Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who would you want to see a spin-off series about?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Dark-Winds
I would totally wanna see a spin off about Roy and his team xD

I think that could be really silly, but at the same time it could have action too =)

By the way, for the fun of it, check out FMA spinoff showcase thread also. biggrin.gif
(It got posts with a list of different kind of "spin-off" from FMA series. XD ~ board staff )

<Added more poll choices :) ~ Board staff>
xUltimate_Shieldx
I totally would want a spin off series in general! I mean, more FMA, right? biggrin.gif

I love the idea of Roy and his Team! I think more of Ed and Al brother side stories could be cool too, like more stuff on their travels not plot related.

And maybe it's just me loving Ling, but I think seeing more of Ling's back story would be really cool >.>

Speaking of back stories, I think it'd actually be pretty interesting to see more of Roy's days as an alchemy student and how he got to know and be close with Riza. But again, maybe that's just the Royai bias in me speaking >.>
Dark-Winds
QUOTE (xUltimate_Shieldx @ Jan 21 2011, 11:14 PM) *
Speaking of back stories, I think it'd actually be pretty interesting to see more of Roy's days as an alchemy student and how he got to know and be close with Riza. But again, maybe that's just the Royai bias in me speaking >.>

YESSS O___O I'm such a Royai fangirl >.>

I'd love some kind of series of Roy's teenage days training with Hawkeye and chilling with Riza xD I think that could be a pretty interesting series.

But I think a post-manga/brotherhood series about Roy trying to become Fuhrer could be really cool too. Action packed but with silly fillier type thingies that the first anime had. (Like episode 37!)
xUltimate_Shieldx
QUOTE (Dark-Winds @ Jan 21 2011, 10:19 PM) *
But I think a post-manga/brotherhood series about Roy trying to become Fuhrer could be really cool too. Action packed but with silly fillier type thingies that the first anime had. (Like episode 37!)

Yes! I agree! I'd never complain about seeing more Roy happy.gif
Dark-Winds
QUOTE (xUltimate_Shieldx @ Jan 21 2011, 11:21 PM) *
Yes! I agree! I'd never complain about seeing more Roy happy.gif

Muwahaha, I could watch Roy all day long >=)
xUltimate_Shieldx
QUOTE (Dark-Winds @ Jan 21 2011, 10:26 PM) *
Muwahaha, I could watch Roy all day long >=)

I agree ^^
I mean, I could watch Ling all day long too, but ya know... >.>
S.F. Thunder
I want more backstory on everyone! /greedy

I'd also like to see what becomes of Roy and co as well as Ling and co after the end of the series. Ed and Al's story is over, but there's still a little story that could be told about other characters.

But a prequel would be more cool to me. xP Especially more stuff on Ishval! Oh, and now that I think about it, I'd really like to see how the first Greed broke away from the homunculi...
Dark-Winds
QUOTE (S.F. Thunder @ Jan 22 2011, 12:31 AM) *
But a prequel would be more cool to me. xP Especially more stuff on Ishval! Oh, and now that I think about it, I'd really like to see how the first Greed broke away from the homunculi...

I also personally think a prequel would be so cool ^.^ Ishval would be awesome. ANd I'd love to see what happened with Greed! O__O That'd be so cool!
xUltimate_Shieldx
QUOTE (S.F. Thunder @ Jan 21 2011, 10:31 PM) *
Oh, and now that I think about it, I'd really like to see how the first Greed broke away from the homunculi...

Oh! I'm always up for more Greed! *___*
Misty- Nala
I didn't know where to put my choice so I just clicked "others".

I would like to see more of Maes Hughes. I don't care in what team: his family or Mustang group. Just Hughes in general and mainly not the doting Daddy part.

I want to see him action, being the serious and reliable soldier he deep down is. What would certainly please would be to see him interact with the Elric Brothers. Luckily, we got those scenes in the Anime 1 and in the first episode of Brotherhood. It could include scenes of Elrics spending time with the family and giving the boys some lessons about life. I'm sure Hughes has a lot of stories to offer. I somehow look to him us kind of man who has seen a lot.

