Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New FMA Manga Guidebook, "Fullmetal Alchemist Chronicle" (Book release date pushed back to July 29)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga > FMA Manga Spoiler Zone
Pages: 1, 2, 3
FirstMoon
Dat timeline...Character profiles...Must...resist...

Now I could anything to anything to read Japanese.

A Pierrot's Aria
Continued...

Special Collab Collection (Pt. 3)
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Next it has the Rough Sketch gallery and Roy Mustang Observation Diary , both of which you can find on the Fullmetal Alchemist Rough Sketch Gallery thread and Gaiden And Guidebook Scanlations! thread respectively.

Random Stuff...xD
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Then the next thing is the FMA Prototype, and everything to do with that can be found on the FMA Manga Prototype thread.

More Arakawa Interview
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Cow Shed
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Omakes
Click to view attachment

Last page/Special thank you
Click to view attachment

That's it for now...everything else is DVD/BD omakes and story recap/characters. The latter may or may not have any new/interesting stuff on, but I'll scan them tomorrow anyway and update here. If there are any people who can translate the Japanese text and finds a certain page quite hard to read, just let me know and I'll rescan.
A Pierrot's Aria
Well...I think this will be it. (For now anyway.)

Bare in mind --you need to be registered and logged in to view these images.

More character pages (I don't know if there will be any new or interesting information on these pages, but I do notice that there are some comments by Arakawa scattered on some of the pages; they could be interesting, but I have no idea.)

Edward 2 (This is the page after Ed timeline I posted above)
Click to view attachment

Alphonse 2 (This is the page after Al timeline I posted above)
Click to view attachment

Winry and Scar
Click to view attachment

Roy 2 (This is the page after Roy timeline I posted above)
Click to view attachment

Hughes, Havoc and Riza
Click to view attachment

Kimblee, Marcoh, Breda, Falman, Fuery, Ross
Click to view attachment

Miles, Buccaneer, Alex Armstrong, Grumman, Olivier Armstrong
Click to view attachment

Lan Fan, Fu and a little more Ling (comes after Ling timeline posted above)
Click to view attachment

May, Yoki, Izumi, Pinako, the four chimeras whose names escape me right now *fail*
Click to view attachment

Bradley/Wrath, Selim/Pride, and Envy
Click to view attachment

Sig, Sheska, Cornello, Gracia/Elysia, Madam Christmas, King of Xerxes, The Gold-toothed doctor who I can't remember the name of right now xD, Garfield, some guy I can't recognise, Den, Brosh, Scar's brother, The Silver Alchemist, Shao and Nina Tucker, Shao May, Scar's Master, Mrs. Bradley, Black Hayate, Barry, Paninya, Basque-Gran, Hakuro, 48, Trisha, Mr and Mrs Rockbell, Rose, Ishvalan guy, Rebecca, Forgot his name (Do'h), That guy and his kid from the mining town, Mr. Hawkeye, Lust, Gluttony, Sloth, original Greed (I just realised that I fail at remembering names xD)
Click to view attachment

And here's a page about the Amestris and the History of Amestris (it has a nice little map of Amestris and chart showing how many stars/stripes there are for each military rank, and there's also a timeline on there from 1550.) I have no idea if this has been covered before in previous guides, though. So this may be nothing new...
Click to view attachment

For anyone who fancies translating all or some of this, there are also pages about Alchemy, Chimera, human transmutation, Philosopher's stone, State Alchemists, Automail, Xerxes, the Dwarf in the Flask, Homunculi, transmutation circle and the Promised Day. If you would like them scanned, let me know.

On a random note, a few of my scans were quick to appear on Tumblr. LOL But yeah, now I'm going to give scanning a rest because my "scanning" arm is killing me. xD
shiroth
The miniskirt fantasy finally sees colour. biggrin.gif
Michiyo-
Thanks for scanning the pages of the Chronicle, A Pierrot's Aria! biggrin.gif

The collaboration illustrations are great, and I wish I knew Japanese so that I could read all these interesting info about the story, the characters, etc.
Tombow
Thank you so much for the scans, A Pierrot's Aria! hug.gif

I will get to the translations as soon as I finish what I'm working on at the moment (translations of the third installment of "Teach Us, Instructor Roy!" video) ^^
A Pierrot's Aria
No worries Michiyo- and Tombow --I really appreciate you saying thank you! hug.gif

And thank you, Tombow, for offering to do translations after your current project. happy.gif

I decided to rescan all of the special collab images in a better quality and get rid of those pesky shadows that appear on the sides of the images on my original scans...Hope you like them. (I haven't done them all yet, but here is what I have so far:)

I still have the rest to do and shall update here when I've done them. smile.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
I rescanned further special collab images. I still have a few to go.

