Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA characters as homunculi...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Luxuria-Cat
So after seeing zillions of Pride!Ed fanart/fanfic/etc, I've been thinking ...
If FMA characters were homunculi, which one would be the best fit? smile.gif
(I personally think Wrath for Olivier would be brilliant. She fights like the apocalypse, and you *don't* want to anger her ever, biggrin.gif)
rosieechan
Interesting. smile.gif

Yeah, I agree with you on Olivier. I think Scar in a way would fit this, too: him spreading his "wrath" on State Alchemists and all.
Ed would fit Pride because he's "proud" of being human, I guess.
Hohenheim in a way could fit Envy because he's "envious" of humans.

I'll think of more later...

Btw, this might be a little off topic, but what exactly is pride!Ed? I've seen fanarts and such, but was that ever mentioned in the story?

<Pride!Ed is a fan-made character. It's from a fan-made FMA game called Bluebird's Illusion. It is not a canon FMA character. C: ~ Board staff>
Luxuria-Cat
Yeah. I think the same of Scar too...(I like both him and Olivier waaayyy better than the Wraths in the series. biggrin.gif) (Maybe Wrath!Winry too, when the brothers don't tell her what's going on or the automail gets broken, she goes off! biggrin.gif)
Yes, Ed is very proud (and by the way, Pride!Ed is a relatively common AU-type device in fanfiction where Ed is the homunculus Pride. And no, it's not in either series but when I first went into the fandom and had knowledge of only the manga I thought he was Pride in the anime.)
Whoa, never thought of Hoho that way. But you're so right. Envy could also work for Al (people with bodies...) or Roze (her life basically fell out from under her feet, even more in the anime).
Lol this is fun. XD
rosieechan
QUOTE (Luxuria-Cat @ Oct 18 2010, 08:47 PM) *
(Maybe Wrath!Winry too, when the brothers don't tell her what's going on or the automail gets broken, she goes off! biggrin.gif)

LOL, that's true. XD

Yes, Ed is very proud (and by the way, Pride!Ed is a relatively common AU-type device in fanfiction where Ed is the homunculus Pride. And no, it's not in either series but when I first went into the fandom and had knowledge of only the manga I thought he was Pride in the anime.)

Ahh, so that's what it is. smile.gif
(*refuses to like any Pride other than manga!Pride* lol)

Whoa, never thought of Hoho that way. But you're so right. Envy could also work for Al (people with bodies...) or Roze (her life basically fell out from under her feet, even more in the anime).
Lol this is fun. XD

You're right! Also, I was thinking Envy could work for Father as well because of similar reasons to Hohenheim but then realized that he had all the sins, and that's why he got rid of them and created Homunculi in the first place XD
Luxuria-Cat
Manga!Pride is infinitely better than Pride from the anime biggrin.gif I don't like Bradley anytime...but Pride!Bradley kills Selim and Martel so that's so not cool with me.
yes, Father actually is rather envious o_o and slothful too. He makes the homunculi do everything while he's attached to that throne thing. XD
Greed!Hakuro maybe? He really wants to move up and isn't so concerned with others...and Lust is Kimblee. Bloodlust like whoa. "Ohhhhhh yeeessss that beautiful symphony!"
Nocturne
- Homunculus Rework -

So, who would really make the better Wrath, the Führer or Roy Mustang?

My money is on Roy - just look at the way he b*tch slapped Envy and Lust all over the place. Yea, the Führer is a badass with his sword, but I don't think that he has Roy's passion.

Are there any other characters from the series you can see akin to the essences the 7 deadly sins convey as a replacement?
A Pierrot's Aria
Hello, Nocturne! Welcome to the board!

We have a thread concerning this topic already. ohmy.gif The Characters as homunculi...which sin for who? thread. happy.gif

So if everyone would like to add their thoughts in this thread in the meantime, this thread can be merged with the Characters as homunculi...which sin for who? thread later! biggrin.gif

ETA: Thread merged 29/8/11
Nocturne
Oh wow, I didn't see that! Thanks, I'll check it out in the meantime. : D
njrk97
armstrong would be pride since he is so arrognent with his armstrong family line thing
Pride the Arrogant
Pride would fit for just about any of the main characters (Ed, Olivier, etc). Arrogance is everywhere. There's a reason it's the one Sin that can never truly be defeated. wink.gif

Wrath: Definitely Scar, and probably Mustang. Olivier is also a good fit.

Everyone else: Working on that.

Off-topic: !What's !up !with !sticking !an !exclamation !mark !before !a !name?
deadlypenguin666
But, has anyone ever made an oc to go with pride-ed, cause he's SO FRIGGIN ADORABLE!!!! i've already made one to go with him, too.

BTW,!why!are!you!gonna!do!that!??
Pride the Arrogant
QUOTE (deadlypenguin666 @ Jun 29 2012, 07:02 AM) *
But, has anyone ever made an oc to go with pride-ed, cause he's SO FRIGGIN ADORABLE!!!! i've already made one to go with him, too.

BTW,!why!are!you!gonna!do!that!??

Is that directed at me? Really, I was just a little exasperated at the time with the whole Manga!Pride/Anime!Pride/Pride!Ed/etc. because the exclamation mark seemed pretty pointless. But I've gotten over it, though I still haven't gotten an explanation. =/

On-topic: Havoc (Mr. I-love-big-boobs!) would be a great Lust. I do find it ironic that even though Father supposedly purged himself of all sins, he still exhibits elements of them.
JPPCouto
Pride the Arrogant: Father purged himself of all sins, so he became a being empty on inside. Because the sins make us human.
Pride the Arrogant
QUOTE (JPPCouto @ Jul 18 2012, 03:15 AM) *
Pride the Arrogant: Father purged himself of all sins, so he became a being empty on inside. Because the sins make us human.

I know that. "Supposedly" just meant that that was what was stated throughout the series.

He was trying to distance himself from humans by purging out his sins, and though it did make him hollow, he interestingly still shows some traits of each. He sees himself as being higher than humans (Pride), he covets power and knowledge at all costs (Greed), devours souls with no self control (Gluttony), desires a family like humans (Envy), prefers to have others do his bidding (Sloth), and lusts after becoming the perfect being (Lust; in this case, the older meaning for the sin).

EDIT: Forgot to say that he gets angry when opposed (Wrath).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.