I guess there's no reason to tell what is my favourite pairing. laugh.gif
S.F. Thunder
I just want more EVERYONE. <3
And I agree with Misty- Nala on wanting more Hughes and for all those things! I find it odd how when I first started the anime and manga I didn't like Hughes. D:> I have no idea why!
I wouldn't mind seeing more on how Hohenheim and Trisha got together, or the births of each of the homunculi, or life in Xing before and after the end of the story, I want to see more of Ishval (Roy, Riza, Hughes, Kimbley!)... There's too much that I'd want! ><; We've been so spoiled with FMA it's hard to let it go. D:

Tombow
<Program Note>

Nice topic! ^^

Just want to let everyone know that we'll be moving this thread to Character discussion forum shortly so that FMA manga/FMA-1 can also join in on the fun. ETA: Moved the thread. smile.gif

Also, sent message to the OP and asked if it is all right to turn this into a "multiple choice allowed" poll.

Meantime, once you guys vote on the poll you can not vote again on this thread, so... if you would like to vote on multiple choices you might like to hold off voting till we hear back from the OP. smile.gif

@Misty- Nala - I added Hughes to the poll choice. smile.gif
KimbleeWorshipper
QUOTE (Dark-Winds @ Jan 21 2011, 10:33 PM) *
QUOTE (S.F. Thunder @ Jan 22 2011, 12:31 AM) *

I also personally think a prequel would be so cool ^.^ Ishval would be awesome. ANd I'd love to see what happened with Greed! O__O That'd be so cool!

Absolutely 100% agree!! Both of those things would be wonderful! happy.gif
Misty- Nala
QUOTE (S.F. Thunder @ Jan 22 2011, 04:49 PM) *
And I agree with Misty- Nala on wanting more Hughes and for all those things! I find it odd how when I first started the anime and manga I didn't like Hughes. D:> I have no idea why!

I had the same problem. The first time I saw Hughes was in ep 5 and he was on the phone with Roy. I couldn't help thinking "Ugh, another annoying goof! I'm not watching this show!"
The type the not-so-serious Hughes is seems to be a rule in cartoons, anime and tv shows in general. He is someone who does odd things, acts weird and over-exaggerates the matter. Usually this kind of character has no character development and plays no importance to the plot other than just being there, like Rico and Jackson in Hannah Montana but that show is maybe a horrible example.

Yet, Hughes was eventually a big surprise because in the same episode not only does he save the main character's life (the moment I fell for him) but he also shows he can kick some arse. biggrin.gif And his character is unbelievably deep, he is overall a pleasure to watch and hear.

Thank you for putting Hughes on the list. It too bad I can't vote for him anymore... Well, add one imaginatory vote for Hughes! wink.gif
Tombow
<Program Note>

QUOTE (Misty- Nala @ Jan 22 2011, 12:45 PM) *
Thank you for putting Hughes on the list. It too bad I can't vote for him anymore... Well, add one imaginatory vote for Hughes! wink.gif

@Misty- Nala - That was your "Other" vote, correct? Since that was due to us adding the poll choice later, I can move you "Other" vote to Hughes. (Since we normally don't touch the vote, I just want to make a public record of it here, so that when the vote changes accordingly, everyone will know what happened. smile.gif)

ETA: @Misty- Nala - Done. I moved your vote from "Other" to "Hughes" smile.gif
Before:
Maes Hughes: 0 vote
Others (please tell us who): 2 votes

After:
Maes Hughes: 1 vote
Others (please tell us who): 1 votes

BTW, everyone, this is special case only (due to the poll choice being added later, etc.) so please don't ask this when you "changed mind" etc. XD

<This post will be removed later ^^>
rosieechan
Oooh, nice topic!

Everything. o_o I want everyone's story!
(Warning! Series Final Spoilers under the spoiler tags!)

