Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Volume 27 cover & Omake, including "Hohenheim" ulter-mini gaiden!! Vol 27 contains chapters 107 & 108, plus Gaiden "Another Journey's End"
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2
penguintruth
Aww, that Gaiden with Trisha and Hohenheim is great. I wish they would animate it.

Totally using that final shot of them as an avatar.
Animeoldtimer
Please forgive me if this is posted elsewhere. but if you are a friend of hagaren_manga on live journal there is a link to some 4-komas from Volume 27.

http://community.livejournal.com/hagaren_manga/607063.html (Warning! The scans contain Series Final Spoilers.)
Tombow
QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Nov 26 2010, 11:17 PM) *
Please forgive me if this is posted elsewhere. but if you are a friend of hagaren_manga on live journal there is a link to some 4-komas from Volume 27.

http://community.livejournal.com/hagaren_manga/607063.html (Warning! The scans contain Series Final Spoilers.)

Thank you, Animeoldtimer! Yes, for anyone who is not LiveJournal member nor friend of hagaren_manga on LJ, another link (Baidu) for scans for 4-koma omake has been posted by Michiyo- here. biggrin.gif (Warning! The scans contain Series Final Spoilers.)
Animeoldtimer
Oops! I forgot to put a spoiler warning. Thanks Tombow. Are there any english translations for any of the 4-komas? I saw the Omake translation. Thanks for that!
Tombow
^ You're welcome. ^^ If anyone would like to take a shot at the translations, please go ahead and do.
If nobody else would post it, then I'll try to find the time to post some more translations. smile.gif
fma155
wow thanks for the link Michiyo and thanks you very much tombow for the translations happy.gif
I love fma manga
Anakishi
Hii, I kept away from this thread since I didn’t want to be spoiled until my copy arrived, and it finally has! Yay! I must say though, the first thing I looked up was the spine, and… let’s say it was anticlimactic.
The last omake was just… oh God. If only the last chapter ended up with that, I might have enjoyed it a lot more.

A little off-topic, but I just looked up the last chapter again, and noticed the tombstone reads “Trisia Elric”, instead of Trisha like shown in chapter 44. Epic typo? But it was in two panels, same thing… Maybe Arakawa changed her mind, and now it is short for “Patricia”, just… written wrong? XD

Anyways, I’m so happy to have a complete set, never really thought it would happen back when I started with this manga… oh, the memories.

Now, I’d like to say I made a “tentative translation” (using Tombow’s words) of the 4-komas at the end; but I MUST WARN YOU – I’ve never done any translations before, ever, so please, please don’t shoot me if there’s anything wrong (or everything, for that matter). Also keep in mind neither Japanese nor English is my native language; I can safely say I’m fluent in English (thanks to web and videogames) but my Japanese…
I’m also really embarrassed by putting this up. shy.gif

My vol 27 4-koma omake Translations (tentative)

(Warning! All of the following 4-koma omake contain FMA-manga series final spoilers!)

Omake 1 – From Scratch

Panel 1:
Al: Yay!
My flesh body!!

Panel 2:
Winry: That’s so great, Al!
Al: I wanna eat the apple pie you promised me! Make it, Winry!
Ed (small chars): yeah, yeah, please do it

Panel 3:
Winry: Well, then, answering your requests, I’ll make it now!
Let’s get to work!
Al & Ed (small chars): yaaaay!

Panel 4:
Al: …What are you doing?
Winry: The oven.
Ed: You gonna start from there?

Omake 2 – The Law

Panel 1:
Ed: Al--! I need money--!
Al: Okay. How much?

Panel 2:
Ed: 10000 cenz.
I’ll pay you back next month.
(small chars) thank youu
Al: Oh. Then…

Panel 3:
Al: It’ll be 11000 cenz.

Panel 4:
Al: There’s a 10% interest, you know…
Ed: Eh-
Wha-
Al: If you take 10, gotta return 11!

Omake 3 – ♀

Panel 1:
Greed: All ones who have family or loved ones, or who don’t wanna get hurt, step aside!
Also women! I have no interest in fighting girls!

Panel 2:
Greed: …GTFO
(End)

Panel 3:
Al: There’s one girl we couldn’t save.
I’ll never be able to forget her.

Panel 4:
Al: …Not you.
(End)

Omake 4 – Pythagoras' Switch* ( *actual title of this omake in Japanese raw is "ピタゴルアスイッチ" = "ピタゴラスイッチ"/"PythagoraSwitch" which is the name of a popular Japanese children's entertainment-educational TV show. ^^ ~ T.)

Panel 1:
Selim (small chars): mommy, I’m hungry~
Grumman: I wonder what that button on his forehead does…

Panel 2:
Sfx: press

Panel 3:
Selim: Don’t touch it, you low life form.

Panel 4:
Selim: Or I’ll tell mommy you’re the one who blew up Bradley’s train.

Omake 5 – Unexpected

Panel 1:
Mrs. Bradley: It’s been two years.
And that tiny Selim already got this big.

