Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Birthmarks
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Envy's Lady
I have 2 birthmarks....although one is not noticable at all and really little on my thigh(it's light brown). The other one, however, is pretty much a large part of my life.

People can't see it much in all of my pictures since due to lighting and what not it doesn't always show up a lot but I have a red birthmark on one side of my face that covers a large portion of my face. Most people think it's a burn scar. I've had people ask me "Who did that to you dear? Who burned you?" and in general people thinking it's from a burn.

You can probably notice it in these pictures:

In real life, I think people pretty much always notice it.

Anyway, it has caused me some problems in life socially sometimes....because not everyone is so kind to someone who looks different than most humans. Back in the day I've heard that people used to execute people like me, thinking we were part demon or something(people believed a lot of crazy .... back in the day....thought people were witches, etc).

There's another interesting thing about birthmarks though. Some people believe that birthmarks are scars from a past life. Like I guess from a scar so deep it scarred your soul? I don't know. I don't believe in reincarnation personally but it's interesting. lol. Considering people think mine is a burn scar I guess that's what people think happened to me in a past life if they believe that stuff.

As a kid my parents sent me in for many surgeries to lighten it. They use a laser and destroy blood vessels under the skin by frying them. It's like internal burning. My face would blister a bit in places, my left eye would swell shut, and my eye lashes would be singed off. The first time they sent me for surgery I was really little and the doctor actually didn't put me to sleep so I actually felt the burning and man that was like some serious torture. It felt like my face was burning off. Apparently my screams echoed and disturbed people in the waiting room. >_< It's either the first or second memory I have as a child.

ETA: June 7, 2011
I guess no one else here has a birthmark like that?

Anyway I'm bumping this because....I recently saw a trailer for a movie that's about someone who has a mark like mine. o_O

The guy seems to envy other humans and wishes he looked like them....much like how I used to feel for many years.

I haven't seen the movie but this is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuxaYXPLxBo
A Pierrot's Aria
I've never noticed this thread before. ohmy.gif

Although it's not really the same as yours, my sister has a small birthmark on her neck. It used to frustrate her in school because people always mistook it for a love bite. dry.gif

And that's a really interesting thing you bought up about birth marks being the "scars of a past life". I've never heard that thought before --I don't believe it, but it was certainly an interesting read!

----

I also merged your posts. happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.