BlackCarson
Hi everyone! I'm new here... since I'm italian and my english is quite bad I'm not going to post often, but I wanted to thank Pierrot's Aria for the work done, so... I showed me up! And besides, I wanted to thank you all for the wonderful site. XD
Tombow
^ Aww, thank you for your kind words, and welcome to our board, BlackCarson! Your English sounds great, and we hope to see you more in our forums! happy.gif

@A Pierrot's Aria - Those better quality scans look awesome! Thank you so much for doing re-scans! hug.gif

And, since I'm making a post...

Ms Cocoa's collab piece is missing the message from her to Arakawa-sensei, by the book editor's editing mistake.
Ms Cocoa is a huge fan of Arakawa, and hence she was very disappointed about the editing mistake, and asked on Twitter to spread the corrected version, so.. here is the corrected version (sorry for the lesser quality pic ^^) I will try to make the full translations eventually, but anyway, in the message she is congratulating Arakawa for the conclusion of FMA, and saying she liked the ending.
smile.gif

A Pierrot's Aria
@BlackCarson Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment --I really appreciate it. hug.gif Welcome to the board, I'm really glad you like it here. hug.gif

@Tombow No worries. Glad they look okay! happy.gif And yeah, I saw that in this thread a while back --thank you for explaining what it says!

And these are the last ones (including the pic that was with Rumiko Takahashi's message)

A Pierrot's Aria
A few people that looked at the pictures seemed to really love the following two...so I decided to rescan them, as well. They're two of my favourite images from Chronicle, too. happy.gif

BlackCarson
Thank you for the welcome! I can't wait to see the complete translation of Ms Cocoa's piece: It's one of my favourite collaboration drawing (I'm a HUGE fan of Royai, you see). Good to see she loves Arakawa-sensei too. wink.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
I rescanned these a few days ago --I had to when I figured out what was going on in two of the omakes. I'd say one on each is pretty easily guessed by just looking at them (the one with Roy and Grumman, and the other with Ed and Winry). They made me giggle. laugh.gif I'm not quite sure what's going on in the third image though.

If there's a certain page that I haven't rescanned already and you'd like it rescanned, just ask away and I'll try and do it when I get the chance.
~LilianaDC~
OMG, A Pierrot's Aria, THANK YOU SO MUCH for these scans! Just seeing all pages of this wonderful guidebook makes me so happy! Waiting for English translation ;-)
A Pierrot's Aria
@LilianaDC No worries! I'm glad that you like them! smile.gif

I rescanned some more stuff from Chronicle when I was trying to pass some time before tea a while ago. I've already posted them on my Tumblr account and thankfully a lot of the FMA fans there seem to like them; some of you here may have come across them there already. But I'll post them here, too. smile.gif

These pics are quite small in the book and some share the same page. But I cropped them into separate images.

A Pierrot's Aria
^Cont

(Warning--> This pic contains end of series spoilers) Click here.
Lavinchen
Oh man, I hope that this will be published in English really soon. Because there's no chance that it will be released in Germany anyway. I want to read the whole Book and I want to understand all it contains.
Aww~ and the Scans are so gorgeous. *__* Thank you for that. ^^
A Pierrot's Aria
No worries, Lavinchen! And I would also love to know what's being said in the book. Particularly on the timelines. ohmy.gif I'm surprised nothing has popped up yet...

It's come to my attention that the attachments I posted here don't function properly any more, so the scans with interviews with Arakawa and the character pages and timelines aren't viewable any more. Not only that, but my albums on PB are pretty disorganised... So I made a list of links on the first post so people can view all the scans. (They also should be in the correct order as they are in the book). It'll also be handy for those who have trouble with the loading of all the images in the thread. smile.gif

You can view the images here.
Tombow
^ That's so helpful! Thank you, A Pierrot's Aria! hug.gif
Nefertekas
Thank you so much, A Pierrot's Aria ! I just wish they'd translate those chronicles... I'm so curious to know more. *.*
allykatty1
I don't suppose anyone ever translated the interviews with Arakawa in the "Chronicle" book into English? Or for that matter, that other book that came out last year full of academic essays centered around FMA? *sigh* Really, really wish I could speak Japanese fluently... >_<

I seriously doubt either of these will ever be officially translated and published in English, so some kind person translating and posting online is probably the best we could hope for! Same probably goes for the unabridged editions of the manga. I'm sure I'll buy them anyway at some point, but it is frustrating. *siiiigggghhhh* sleep.gif
AA battery
Unfortunately, it would be highly unlikely for these to be translated into official English edition due to the ENORMOUS amount of work required to translate these (they are WALL OF TEXT compared to word bubbles in a comic). Heck, they didn't even publish the Perfect Guidebook 1-3 back then and those didn't have as much text as this Chronicles book...