Panel 2:
Mrs. Bradley: Even though everybody calls him a homunculus
Selim: mommy~
Mrs. Bradley: He’s a sweet happy boy just like every other human.

Panel 3:
Mrs. Bradley: Give him enough love
And he’ll continue to grow big, fast.

Panel 4:
Five years later
(small chars): grew big, fast.
Selim: mommy~
Mrs. Bradley: Okay, he’s huge.
(small chars) what should I do?

Omake 6 – Shameful Protagonist
(Translation is still in progress for this omake ^^)

Panel 1:
Ed: Stand up, you third rate!
I’ll show why you’re not in our lyeag-

Panel 2:
[it says ‘kanda’. I really have no clue]
Sfx: blush

Panel 3:
Ed: I’ll give you half my life!
So give me halvov-

Panel 4:
[Kanda – again. Not in my dictionary, sorry]
Sfx: blush

Note: From what I understood, he’s tripping in the words or something. I tried google translator and it keeps showing “blew”. Is there such an expression as “he blew it” in English for this kind of situation? Lol, probably not, maybe I just got it all wrong.
he03
Thanks very much Anakishi for the translations for the 4komas! BRB lol-ing forever... laugh.gif
Michiyo-
Thanks for translating the 4-komas, Anakishi, all of them are great! biggrin.gif
Anomia Grey
Haha, great translastion Anakishi! I love Shameful Protagonist and Pythagoras' Switch - heck, I love all of them! ^^
RoyxRizaFan
Thanks so much for everybody who has provided translations and links thus far, I really appreciate it!!

XD Those comics are great. I love 2, 3, and 4 best happy.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you for the translations, Anakishi! The 4komas are great. tongue.gif
Nagareboshi
@Anakaish: Your translations are very good! There's no need to be embarrassed.

As for the unfinished 6th omake, I can't figure out "kanda" either. However, I think that the "da" may just be a copula in this case.

I've translated the little scenes on the covers of Vol. 27:

(Warning! Following two omake contain FMA-manga Series Final Spoilers!)

If Only Sloth Remains in Father

Father: I don’t care if I’m a god or a perfect being.
(SFX: Complain)
Father: I don’t want to work.
Father: I want to sleep.
Father: Creating a philosopher’s stone is troublesome.
Father: Wearing clothes is troublesome.
Father: I don’t want to be the last boss.
And he lives happily ever after…

The Previous Volume Continues

Father: Oh?
The Elrics: The earth was round!!
(Text at the bottom of panel 4)The Fullmetal Alchemist is over!!
he03
@Nagareboshi Thanks for those translations. Unfortunately the pics in those links are no longer there. ohmy.gif Do you have them saved by any chance?
allykatty1
Wow, just... wow. I was not expecting this! T_T Rather than an omake, I feel like we just got a surprise 3-page gaiden. And so touching! I seriously got choked up. I don't know that I've ever seen Hohenheim look as happy and smile as wide as he did on that second page talking to Trisha.

Not to be greedy, but any chance of a scanlation of the Trisha/Hohenheim short? ;D
Tombow
Thank you so much, Anakishi and Nagareboshi for the translations!! You guys are awesome! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (allykatty1 @ Dec 5 2010, 05:24 PM) *
Not to be greedy, but any chance of a scanlation of the Trisha/Hohenheim short? ;D

@allykatty1 - I'm kind of surprised that we haven't seen scanlations for this one from the "usual" scanlator guys, or even just about anyone can make it since it's only three short pages and translations are not hard also. I think someone must have made it by now unsure.gif (unless, they are all busy with school/RL works, like some of us on our board are right now... )
Anyway, we happen to have a skilled scanlation-editor among our currently active members, *coughscarlettecough* and I'll go ahead and ask if she would like to help us with this one. smile.gif
Nagareboshi
QUOTE (he03 @ Dec 5 2010, 09:04 AM) *
@Nagareboshi Thanks for those translations. Unfortunately the pics in those links are no longer there. ohmy.gif Do you have them saved by any chance?

Yes I do!

(Warning! Following two omake contain FMA-manga Series Final Spoilers!)

If Only Sloth Remains in Father

The Previous Volume Continues
he03
Cheers, Nagareboshi! biggrin.gif
Kasumisty
I've found more omakes from that volume, but unfortunately, they're in chinese:

Tombow
^ Thank you, Kasumisty! Are those, by any chance, from Arakawa's other book (with the funny story about her being cow farmer)?? unsure.gif

QUOTE (allykatty1 @ Dec 5 2010, 05:24 PM) *

@allykatty1 - Here you go. ^^
We can thank scarlette for her excellent & speedy work in making this scanlation. ^^

(Warning! Following omake contains FMA-manga Series Final Spoilers!)

Vol 27 "Hohenheim" omake/ultra-mini gaiden, scanlated:

Page 1 (click on "+" to enlarge)

Pages 2 & 3
(click on "+" to enlarge)
allykatty1
Score!!! biggrin.gif Thanks, @scarlette and @Tombow!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.