Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Make The Philosopher's Stone
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2
brass2themax
Edited: /facepalm. Post deleted. I wrote this years ago!
Omakase Shimasu
Wow, very interesting, but confusing as all hell. @_@

Thanks for sharing though! biggrin.gif I'm gonna try reading this again in the morning. "Gold, Silver and Mercury", the power of three. It's always three.
Kasumi
Yes, confusing as hell... But it's very interesting. Thanks for the link. biggrin.gif

I think a bit more research is needed to actually understand that. I'll read the whole thing when I find the time...
jessin
did you know that alchemists also tried to create humans from stuff? This one guy (i forgot who he was) said that he created a 4 inch person by boiling 3 gallons of mercury and human sperm for forty days.....

it's so weird....blink.gif blink.gif
Gashole
Wonderful. Why don't I just start looking for volunteers who'd like to donate their menstrual fluids, semen, and blood?
Quistis88
QUOTE(jessin @ Nov 20 2004, 04:17 PM)
did you know that alchemists also tried to create humans from stuff? This one guy (i forgot who he was) said that he created a 4 inch person by boiling 3 gallons of mercury and human sperm for forty days.....

it's so weird....blink.gif  blink.gif

I do believe you are referring to the alchemist Paracelsus.
Guest_alchemist
wow, never knew that a woman's menstruation blood was required to make the philosopher stone. blink.gif
Senefen
ew!
A white one, which is not so powerful, and a red one, which is infinitely powerful.

The making of the stone was represented by four stages.
1. Crow (black)
2. Swan (white)
3. Peacock (rainbow? could also be blue)
4. Phoenix (red)
also its interesting to note that to create a P's stone's power in FMA depends on the number of lives/souls taken to create it. Therefore in theory to create a perfect one you dont need the lives of endless creatures, because this would eventualy run out, rather one creature with endless lives ^^ - Phoenix.
I can just see Dumbledore and Flamel grinding up a phoenix in harry potter tongue.gif.
DarkWater Alchemist
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Nov 21 2004, 12:30 AM)
I do believe you are referring to the alchemist Paracelsus.

Possible. That good old von Hohenheim tongue.gif

wtf? I've got al alchemic ring o_O Just plain silver with those first 7 sumbols carved in it.
Flame Alchemist 666
I seen on one of the episodes that Ed works out that it is made from human components, is he right about this? I can only download them because crappy britain doesn't have it on tv till next year!!!!!!
Eld
ER.....how can I say?
Interest, but difficult
I have read a book "Testament of Nicolas Flamel". Some parts of the book also tell me how to make the Philsospher's Stone but......I don't understand. They are in cipher.
Flame Alchemist 666
I watch the Japenese dubbed version.
hitokiri
yeah yeah this is all fine and good but i'm not gonna risk what happened the scar's brother, even if it is just an anime that just plain wrong to risk it......

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
telepika
@hitokiri:
Hmmm... Try it anyway. Where's your adventurous spirit?

As for the article, I can see why alchemy was only practiced by the intelligent and gifted. Maybe I'll try and read it later...
Ice Dragon
I remember reading on a web site with the topic of Fullmetal Alchemist:Philosopher's Stone,I read that the Philosopher's Stone was made of 14 human sacrifices and 3 self sacrifices and then 10 animal sacrifices(large animals;preferably a 30 foot anaconda) then, add a large piece of alchemy and VaWola! A Liquid Stone a.k.a. Philosopher's Stone.

That's how I remember it
xrninja
QUOTE(Ice Dragon @ Dec 31 2004, 08:56 PM)
I remember reading on a web site with the topic of Fullmetal Alchemist:Philosopher's Stone,I read that the Philosopher's Stone was made of 14 human sacrifices and 3 self sacrifices and then 10 animal sacrifices(large animals;preferably a 30 foot anaconda) then, add a large piece of alchemy and VaWola! A Liquid Stone a.k.a. Philosopher's Stone.

they lied.

....."a large piece of alchemy"?
Slashrose1010
This all seems interesting. I wonder if there really is a science to it all... I'll read it later. Tooooo tired now.
Ice Dragon
Found It! biggrin.gif Here's the ingredients to a human Body: 35 liters of water, 20 kilos of carbon, 4 liters of ammonia, 1.5 kilos of lime, phosphorus 800 grams, niter 250 grams, magnesium, manganese 1.5 grams, iron 5 grams, silicon 3 grams.

I found this out after awhile (long, long, long while) of searching.
Slashrose1010
Hmmm. I've only read a litttle bit of the text on that site. It really isn't that hard to understand. You realy don't even need to understand what every words means. You can infer and use context clues. Skill that you learn when learning a language, I take Spanish. Some parts are difficult to understand and you have to read a few times. If those are the ingrediants, and somehow you were able to create a philosopher's stone, I doubt it would be as easy to bring a human back to life than just concentrating really hard while wearing the stone. And like in FMA states. What on earth can you possibly offer in exchange for a soul. If I had the stone I would probably not even try to bring someone back to life. Just abuse it for selfish gain. smile.gif
xrninja
QUOTE(Ice Dragon @ Jan 1 2005, 05:28 PM)
Found It! biggrin.gif Here's the ingredients to a human Body: 35 liters of water, 20 kilos of carbon, 4 liters of ammonia, 1.5 kilos of lime, phosphorus 800 grams, niter 250 grams, magnesium, manganese 1.5 grams, iron 5 grams, silicon 3 grams.