These are difficult to translate...

So don't keep your hopes high for a translated official version of these x_x

Tombow
I agree with AA battery on all accounts. "Wall of Text" is right, and comparing the volume of text involved, translating manga chapter was like a walk in the park compared to translating the whole chronicle. xp And, sadly, the series has ended and accordingly as the time passes there are less marketing interests for the series related publications, so, unfortunately, I think it is less likely that we'd get the official English translations. I hope the publisher would prove me wrong and we'll see the English version of the Chronicle, but sadly I'm not holding high hopes for it. :(

Translating Eureka articles requires a whole different level of efforts also, as it requires deeper knowledge and understanding of Japanese culture and art, or enough research to supplement, in order to grasp the accurate meaning of the article. And, I'm not sure how much demand there is among English speaking FMA fans for English translations of these articles, as this is more specialized readings, and I highly doubt that we'll ever see official English version of this. ...although, myself I'd LOVE to read these articles in English, much more so than other "fluff" articles/publications.

Personally, I'm still interested in translating Arakawa's interviews on Eureka, if anyone can provide the scan of the original and when & if I can find time. Unfortunately, my real life has been quite hectic, and I'm afraid it would be likely to get even more hectic for the next couple of months, so I've been trying to avoid making any commitment I may not be able to fulfil. Later on I might be able to help, but meantime I hope some other Japanese-English speaking FMA fans (current or ex) can volunteer and translate at least some of the pages from these publications.
allykatty1
Yeah, I have a copy of the Eureka essays book and really am DYING to see them translated... but it is also true I don't think anyone else has scanned them yet... right? I suppose I could break down and scan my mint-condition copy (rather OCD in this regard, hahaha, so I'd have to be extra careful not to bend the spine, which could be difficult).

Am I right in thinking no one else has scanned those essays? I remember seeing the table of contents translated a while back, but no actual pages.
Tombow
@allykatty1 - No, as far as we know nobody has made available scans of actual pages of that issue of Eureka magazine yet. Table of content was taken from the website of the publisher and translated by me when that issue of magazine came out. Of course it would be nice to have scans of the original pages of these articles, and it would be mighty kind of you if you could make scans, but please note that we don't know how long it might take to have the translations of scanned pages, or for that matter, there is no guarantee that we can get them all translated. So... please think twice before you ruin your mint-condition magazine, and make sure that's all right with you. ^^
allykatty1
Hahaha, duly noted. XD I am patient when needs be and I sure would like to see this magazine translated... I am very interested in academic approaches to FMA (and am actually writing such an article myself right now, as I mentioned recently in another thread). I might scan these pages sometime in the next month or so (GAHH, so busy myself right now!!!). smile.gif
Tombow
@allykatty1 - That sounds good! Please do! I'm patient also and I will wait. ^^
I'm also looking forward to reading your FMA article when you're done. happy.gif
Abdulkareem Sheraif
Did anyone ever get to translating the timeline or interviews?
Thank you
Tombow
QUOTE (Abdulkareem Sheraif @ Dec 8 2012, 05:58 PM) *
Did anyone ever get to translating the timeline or interviews?
Thank you

@Abdulkareem Sheraif - Only small bits of timeline have been translated. If someone can provide the scan of the original I may be able to manage time to do it....possibly. smile.gif
Abdulkareem Sheraif
Unfortunately it seems that there are no scans as of yet or difficult to find. Thank you very much for your generous offer though. I will hopefully take you up on your generosity one day.
A Pierrot's Aria
Uuuh... I scanned the majority of the pages from the FMA Chronicle, including the timelines which are all on the first post of this thread.

It'd be awesome to see the timelines translated --they're the only things I'm personally interested in seeing translated to be honest. xD
Tombow
^ You're right, A Pierrot's Aria, I got it mixed up with other FMA material. I will try to get some translations this weekend.^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.