-I would like to see more on Winry and her life in Rush Valley. /winryfan ^^;
-I would also like to see more Hohenheim and exactly what he was doing. I'd also like to see even more of his backstory as well! I'd love to see what his life was like back then.
-Hohenheim/Trisha. 'nuff said.
-Roy and his crew. 'nuff said.
-Oh! And how about Hohenheim/Trisha and Sara/Urey when Ed, Al, and Winry were still little? That would be so cute!
-Al and his adventures in Xing. With Mei. 8D
-Ed and his adventures in the West.
-DEFINITELY Ling and LanFan and Fu.
-Xing. And stories from other countries, too!
-I'm a sucker for Ed/Winry and Al/Mei, so I'd love to see them interacting and their weddings! laugh.gif
-will add more...
Luxuria-Cat
Definitley the homunculi. Both series. I have a major soft spot for them. <3
A Pierrot's Aria
I voted the Elrics (Potential end of series spoilers) because I'd still like to see what they get up to, and also see more EdxWin and their babies! But I would also love to see a spin off with Mustang and co, and I would've also have loved to have seen more of Trisha and Hohenheim in Resembool. Or even just Hoho back in Xerxes. happy.gif
Tombow
<Program Note>

The poll is now changed to "Multiple Choice Allowed" for new voters so that we can pick more than one choice. biggrin.gif
(Those who'd already voted can not add additional vote ..as noted previously. Sorry! )
ScarMySoul
I would have to say Roy Mustang and his Crew... laugh.gif I can already see an entire episode dedicated to WHY mini skirts are amazing... laugh.gif
Pananan
I voted for Mustang & crew. I can see it actually working as a story, with plot goals and everything. Plus, moar potential Royai. *cough*
Dark-Winds
QUOTE (Pananan @ Jan 24 2011, 05:16 PM) *
Plus, moar potential Royai. *cough*

Yes, I completely agree with this biggrin.gif
Puka-chan
I'd love to see more about Roy.
For example him being Führer, some Royai happy.gif or his childhood.
But I also want to see something from Xing.
xUltimate_Shieldx
QUOTE (Puka-chan @ Jan 25 2011, 09:38 AM) *
I'd love to see more about Roy.
For example him being Führer, some Royai happy.gif or his childhood.
But I also want to see something from Xing.

Pretty much everything in there is everything I'd want to see most xD
Neurotripsy
I'd love to see more backstory for the Homunculi!
FirstMoon
Well I'd love to see a general backstory and then a sequal to it.
I mean starting with Hoho leaves Father,Father makes Homoculi and starts to making war,Pinako and her fame appears then Hoho meets with her and Trisha meanwhile Roy startes to work alchemy under the Hawkeye.While Trisha gives birth to her kids Roy joins the military.And then his friendship with Hughes and and Ishbal.Of course Ling's backstory starts there....It stops at where manga starts.

Sequal to manga should be about how Mustang becomes Fuhrer,brings democracy and his fate after tried by court.Of course added with new generation and Xing action.

Uhm,well

*fangirl*
EveningAlchemist
Mustang and his crew of course! We all know some more Royai would be much appreciated! I think they would be the best group of people to hold their own in a spin-off just because they have such a variety of people, but with a great leader. Any story with them can be both humorous and compelling.

Also, going back to Xerxes would be the coolest thing since ice cubes! It seems like a fascinating culture and there are still some questions that were never answered about that time period in the story. Like, how was "The First Homunculus" created in the first place? And did Hoho Papa have a wife in Xerxes, and if not... Why not? I really love the story of a slave turned great alchemist, so I totally vote for a Xerxes spin-off! biggrin.gif
AXavierB
Since Pride is my favorite character, I'd like to see something about him. Specifically, how his life went after the Promised Day.
Envy's Lady
Either Envy or Kimblee.
Mhacy
I voted for Roy Mustang and his team but I actually voted 5 from the list XD I think the Elric's already completed what they have to do and I want to see how will Mustang will progress after all that had happened. And I want to see how Roy will shave his mustache xP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.