I found this out after awhile (long, long, long while) of searching.

yeah, they tell you that in episode 1. mellow.gif
Slashrose1010
True. And it is missing a few like salt peiter.
Ok, I have gained all of the materials and have them all secured. Now I am following the instructions and will begin this disturbing experiment. Of course ,I have triple of everything and will try this exp. first. It will be intresting since this process will take so many years.
xrninja
QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 4 2005, 06:20 PM)
Ok, I have gained all of the materials and have them all secured. Now I am following the instructions and will begin this disturbing experiment. Of course ,I have triple of everything and will try this exp. first. It will be intresting since this process will take so many years.

years? and triple of everything, huh?
alchemistgirl zero
Okay now!
*makes stone*
Zero: Ha! Beat you to Philospher's Stone, Harry Potter!
Harry Potter: Damn you insane muggle girl!
Zero: I'm not a muggle! I am your god! Bow before me!
Harry Potter: blink.gif

happy.gif I was really bored. Can you tell?
Ice Dragon
QUOTE(alchemistgirl zero @ Jan 5 2005, 07:50 PM)
Okay now!
*makes stone*
Zero: Ha! Beat you to Philospher's Stone, Harry Potter!
Harry Potter: Damn you insane muggle girl!
Zero: I'm not a muggle! I am your god! Bow before me!
Harry Potter:  blink.gif

happy.gif I was really bored. Can you tell?

What's that about?
alchemistgirl zero
It's kind of a joke from my English class. My teacher believes that the powers of the Philospher's Stone will give you godly powers. Originally, Harry Potter's first book was called "Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone", not "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone". It was changed because the Philospher's Stone deals more with alchemy, or something like that. I dunno. happy.gif
yukiroche
I really don't think it's possible to make a complete philosophers stone because you'd have to sacrifice a crapload of people. I don't think I wanna do that. Plus you have to make the red water adn yadda yadda. I think throughout the entire episodes they've wasted thier time because really both of them ultimatly did not get thier forms back.
I have read some philospher stone story.
It help to transmutate metal into a gold or it could
even bring you to Immortal!

The first creator of The Philosopher Stone, was Nicholas Flamel.
Mustang's Apprentice
Wow, a step-by-step instruction guide on the Philosopher's Stone.

I'll probably read this later and add to my alchemic notes.

Great find.
Philosopher's Stone
Philosopher's Stone is interchangeably synonomous with Sorceror's Stone. I think the British publication called it the "Philosopher's Stone". But Harry Potter sucks anyway.
Mustang's Apprentice
After reading it, it sort of reminds me of how they use it in the show and all.

Parts of it were confusing and I probably have to read it again.
Kaze_Alchemist
hmm..daz sumtin..i habent read it but i will..but da ting ish ive made a notebook wit notes about alchemy nd stuff...hahahha ya noe those 80 page notebooks ive written bout 40 pages of da notebook hahah..alot of work nd alot of symbols from da websites i got..hahaha
Shinobi Alchemist
Intressting stuff (but it's confusing like Hell tongue.gif ) I don't really understand everything since I'm from Sweden and only 15 years old dry.gif

Alchemy has become very intressting to me since I've seen the Fullmetal Alchemist episodes, but real alchemy is sooo damn hard to understand unsure.gif
YounGMiNii
Of course it's hard!!! FMA portrays it as easy... Kinda, I mean, Ed and Al are supposed to be extra-ordinary people. Why do you think there are barely any alchemists in the show? Plus, remember all those times when they say "I can't understand this!" and "You understand this?" etc...
It's bollocks. Alchemy (except in the sense that it provides a foundation for modern chemistry) is a heap of crap. The Philosopher's stone never existed, and the entire concept of a stone like that is preposterous. An interesting drive for a piece of fiction, but nothing more than that.
Guest_Chimera_*
wow. amazing, http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...5_chimeras.html
lordentropy
The Philosopher's Stone, in terms of historic factuality, is not some magical stone.

