but the cut scenes are in japanese most of the time. the first cut scene was in english and you get to hear Alex Louis Armstrong's voice in english. but my FMA hating friends were talking too loud and i couldn't really hear it that well.
karusa
Somebody knows which is the name of the girl that appear on the video game???
RolfKaese
sry to say that, but the first game is crap =P =P you'll all see >:)
Wish_Alley
I think I heard some where too that it wasn't all that good. I'm getting it anyway just because its FMA.

I was looking on walmart.com one time and found it. I was so shocked I jumped around my house for about 15 min. laugh.gif

Awww well, I'm excited about it anyway.
Slashrose1010
I am subscribed to GI (Game Informer) and they gave 4.5 out of 10. Not because they are anime haters (they actually have a lot of article on RPG's) but because this game doesn't seem that great. It's not the story, they actually said the story was decent, but the game play isn't that great. The leveling system is pretty irrelevent and it is kind of bland. The targeting system sucks and there is a lot of unnnecessary dialogue. But it does have a lot of FMA goofiness smile.gif The graphics aren't exactly hot (that doesn't really matter to me) and like I said before, the leveling and experience has practically no effect on gameplay because you are transmeting and so on. I just wanted you guys to know before you buy it. I don't even think I am going to rent it anymore. sad.gif

PS: They also said it has bad replay value.... *sigh* I don't like games like that much.* That's why I love MGS so much. I must've beat the first one like 5 times tongue.gif
Zarpia
tyshon3010:

I've read that the game is not that good, but don't pay any atention to them, they are WRONG, the game rock. (I don't have mine yet)
Mike
Geez I wonder when it will come out in Aus? I hate it how we always get these stuff last.
RolfKaese
listen to them, the game really gets boring.
Lend it from a Video shop or something, play thru it in 4h and get excited over playing as Edo-kun and the cool Anime Sequences.... that's what I would say about the japanese Version, but since the US Version got crappy american dub... bleargh...
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(Dreakon @ Dec 31 2004, 01:18 AM)
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Dec 14 2004, 12:01 AM)
i know some people would be disappointed (tho i don't quite understand *why*...) if the english voices aren't used...(because people are too lazy to read subtitles?   huh.gif )

Man, I am really getting tired of all these anti-english dub posts. Maybe people want english because JAPANESE SUCKS. I would be greatly, and I mean greatly disappointed if they didn't use the English voices. Why? Because I don't understand Japanese. How could one possibly say somethings voice acting is good, when they dont even understand what they're saying? Wow, you get to read subtitles. It's a flippin television show, not a book. If you want to read so damn bad, look at the manga.

Onto the game, I do hope they have English voices. But it'd be nice to have Japanese voices with subs in there too so everyone is happy. Realtime would be much better then turn based, IMO.

wow, i haven't been to this thread in a while, but it seems like someone needs a nap. dry.gif take some valium, kid, and chill out, okay? i'm against arguing with people who are no challenge to debate with, so i won't say anything more than maybe if you listened to the difference in the emotions of the japanese vs. the english you would see why so many people dislike dubs. people are entitled to an opinion, and i hate the way 95% of anime is dubbed into english, i'd rather learn japanese.

but that doesn't mean i expect *everyone* to feel that way...huh.gif grow up.

and yes, i also heard that tobenai tenshi was a bit of a let-down as far as gameplay goes. they said the scrolling text was painfully slow, and the action and fight sequences were lacking in enthusiasm and challenge.

i personally am enjoying omoide no soumeikyouku tho. hee, chibi pixellated roy is adorable! XD
Kasumi
QUOTE(Rolfkaese)
listen to them, the game really gets boring.
Lend it from a Video shop or something, play thru it in 4h and get excited over playing as Edo-kun and the cool Anime Sequences....

Not to mention, the game was pretty short too. There's not that much of a replay value either.

Hehe, I'd say Omoide no Sonata was A LOT more enjoyable. happy.gif The only cut-back is that it's GBA graphics, and there are no anime cutscenes.

@tokage: Not only is chibi pixellated Roy adorable, he's extremely powerful as well. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.