It was probably a reagen or material used to make some unmakeable material like an elixer of life, a universal solvent or change base metals into gold.

and as for my contribution on how to make it:

"After cooking for thirty days, a mixture of Chin 1 (Gold fluid) and quicksilver is placed in a yellow earthen jar, which is then sealed with Six-One Mud and strongly heated for sixty hours. Thereupon the medicine is obtained. The swallowing of a pea-sized quantity of the medicine is enough to make a hsien (immortal) out of any person."
Method
Don't even TRY it.
Have YOU got 100 people ready to die?
lordentropy
QUOTE(Method @ Jul 19 2005, 04:23 AM)
Don't even TRY it.
Have YOU got 100 people ready to die?
[snapback]218185[/snapback]

Yup. cool.gif
Method
O.o, Wanna share?
Kooy
the fact that you might be able to create the stone is really cool and a lot of people would like to try it. But the only way you could actually understand on making it and understanding what is you would have to do a lot of reading just like Al dude for his alchemy exam. If you like to read and learn about new stuff go ahead rigt now i'm jsut trying to get my summer reading book done then i'm going on to alchemy books. So if your not doing anything at all, i suggest picking up an alchemy book and start reading and understand it.
Supashay91
QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 8 2005, 03:27 PM)
It's bollocks. Alchemy (except in the sense that it provides a foundation for modern chemistry) is a heap of crap. The Philosopher's stone never existed, and the entire concept of a stone like that is preposterous. An interesting drive for a piece of fiction, but nothing more than that.
[snapback]208317[/snapback]

nah alchemy i belive is real they just over exagurate what it truly is. see the reason i belive this is i read in a book once that if you were to put a bunch of broken peices of plastic that were once one big peice of plastic in a box that had no air in it and somehow add heat the the peices would reshape themselves as they once were.plus if u really want to get into it the law of equivalent exchange is also known and E=MC2
Martin Easth
Indeed, alchemy has been important for modern sciences, and I think itīs funny that Ed & Al father has the name Hohenheim.
If you have read the history of alchemy then you know that everything said about him in FMA is correct for the real Hohenheim or Paracelsus as he wanted be to called himself
mini alchemist
ive been intersested in alchemy since the first time a saw fma (when i was ten). im 11 now and in my schools gifted class. it sucks to be the only one in my school that likes alchemy but i dont need them.and the article u spoke of its pretty hard to understand i think i can get through it.
Oinchinjey
I believe in alchemy. But the whole theory of the philosopher
stone, it very hard to understand. There is no one that hasnt able
to make it, and even if someone can make it they would fail...
mini alchemist
but suppose there was one already maid?like back when they were recording all this someone made it.perhaps someday someone will find it and use it fer the betterment of mankind perhaps to even help stop the apocolypse?
mini alchemist
interesting...

go here...
http://www.goldendawnbooks.com/albertus.htm
eliss_music
Ok, I skimmed the posts here, I'm on short time.

Alchemy does exist (not in FMA terms).
The stone IS real. (I have seen one and even held it smile.gif )
The one I saw was a genuine philosispher's stone, I saw it work.
Nicolas Flemmel is a real person who created it, used it and is still kickin it somewhere on Earth (at least till they make space travle for every one tongue.gif )

If you don't belive in past lives, oh well, but I knew Flemmel and he showed me the stone and how it works. I once made one myself (My homunculus ate it...The third one anyway.)

Don't belive me, fine, if you do...great, let's talk.

Alchmey isn't an instanst answer-all, if it was we'd all use it inapropretly.

Alchemy teaches us patiants, detremination, skill, balance, nature, religion, history, math, science, philosisphy, psycology, chemology, geology, mineralology, spirituality, need I go on?

It's not for everyone and it's not easy (shortest done is in a less then 20 min. time span) but for those who are chosen by it (you never chose it)...it can be a wonderful and awakening expirance. My teacher proved that one to me.
No Flemmel wasn't my teacher.
loves!
mini alchemist
if he really had one or if u made one you would have to sacrifice humans so you would become a murderer.and finallyif u made one then tell us how to(if you can) rolleyes.gif
eliss_music
QUOTE(mini alchemist @ Aug 19 2005, 07:03 PM)
if he really had one or if u made one you would have to sacrifice humans so you would become a murderer.and finallyif u made one then tell us how to(if you can) rolleyes.gif
[snapback]256140[/snapback]

TWO problems:
1- It doesn't take humans to make, read a REAL alchmey book.
2- If I told every sniffling brat how to make one, he'd go make it and the world would be doomed by stupid kids with dangerus weapons.

I am not a murderer (Killing ones self doesn't count [ask me about explantion later]) and I never will be.
If you don't belive me then fine, but stop and think about this:
All those guys in history who told everyone how to make the stone was a fraud!
A fake, a No-Go, a Lier.
If I refuse to tell you, then I am either protecting my secrets or bluffing (No motive to bluff, I won't get anything either way.)
,But if I told you how you'd suspect me of fraud and try to make the stone, if it worked, you'd tell others it was your idea and I'll seem dead to the world about it (I'm sure you'd try to quiet me on my methods) and if it failed you lable me a fraud and (in pre 1900) I'd be arrested and jailed for public fraud.
Either way you want to belive, I know what I know and the limits set for me.
It took me 15 years to make one last time and I doubt you want to spend that much time on it for a small bead sized stone.

Peace!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.